Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Speed games

Postby babagonosh on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:39 am

How can it be abused?

example please
Captain babagonosh

Postby blakebowling on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:51 am

babagonosh wrote:How can it be abused?

example please

people with multiple accounts, or point dumpers, can easily give points from one account to another.
Private blakebowling

Postby mr. white123 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:59 am

I don't want to interupt the conversation but I want to support Babagonosh in this. When so many people ask for it, why not implentate it? How could people abuse it when being absent is the same as giving up, abuse could be noticed in the same way as they use multiply accountants and give points from one account to another, it's the same. The moderators should have a script where they can see how many times accountants give up in combination with another account.
Sergeant 1st Class mr. white123

Postby blakebowling on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:09 am

mr. white123 wrote:I don't want to interupt the conversation but I want to support Babagonosh in this. When so many people ask for it, why not implentate it? How could people abuse it when being absent is the same as giving up, abuse could be noticed in the same way as they use multiply accountants and give points from one account to another, it's the same. The moderators should have a script where they can see how many times accountants give up in combination with another account.

it was implemented, and it was removed, due to abuse
Private blakebowling

Postby mr. white123 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:16 am

There is abuse in the whole game so why don't u remove the whole game?
Sergeant 1st Class mr. white123

Postby 40kguy on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:10 pm

blakebowling wrote:
mr. white123 wrote:I don't want to interupt the conversation but I want to support Babagonosh in this. When so many people ask for it, why not implentate it? How could people abuse it when being absent is the same as giving up, abuse could be noticed in the same way as they use multiply accountants and give points from one account to another, it's the same. The moderators should have a script where they can see how many times accountants give up in combination with another account.

it was implemented, and it was removed, due to abuse

Mr.whight has a point. if people wanted to point dump they just create a bunch of speed games then dont play. its the same as giving up.
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Re: Surrender Button

Postby Dysthymia on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 am

What is the reason for rejecting this? If the person accepts the loss for surrendering, of course.
Sergeant Dysthymia

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:19 am

Dysthymia wrote:What is the reason for rejecting this? If the person accepts the loss for surrendering, of course.

point dumping
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:43 am

abuse
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

introduce RESIGN option in two-player games

Postby nemezis on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Concise description:
  • It should be good, in my opinion, that there is an option in two-player games that could make resigning possible. It happens sometimes that it is apparent that the game is lost for one player even few rounds or more before the end. Playing it without possibility of resigning is a bore for both players. I appreciate the battle heart and faith in tactics and luck, but sometimes you can plainly see that noting can bee done. Good commanders know when battle is lost.

Specifics/Details:
  • resign option should be introduced only in two-player games in order not to affect other players in their strategies. If the player submit resign note, the game is ended, he lose and the opponent wins. (maybe it can be even marked in the past games with some sign that the game is lost/won by resignation, but it's not necessary.)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • I think that this option will speed up some games and avoid long and boring endings
Captain nemezis

Re: introduce RESIGN option in two-player games

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:35 pm

What is to stop someone from resigning without even taking a turn?
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:50 pm

make the option only avilable after X rounds have been compleated or somethign
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 pm

This has been rejected OVERANDOVERANDOVER again. There will never be a forfeit/resign button here, sorry, chap.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

We should have a concede button.

Postby Frogmanx82 on Mon May 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Concise description:
  • There should be a concede button that would allow you to surrender your armies.

Specifics/Details:
  • Instead of just missing your turns or having a game drag on you should have a surrender option. A simple concede armies button would be nice.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It would keep games from dragging on at the end when the end is obvious or if someone just doesn't want to play, they could surrender instead of hanging up the game for 24 hours 3 times.
Major Frogmanx82

Re: We should have a concede button.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 pm

No, this has been suggested many times and has been rejected each and everytime. This site used to have one, and it was abused too easily. Made it easier to rank up with a multi, makes it easier to point dump, and makes games unenjoyable.

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby Frogmanx82 on Mon May 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Oh that's right, I forgot we're dealing with people. It didn't come up on the search, but I was sure this must have been suggested before.
Major Frogmanx82

Postby ender516 on Tue May 24, 2011 8:13 am

I don't know how you missed it in the search. I just did an Advanced Search for "concede" in Suggestions and all its subforums and it was right there on the first page of results.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Frogmanx82 on Tue May 24, 2011 10:23 pm

I must not have specified the suggestions forum.
Major Frogmanx82

"Quit Game" and "Skip Turn" options

Postby rogower on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Consider adding a "Quit Game" and a "Skip Turn" option. I know that we do not want to encourage folks to quit games. However, it's inevitable, people do it, and the ones who suffer the most are the ones who have to sit there and wait for the five minutes (in speed games) or the 24 hours (in regular games) to expire.

In order to encourage quitters to actually hit "Quit Game" rather than to simply drop out and force the remaining players to wait until time has expired on the quitter, the quitter would lose x number of points if s/he exercises the "Quit Game" option and y number of points if s/he quits without exercising the "Quit Game" option. x < y; therefore, the quitter loses points, either way, but loses fewer points by doing the remaining players a favor by clicking on "Quit Game."

Also: One would not be allowed to click on "Quit Game" until a certain amount of time has passed. This would prevent folks from quitting out of frustration and would give them some time to cool off.

As for the "Skip Turn" option: Some players seem to think it's good strategy to skip a turn in certain situations. It's irritating to sit there and wait for the time to elapse when the player has no intention of actually making a play that round.

Just a couple of ideas to make games go more efficiently.
Sergeant 1st Class rogower

Re: "Quit Game" and "Skip Turn" options

Postby tennischamp5 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:16 pm

So what would prevent me from joining 8 player terminator games, killing off two guys, and then hitting 'quit' every time so I lose less points and end up with a net gain?
Captain tennischamp5

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:38 pm

rogower wrote:Consider adding a "Quit Game" and a "Skip Turn" option. I know that we do not want to encourage folks to quit games. However, it's inevitable, people do it, and the ones who suffer the most are the ones who have to sit there and wait for the five minutes (in speed games) or the 24 hours (in regular games) to expire.

In order to encourage quitters to actually hit "Quit Game" rather than to simply drop out and force the remaining players to wait until time has expired on the quitter, the quitter would lose x number of points if s/he exercises the "Quit Game" option and y number of points if s/he quits without exercising the "Quit Game" option. x < y; therefore, the quitter loses points, either way, but loses fewer points by doing the remaining players a favor by clicking on "Quit Game."

Also: One would not be allowed to click on "Quit Game" until a certain amount of time has passed. This would prevent folks from quitting out of frustration and would give them some time to cool off.

As for the "Skip Turn" option: Some players seem to think it's good strategy to skip a turn in certain situations. It's irritating to sit there and wait for the time to elapse when the player has no intention of actually making a play that round.

Just a couple of ideas to make games go more efficiently.

First off, surrender/forfeit/quit button was here, and is gone forever. It won't be coming back. The webmaster has made this very clear.

And actually, people "skip" turns very rarely. When people DO miss a turn, it is because they actually didn't have time to take the turn.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:First off, surrender/forfeit/quit button was here, and is gone forever. It won't be coming back. The webmaster has made this very clear.

Is there a thread or post for this? I'd like to argue for the 'Surrender' button. I've goofed the start of a game, and so I'm helping one player to win, cause its the fastest way to get out of the game.

PS I'm not playing for points, I'm just playing for fun.
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 pm

vannus wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:First off, surrender/forfeit/quit button was here, and is gone forever. It won't be coming back. The webmaster has made this very clear.

Is there a thread or post for this? I'd like to argue for the 'Surrender' button. I've goofed the start of a game, and so I'm helping one player to win, cause its the fastest way to get out of the game.

PS I'm not playing for points, I'm just playing for fun.

There is a page in Rejected with over a 1000 posts in it. The button was abused way too much.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Found it!
viewtopic.php?f=471&t=67152&hilit=quit+game

I shall now go read it - 1342 posts :S
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 pm

ok. the 'surrender works the same as missed turns (but without having to wait 24hours)' suggestion has already been dismissed.

shame, its a simple solution that doesn't skew points or take much programming.

I guess we'll just have to put up with deadbeats at CC :(
Private 1st Class vannus

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions