Conquer Club

Spirit of Conquer Club [Happy Holidays!]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Spirit of Conquer Club [Happy Holidays!]

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Greetings & Happy Holidays from the Clan Dept Staff!

We know everyone here loves Conquer Club. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this for many of us are playing side by side with our fellow clan mates!
Enjoying the competitive nature draws like minded people together to march side by side into battle.

Often times, a simple game draws these people together and over time, friendships form. Even in an online world, I know I personally have gotten to know many people on this site, even meeting some in person and experiencing some amazing moments! Many hours have been spent together talking about life, loves, real life events, interests. Its these moments and memories that we share that make clan friendships special, some have been funny, touching, sorrowful, hopeful, and joyous. We have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, wins, losses, births, weddings...I'm sure I am not alone in how amazing our fellow clan mates can be.

The Clan Department would like to highlight this phenomenon, this camaraderie. Perhaps someone this year has done something for you (or someone else you know!), maybe they have gone above and beyond expectation, maybe helped you personally in or outside of the game, supported you through some life event, maybe you'd just like to say thanks for being there, or thanks for playing games with you over the past year, thanks for that one game, thanks for that thing, you know, the one thing that one time? Right. Maybe just something for someone who needs a little pick me up, a pep in their step, whose had a rough year.

Whatever the reason, lets celebrate that together again.

Please submit by way of posting here a clan member (not yourself) who is especially deserving of a little extra gift as recognition as we complete 2017.
Please provide the username, and a reason that you are giving them this gift. Spread the cheer!

All "gifts" will get a spin on the newly designed clan prize spin wheel. Each person will get the prize their spin registers. Some are stars, some are credits, there are a few spin agains or better luck next times (sorry!). Hopefully we can all enjoy the final end of the year here together, and special props to anyone who gifts outside of their own clan etc and reaches across the aisle to spread Christmas / Holiday cheer to others.
Thanks,
IcePack & the Clan Department

PS - Start with one name, allow others to get some in etc. If it slows down, you can enter more then one. Should be an active clans person

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Spirit of Conquer Club [Happy Holidays!]

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:42 pm

I'll start us off because why not :)

I would like to gift SC Man from the Atlantis clan, hes been a great guy and playing partner for a long time.
I wish I was as good at remembering to send out invites as I would like to be, but the guy is always fun to play with and up for games

I appreciate his time, generosity, games and friendship so I'd like to give him this small gift :)

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:09 pm

There are a lot of people who have touched my life here on Conquer Club. There is one man, though, that just takes the cake. I would like to thank Keefie of the Headless Horsemen. He has been a wonderful friend to me these past 7 months. A few months ago I was in a lot of pain and it was him that convinced me to go to the emergency room. Turned out I had a kidney infection. He always asks me how I'm doing and truly cares about my answer, is never too busy to say hello and is just an amazing person. Last week I received the most thoughtful customized Christmas card from him in the mail. It made me cry so much and just warmed my heart. I am truly blessed to know such a kind-hearted, caring and sweet man.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby hopalong on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 pm

a special spanks to the anonymous clanmate who gifted me prem - they either like me, or know that my other clanmates hate me and wanted to see them suffer longer.
extra special spanks to groovypack for putting alot of time, sweat, and awesomeness into CR@W - it was the highlight of my CC existence. your leadership was a true labour of luv - the wet kindof luv, of course.
Major hopalong

Postby robellis00 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:19 am

Greetings! This is a great idea! Man from Modesto has helped me several times, either by account-sitting for me, or answering many questions that I had. I traveled to a very remote area without any internet connection and he took my turns for me, for about a week. Regarding the clan he is in, he gave me the answers I needed in order to decide to join a clan or not.
He's deserving of a special bonus this season!
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby Hooch on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 am

I'll say Jusplayforfun
Because aside from the lack of in heir name which I presume is from a sicky keyboard wich I have no reason for knowing and again aside from hey invied me in..,......,. as General Degaulle said..
f*ck em all said General Degaul and le no basard live, if you can' ea, drink or f*ck, shi on I.

Hanks Mike.
Appreciae your hard work and houghs in guide games oo.
Last edited by Hooch on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:02 am

- I would like to gift a person who is alive, but no longer with Us here in CC, PaulatPeace.

- In 2004 my wife (at the time) was diagnosed with a brain tumor, It was removed and was not cancerous, But was given medication that in time she became addicted to. As the years marched on, so did her addiction, Until 2 years ago when she attempted suicide, then blamed me and filed divorce. My life was upside down, I was losing the home we made together after 16 years, In serious debt and not a penny to my name. Through all this, Paul would always call me to ask how me and my two daughters were doing, He was very concerned about me and always had the bright side of life to offer. One day he asked me what my address was, that he had a card he wanted to send me, I got it in the mail, It was a $500 gift card with a very nice message attached with words of concern and hope, Literally brought a tear to my eye that a man I only knew from CC and talking on phone could care so much, But he truly did, He was always there for me, and still is to this day, Regrettably just not here. This is my story, and I will remember it for the rest of my life. Salute Paulie-------)
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Lord Arioch on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:53 am

Lockup
This guy introduced me to the clan, and clan Life. ANd since we first met and battled it out, weve been friends! He even offered me some nasty mosquitos to take care of mitch for an x wife ... but i dont Think introducing malaria into sweden would be a great idea ...
Sergeant 1st Class Lord Arioch

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Like groovy, I'm sure I could provide a rather long list of people... however, with choosing just one, it's an easy choice to make.

I'd like to thank ian for, well, everything! :D From teaching me how to play team games, suggesting that I become involved in clans by joining LOW... being the primary person who covers for me when I'm away (whether I plan to be away, or not!)... the many, many, many talks we have, all the time - about work, life, books, movies, travel, etc - spending more time talking than playing in most of our games :) ... and many other reasons, the list could go on lol. But I think you get the point. ;) So again... thanks for everything, all the time, ian!

(Just because you said I had to include the full username, Ice, here you go: iancanton) :P
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby TeeGee on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:48 pm

I can't single out any individual.

I would like to thank the entire community, each and every one of you
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby xroads on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Jplo64 is always a worthy opponent, and a good sport
Lieutenant xroads

Postby zeus111 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 pm

hi all i have to thank groovy smurf for being a pleasure to play with as well as one hell of a team m8 !!! but for most recently attempting to take on the world cup with me . this event started with a conversation with groovy. we have had many obstacles to over come but her perseverance and dedication not only made the event possible but think we stumbled on what im sure what will be an epic on going event ..so thanks for putting up wih me sista and thanks for all you have done !!
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby Man from Modesto on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 am

I can list good reasons to nominate each of my clan mates. They are a great lot.

I will nominate Frank Martel. In recent clan games, he produced winning plays and strategies that turned tight games into winning positions. He epitomizes team play and is always involved.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby Keefie on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:50 am

I would like to nominate the man who, since I've been involved in the clan scene, has done more for it than anyone else.

Icepack

Despite having his own issues to deal with in the past couple of years. His dedication, drive and ideas have given us all so much and there's a lot more to come :shock: \:D/

Thanks for everything my friend =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Robespierre__ on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:08 am

Always need to shout out Uckuki who has been a stalwart member of CC, single-handedly held FOED together for years, and is just a great all around guy.

Robes

P.S. Look at Paul-at-Peace getting a shout for real life good behavior. Would that his online matched a little more!
Major Robespierre__

Postby DJENRE on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:59 am

Well, same for me I could thanks many people here, including many in my own clan for teaching me a lot.

But there is somebody I'd like to thank in particular.
I joined CC in 2009 and played a lot, for more than 2 years. I organized tournaments and tried to create new maps for CC.
Then, for personnal and professionnal reasons, I had to quit the site quickly and never came back until 2017.

When I quitted, one of my biggest tournament was running ; The JULES VERNE CONTEST. With 256 players involved.
I spend a lot of time in imagining the tournament format, recruiting all the players etc.....

When I came back in 2017 I saw that somebody rescued this tournament for me, and made all the work I was supposed to do. :?
He also left some nice comments on thread when people were angry about myself....

SO, this is the person I'd like to thanks in particular :

THANK YOU DUKASAUR!!!!!
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby IcePack on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 am

Thank you everyone! Keep them coming!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm

although i'm not in his clan, my vote goes to MTIceman41. a beast of a player who can be counted on for good in-game advice & a reliable sitter. never seen him post a bad word about anybody around here, either... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Donelladan on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:13 pm

I would like to thank fairman.
Always have been a reliable member of LHDD. And this year when all the clan leaders were busy, he took it upon himself to take care of our clan and organize clan war.
Also a very nice player, nice teammate, always helpful.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Joining this community in mid 2009 was one of the best discovery I’ve made on Internet, I spent most of my earliest time on my own in and there until that day I joined the Clan world and LHDD - was nice sometime to be able to speak french with other member while the gaming itself was English period :D - the tournament scene has been then the way I wanted to spend my time with this site and up to today still, I decided to join the CC Mods world as a tournament director padawan and started to see the « behind the scene » of CC world and wanted to be more involve, one day mcshanester29 announced his retirement and asked me if I was interested to take over the group, not sure if this was the best decision I’ve made :lol: but so far I have to say that the tournament world made even more sense and I’m glad I did signed up, however the man i really need to send my thank you is Dukasaur, this guy is always around and he is certainly the best ressources you could get for your questions and problems, I also should give my thanks to bigWham since he helped me putting lots of my idea out there and many time have positive attitude from what I had to say (good or bad).

There is for sure my clan mate with who we had and still have good laugh and top notch partnership.

Of course there is many others Mods and players that I would thanks for their spirit and help...

Thanks to you all and Happy Holidays 8-)

Mad777
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby hjelp on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm

There are a lot of players but this one is for

IcePack and
Groovysmurf and
The_Samurai and
CaronylKluster

8-)

oh, forgot a reason :)

Because they deserve it =D> =D>
Captain hjelp

Postby DJENRE on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:12 am

Donelladan wrote:I would like to thank fairman.
Always have been a reliable member of LHDD. And this year when all the clan leaders were busy, he took it upon himself to take care of our clan and organize clan war.
Also a very nice player, nice teammate, always helpful.

I agree, same as you Done!
The work you make into LHDD is huge!
Mad777 wrote: however the man i really need to send my thank you is Dukasaur, this guy is always around and he is certainly the best ressources you could get for your questions and problems

Indeed!
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby jltile1 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 pm

my people

groovysmurf
otnal
mostwanted
theflycassanova

groovy is so cool
otnal is the best bullshiter
mostwanted is the most wanted in the clan
thefly is so fly
Major jltile1

Postby Jimmy V on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 pm

Scaryteded because he is a great guy, rjhankey has always been a great teammate and true family man, and groovysmurf who made me feel welcome in our first game together with the best clan... Pack!
Lieutenant Jimmy V

Postby Domination_44 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:21 am

I would like to gift Prince_Tottenham. Not only is he my friend, but this guy worked hard for many years trying to bring RGX success and now acts like a mentor to me. I have nothing but respect for everything he has done and am thankful for everything he has taught me.
Sergeant 1st Class Domination_44

Next

Return to Clan Archives