Adjustments to league format for CL6?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Adjustments to league format for CL6?

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Keefie wrote:Doc,

The clan leaders were give the choice of

1. No changes to the format. VOTES: 2

2. Minor changes, such as map use etc etc VOTES: 15

3. Major changes, such as promotion / relegation etc VOTES: 6

So it was pretty clear that the majority voted for no change or just small tweaks.

K

The vote was blatantly misleading. Map usage and relegation are two completely different matters. Clan leaders effectively were forced to prioritize what was more important to him/her; map usage or relegation. I've never once made an argument for or against relegation based on map usage.
Colonel ViperOverLord

Medals: 130
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby Lindax on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:58 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:

So it was pretty clear that the majority voted for no change or just small tweaks.

K

The vote was blatantly misleading. Map usage and relegation are two completely different matters. Clan leaders effectively were forced to prioritize what was more important to him/her; map usage or relegation. I've never once made an argument for or against relegation based on map usage.

Somebody woke up a wee bit late. The poll was posted on December 15, 2013 and ended on January 4, 2014.

It's now February 26, 2014. Did it take you all that time to figure out the poll was misleading?

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 129
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:48 am

Lindax wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

K

Somebody woke up a wee bit late. The poll was posted on December 15, 2013 and ended on January 4, 2014.

It's now February 26, 2014. Did it take you all that time to figure out the poll was misleading?

Lx

Wow. Look at you trying to have your cake and eat it too. This is your post from that poll:

This thread is not (yet) meant for discussion, only for voting. If this turns into a discussion thread it will be locked and nobody can vote anymore.

Maybe, just maybe, that's why there was no discussion on December 16th through January 4th.

All the same, I'll further regard your feeble attempt to make the dates the issue. On February 26, 2014, I was directly responding to a post from February 17th. When the poll took place did not have any relevance upon my answer to that post.

Also, are you then admitting that the poll was misleading? Or do you deny the obvious?
Colonel ViperOverLord

Medals: 130
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby Donelladan on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:22 am

Lx

I am not a clan resp, I don't have access to that part of the forum.
Nevertheless I still think you should let clans resp vote again only for the "promotion/relegation" part.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Donelladan

Medals: 96
Monthly Leader Silver (2) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (14) Challenge Achievement (4)

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:19 pm

I haven't read everything. I would just like to say, the league is enjoyable because of the effort required to try new maps. We had a discussion about this in our clan forum. We agreed it was quite enjoyable.
2013-11-13 11:47:40 - NapoleonTanerite [team]: "We will forgive your forgetting to use the troops in Turkey." It's hard to think with an erection, which I bet TM had!
Lieutenant TheMissionary
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (11)
Training Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (8)

Previous

Return to Clan Archives