Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby EcoMaster on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:36 pm

Thats's almost identical to what i said...

Just faster.
Cadet EcoMaster

A quit button after a certain amount of turns

Postby gavin_sidhu on Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:11 am

I know it has been raised before, but i think there should be a quit button after so many turns.

I unwittingly joined a circus maximus game with no cards, and nobody attacks each other. All they do is put men down and end there turn. Im thinking about deadbeating but then i would get negative feedback.
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby Jota on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:57 am

If you don't like the fact that no one is making any attacks, then why not attack someone?
Sergeant 1st Class Jota

deadbeaters

Postby nyg5680 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:15 am

than deadbeaters will be taken to a new level if they are having a bad game up they quit
u will end up having quitters from the start of the game if they dont like where they were posistioned
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Re: deadbeaters

Postby reverend_kyle on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:25 am

nyg5680 wrote:than deadbeaters will be taken to a new level if they are having a bad game up they quit
u will end up having quitters from the start of the game if they dont like where they were posistioned

who said you wouldnt lose points..
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:50 am

Then someone about to die could quit to stop someone from getting their cards.
Captain spiesr

Postby killerbee on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm

Hi,

If you want out of a game just say so in the chat, I'm sure the other players would be happy to oblige.

Killerbee
Captain killerbee

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:16 pm

killerbee wrote:Hi,

If you want out of a game just say so in the chat, I'm sure the other players would be happy to oblige.

Killerbee

LMAO, yeah right. If you want out of a game, prepare to get flamed over and over again.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby gavin_sidhu on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:51 pm

Well i finally suicided in that game. Problem solved
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Re: A quit button after a certain amount of turns

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:49 pm

this is why you look @the game type before you join.

to get out quickly, attack everyone until you have one army on each country. then they attack you because you are an easier target.

if they don't attack you just put down more armies and keep attacking. you may win the game :wink:
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Re: A quit button after a certain amount of turns

Postby bryanbr on Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:58 am

gavin_sidhu wrote:I know it has been raised before, but i think there should be a quit button after so many turns.

I unwittingly joined a circus maximus game with no cards, and nobody attacks each other. All they do is put men down and end there turn. Im thinking about deadbeating but then i would get negative feedback.

I am currently implementing a quit button. Its different though.

(1) Only used early in the game, round 2
(2) Only used if your teammate has skipped his first turn

I am considering having it available in sequential 7 and 8 player non-team games if the first couple players have skipped their turns. Who wants wait around for multiple deadbeats? Sure they are cannon fodder but still that can be a lot of waiting.
Private bryanbr

Can you surrender?

Postby g souness on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:20 pm

If games are just going to be going on forever and you want out to fight elsewhere.Can you surrender?If you can are there penalties and how do you surrender? :?
Cook g souness

Postby nyg5680 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm

well theres no surrende rbutton but u can deadbeat which will aoutomatically make u lose the game and you would lose points

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm

There is no surrender, but you can suicide all your armies so someone can kill you off. Or just miss 3 turns in a row and deadbeat out of it.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Surrender...

Postby Scarus on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:39 pm

I might be making all this up but it seems to me like in the beginning of CC you could surrender. I often have difficulty distinguishing fantasy from reality, but I seem to recall rampant abuses, and the surrender button was removed....
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby nyg5680 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:46 pm

no ur right

Re: Surrender...

Postby lilwdlnddude on Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:21 pm

Scarus wrote:I might be making all this up but it seems to me like in the beginning of CC you could surrender. I often have difficulty distinguishing fantasy from reality, but I seem to recall rampant abuses, and the surrender button was removed....

yeah this is correct. I actually used it once... :oops: but people would just abuse it all the time, therefore removing the button.
Where's Waldo?!
Captain lilwdlnddude

Surrender Option

Postby owheelj on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:11 am

So right now I'm in the middle of a triples game. Both my team mates were inactive since the start of the game and after missing three turns were kicked out. By this stage I was in such a position that the game was clearly unwinnable. It now appears that at least one of my opponents is also inactive. Now while there is in all likelyhood 2 more active players to beat me, I have given up and last turn attacked everything until I only had 1 army on each territory (which didn't take long). It would be great if instead of having to wait probably 3 more day (at least) for the game to finish, if I could just surrender - they would win and everybody would be happy. The game has been going on since the 9th - largely due to having to wait 7 days while waiting for inactive players plus the time taken for the active players to play.
Sergeant owheelj

Postby superkarn on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:33 am

Would be a cool option to have. Then i can tell my opponents "go ahead, you know you wanna press that button" 8)
Major superkarn

Postby Herakilla on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:35 am

one word

multi
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby ZawBanjito on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:37 am

There was originally a surrender button. It was used by a lot of players to bug out when it wasn't going so well, thus denying other players their cards. Since this futz up a lot of games it was gotten rid of.

It was really more trouble than it was worth, although we all sometimes miss it...
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby owheelj on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:23 am

hmm yes that's a good point. Perhaps the cards could go to the neutral army(s) - so that destroying them would still get you your cards?

I was also thinking that in a couple of weeks I'll be going away for a few days and probably won't be able to (or want to) check my games. No doubt I'll try and make sure there aren't any games going on at the time but if one takes as long as the current one I'll feel about rude being inactive for a while - slowing the game down.
Sergeant owheelj

Postby losrivas on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:15 am

I'm totally in favor of a new surrender button. I :evil: hate :evil: when my teammates deadbeat. I hate it so bad that sometimes I wish I could surrender just so I didn't have to keep waiting. I think the suggestion about giving the cards to a neutral army is good. Yes, a multi could abuse a surrender button, but that's why we have the reporting threads right? Are there any other reasons not to have a surrender button other than the cards problem and the multi problem?
http://losrivas21.blogspot.com

"Sometimes you have to roll the hard six." - Commander Adama, Battlestar Galactica
Lieutenant losrivas

Postby Ishiro on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:37 am

You'd have people surrendering games just because they don't like their starting position. And to avoid losing points in terminator games.

There is no surrender in war unless you surrender TO someone, basically giving everything you have to them. And that seriously wouldn't work because being able to gift someone with your land and cards would make things even worse.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:03 pm

There is less than a .0000001% chance of the surrender button coming back. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions