Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby qeee1 on Sat May 27, 2006 6:48 pm

thegrimsleeper wrote:I'll tell you why not:

1. It's against the spirit of the game, which is kill or be killed. Not roll over and take one in the bum.

When did you change?

Are people talking about when there are two people left or three? Grim's point about multis is very valid though.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Marvaddin on Sat May 27, 2006 6:58 pm

I believe we could have a way to get draws in some special conditions... It happened to me once in game 11817... By the game chat you can see... Me and vyvyan (now one of my partners) survived only because of our alliance. After eliminated the other players, we were both sad about have to kill the another, we would like a way where no one of us would lose points. So, maybe sometimes a draw would be good, but as its a hole to cheaters, maybe only a moderator could finish the game...
Major Marvaddin

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sat May 27, 2006 7:11 pm

So maybe we could have a "Draw" button that would need everyone left in the game to work. You'd start your turn and it would say "Marvaddin wants to call it a draw." and you'd click ok, and then it would tell the other guy "Marvaddin and thegrimsleeper want to call it a draw." and the other guy would say:

Yes, and no one in the game would lose or gain points (even the people already eliminated), or

No, and we'd all have to keep fighting.

I'm not sure it'd get used too often, and it seems there may be a small amount of potential for abuse, but it's certainly a better idea than just a straight Surrender.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby Marvaddin on Sat May 27, 2006 7:17 pm

If no point taken of the eliminated, really low limit to abuse, but it would be never used, I believe... Im thinking about take points from eliminated players, and split them to survivors, but have a moderator to approve it... only approve due to game circunstances and after check the presence of multis.
Major Marvaddin

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sat May 27, 2006 7:24 pm

Sounds like a really convoluted alternative to just taking out your opponent, which is what the game is all about. If you're taking points form anyone, even players already eliminated, then the chance for abuse is even greater. I doubt lack would ever approve either incarnation.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby SonicStriker on Sun May 28, 2006 8:24 am

thegrimsleeper wrote:I'll tell you why not:

2. I know the rationale is that you will be saving yourself and others time, but honestly, if you've made it to the point where there's 3 people left in the game, and you're in such a poition that you feel you have no hope but to surrender, how much time are you really wasting? You can't wait another 24 hours?
----
4. The Cards. If you hit surrender, and you become neutral, your cards are lost. This was abused in the past for this reason, and it would be abused in the future if reinstated.

5. Multis. We had much less of a problem with multis (or at least so it seems) when the button was still a part of the site. If this were implemented now, with the multi situation being what it is, I guarantee multis will be wreaking even more havoc on our scoreboard.
[edit] This will make it even easier for multis to go undetected, because they will be able to play as seperate entities and just surrender at the end of the game, drawing less suspicion to themselves.

The only reason I supported the surrender button is because it might be another way to save people time, but if there are any negative consequences of having it, like what thegrimsleeper mentions, then yes, another possible 24 hours of waiting is not unbearable.
New Recruit SonicStriker

leave games

Postby pyro55 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:52 pm

i think it would be cool if after ur in a game if u dont like it u could somehow drop the game or somtin

--the true pyro
Cook pyro55

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:55 pm

Sounds like deadbeat talk to me.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby pyro55 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:00 am

i think that was a little confusing so wut i meant is if someone is taking forever u can erase that game from ur my games list so u can go to another one

--the true pyro
Cook pyro55

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:02 am

There currently is no 'surrender' button, and most likely won't ever come back.

As for trying to get out of games, it is frowned upon to deadbeat, and you can gain many enemies that way. The most honorable thing you can do is simply play until you are defeated. Once you are eliminated from a game, it doesn't count toward your active game number, so you can start another up to the 4 game limit.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:03 am

AndyDufresne wrote:There currently is no 'surrender' button, and most likely won't ever come back.

As for trying to get out of games, it is frowned upon to deadbeat, and you can gain many enemies that way. The most honorable thing you can do is simply play until you are defeated. Once you are eliminated from a game, it doesn't count toward your active game number, so you can start another up to the 4 game limit.

--Andy

Yeah what he said.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby pyro55 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:24 pm

ya well f*ck u all and all the poeple who take fucking forever u sons of bitches

--the true pyro

Cook pyro55

Postby HighBorn on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:28 pm

Ahem what game #'s do you have open bro???
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby KoolBak on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:47 pm

Spoken like a true scholar.....

*IL, engage!*
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Phobia on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:50 pm

i just recommend you are absolutely positive you want to join the game, and make sure you havent got any events, eg holidays coming up too.
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Dropout of a game?

Postby EcoMaster on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:51 pm

Hi, I'm new to this game, but I caught on very quickly. I have 4 games started up at the moment, and I was wondering if you could make a dropout option. Here's how it would work and NOT stop the game:

Okay, you put up your position for replacement. You still play until someone takes your spot. If one or more account spots are open by wanting of dropout, the game appears on the Join Game list. When someone clicks to join, they can see the current status and if they want, choose who they want to get in as.

OR

You simply click 'leave' and your player is replaced with a bot. Same thing as above happens then. Another player can replace the bot after checking status.

Whaddya think?
Cadet EcoMaster

Postby Fieryo on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:15 pm

you dont give a "no" option so i cant vote :wink:
...where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true. We call it -- "history"
Major Fieryo

Postby EcoMaster on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:27 pm

What? I put one in!

Can I get a mod to edit that to include a No option?
Cadet EcoMaster

Postby lackattack on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:04 am

I added the "No" option and voted No.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby hawkeye on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:06 am

oooh veto'd by lack
Cook hawkeye

Postby areyouincahoots on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:07 am

Yay for Lack (MWAH!)...I say people should definitely NOT have the option of dropping a game...That would be totally abused...as soon as someone thought they might lose they'd drop the game...that's dumb.
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." -Doc Holliday
Private 1st Class areyouincahoots

Re: Dropout of a game?

Postby pyro55 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:18 am

EcoMaster wrote:Hi, I'm new to this game, but I caught on very quickly. I have 4 games started up at the moment, and I was wondering if you could make a dropout option. Here's how it would work and NOT stop the game:

Okay, you put up your position for replacement. You still play until someone takes your spot. If one or more account spots are open by wanting of dropout, the game appears on the Join Game list. When someone clicks to join, they can see the current status and if they want, choose who they want to get in as.

OR

You simply click 'leave' and your player is replaced with a bot. Same thing as above happens then. Another player can replace the bot after checking status.

Whaddya think?

thants wut i was thinking

--the true pyro
Last edited by pyro55 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook pyro55

Postby lackattack on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:36 am

areyouincahoots wrote:Yay for Lack (MWAH!)...I say people should definitely NOT have the option of dropping a game...That would be totally abused...as soon as someone thought they might lose they'd drop the game...that's dumb.

oooh she's wearing red lipstick again :D
Sergeant lackattack

Postby EcoMaster on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:22 am

They wont be able to completely drop out, like I said. They put their spot up for grabs, and if nobody likes his position, he's stuck with it.

And we already have deadbeats, don't we?

*crawls in corner and starts crying*
Cadet EcoMaster

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:16 pm

Maybe replacements if 1 player misses 3 turns a player takes his slot and doesn't lose any points
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions