Conquer Club

F400 Clan Ranking - Needs Repair

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: F400 Ranking [Updated 04-15-13]

Postby Dako on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Yes, it will be unfair. But fair choice is not always the right choice.
Colonel Dako

Postby Fewnix on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:49 am

I think this discussion about ranking systems supports high ranked clans not being eager to play low ranked clans and the use of qualifying rounds in the Leagues? :?:
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:11 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:It was 10-2. We had to beat them 11-1 to not lose points, a score which I find unrealistic.

Re ACE - if they do start with a clean slate then it's rather unfair for the clans who have to meet them, as I expect it will adversely affect their F400 ranking.

Conversely, how is it fair to the clans that they are automatically surpassing in the rankings? Seems to me that you earn a ranking and are not given one.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:53 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:It was 10-2. We had to beat them 11-1 to not lose points, a score which I find unrealistic.

Re ACE - if they do start with a clean slate then it's rather unfair for the clans who have to meet them, as I expect it will adversely affect their F400 ranking.

Conversely, how is it fair to the clans that they are automatically surpassing in the rankings? Seems to me that you earn a ranking and are not given one.

Two clans have been removed from the rankings. Net result....the majority of clans have moved up two places (as AoC & Empire were ranked 3rd & 7th respectively). And now the idea is being mooted that the AoC/Emp merger be re-listed at a starting point. So how exactly are clans losing out in comparison to where they stood prior to ACE emerging?

Your concept of fair and that of myself obviously differ greatly. I hope you get drawn against them in CC4 then you'll know what I mean (if they are to start on 1000).
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Re: F400 Ranking [SPECIAL CC4 UPDATE]

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:22 am

Archive
Last edited by IcePack on Tue May 22, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:31 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

Two clans have been removed from the rankings. Net result....the majority of clans have moved up two places (as AoC & Empire were ranked 3rd & 7th respectively). And now the idea is being mooted that the AoC/Emp merger be re-listed at a starting point. So how exactly are clans losing out in comparison to where they stood prior to ACE emerging?

Your concept of fair and that of myself obviously differ greatly. I hope you get drawn against them in CC4 then you'll know what I mean (if they are to start on 1000).

I see your point. But clans should have to earn their keep. If a new clan is created then it should be a clean break.

Also, even though clans have moved up in the rankings due to the break-up / merger; they still shouldn't be relegated to be less than the new clan, provided they are above the starting point, themselves.

And, you wouldn't be worried about playing them in the first round if the CDs followed protocol and abided by the two challenge rule. And based on the hybrid system instituted, you would possibly be playing them anyways, unless you're saying they'd be a top eight seed. So, you want newly formed clans to merit a top ten ranking in a system which is explicitly based upon results and not reputation?
Major ViperOverLord

Postby crazy4catnip on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:04 pm

In the recent SOH / UM8 war, this thread incorrectly lists SOH as a 21-20 winner. UM8 won the war, 21-20. Please fix your war listings before the next update. Thanks!

Link to the war: viewtopic.php?uid=461955&f=441&t=185102

-- crazy4catnip
"Who cares about geopolitical issues when the f*****g walls are melting."
Major crazy4catnip

Postby chemefreak on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:33 pm

ICE - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:14 am

crazy4catnip wrote:In the recent SOH / UM8 war, this thread incorrectly lists SOH as a 21-20 winner. UM8 won the war, 21-20. Please fix your war listings before the next update. Thanks!

Link to the war: viewtopic.php?uid=461955&f=441&t=185102

-- crazy4catnip

Thanks for the catch, this has been corrected in the database. Updated standings below.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby eddie2 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 pm

chemefreak wrote:Everyone should remember that Ice does this as a volunteer and we should all appreciate his hard work. Also, remember that for the Cup, only the Top 16 clans that enter will be seeded. The rest will be put into pools and some will have play-ins (randomly selected) and some will not.

i think leehars first appointment should be icepack..

nicky runs cdf
chemefreak runs medals war results.
icepack runs clan ranking

give him a colored badge for the work he does and show some respect for the time he spends.. he even done a 2nd update especially for the ccup4 1 week after his quarterly update...

think of it another way he might even update monthly if he had a cc team position :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Major eddie2

Postby chapcrap on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 pm

eddie2 wrote:
chemefreak wrote:Everyone should remember that Ice does this as a volunteer and we should all appreciate his hard work. Also, remember that for the Cup, only the Top 16 clans that enter will be seeded. The rest will be put into pools and some will have play-ins (randomly selected) and some will not.

nicky runs cdf

give him a colored badge for the work he does and show some respect for the time he spends.. he even done a 2nd update especially for the ccup4 1 week after his quarterly update...

think of it another way he might even update monthly if he had a cc team position :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This discussion shouldn't really go here, but what about the other CDs?

Also, he has been doing updates twice a month for a while now, are you under a rock, talking about quarterly updates?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chemefreak on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 pm

eddie2 wrote:

nicky runs cdf

We would never do that to ICE! As soon as we appoint him, you would be asshole to him! Well...more of an asshole.
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jetsetwilly on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 pm

lol, pity the poor sod who gets a cd slot and then has to listen to Eddie bang on about lord knows what every day !
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby chemefreak on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:29 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:lol, pity the poor sod who gets a cd slot and then has to listen to Eddie bang on about lord knows what every day !

No shit. BTW, we miss our jet....
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm

eddie2 wrote:give him a colored badge for the work he does and show some respect for the time he spends.. he even done a 2nd update especially for the ccup4 1 week after his quarterly update...

I have done twice monthly updates for awhile, unless its a crazy / problematic month then its once. This month, will have 3 updates instead of 2.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby crispybits on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:22 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:lol, pity the poor sod who gets a cd slot and then has to listen to Eddie bang on about lord knows what every day !

Simple, make eddie a CD, you can just outvote him in CD matters and then he can't rage at the system cos he'll be part of it :lol:

And to keep this post on topic - nice work with the extra update there icepack :)
Major crispybits

Postby Foxglove on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:55 pm

There are still people who don't have eddie foed? Whatthe?
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Dako on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Foxglove wrote:There are still people who don't have eddie foed? Whatthe?

But if you actually read his posts and decipher all that he writes it makes sense a lot of times. I quite like the guy.
Colonel Dako

Postby Foxglove on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Dako wrote:
Foxglove wrote:There are still people who don't have eddie foed? Whatthe?

But if you actually read his posts and decipher all that he writes it makes sense a lot of times.

Perhaps it makes sense in the half of his posts in which he doesn't blatantly lie, make things up, or exaggerate. But I so expect him to be untruthful that I am completely unable to believe a single word he says.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Dako on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Foxglove wrote:Perhaps it makes sense in the half of his posts in which he doesn't blatantly lie, make things up, or exaggerate. But I so expect him to be untruthful that I am completely unable to believe a single word he says.

This is exactly how I feel about josko.
Colonel Dako

Postby eddie2 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:36 am

Dako wrote:
Foxglove wrote:Perhaps it makes sense in the half of his posts in which he doesn't blatantly lie, make things up, or exaggerate. But I so expect him to be untruthful that I am completely unable to believe a single word he says.

This is exactly how I feel about josko.

ow you mean like this from admin..
I understand that Dako started CC4 but then had pulled back or withdrew from it and then the clan directors took over. Now it seems you disapprove of this move or how the way they are currently setting it up.

must of been a blatant lie from cd department.. and yes i keep pm's from mods now so i can quote back on things they say.. and yes sometimes i have posted false info (usually when i am drunk) which i even think to myself why post that but the post has been seen. what i have done is tried to stop posting while pissed.
Major eddie2

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:46 am

Eddie stop quote people out of context and stay on topic. This is for the F400 not some other BS you are ranting about.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby eddie2 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:59 am

Bruceswar wrote:Eddie stop quote people out of context and stay on topic. This is for the F400 not some other BS you are ranting about.

ah still one sided bruce.

so should your post not of said.
jetset chemefreak eddie foxglove stay on topic. because really my post was at people flaming baiting me in the above posts. but i guess these are real life friends of yours who you have sent on a mission to get me banned.

and chemefreak do you really think it is smart calling people asshole in the forums.. you wear the team cc colors and badge so need to act appropriately. if that was anyone calling you that they would be warned or forum banned.
Major eddie2

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:17 am

My last post on this.

1. I do not care if you think others went off topic. Maybe they did, or maybe they were responding to you.
2. I am not out to get anybody banned from anywhere. People do a good job of getting themselves banned.
3. I do not know anybody from CC in real life.

On topic thanks for the update Ice. Looks like a good list of clans. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Qwert on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 am

well consider that CC4 are start, and now its not need urgent F400 update, maybe ice could do once in month. So he can focus on other things.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives