Conquer Club

[GL] Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Number of men in game log after fog of war is lifted

Postby blockhead15 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:32 am

When I click reload game, I want to know how many armies were on the territs - that's all
Major blockhead15

Postby blakebowling on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:14 pm

The number of armies on each territory changes each turn (at least on some territories it does)

You may, however, be interested in Game Replay
Private blakebowling

Postby cicero on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:30 am

blockhead15 wrote:When I click reload game, I want to know how many armies were on the territs - that's all
Just trying to clarify blockhead, you want to know how many armies were on the territs when?

And regarding this "Reload The Game" link (which blakebowling introduced to the discussion) ... where is it? I've visited games - both active and finished and can't see such a link. I guess I'm missing something?
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby yeti_c on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:54 am

cicero wrote:
blockhead15 wrote:When I click reload game, I want to know how many armies were on the territs - that's all
Just trying to clarify blockhead, you want to know how many armies were on the territs when?

And regarding this "Reload The Game" link (which blakebowling introduced to the discussion) ... where is it? I've visited games - both active and finished and can't see such a link. I guess I'm missing something?

You get this link immediately after the game has finished - it refreshes the log to show you all the attacks that happened...

Once you leave that game - you won't ever get the ?'d logs again.

C>
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby blockhead15 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:58 am

thanks blake - that looks like exactly what i asked for
Major blockhead15

Re: replay after game has ended

Postby bigreuben on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:42 am

I think it's most important for the games that had fog on, after the game is over and the fog is on the log it's still a long way to fully understand what went on and how... this especially hard on leaving a rating because you don't know if the player played smart or stupid...
Captain bigreuben

Flash Animated Game replays.

Postby Sun Zeus on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:09 pm

I think it would be neat to see our games replayed in flash animation turn by turn. They would be like movies where you could see the colored pieces expand and contract across the maps. It would help players to get what is going on during games. This could be included as a member benefit. :idea: :?:
Private Sun Zeus

Re: Flash Animated Game replays.

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Sun Zeus wrote:I think it would be neat to see our games replayed in flash animation turn by turn. They would be like movies where you could see the colored pieces expand and contract across the maps. It would help players to get what is going on during games. This could be included as a member benefit. :idea: :?:

It's be easy enough to make an add-on that does that...

I don't know that this should be a member benefit because it would give Premiums a huge benefit over Freemiums in foggy games (unless you could only watch the replay when the game has finished)...

It's a nice idea; maybe it should go in Suggs and Bugs ?
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby gimil on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Definetly not the right forum. Moving to suggs & bugs.

[moved]
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby cspare on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Im pretty sure i've seen 2 scripts/plugins that did such thing. Can't remember where, but i'm sure there is a linke somewhere on the forum. It wasn't all that good though, because they only showed what player owned what territory at a given moment. The amount of troops cannot be displayed because the logs don't have that kind of information (yet).

edit: think it was this one. Seems like it's broken though.
Sergeant 1st Class cspare

Postby cicero on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Duplicate suggestion ...

... searching now for the last thread this was raised in ...

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Playback video for games

Postby cpurcell on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Concise description:
  • A playback video for each game.

Specifics:
  • Similar to the stat showing at the end of each game of Risk II, you could drag the slide bar, or hit a play button, and it would show you the entire game in a few seconds without FOW.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • It would enable players to view finished games as they happened without trying to decipher the game log.
  • You would be able to see how many troops players had throughout the game since with the game log, you can't tell.

I have absolutely no idea how to create anything on a computer, and I can't wrap my head around how you guys make such awesome plug ins and addons. I just think that this would be an awesome thing to have, but don't know how practical it is.
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Re: Playback video for games

Postby Jeff Hardy on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:55 pm

i like this idea very much and hope it isnt too hard to do
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby cpurcell on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Nobody else thinks that this would be a cool addition?
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby a.sub on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:36 pm

tho i cant program i do know how this could be done, it would require a more specific game log, so it would also have to say,
  • Failed attacks
  • Starting territories for everybody
  • How many troops were on each country before and after an attack for all attacks
then the progrm could work like this, it reads the logs then displays pictures on the map that you are playing on, so it could start by showing all the starting terrs. then highlighting the player who is playing on the side. then it could show a big arrow from the attaching terr to the defending terr. shows the start and end troop count. then it could show the fortifications as blue arrows from the starting country to the ending country, once again shows starting and ending troop count. repeat for all players, at the end of each round it could show just the map with the terrs as it would have been.

to do that u need a large RAM, possibly a local cookie. this way it could store
Terr Name, Owned by, Troop count
for all the terrs on a map. then all it would have to do is modify it after is reads a protion of a log
Stored in RAM "Argolis, Player1, 3"
log shows "Player2 assaulted Argolis from Kyklades and failed conquered to from PLayer1 (6v3 --> 3v1)"
Stored in "RAM Argolis, player1, 1"
log shows "Player2 assaulted Argolis from Kyklades and conquered it from Player1 (3v1 --> 1v1)" Note that it shows the attacking country, though won the battle, only had 1 remaining so the RAM/cookie can update
Stored in RAM "Argolis, player2, 1"
Cadet a.sub

Postby cpurcell on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:39 am

a.sub wrote:tho i cant program i do know how this could be done, it would require a more specific game log, so it would also have to say,
  • Failed attacks
  • Starting territories for everybody
  • How many troops were on each country before and after an attack for all attacks
then the progrm could work like this, it reads the logs then displays pictures on the map that you are playing on, so it could start by showing all the starting terrs. then highlighting the player who is playing on the side. then it could show a big arrow from the attaching terr to the defending terr. shows the start and end troop count. then it could show the fortifications as blue arrows from the starting country to the ending country, once again shows starting and ending troop count. repeat for all players, at the end of each round it could show just the map with the terrs as it would have been.

to do that u need a large RAM, possibly a local cookie. this way it could store
Terr Name, Owned by, Troop count
for all the terrs on a map. then all it would have to do is modify it after is reads a protion of a log
Stored in RAM "Argolis, Player1, 3"
log shows "Player2 assaulted Argolis from Kyklades and failed conquered to from PLayer1 (6v3 --> 3v1)"
Stored in "RAM Argolis, player1, 1"
log shows "Player2 assaulted Argolis from Kyklades and conquered it from Player1 (3v1 --> 1v1)" Note that it shows the attacking country, though won the battle, only had 1 remaining so the RAM/cookie can update
Stored in RAM "Argolis, player2, 1"

I have absolutely no idea what you just said :lol:, but hopefully a programmer out there does :)
---C
Major cpurcell

History of the game

Postby _smile_ on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:33 pm

after each game create a game history file(with information like in "game log"), and have a place online (or downloadable "history player") with which you could see what happened on the map(graphical map, not text) during the game turn by turn, or round by round from the beginning.

this may be done by other ways too, just this is how i can imagine: downloadable "replay_player.exe" or online site where you could upload "history file" (or just copy-paste "game log", though there must be starting positions ), or maybe after each game, game window might change and you could "go back to the past" in the same window.

or even better: availability to do this during the game (while it is not ended).

and maybe even dice history of every attack

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • after 200 rounds game (especially when you win :) ), you really want to remember how everything has happened, and its hard to do it reading game log
  • if there was option "fog of war" this would be even more useful.
  • possibility to see other players games like: very good players games and learn something etc...
  • like in Starcraft:))) (or other RTS game replays), there could be libraries of interesting games, or elections of amazing unpredicted victories etc.. but I went too far...
  • This would be really cool!!!

I am sorry if this discussion has already been started before(it would be strange if nobody had not suggested this idea before), but I havent spotted this

it should not be hard to write a code of these options and so on.
and if you decide to do it, dont do it only for premium members because i would be very angry :D:D:D:D

thx
Sergeant 1st Class _smile_

Re: History of the game

Postby blakebowling on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Some of this was suggested in Game Log 2.0 and some of it was suggested in [Merged] Replay Option
I think that the in game replay would be useful as well.
Private blakebowling

Postby _smile_ on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:59 pm

i have just realised that there exist a "to-do" list, and i found there "game log 2.0" project waitin, though some of my suggestions may still be usefull:)

sorry again:)
Sergeant 1st Class _smile_

re: [Merged] Replay Option

Postby cicero on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Duplicate threads merged:

[Merged] Replay Option - 9 posts from 23 to 24 January 2007 - first post here
Flash game replay - 5 posts from 20 to 21 March 2007 - first post here
Instant replay for CC nerds - 7 posts from 15 to 20 June 2007 - first post here
Game Replay - 5 posts on 2 July 2007 - first post here
Animated Autoplay/Replay of Game after it is over - 6 posts from 22 to 23 April 2008 - first post here
Log 2.0 and Replays - 21 posts from 14 to 21 June 2008 - first post here

With thanks to blakebowling for his assistance.

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Re: Replay / Review Games

Postby cicero on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:41 pm

This suggestion duplicates the one already being discussed in the Game Replay thread. Please continue discussion there.

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Postby cicero on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi _smile_ :)

No need to apologise. This duplicate thread now locked.
Any further conversation in the threads linked to by blakebowling.

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:32 am

This could be cool as hell, but just from a coding stance, I am sure it is a pain in ass.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Genghis Khant on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 am

Someone's already done something similar, although it doesn't work at the moment since the last site/game update.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=26999
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Postby a.sub on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:58 pm

any chance of an update?
Cadet a.sub

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions