Conquer Club

[GO] Unrated, Unranked, or No Points Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: no point games

Postby john1099 on Thu May 10, 2007 6:42 am

ffgamer9 wrote:Suggestion Idea: an option to make a game where no points are exchanged

Specifics: no points would be exchanged, no points lost or won

Why it is needed: i think it would be fun to have, like if you have a friend who you know would just slaughter you and you just want to play for fun. also good for new recruits who don't have a clue. and for games where you're just messing around an build up as many armies as possible with someone (http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=391172 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Priority** (1-5): 4

This has to be the stupidest idea ever.

First off, they're points, who cares!
Secondly, Priority 4? hahaha you're funny
And Thirdly, If you really wanted to play with no points, then you could always not play.. that way no points would be exchanged ;)
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby moz976 on Thu May 10, 2007 7:18 am

Already suggested and rejected. Check the To-Do list under the topic Unranked Games.

Locked up
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Games with friends on the same computer but no score for win

Postby grudon on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:57 pm

Right, if you go over to a friends and want to play them at CC you have to play a match for score, which could end up with your account bant for farming points with multiples. So i thought it would be a good idea if you could set up games, which you could use the same computer but these games have no point to win, maybe To lose. It could be like Practice or something, and you could play with your friends on the same computer, maybe aslo for same i.p something which will only allow that I.p to enter those games so people don't use dual accounts to win or something.. it's only an idea :D
Cadet grudon

Re: Games with friends on the same computer but no score for

Postby lamoon on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:57 pm

grudon wrote:Right, if you go over to a friends and want to play them at CC you have to play a match for score, which could end up with your account bant for farming points with multiples. So i thought it would be a good idea if you could set up games, which you could use the same computer but these games have no point to win, maybe To lose. It could be like Practice or something, and you could play with your friends on the same computer, maybe aslo for same i.p something which will only allow that I.p to enter those games so people don't use dual accounts to win or something.. it's only an idea :D

excellent idea
Lieutenant lamoon

i like it

Postby Hiiiaiiei on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:20 pm

this sounds good to have for fun games for borderline ranking situations. Either u have recently received an uprank and dont want to lose it or almost a rank up and dont want to lose ground.
Major Hiiiaiiei

gfn

Postby michiganfan22 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:57 pm

great idea. it would be fun without being accused or watever. and if u and ur friend want to play and have it worth something they can just bet, points dont have to be part of it, excellent idea
Lieutenant michiganfan22

Postby Spritzking on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:44 pm

check the to-do list plz
Major Spritzking

Rated or unrated games

Postby mathgeni on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:12 am

on a lot of internet game sites such as pogo there is the option to make games unrated

i think this would be a great option on CC so that players who just want to play for the enjoyment can play and those who care about score/rank can play in rated games

then the more serious players don't get into games with people who don't care so much if the actually take turns etc... and the level of competition for them can remain high

also... having unrated games would be a great way to let noobs find a working strategy before their score tanks and they no longer want to play because they feel it would be hopeless getting their score back up

one other reason for unrated games would be so friends can just have some friendly games for fun without putting their score on the line

- just a thought that i think could imporve the site and the experience for a lot of people
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Lieutenant mathgeni

Postby misterman10 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 am

use the official form:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2202

but i think thats a pretty good idea
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:56 am

I believe this idea has been rejected before, although I am not opposed to it myself.

However for the moment, if you do not care about score then no-one is forcing you to keep it up. In a sense the more serious people already segregate themselves by playing private games with each other.

I suppose the friendly game with friends is harder, but I do find it more enjoyable playing with friends when there are points on the line myself, although I recognise that not all feel the same.

The way the points system is structured means that it should be easy for a new player who has fallen to cook and just figured out how to play to rise up to 1000 points and beyond quite quickly, since they are getting more points for a win than a 1000 point player.

Again, I dont mind the idea, but some of the reasons can already be worked around in the current system. :)
Highest score: 562
Highest place: 16590
Highest rank: Private
Brigadier Genghis Khan CA

Postby Pain Killer on Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:36 am

if you want to play for fun just play don't worry about points :wink:
Lieutenant Pain Killer

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 am

I like the idea

Then i could play against my friends that are cooks and not worry about losing 40+ points every time they team up on me :wink:
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

"Fun Game" Option

Postby Burning Star IV on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:06 pm

Suggestion: A pre-game option to make a game a "Fun game."

Specifics: An option when making a game to have a game where no points are gained or lost, and the game no longer counts against your record, win percentage, or rank.

Why is it needed?: Because! I have a friend who missed 38 games because of a vacation, so he dropped from 1st Class Sgt. to a Cook! So now, he has the skill of a 1st Class Sgt., but the points of a Cook. So when I play him, he has an advantage in points.
A mall? We're infiltrating a mall?! Who the f*ck defends a MALL?!
Cook Burning Star IV

Postby AK_iceman on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Aren't all games fun games?

Btw, this has been suggested several times already, check out the to-do list in the sticky at the top of this forum.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Suggestion: No points game option for private games

Postby JeF on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 pm

I think there should be an option when you are creating a private game for no points to be gained/lost when the game is finished.

I recently recruited several friends to CC and to start with, they usually want to play together in private games that I start. The problem is that it is destroying my ranking to play with them because they are all new and I have a higher rank then them. This option would be great anytime you are introducing people to CC or if you just want to play a friendly game.

I think this option could be abused in public games so that is why I have suggested it for private games only.
Lieutenant JeF

Postby misterman10 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:43 pm

It's been suggested before and rejected every time. Basically, this will never pass, so WIN your games :D
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby maniacmath17 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:16 pm

Any reason as to why it's been rejected? I think it would work well for tournament games since it seems higher rated players may not join some tournaments due to the risk of losing too many points. It could also be a way for people to try out some new strategies that they aren't confident in using during a real game yet.
show: Top Secret

2006-10-25 21:16:00 - NUKE: wtf it says dminus got 2 troops for holding oceania what is that lol
Brigadier maniacmath17

Postby Xyl on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:31 pm

I like this idea, although I think I'd still play almost entirely rated games. Sometimes you just want a relaxed game where you don't have to worry about your rating. Sometimes you want to play a teaching game where you deliberately play badly to help a lower-ranked player learn, or a demonstration game where you explain your strategy.

Both the Free Internet Chess Server and the Internet Go Server have an option to play an unrated game. It doesn't seem to have wrecked those (and most of the games are still rated) so I don't see why it would be a bad idea here.
Major Xyl

Postby kwanton on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:40 pm

Meh the only abuse I can think of is high ranked players exclusively playing no-point games in order to keep their position on the scoreboard. A way around this is to maybe limit the amount of no point games per month.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Incandenza on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:41 pm

Unless it's a sticky issue with the software, I'm with maniac on this one. A no points option would open up the game for people with higher scores, if nothing else. Anyone that's over 2000 that for some reason might want to play an 800 at 1v1 is lying if they say that the thought of how many points they'd potentially lose never crosses their mind.

Plus, as said before, it would conceptually open up clan challenges.

And maybe I have a lack of imagination, but I fail to see how the no points option could be manipulated to a person's benefit, like the surrender button or the many freestyle loopholes.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby 3seven1 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:36 am

How about if it's a no point game, then it's not recorded if you win or lose. It would be a game "just for fun". No points, no win/lose. If thats the case should it be an available option for for public games too?
Corporal 1st Class 3seven1

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:06 pm

correct me if im wrong but isn't the option to bet point before a game on teh todo list? and if so you could just bet 0 points lol
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

I agree…

Postby Keredrex on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:55 pm

No Points Option Would Be Great... I also Went through that Tutorial situation with friends i invited and it raped my Score....It would have been great to allow this ,,, it would also give players a chance to TEACH/LEARN the boards and understand certain strategic positions Before Risking Your RANK....it would also allow certain TEAMS (as in me and my Bro) to play each other without Reducing our Own Ranks
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:40 pm

Fireside Poet told me theres something like this in progress...
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby Bad Speler on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:58 pm

Incandenza wrote:Unless it's a sticky issue with the software, I'm with maniac on this one. A no points option would open up the game for people with higher scores, if nothing else. Anyone that's over 2000 that for some reason might want to play an 800 at 1v1 is lying if they say that the thought of how many points they'd potentially lose never crosses their mind.

Not necessarily true. I reached 2000pts yesterday, and i started 6 open 2 player games. Sure I lost some points, but I'm convinced most people play here for the fun, not points. But I do agree that a no points option would benefit those that do care for the points.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions