Clan League Suggestion Box - Better? ; )

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League Complaint Box

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 am

Leehar wrote:To be fair tho, Cheme has moved his clan out of the CLA himself, and isn't involved in the running of the CL4 in any way either, so it would make sense if he only created this thread to save him some CD headaches with a lot of trolling reporting going on in the other one I assume?

Oh, ok. Thank you for the thoughts! Makes sense. Guess I'm preaching to the choir, then...
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby chemefreak on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Leehar wrote:To be fair tho, Cheme has moved his clan out of the CLA himself, and isn't involved in the running of the CL4 in any way either, so it would make sense if he only created this thread to save him some CD headaches with a lot of trolling reporting going on in the other one I assume?

Oh, ok. Thank you for the thoughts! Makes sense. Guess I'm preaching to the choir, then...

Leehar knows all! Most of you know how calculating I am and that I wouldn't do anything like this in a vacuum. The proper way to improve CL5 is to contact your CLA rep and have them post it in the CLA thread regarding improvements. Not by stirring up trouble in the main thread.

BTW, I have actually worked quite closely with RJ and DJ on certain aspects of the the Clan League. The CDs are not taking credit for any of it, though. The event is a massive undertaking and we truly appreciate the CLA, RJ, and DJ for working so hard on this clan event. DJ and RJ's attention, perseverance, and time have made the whole thing happen. They should be applauded, not criticized.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (6)

Postby Leehar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:00 pm

For the Record though, the Brainchild was Josko's? ;)

Tho obv Masli was involved in ensuring it was considered by the CLA, and I hear Chariot may be involved in the initial Idea, the framework of the League in this iteration was largely Josko's work?
show
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (8)

Postby chemefreak on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Leehar wrote:For the Record though, the Brainchild was Josko's? ;)

Tho obv Masli was involved in ensuring it was considered by the CLA, and I hear Chariot may be involved in the initial Idea, the framework of the League in this iteration was largely Josko's work?

I believe you are right. I think Josko and a group of players provided the framework for this league. Now, that being said, things have changed...almost to the point where some who deserve credit won't take it for fear of getting the credit! However, DJ and RJ are the ones that have spent HOURS upon HOURS making this thing run. They should be commended and improvements suggested through the proper outlets.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (6)

Postby Leehar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

chemefreak wrote:

I believe you are right. I think Josko and a group of players provided the framework for this league. Now, that being said, things have changed...almost to the point where some who deserve credit won't take it for fear of getting the credit! However, DJ and RJ are the ones that have spent HOURS upon HOURS making this thing run. They should be commended and improvements suggested through the proper outlets.

Of course and I wouldn't want anyone to think otherwise.

The Operational Management has been superb, by dj and wp especially, but by all the individual directors as well! =D>

However, This Thread is for Complaints! So anymore OT congrats and some Trolling bans will be needed ;)
show
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (8)

Postby WPBRJ on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:03 pm

not really sure how much josko had to do with the format due to i seen way back when the general out line from masli before any one was even thinking of running it. this was before my format that i proposed but i will say he obviously josko had some thing to do with it and he and masli had a great thought that i support 100% or i would have never joined DJ to run it.
Major WPBRJ

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (7)

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 pm

chapcrap wrote: I feel like I should be able to play for someone at least. I mean, both of the clans are still in the competition, so it's not like being cup tied in CC3.

Its exactly the dame - you are league-tied.

However, you aren't league-cup tied - so you can play in the cup/trophy/shield/vase for your new clan.

:)
Lieutenant Teflon Kris

Medals: 170
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (8)

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 pm

They put a framework together and explained it in the CLA forum - people voted for it so we added detail and made a couple of minor amendments for practical reasons. The format was ambitious but we have hopefully helped it to happen.
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant Teflon Kris

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (8)

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Lindax wrote:I just wish I had a clue what the Clan League is all about.

I don't know who we're playing (abbreviations of clans), I don't know where were standing, I don't know what I'm playing for, I don't know what settings we can and can't use and why, etc., etc.

This whole thing has gotten so complicated that even with my high intelligence level I cannot see the forest through the trees.

I'm going to ask my clan person in charge of clan wars to leave me out of this.

Lx

Hopefully, time will enable more people to have a better understanding.

Points raised in this thread will be taken to the CL5 discussion thread in the CLA.

