Conquer Club

[GL] Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:45 am

I have to go to bed now, but someone actually was working on this. It's either in this forum of the Plug-Ins one. It was something about Handy Game History (search on those three terms). You should find it.

-- Aerial Attack
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby ErwinVonRommel on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:51 am

I love this idea, see how other players would launch an attack and such.
Cook ErwinVonRommel

Postby tacomarocks on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:20 am

Aerial Attack wrote:I have to go to bed now, but someone actually was working on this. It's either in this forum of the Plug-Ins one. It was something about Handy Game History (search on those three terms). You should find it.

-- Aerial Attack

thanks a lot for your help. i found it in the plug in forum under handy game history like you said and downloaded it. it is pretty cool. thanks again
Private 1st Class tacomarocks

Instant replay of finished game

Postby Tank1501 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:57 pm

I didn't see this anywhere on the list, but it would be really neat if after a game was over you could hit a button and see kind of an "instant replay" of the whole game. It would show the opening map, then cycle through and show the changes in armies & countries for each person's turn (maybe 5 seconds per turn, or allow user to choose 5, 10, 20 seconds). I think this would be a helpful strategy tool that would allow users to see what kind of strategy others are using to take over boards.

What do you think?
Lieutenant Tank1501

Postby Danix on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:16 am

Look´s like a good idea

8/10
Cook Danix

Postby amazzony on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:51 am

I think that it would be really cool but I'm afraid that it's too much work for Lack, this option isn't that important and it would take a lot of resources (though I don't know, I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff).
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:10 am

This has previously been suggested and rejected.
Please thoroughly read the following threads and perform a forum search before making suggestions:
Suggestions Box (Lack's 'To-Do' List)
Suggestion & Bug Report Forms
Captain spiesr

Replay and to see those that attack but dont win

Postby markme on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:29 pm

I would think that it would be cool if you could rewind the game to see what has happened, when you play alot of games you can forget what has happened.
I think it would be cool to see who attacked but didnt win. If someone is attacking me but didnt take my territory i would want to know who did it
Colonel markme

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:24 pm

Game Log 2.0 will have an expandable feature that will state "Player A attacked Territory X but did not conquer." or something similar to that.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

suggestion: enable a "re-animation" of a completed

Postby psilotum on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:28 am

* Suggestion Idea: After a Fog Of War game is completed, allow players to view an animation, which replays the game, so one can visually experience what happened under the fog.
* Specifics: Enable a button or option to replay a game after it finishes. It might be beneficial to have different speed options, or different detail options. For example, you might show every army won or lost (if this is possible) or you might only show each country conquered. The viewer can see how the game progressed.
* Why it is needed: Currently, you can reconstruct the game from reading the game log. However, this is tedious. Watching a game in replay mode would be more enjoyable and more intuitive.

If this has already been suggested, consider this my vote to add this feature!

Thanks,
psilotum
Major psilotum

Postby lancehoch on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:47 am

this could be beneficial even in games without fog. if there is a secret alliance or a multi that is not defending a boarder, this can be spotted after the game is completed and not just as the action is occurring.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Herakilla on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:52 am

wou would only see ownership, it doesnt record the army numbers
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby InkL0sed on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:37 am

Maybe this will be in Game Log 2.0?
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Coleman on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:47 am

Yeah, I think this was a lot of the motivation of Game Log 2.0 as the current game log doesn't allow for this since there is no indication of where everyone started.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Easier post-game review

Postby vonForster on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:25 am

I just got this idea, but I'm not sure how practical it would be to implement. After a game has been completed, people can go back and see how the map started at the beginning of the game, and maybe between each individual turn. It would make it MUCH easier than reading the log, and kinda show how the luck played into the game, if it applies.
Private 1st Class vonForster

Postby BaldAdonis on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:21 am

You can get a script in add-ons to show you who owned what at any stage in the game, but the log doesn't keep track of how many armies were at each place, so you can't get an exact replay of any game that has finished until a different logging system is in place.
Captain BaldAdonis

Play by Play?

Postby YuenglingLager on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Just a suggestion to the administrators: Is there some sort of a mod that you could install that would allow a player to watch how a finished game was played, play by play? Such as clicking on the game log at a specific point and seeing in the map how each turn unfolded or developed. In the current version, a player must look at the game log and imagine what the map looked like for each individual play. :-k

Maybe a bad example, but if you go to yahoo chess, you can back the game up and see how each turn developed... this is kind of what I mean.
Corporal 1st Class YuenglingLager

Postby hecter on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:04 pm

In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby YuenglingLager on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:30 am

nothing can be down in the programming at CC so that there will be no need for an individual download?
Corporal 1st Class YuenglingLager

Re: Play by Play?

Postby FiveCardArmy on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 pm

YuenglingLager wrote:Just a suggestion to the administrators: Is there some sort of a mod that you could install that would allow a player to watch how a finished game was played, play by play? Such as clicking on the game log at a specific point and seeing in the map how each turn unfolded or developed. In the current version, a player must look at the game log and imagine what the map looked like for each individual play. :-k

Maybe a bad example, but if you go to yahoo chess, you can back the game up and see how each turn developed... this is kind of what I mean.

Wow, this is an excellent idea. especially when the game log doesnt have things like if you attacked a country but didnt conquer it (you just decreased the armies in an opps country). i thought about have this so even if you are in the game you can press a back button and visually see the play by play, the drop attack, movement etc. What a great idea.
Sergeant FiveCardArmy

Postby john1099 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:10 am

The server lags already- do you really want it to not work at all?

-John
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Animated Autoplay/Replay of Game after it is over

Postby TyLord IV on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:14 am

This might be a silly idea and impossible to do, but it would be cool to see it in action.

After a game is done, go to your finished games, pick a game you are interested in, then click a button to watch the game from beginning to end in autoplay. Some how use the information in the game log and recreate the game.

This way you can learn what you did wrong or what someone else did right. Turn off the fog of war and see what was happening behind the scenes.

There wouldn't be any animation. Just color changes on the map showing deployments and attacks and fortifications in a time line progression. This would be a neat way to learn strategy.

If you have the BOB plug in, you could see troop sizes change before your eyes on the map.

Did that makes sense?
Private TyLord IV

Re: Animated Autoplay/Replay of Game after it is over

Postby cena-rules on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 am

This is on lack to-do list
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby yeti_c on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:55 am

No it's not...

Something that should enable it - is on his todo list.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Herakilla on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:12 pm

yeti_c wrote:No it's not...

Something that should enable it - is on his todo list.

C.

ya lol, less pressure on his server and more on yeti's xml skillz
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions