Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 88: 1-2-2013] Trinkets and Cards

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 88: 1-2-2013] Trinkets and Cards

Postby Leehar on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 88th edition of the Dispatch :)

Hippo has taken a well-deserved vacation so is off in the oceans of the South Pacific, which gives me the pleasant opportunity to present this issue of the Dispatch.

The interviewee this issue is Trinicardinal, and as expected of a Chatter, waxes lyrical on all topics under the sun. I thankfully get an honorary mention in his discourse, and am only one of many that have gotten the chance to know this esteemed individual. *cough cough* for a second there I was wondering if I really was talking about the bosom bud of Ace! :lol:

My own Clan Section steps it up a notch, so I'll let you read about our latest and greatest offerings!

Tournaments is it's own bottle of glory, with DaveH continuing to excel in his tournament tips column.
My own attention was on the latest TPA2 results, as the latest update makes me regret the 1 game loss that helped games-man Swifte close the gap to my own partner dowian2 in the leaderboard!

Foundry has made me ponder a bit. The articles have always been top-notch, and they enticed me to try my own hand at commenting on maps in beta etc. That was not a pretty affair as I found myself a fish out of water! So after floundering my way around, and feeling out of my depth at some points, in the end I found it to be a quite rewarding experience, to be able to help in the development of maps in unique and creative ways.
Plus, it's always better to be acquainted with a map before it's thrust upon you in Random ;)

Strategy found itself to be an interesting concept, but tougher in execution, and we've made the collective decision that it's probably best to fold it back into it's rightful home of Freestyle!

Finally, I'm off to publish this issue, and I leave you with some insight into the travails of Dispatch publishing courtesy of the step-by-step guide pioneered by hippo in the preceding issue:

show

Let me know what you think of this and the other articles in the dispatch by responding to our forum topic!
We all love a bit of praise :D

thehippo8 Leehar
Chief Executive Aide Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Welcome back Freestylers. I've got more mafia news for everyone this issue, while trinicardinal is interviewed. He answers many, many questions from plurple, and a particularly interesting (from my point of view at least) one from Ace Rimmer regarding recent revelations from a certain Notre Dame player.
You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of trinicardinal

Welcome to a jam-packed Clans section for this issue. We're proud to introduce 2 new Clan reporters to the newsletter!
Perhaps they were lured by the fact that with my recent mantle of Clan Director-ship, you now have a 20% chance to become a CD :). After all, one of my predecessors in the Dispatch was jpcloet himself, who played an integral part in shaping the Clan world of today.

So there you have it. Join the dispatch team and work on prospering Clans everywhere :D

Anyway, back to business. We're proud to welcome Ickyketseddie & qwert. Icky to provide in-depth analysis of the ACC2 Tournament, while qwert gives us insight into the CL5, which he is hosting. He also has a special Serbian edition of his article, as an echo to past efforts by Quiksilver in his native French.

And then of course there's the redoubtable Swifte, who comes through with a look at the Semi-finalists from the CC3

Leehar
Clan Executive

CC3 Update by Swifte [IA]
show

Clan League 5 - Signups by Qwert [MYTH]
show
Serbian Version
show

ACC2 Update by Ickyketseddie [1RFG]
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments! Join This? Or Not, TPA Wrap, and Dave's Tournament Tips -- all your favourites!

Here's what I've been busy doing this week.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Analysis of termination Information

TPA3 Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by WorldCup4James
show

Well, we are truly well into the new year now. Nothing new to play on this year apart from New Zealand but we do have 3 maps almost ready to play and should be in beta any day now. Madrid with its colourful graphics and easy gameplay. Moscow has a local flair to it. Philadelphia whilst not being a classic city, has brought another city to life. So how is the classic map coverage going then. Lets see.
Quenched Beta In Foundry Attempted but failed So only Oceania has been finished. :?

This issue, we have some thoughts from yours truly over a very old idea that got dug up recently, generalhead asks what would the foundry or even the site be without the help of volunteers and lastly, which maps are in the foundry right now. Some new ones so make sure you take a look and help those ones you want to see in play. If anyone has been wondering what has happened to the competitions, do not despair, they will make a return next issue.

koontz1973 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development. koontz1973
show

What would the Foundry be with out volunteers by generalhead
show

Food for thought by koontz1973
show

Welcome one and all to THE FINAL helping of Strategy.

This WAS the stuff that's important, so listen up!!

Yes, you read that right. Due to popular demand, we at the Dispatch have realised that this section is but a schimera - it truly belongs as part of Freestyle and from next issue that is where you can expect to find your future doses of strategy!

So, please enjoy this final episode where TheSaxlad updates us on SoCs and I bring another edition in the Collected Wisdom series.

Stay clever!

thehippo8
Temporary Strategy Executive

Brief SoC Update by TheSaxlad
show

Collected Wisdom: FreeFalling123 takes us to Jamaica - with questions by thehippo8
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Metsfanmax. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Metsfanmax

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to thehippo8 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

show
Colonel Leehar

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 88: 1-2-2013] Trinkets and Cards

Postby Gilligan on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Can someone tell me where the Perth map is? :?
Captain Gilligan

Postby Swifte on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Gilligan wrote:Can someone tell me where the Perth map is? :?

maybe they have a weird definition of Quenched :lol:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=242&t=163331
Colonel Swifte

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Hey Leehar,

That deal I'm offering to hippo on the immune computers... well I can give you the same deal since you're filling in for him... after you ummm... "smash that other F*%#ing computer" :lol:
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:00 am

Swifte wrote:

Perth was my mistake. For some reason, I thought we already had it. :oops:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 pm

trinicardinal wrote:Q. Who is your favorite person in chat whose name starts with a "c"?

I’m not sure…. I don’t really know their real names. If you're talking usernames then its cooldeals (as you expected)

That hurts. :(
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby trinicardinal on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:34 pm

chapcrap wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:Q. Who is your favorite person in chat whose name starts with a "c"?

I’m not sure…. I don’t really know their real names. If you're talking usernames then its cooldeals (as you expected)

lol don't worry chap... you're my favorite person who likes flour and maple syrup :lol:
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:50 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Swifte wrote:

Perth was my mistake. For some reason, I thought we already had it. :oops:

I probably planted the idea in your head with my clever use of Perth:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=182564&start=30#p4016317
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

lol don't worry chap... you're my favorite person who likes flour and maple syrup :lol:

I'm gonna make a coffee cake. That will make me feel better.

Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Newsletter Issues