For my part, I wish to see some consistency with the clan league so that the format doesn't change massively each year - there was nothing wrong with the previous leagues whatsoever, but the changing format created a problem within the CLA when jp handed it over - with too much of an empty canvas, democratic agreement on what colour paint we wanted to use for CL4 took months ... :roll: ... and months ... :roll: ... and months ... :roll:

So, the plan here is to create a consistent format and tweak details each year, well in advance of the following year. Change but not massive overhaul. And preferably change in-between seasons rather than during. ;)

So, keep moaning folks and we'll filter out the suggestions and discuss them. Everything wont be changed though, as consistency is needed to help everyone understand the league.

Back to Lx's point about complication - one potential amendment could be to adapt the format a little so that rounds are fortnightly. The weekly schedule tends to bring the next round along too quickly for many clans' liking, players cant keep up with what all the different rounds they are playing in and it also creates the situation where many rounds are on-going at once. With fortnightly rounds, clans will have a better idea how they are performing within their division mid-way through each phase (as some rounds will have finished), rather than all of the results coming in almost at once in a manic finale. Of course, fortnightly rounds would mean that there would need to be at least one phase fewer in the season however. Feel free to discuss further ...

:D
Lieutenant Teflon Kris

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:51 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:
chapcrap wrote: I feel like I should be able to play for someone at least. I mean, both of the clans are still in the competition, so it's not like being cup tied in CC3.

Its exactly the dame - you are league-tied.

However, you aren't league-cup tied - so you can play in the cup/trophy/shield/vase for your new clan.

:)

It's not the same, with CUP TIED rule of both clans remain in the competition he can move clans for the next round. only if his former clan was knocked out would he be in eligible for future rounds with the new clan.

IcePack
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 94
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: Clan League Suggestion Box - Better? ; )

Postby Qwert on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:29 pm

i will propose for CL5 system where you will play 13 rounds,and this will be similar to real footbal divisions.
Now CL4 will be played in 16 rounds (first phase-5=second phase 7=third phase 3=final 1)
Its will be great that finaly its time for real Division Leagues be created.
Premier League-14 clans (rules for play will be similar to CL4 with home away games(two double -two triple-two quads)(this will play 13 rounds,low then CL4)
First League 14 clans
Third League -14 clans
Forth League-all other low ranked clans
-----------------------------------------------
Its will be same like in footbal, and after all 13 rounds,you will get winner of each Division(clan who collect most points).
Also every year Best 5 clans in tables will have promotion to higer division,and worst 5 will move down to lover division.
This is only initial idea, i need to put more details, but with this system league will be much more short,and much more stronger competition.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby benga on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 am

qwert wrote:i will propose for CL5 system where you will play 13 rounds,and this will be similar to real footbal divisions.
Now CL4 will be played in 16 rounds (first phase-5=second phase 7=third phase 3=final 1)
Its will be great that finaly its time for real Division Leagues be created.
Premier League-14 clans (rules for play will be similar to CL4 with home away games(two double -two triple-two quads)(this will play 13 rounds,low then CL4)
First League 14 clans
Third League -14 clans
Forth League-all other low ranked clans
-----------------------------------------------
Its will be same like in footbal, and after all 13 rounds,you will get winner of each Division(clan who collect most points).
Also every year Best 5 clans in tables will have promotion to higer division,and worst 5 will move down to lover division.
This is only initial idea, i need to put more details, but with this system league will be much more short,and much more stronger competition.

You were against such setup when it was proposed by others.
mislick!
Colonel benga

Medals: 163
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:24 am

yes,but this whas not leagues, its mini groups with 6 to 8 clans in each group,its not real leagues.
Maybe we could even put higher number of clans-up to 16, now this will be real LEague Competition, and still could be short then CL4. I will work on details.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Leehar on Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Whats the use of a 2nd Contact if they're never going to be used?
We've already seen 3 clans have random teams invited, so couldn't we have a more balanced competition if a warning was sent to 1st or 2nd contacts that you have a day left for submissions etc?
show
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Fri May 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Leehar wrote:Whats the use of a 2nd Contact if they're never going to be used?
We've already seen 3 clans have random teams invited, so couldn't we have a more balanced competition if a warning was sent to 1st or 2nd contacts that you have a day left for submissions etc?

This was my thoughts. If they are due sunday, deadline passes and 2nd guy notices. It doesn't matter, they are late. No reason to have the second contact at all.

Couldn't agree more.
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
Major IcePack

Medals: 94
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives