The Leap Ladder - Last Updated 4/30/14

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Leap Ladder

Postby Arama86n on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:44 am

It's interesting, for me different perspectives always are.
If we're going to make any ranking official though, F400, not this.
Major Arama86n

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby chemefreak on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:43 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:We'd be ranked #35 then. Only problem I see with this ranking, is that a higher ranked clan would rarely be interested in accepting a challenge from a lower ranked clan. Of course that's going to be the case with any ranking system, but it applies here even more so.

I think this issue was fixed in this iteration by simply having a pure skip. So if the 30th ranked clan beats the 2nd ranked clan, the 30th ranked clan goes to 2nd and the 2nd ranked clan only falls to 3rd.

Arama86n wrote:It's interesting, for me different perspectives always are.
If we're going to make any ranking official though, F400, not this.

It is not my intent to make this an official ranking system. This is more for fun. I agree that Ice's F400 is the more accurate ranking system. However, it does take quite a few wars to get on that system. This one should react a bit quicker. Should be fun the next time I update when there is a dialogue about who skipped who and when.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Captain chemefreak

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (18)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (7)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:53 am

chemefreak wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:We'd be ranked #35 then. Only problem I see with this ranking, is that a higher ranked clan would rarely be interested in accepting a challenge from a lower ranked clan. Of course that's going to be the case with any ranking system, but it applies here even more so.

I think this issue was fixed in this iteration by simply having a pure skip. So if the 30th ranked clan beats the 2nd ranked clan, the 30th ranked clan goes to 2nd and the 2nd ranked clan only falls to 3rd.

Potentially, yeah. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.
Captain iAmCaffeine

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby JaneAusten on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:10 am

I think it's neat. Thx Cheme!
Sergeant JaneAusten

Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (11)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby agentcom on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:21 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
agentcom wrote:Why did you decide to have the winning clan (if lower ranked) move up, rather than have the losing clan (if higher ranked) move down? It would be interesting to see what the differences would be in those two systems. In yours, you can vault to the front, but you fall slowly. In the other, you could fall very quickly, but you'd have to slowly eek your way to the top.

That would be very interesting; though the top clans would lose motivation to play anyone lower ranked. In this method, they can only lose drop one place if they lose.

Maybe that would be the case if this ranking was going to be used for anything. But it's not. We have better ranking methods out there. As cheme pointed out, this is just for fun. So, I'm thinking that in the same spirit (just for fun), it would be interesting to see what the difference is in the opposite method.

Also, I've said this before, but I think it would be really cool to have a table with all the ranking systems in it. Probably sorted by the F400 because that seems to enjoy the most respect, but also the F41, the coach's poll, cheme's ladder, and ... the other one that I'm forgetting right now that scores clans as if they were CC players. Oh and add to that the most recent place in CCup and the other big tourneys.

So, you'd have each clan and at least half a dozen columns. I think that would be nifty :)
Brigadier agentcom

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby chemefreak on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:17 am

agentcom wrote:Also, I've said this before, but I think it would be really cool to have a table with all the ranking systems in it. Probably sorted by the F400 because that seems to enjoy the most respect, but also the F41, the coach's poll, cheme's ladder, and ... the other one that I'm forgetting right now that scores clans as if they were CC players. Oh and add to that the most recent place in CCup and the other big tourneys.

So, you'd have each clan and at least half a dozen columns. I think that would be nifty :)

Hopefully when we get our new CDs, this is something we can get going.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Captain chemefreak

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (18)

Postby Hamanu on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:05 pm

So with Coaches, Poll, F400, F41, Leap Frog... its like WBA, IBF, WBC? :D
Brigadier Hamanu

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby agentcom on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Hamanu wrote:So with Coaches, Poll, F400, F41, Leap Frog... its like WBA, IBF, WBC? :D

Yeah or like the USA Today, AP, BCS, etc. polls/systems for college football. That's kind of my point. Lots of times you see those presented side-by-side. Glad to hear that cheme thinks this is one of the new CD responsibilities :)
Brigadier agentcom

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:26 am

Cheme
Is there the possibility / potential to put approximate date to each of the spoilers listed (and ones in the future)?
Sometimes I imagine 50 war might take awhile while others might update rather quickly. Just to give a little better comparison as to when each update kicked in?
Just a thought :) still enjoying looking thru the history on this one
IcePack

EDIT: Thanks for adding the dates!
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Captain IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Re: The Leap Ladder - Last Updated 10/14/13

Postby lokisgal on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Immortal Assassins - (IA) are not listed?
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 121
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (3)

Postby Swifte on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:57 pm

lokisgal wrote:Immortal Assassins - (IA) are not listed?

Yeah we are... we're just way way low. Leap ladder just hasn't worked out for us. We will have to make our leap by defeating TSM in cc4 :D
Colonel Swifte
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 141
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (34) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (14)

Postby PaRKoN on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:20 pm

ACE will reach the podium after our winning against AFOS :D
Brigadier PaRKoN

Medals: 62
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby chemefreak on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Swifte wrote:
lokisgal wrote:Immortal Assassins - (IA) are not listed?

Yeah we are... we're just way way low. Leap ladder just hasn't worked out for us. We will have to make our leap by defeating TSM in cc4 :D

Yeah, IA is my example of why the Leap isn't the greatest indicator of rank! It is nice to see clans that are newer jump up (this will react much quicker than other systems).

BTW, I will be updating this mid-month-ish for Ice to use.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Captain chemefreak

Re: The Leap Ladder - Last Updated 11/15/13

Postby BoganGod on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Like this. So after we beat TOFU I will like it even more..... :lol:
Major BoganGod

Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (3)

Re: The Leap Ladder - Last Updated 12/16/13

Postby Leehar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Thanks for the update =D>

And I didn't even have to ask this time!
show
Brigadier Leehar
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 135
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (23) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (9)

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:02 pm

BoganGod wrote:Like this. So after we beat TOFU I will like it even more..... :lol:

When will that be then mate? ;)

Interesting format you've adopted cheme, deviating from the usual golf/squash/etc practice of the lower-ranked clan moving half the distance towards the higher-ranked in the event of a victory (e.g. If #32 beat #4 they would move up to #18 yet #4 stays where it is). They both have their merits - yours being more dynamic, whereas the traditional method is more-steeped in reality (in that the #32 ranked clan really isn't better than all those ranked from #4 thru #31 and simply got lucky on one occasion). I think that's why the traditional system is adopted more often, as it rules out the anomalies of freaky victories. Yours is perhaps more fun and appealing though.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
General Chariot of Fire

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (26)

Postby chemefreak on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Interesting format you've adopted cheme, deviating from the usual golf/squash/etc practice of the lower-ranked clan moving half the distance towards the higher-ranked in the event of a victory (e.g. If #32 beat #4 they would move up to #18 yet #4 stays where it is). They both have their merits - yours being more dynamic, whereas the traditional method is more-steeped in reality (in that the #32 ranked clan really isn't better than all those ranked from #4 thru #31 and simply got lucky on one occasion). I think that's why the traditional system is adopted more often, as it rules out the anomalies of freaky victories. Yours is perhaps more fun and appealing though.

I agree this is more dynamic. A few things:

I think it shows pretty accurately how long it has been since some of the top clans have beaten another top clan. IA being the prime example. There is no doubt they are a dominant clan, but it has been a long time since they beat anyone "better" than them (at least for ladder purposes).

Additionally, this system allowed a clan like ACE to jump quickly to where (or about where) they should be. Using the halving formula, I'm not sure they would be anywhere close to where they should be.

Finally, since it only includes clan wars (41+ games) there is less of a "luck" factor as somewhere along the way we determined that 41 games was the true measure of a clan. Right or wrong, there you go! Looking at the ladder, it definitely is not the end all be all of clan ranking systems. But I think it is a fun and interesting exercise, especially when looked at in conjunction with the other systems.

In my opinion, the biggest issue (flaw) that it has is that when a clan stumbles (either because of attrition, defection, or otherwise) the system cannot correct itself. So when 4-5 clans beat a higher ranked clan, after an event that has weakened that clan, you get some odd looking results. Then when you get an odd result and clans beat the clan that had the odd result, it creates even odder results!
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Captain chemefreak

Postby jpcloet on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:00 pm

It's nice to see things where they are now. Great job everyone involved.
Captain jpcloet

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Postby chemefreak on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:45 pm

jpcloet wrote:It's nice to see things where they are now. Great job everyone involved.

This post made my day.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Captain chemefreak

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:00 pm

chemefreak wrote:
jpcloet wrote:It's nice to see things where they are now. Great job everyone involved.

This post made my day.

+1 Hi Jp :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 142
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Re: The Leap Ladder - Last Updated 4/30/14

Postby chemefreak on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:04 pm

Leap Ladder has been updated. No particular reason, I just had time to do it! During this period, the Leap Ladder predicted the winner around 73% of the time.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Captain chemefreak

Next

Return to Clans