Conquer Club

[Official] Clan Events Schedule - New schedule to be publish

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Official] Clan Events Schedule - New schedule to be publish

Postby IcePack on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:18 pm

This will be updated periodically as a "living document"
Once events that are assumed to happen finalize their schedule, they will be updated from (A) to (S).
Any issues or updates needed, please contact IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Clan Events Schedule

Postby JPlo64 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:38 pm

Nice work, This is beneficial!
But... What are TRIBES?! :o :?:
Major JPlo64

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:42 pm

JPlo64 wrote:Nice work, This is beneficial!
But... What are TRIBES?! :o :?:

I guess you'll find out in August ;)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Updated Calendar.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:11 am

Updated 2015 & 2016 Calendars.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:45 am

Updated 2016 Calendar

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JPlo64 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:56 pm

RL6 is scheduled to go through April
Major JPlo64

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:36 am

JPlo64 wrote:RL6 is scheduled to go through April

Thank you, I'll have to update when I'm able to walk

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [Official] Clan Events Schedule

Postby IcePack on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Updated.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon May 02, 2016 11:00 pm

Updated

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:43 am

Any chance of a 2017 schedule please?
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby ScaryTeded on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:07 pm

[Official] Clan Events Schedule for 2017 any time soon..
Sergeant ScaryTeded

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:41 pm

archive
Last edited by IcePack on Tue May 22, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am

Running the CL & RL and Poly and 1v1 at the same time doesn't work, comps (pairs) are too similar, split them up by quarter of year, team/ individual/ team/ individual
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:26 am

Vid_FISO wrote:Running the CL & RL and Poly and 1v1 at the same time doesn't work, comps (pairs) are too similar, split them up by quarter of year, team/ individual/ team/ individual

The CC & CL are scheduled by the CD's. These events are scheduled in advance and are "official" tournaments.

As far as running CL + RL, I've penciled RL as "assumed" because 1) we don't schedule it 2) it hasn't been announced when / where RL8 will be, so I'm basing this info on past start dates. If they want to adjust RL to go thru the summer to avoid major conflicts w CL, it's a possibility.

Regarding 1vs1 & Poly, 1vs1 is scheduled & accepted. Poly is only assumed, not scheduled. Again this is just based on past schedule and not official which is why it's designed (A) and not (S). I know last time 1vs1 & poly tried going @ same time there wasn't enough interest, we are finishing poly and 1vs1 is starting. So I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd poly got delayed until after the 1vs1, but that remains to be seen.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:12 pm

SO, are those running the 'unofficial' events part of CD&F? Why is there no discussion regarding timing of events whether 'official' or not?
Major Vid_FISO

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:SO, are those running the 'unofficial' events part of CD&F? Why is there no discussion regarding timing of events whether 'official' or not?

There is a discussion in the CDF regarding schedules:

viewtopic.php?f=699&t=222148

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Well, this one was only about CL and RL.
Events like 1vs1 weren't discussed in CD&F, neither format nor schedule.

Maybe they shouldn't because they are run by anyone, and therefore just like regular non-clan tournaments, it's up to their organizer to decide how they are built and when they are played.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Donelladan wrote:Well, this one was only about CL and RL.

Maybe they shouldn't because they are run by anyone, and therefore just like regular non-clan tournaments, it's up to their organizer to decide how they are built and when they are played.

Given that the 1v1 failed to generate interest last year and this one is even less likely, maybe engaging with the potential entrants might actually be a good idea? :-)
Major Vid_FISO

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
Donelladan wrote:Well, this one was only about CL and RL.

Given that the 1v1 failed to generate interest last year and this one is even less likely, maybe engaging with the potential entrants might actually be a good idea? :-)

Don is correct, the organizers are free to do as much or as little outreach as they like - it's their event. Josko wanted a 1vs1 Event and liked a certain set up. He stepped up and discussed w Lindax the running of it through Tribe systems until Lx left, and I helped close the final details.

To be fair, the 1vs1 "failed to generate interest last year" as you said, but was also competing head to head w a brand new setting / event (poly) which caught people's interest more. Currently, there is no poly event scheduled and only assumed there might be one. Nobody has expressed interest in running it as far as I'm aware.

In the end, I think it's easy to be critical when someone else is doing all of the heavy lifting. They volunteer their time to set up and schedule events for everyone. There aren't many people who are able and even less who are willing to do the organization needed.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:35 pm

IcePack wrote:
In the end, I think it's easy to be critical when someone else is doing all of the heavy lifting. They volunteer their time to set up and schedule events for everyone. There aren't many people who are able and even less who are willing to do the organization needed.

True up to a point, but also an easy cop out to excuse lack of thought/ planning.
Major Vid_FISO

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
IcePack wrote:

True up to a point, but also an easy cop out to excuse lack of thought/ planning.

Not sure that it's an excuse or lack of thought or planning. Perhaps, different vision then what you have? Not everyone feels or thinks the same.

If you feel you can do better, then you can propose a Tournament / Event and schedule it more to your liking and see if people agree.

Otherwise it sounds like just being critical to the guy who stepped up to offer an event for others to enjoy.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:58 am

I think once josko came to Lindax/you with a set-up and the willingness to organize everything, it's understandable that you let him the freedom to decide how ( what setttings ) and when he organize the tournament.
But in general, tournament organizer for the clan world could also be made aware that it's better to let people aware of their schedule beforehand. Not sure if I am clear, but here suddenly we discover there will be a 1vs1 tournament in 2 weeks, without prior announcement that it was going to happen, and with a schedule already decided.
It could be better, I think, if josko had first announced that he was going to organize it and talk with clan leaders, and see if the time was suitable for us. Better for us to join and better for him to have a lot of participants. ( as long as people do reply him ofc ).
Colonel Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:10 am

Donelladan wrote:I think once josko came to Lindax/you with a set-up and the willingness to organize everything, it's understandable that you let him the freedom to decide how ( what setttings ) and when he organize the tournament.
But in general, tournament organizer for the clan world could also be made aware that it's better to let people aware of their schedule beforehand. Not sure if I am clear, but here suddenly we discover there will be a 1vs1 tournament in 2 weeks, without prior announcement that it was going to happen, and with a schedule already decided.
It could be better, I think, if josko had first announced that he was going to organize it and talk with clan leaders, and see if the time was suitable for us. Better for us to join and better for him to have a lot of participants. ( as long as people do reply him ofc ).

I can't speak of what the initial discussions were, or if Lx said a specific time period was better or not. By the time it got to me, it was nearly completed and was just ironing out last minute details before he posted the advertisement.

As the organizer, he might need to extend it to allow for more people to prep I dont know. Thats the sort of feedback you can provide him and he can take into consideration. I dont know when hes free or able, so I dont try to control the schedule unless theres a major conflict with something else going on. Since there wasn't, I leave that to him and let him & the clans decide / discuss.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:39 am

I waited until CL8 ended to schedule 1v1 event. CL8 had more than 20 participants, the most of all events, so I assumed all these clans will want to play in some other competition after CL8 ends with the free time which will be opened instead of used for CL8. Furthermore, two Leagues RL and CL start in September/October so this time of the year and upcoming summer is when there is the most free time for clans. Also don't forget that more than 10 clans will also b out of CCup by end of the April/May. 1v1 is offering a tournament to fill these gaps in having lower number of competitions than in September to April period.
Major josko.ri

Next

Return to Clan Archives