Foundry poll - What do you think of the changes?

Old issues and old threads regarding various newsletter things.

Moderators: Media Team, Community Team, Global Moderators

Do you think that, in general, the changes are for the better?

Yes.
71%
No, it is worse.
13%
No, it is just different, not better or worse.
17%

Total votes : 24

Re: So what do you think of the changes?

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 am

cairnswk wrote:
yeti_c wrote:...can also put lipstick on a pig...

Now that's one i really like :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I originally wrote "polish a turd" - but decided to tweak it slightly!!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:20 am

yeti_c wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
yeti_c wrote:...can also put lipstick on a pig...

Now that's one i really like :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I originally wrote "polish a turd" - but decided to tweak it slightly!!!

C.

Mmmm. i wonder who that was aimed at...i wonder if it was me?
Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:46 am

Probably me... yeti has never commented on my maps so he probably doesn't like them...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:20 am

cairnswk wrote:Mmmm. i wonder who that was aimed at...i wonder if it was me?

Not aimed at anyone... - You know that I love a lot of your maps Cairns.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: Foundry poll - What do you think of the changes?

Postby ender516 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Since captainwalrus has edited the original post, I think the new question I have not answered is this:
captainwalrus wrote:Will [the changes] cause you to go into the foundry more?

I frankly don't see how that could be possible. :D
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:06 am

It is a very slow process and with the extra step added it seems even slower. This may be one reason that many do not go in there much, seems to take way too long and many may be impatient. I am not saying it is good or not good, what I am saying is it takes forever and some just give up, that is not good.
General Blitzaholic

Medals: 129
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (1)

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:15 pm

A lot of maps have been moved since the foundry reopened actually... And it's only been what, less than a month. If you compare it to the amount of maps that got moved in a month under the old system... The new system does seem somewhat faster.

And there actually is no "extra step". The total amount of forums to go through is the same:

Old system: Map ideas > drafting room > main foundry > final forge = 4 forums

New system: Melting pot > GP workshop > GFX workshop > final forge = 4 forums
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby porkenbeans on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:48 pm

natty_dread wrote:A lot of maps have been moved since the foundry reopened actually... And it's only been what, less than a month. If you compare it to the amount of maps that got moved in a month under the old system... The new system does seem somewhat faster.

And there actually is no "extra step". The total amount of forums to go through is the same:

Old system: Map ideas > drafting room > main foundry > final forge = 4 forums

New system: Melting pot > GP workshop > GFX workshop > final forge = 4 forums

The only difference besides the names of the sub forums is, you now need to go through GP first, and then on to GFX. Other than that, natty is right. There are still the same amount of steps.

Personally I have hit the pause button on all of my projects. Sooner or later I will dip my toes back in, and re-launch a project or two. ;)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:31 am

porkenbeans wrote:Personally I have hit the pause button on all of my projects.

To quote someone else - does that mean that changes have been a success?!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Return to Newsletter Archives