CC Dispatch [Issue 105 16-10-13] Polymorphia

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team, Media Team

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 105 16-10-13] Polymorphia

Postby Gilligan on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:36 am

Gilligan wrote:#4:
Your answer is from March 26, 2009.
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=56103&hilit=Hall+of+Fame&start=45#p1922882

Unless you can exactly remember that date, you have to go back to the update before March 25th to February 8: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=56103&hilit=Hall+of+Fame&start=45#p1878813

In which case the answer is Optimus Prime at 4,538.

As mentioned, all answers can be found in the Dispatch; here.

The same issue lies with this answer. That dispatch went out on March 30. As I was the one that updated those fun little stats in the Hall of Fame, there was no way they could have gotten that information BEFORE I posted it. I would immediately publish the data as I had it, I never did what IcePack does with the F400 ("The next F400 is published in the dispatch", etc).

Anyway, I'm not going to make a scene about it, because there is ambiguity in dates posted and dates published with the dispatch.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby greenoaks on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Ffraid wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Gilligan wrote:#3:
viewtopic.php?f=430&t=88261

In the title, which is the publication date, says 2-2-2009 (even though the timestamp of the first post is different). This current issue is a good example of that. The publication date is 16-10-2013, yet the timestamp of the first post is in June.

That's an arguable point I guess. I would argue it's not actually published until it is posted. Dukasaur can rule on this one.

I have to agree with Gilligan on #3 (of course, that was my answer, too ;) ). For some reason, the timestamp of the first post seems to be before the stated publication date. I've never figured that out. As he stated, Issue 104 is an excellent example. There's a difference of 3½ months between those dates!

Re #9: Okay, I found the newsletter where it talks about the foundry reorganization in February but here: The Foundry is being Revamped! is a discussion about the foundry actually being shut down in December of 2009 for "a mysterious ongoing refurbishment".

Apparently, I was just dead wrong on #10! :D

the difference in dates is they are working on a draft/template which then gets posted.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:11 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Gilligan wrote:#3:
viewtopic.php?f=430&t=88261

In the title, which is the publication date, says 2-2-2009 (even though the timestamp of the first post is different). This current issue is a good example of that. The publication date is 16-10-2013, yet the timestamp of the first post is in June.

That's an arguable point I guess. I would argue it's not actually published until it is posted. Dukasaur can rule on this one.

There are often 3 possible dates for a newsletter. There is a stated date in the title (which is sometimes wrong although usually very close), there is a timestamp on the post (which is often just the date that the template was made, not the date of publication), and last but not least there is the true actual publication date (which may be difficult to prove due to the presence of the other two.)

Since this is a friendly competition, I would say that when in doubt, give them the points. If there's more than one correct answer, let's not quibble about which one is the most correct.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 am

Dukasaur wrote:Since this is a friendly competition, I would say that when in doubt, give them the points. If there's more than one correct answer, let's not quibble about which one is the most correct.

Your word is law, amendments will be made next issue.
Major iAmCaffeine

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Return to Newsletter Issues