Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 71: 11-05-12] A Dreadful Issue

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 71: 11-05-12] A Dreadful Issue

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 71st edition of the Dispatch :)

Hey all, you look so BIG from down here! So busy digging my hole that I forget to remember why sometimes. Oh I remember now, I was looking for Sully and got into my Hippo brain that he must be down here somewhere. I'll let you know if I find him. Thankfully all those industrious volunteers have been beavering away with their busy fingers for your reading pleasure. And thusly we have another issue!

Last issue Sully's intro discussed the earth-shattering decisions of Natty Dread in exiting his work from the foundry. So time for a roasting! What that man doesn't know about bakery products or sexy time is not worth knowing. Remember, you read it here first!

From the Office of Strategic Services you can check out Viceroy63's take on that most difficult of subjects - alliances. Have you been burnt? He also shows the SoC scoreboard, is your name there?

In War Games, WorldCup4James interviews heatz about strategy, football and rock! DaveH continues to flex his Excel muscles in tournament organization. And Fuzzy316 shares his lessons learned from the fires of tournament management.

In Cartographic Surveillance, koontz1973 keeps us up to date while I get all introspective with Instructions.

Finally, in the Platoon Report we have all sorts of clandestine topics covered. WPBRJ wraps up Clan League 4, MNDuke covers the International Clan League and Gunn217 covers the F400 Ranking.

Talk about industrious!! Further proof that Natty Dread got it right when he said:

I think the best thing about CC has always been the kind of grassroots model, where every user can choose to become part of the creative effort, instead of things being forced down our throats in a top-down model... this model of collaborative creation, of user contributions and such, is the way of the future - it's what makes the internet great, it's also why the old-world media is dying

thehippo8
Foundry Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello again Freestyle readers. Your editor managed to find time to compile this section in the middle of studying for finals. May his time have not gone in vain. Also, another scum insider and interview with Natty Dread is on tap.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of Natty Dread

For Issue 71 of the Strategy Section of the Conquer Club Newsletter, I am exploring a new column titled, "Definition of Terms." Feed back on this would be useful and appreciated.

And as always the revised list of the current SoC Students winners for April 16th through the 30th.

Enjoy!

Viceroy63
Strategy Executive

Definition of Terms: Alliances by Viceroy63
show

Current SoC Training Fields Winners List By Viceroy63
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

In this issue, WorldCup4James interviews long-time veteran heatz, DaveH gives us another installment of his Tournament Tips, and Fuzzy316 offers his own top four tips for new organisers.

NoSurvivors has retired from tournament reporting; our best wishes go with him.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners: heatz by WorldCup4James
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Updating Team Games Results

Things I've Learned Since I Began Running Tournaments by Fuzzy316
show

Frankly the talent that exists in our wonderful foundry is astounding. Countless hours are spent by mapmakers, mods and forum Chatty Cathies alike. You get the spoils from their amazing efforts. For anyone who has tried to work out one end of a graphics programme from another will testify to the efforts that these magicians of the visual arts manifest. Week after exciting week! And koontz1973 is also here week after week to bring you the News and What's where!! Cracking effort =D> Meanwhile I've bunged in an article about Instructions and I'd be delighted to hear your thoughts. Click here to join the thread. And a final word from Simon Sinek:
Directions are instructions given to explain how. Direction is a vision offered to explain why.

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive

Foundry News koontz1973
show

What's Where? koontz1973
show

Instructions by thehippo8
show

Greetings Clandestine folks!
This issue we have an update on the latest scores direct from the stands off CL4 Matches, as well as the unveiling of the 32-clan strong ICL! 33 clans signed up for the competition, but unfortunately Bofm missed out due to late registration!
Gunn217 also returns to our fold with the latest F400 Ranking, so check out the barometer on clan performance and see where your clan fits in!

Our Section is also interested in resurrecting the Clan Spotlight feature, so if you're already an active Participant in the Active Challenges Sub-Forum, how about taking the opportunity to get a medal for reporting on the different Clan Wars in Progress?
Even if you're The War Organizer or a fond patriot of your clan and are already spending the time keeping track of your personal War Progress, spend a few minutes to write a few words and share the exciting events with the rest of the Clan World with your own column in the Dispatch :D

Leehar
Clan Executive

Clan League 4 by WPBRJ (DYN)
show

International Clan League by MNDuke (FOED)
show

F400 Ranking by Gunn217 (PR)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Viceroy63. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Viceroy63

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 71: 11-05-12] A Dreadful Issue

Postby thehippo8 on Fri May 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Oops, Sorry Saf, I read the Mafia update but forgot to credit you for it in the intro - will you ever forgive me?

Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat May 12, 2012 1:11 am

Considering the short notice under which we did this, I think you did a Dynamite job. I thousand times better than what I could've done.

Thank You again Hippo and Duke also for providing me such easy to follow point by point instructions.

It was quite an experience.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby happy2seeyou on Sat May 12, 2012 9:20 am

Great job Natty!
Captain happy2seeyou

Return to Newsletter Issues