Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 27: 17-3-10] Happy2see a Competition!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 27: 17-3-10] Happy2see a Competition!

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:47 am

Welcome Comrades to the 27th edition of the Dispatch :)

First of all i'd like to apologise for the lateness of this issue, things have gotten rather hectic lately :) At least we are here now and have another great edition for you all to enjoy! :) We're recruiting for a new team, see the recruitment section for more details :) We also have a new Map competition happening, for more details and instructions on how you can participate see the Foundry section :)

We hope you enjoy this weeks issue!

samuelc812 - Editor in Chief

If you would like to apply to join one of the teams below please fill out this simple form, and send it via PM to samuelc812. However, keep in mind that applications will be individually assessed. If you are not chosen to join the team now it does not mean you won't be in the future.

==========================================================
Username:

Position/Team you are interested in joining: (Newsletter Editor, Tournaments, Foundry, Clans & Freestyle)

Any Additional Comments: (one or two lines in length describing why you think you are a good candidate)
==========================================================

Newsletter Editor Team
Team Leader - samuelc812
Description - The Editor in Chief is looking for 1-3 people to help him put together the newsletter from issue to issue. The editors team would be responsible for putting together the newsletter. It's not that hard all the articles are ready all you need to do is construct a post with the articles in order. There is even a template for you to use to make it even easier. You will be trained up to be able to publish the newsletter as a team over time.

Tournament Team
Team Leader - Night Strike
Description - The Tournament Team will consist of 4-5 members who will all work as a team to put together the Tournament News for each issue. For example one reporter may do Currently Taking Sign-ups, another may do some sort of Hall of Fame section (these are just a few examples). The Team Leader will discuss with the rest of the team about what type of things they would like to include in their article. When the time comes, the Leader will consolidate the teams' contributions into the Tournament Article for that issue.

Foundry Team
Team Leader - thenobodies80
Description - The Foundry Team will consist of 4-5 members who will all work as a team to put together the Foundry News for each issue. For example one reporter may do Maps in Development, another may do some sort of Map Spotlight section (these are just a few examples). The Team Leader will discuss with the rest of the team about what type of things they would like to include in their article. When the time comes, the Leader will consolidate the teams' contributions into the Foundry Article for that issue.

Clan Team
Team Leader - jpcloet
Description - The Clan Team will consist of 4-5 members who will all work as a team to put together the Clan News for each issue. For example one reporter may report on the Clan League, another may do some sort of Clan War Spotlight section (these are just a few examples). The Team Leader will discuss with the rest of the team about what type of things they would like to include in their article. When the time comes, the Leader will consolidate the teams' contributions into the Clan Article for that issue.

Freestyle Team
Team Leader - nagerous
Description - The Freestyle Team will consist of more members than the other teams who will all work as a team to put together different little tidbits for the newsletter. For instance the interviews would fall under this category, as well as things like highlighting some Plug-Ins & Addons, Suggestions, Hot-Topics, General News as well as writing a perspective article like "A Newt's Tale" (these are just a few examples). This team will have unlimited possibilities to work with, and i'm sure this team will do great things. The Team Leader will discuss with the rest of the team about what type of things they would like to include in their article. When the time comes, the Leader will gather the teams' contibutions for that issue.

Cheers to many happy issues of the new ConquerClub Dispatch :)

~samuelc812 and the News Team

Hey guys

Heres to another exciting of the mess hall! This edition we have an interrogation of happy2seeyou, an article on dice from natty_dread and hot topics from ARMY of GOD. If this isn't enough, we also have FoxMists and her views on Conquer Club on Twitter! ARMY of GOD and natty_dread have also supplied us with a cartoon for this edition, about one of the off-topics more obscure threads. Hope you enjoy it!

Nagerous

Hot Topics by Army of GOD
show

Risking a game via Twitterverse! by FoxMists
show

The secret of dice by natty_dread
show

Interrogation of happy2seeyou
show

Welcome to the newest tournament article. This issue includes a story about reserves by vodean, a list of recruiting tournaments by superkeener, and a look at a trio of sports organizers by amazzony. She's also provided a teaser for the next issue: "If you want to know what's favorite tournament of flexmaster33 then read issue 28"

~Night Strike
Tournament Editor

The Unglamorous Reserves by vodean
show

Sports Organizers by amazzony
show

Currently Taking Signups by superkeener
show

Hello Conquerors!
A quiet fortnight for the foundry, so we go with a short edition this time, but with something new.
Indeed with this issue we start taking sign-ups for a map puzzle competitions, further details below. ;)
Moreover, as always, the news section with the latest news from the foundry and the map in development section to keep you updated about the forthcoming maps.
Enjoy it!

Foundry News
show

Puzzle Maps [Competition]
show

Maps in Development
show

THOTA Wins! by Georgerx7di (TSM)
show

Conqueror's Cup Qualifiers by laughingcavalier (AoD)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of MeDeFe. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with MeDeFe

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to samuelc812 or nagerous. If the CC Dispatch Team enjoy it than you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscibe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Captain samuelc812

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 27: 17-3-10] Happy2see a Competition!

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks Sam - nice to see the new issue
Major laughingcavalier

Postby happy2seeyou on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 am

Mwuahaha I am brilliant 8-)
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby Robinette on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 am

happy2seeyou wrote:Mwuahaha I am brilliant 8-)

and sexy too... :!:
Brigadier Robinette

Postby vodean on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 am

Robinette wrote:

and very very sexy too... :D :!: :D
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby trapyoung on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:32 am

What's a BPB?
Colonel trapyoung

Postby #1_stunna on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 am

trapyoung wrote:

What's a BPB?

This answer is coming from WAY right field, maybe the sexiest clan ever.

Not sure, I just took a gander.
12:17:31 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ā€¹rhp 1ā€ŗ holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ Right hand or left Ace?
Major #1_stunna

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:29 am

Nice job, H2. I would have expected nothing less from you though.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby bedub1 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:16 pm

I thought it was a Happy2SeeYou Interview....not an interview about some stupid clan....

I had expected sooo much more...sigh
Colonel bedub1

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:12 pm

sexiest clan ever :lol: -she miss to write these in 2 or 3 question
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Robinette wrote:

you both need to find a room and have owen cam cord it, and brett direct it.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Incandenza on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:10 pm

That's pretty damn funny... even funnier since the sexiest clan ever is what, happy's fourth or fifth clan? She'll get with any clan that alluringly bats its eyes at her. :lol:

And having said this, I await with bated breath for her to post my embarrassing challenge avatar.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
Robinette wrote:

Awesome. I would totally direct it. But everytime I had Happy spank Robinette's ass, I would have to pause while Robinette found an appropriate piece of clip art to express the pain!
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Robinette on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:22 am

jbrettlip wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:
Robinette wrote:

Awesome. I would totally direct it. But everytime I had Happy spank Robinette's ass, I would have to pause while Robinette found an appropriate piece of clip art to express the pain!

Brigadier Robinette

Postby happy2seeyou on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:07 am

Incandenza wrote:That's pretty damn funny... even funnier since the sexiest clan ever is what, happy's fourth or fifth clan? She'll get with any clan that alluringly bats its eyes at her. :lol:

And having said this, I await with bated breath for her to post my embarrassing challenge avatar.

BpB is my 3rd if you count the PW that never lasted very long. Either way, both previous clan I was in ended. I didn't quit and go clan hopping.

I have also used
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby wacicha on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:44 am

happy2seeyou wrote:
Incandenza wrote:That's pretty damn funny... even funnier since the sexiest clan ever is what, happy's fourth or fifth clan? She'll get with any clan that alluringly bats its eyes at her. :lol:

BpB is my 3rd if you count the PW that never lasted very long. Either way, both previous clan I was in ended. I didn't quit and go clan hopping.

I have also used
I was in her previous clan with her and it did end. Happy is one of the great ladies of CC. The interview was not her best work. Someday you need to just converse with her.She is simply amazing.
Major wacicha

Postby InsomniaRed on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:11 am

Hmm. Seriously...the interview for this issue got old fast, and it was very annoying. It wasn't funny. Disappointing. Screen your interviewees better next time!!! Thanks CC Dispatch, the rest of the Issue was great as usual!!!!
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby Robinette on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 am

InsomniaRed wrote:Hmm. Seriously...the interview for this issue got old fast, and it was very annoying. It wasn't funny. Disappointing. Screen your interviewees better next time!!! Thanks CC Dispatch, the rest of the Issue was great as usual!!!!

whooa... i think you got up too early this morning (you posted at 5 AM, yikes)
you should have some coffee and relax...

PS- but i will agree that it could have been better...
that interview certainly didn't give any real insight to how great a person happy really is,
and afterall... isn't that the point of these interviews...

So how 'bout it happy?
Care to share the real you with the group...
Brigadier Robinette

Postby khazalid on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:13 pm

right on...

worst. interview. ever.

:(
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:01 pm

I see the sense of humour of people is up to its usual standards.

Well done Happy. It was light, unaffected, humorous and, in the BpB style, popped a little fun into the equation.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Georgerx7di on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Fruitcake wrote:I see the sense of humour of people is up to its usual standards.

Well done Happy. It was light, unaffected, humorous and, in the BpB style, popped a little fun into the equation.

Clearly an unbiased opinion.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby InsomniaRed on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Fruitcake wrote:I see the sense of humour of people is up to its usual standards.

No, I believe our sense of humor is perfectly fine. The interview was just not funny. It was borderline spam and I think we all were hoping for a real interview to get to know a CCer, which is what the column is about, not hear the same stupid thing over and over, since it wasn't even funny in her first answer, it wasn't funny in her 25th either.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:56 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:

No, I believe our sense of humor is perfectly fine. The interview was just not funny. It was borderline spam and I think we all were hoping for a real interview to get to know a CCer, which is what the column is about, not hear the same stupid thing over and over, since it wasn't even funny in her first answer, it wasn't funny in her 25th either.

See what is funny is: WE already know her. You are looking at the cool table in the cafeteria, wishing you were invited. Now you are all sitting there thinking "Boy, those jocks are dumb," or" she's a slut" because we won't let you into our world. So have fun eating your government provided lunches, while we all exclude you as inferior. And John Hughes is dead, so you won't be popular in the end of this little movie.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Incandenza on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. Personally, I think the decline of BpB from a fun-loving clan to bitter, joyless curmudgeons is one of the sadder things to happen to the forums. You guys used to be a hell of a laugh, now it seems you're a little too intent on proving how cool you are. This site is supposed to be fun, not a vehicle for attempting to prove how above it you are. Damn shame.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby nagerous on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 am

Incandenza wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it. Personally, I think the decline of BpB from a fun-loving clan to bitter, joyless curmudgeons is one of the sadder things to happen to the forums. You guys used to be a hell of a laugh, now it seems you're a little too intent on proving how cool you are. This site is supposed to be fun, not a vehicle for attempting to prove how above it you are. Damn shame.

I'd rather if you were to call my clan a bunch of bitter, joyless curmudgeons could you do it somewhere else please. This is not the place for trolling/flaming but rather to comment on the newsletter as a whole, which takes a lot of effort to compile each fortnight so a bit more gratitude from users would be nice on occasion.
Captain nagerous

Next

Return to Newsletter Issues