Conquer Club

[CL4] Clan League 4 - FINAL

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL4] Clan League 4

Postby josko.ri on Mon May 28, 2012 7:39 pm

reply to ahunda is here, because I think in this topic it would be offtopic: viewtopic.php?f=438&t=168624&p=3753009#p3753009:

ok cheme you are right, I am real Jackass (maybe this is the right way to speak with TO of CL4, I have feeling like they wish that everone always say that they are right and make clap clap clap).

But, Leehar is not Jackass, he was always been civil, good guy, and never had any controversy. he kindly asked you this question, but I feel like you ignored him. is there a reason for your ignoring him aswell?

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=161519&start=180#p3744899
Leehar wrote:Since most changes have been highlighted in Blue, it's an easy enough misrepresentation to make?
Otherwise how else are you gonna know if some rules have been added midway through and others have been there since the beginning?

And then whats with this discrepancy that some changes are allowed midway through, but others have to be suggested as implementations for CL5? :-s

If tiebreakers can be a prospective addition for phase 2 onwards, then why can't unlimited or other concerns also be implemented for the future phases?
Major josko.ri

Postby Foxglove on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Apologies if this has already been asked.

The Rules wrote:Players
Each round no one player should play more than 35% of the games, 4 game maximum per player per round.
No restriction on who plays in what game.
There needs to be a minimum of 10 different players per set

Does the 35% = 4 games max restriction only apply to phases 1 and 2? As phase 3 has more games per match up (18 vs 12), I assume a player can play in more than 4 games per round (it should be 6 games max)?

Thanks!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby WPBRJ on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Foxglove wrote:Apologies if this has already been asked.

Each round no one player should play more than 35% of the games, 4 game maximum per player per round.

Does the 35% = 4 games max restriction only apply to phases 1 and 2? As phase 3 has more games per match up (18 vs 12), I assume a player can play in more than 4 games per round (it should be 6 games max)?

Thanks!

yes phase 3 will be 6 max due to fact it will be 18 game sets
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby The Voice on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:12 pm

WPBRJ wrote:
Foxglove wrote:Apologies if this has already been asked.

Thanks!

yes phase 3 will be 6 max due to fact it will be 18 game sets

Good to know, thank you!
Major The Voice

Postby Qwert on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:20 pm

well from what i conclude so far qualify to Semifinal are

Division1
1-KORT
2-PACK
3-(still not 100% sure)
4-(still not 100% sure)

Division 2
1-IA
2-TFFS
3-MYT
4-OSA

Division 3
1-BOFM
2-LEG
3-WAR
4-OTP

Division 4
1-1RFG
2-FOED
3-TNC
4-TLW

Division 5
1-RA
2-MM
3-SOH
4-LOTZ
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:38 pm

ID for Div 2?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:I'm late to the CL4 thread, so I don't know about the discussion from before. However, if his posts show it wasn't there previously, and the text doesn't show up in blue showing that it is a new rule (which it does not) than how was he supposed to know when it was changed? The edit date just shows the last time that one was edited, it doesn't tell us what is changed.

I'm not sure why anyone would really need to know when there was a change. Apart from CDs exercising their role overseeing the event.

However, it would be interesting to know people's constructive feedback on the added 3-random-games unseperable-tie situation. Potentially, if clans involved play as slowly as some ofthe division one games then the whole league could suffer a major delay waiting for these games to play out :?: Any ideas for a quicker alternative appreciated - preferably in a thread related to season 5? Okay, so escalating random trips shouldn't take too long,but how about 1 v 1s? Much less time consuming for the whole league.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Add a 4th determining factor, e.g.

1st = points won
2nd = game winning %
3rd = head-to-head
4th = higher selection of random maps

It's one of the few things remaining that can draw some distinction between two clans without the need for playoff games. And if there are playoff games then I don't think making them 1v1s would be a very popular choice (unless you made the playoff 9 x 1v1s and had a rep from each clan play in each one so their destiny was shared collectively and not on the shoulders of one).
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Qwert on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Add a 4th determining factor, e.g.

1st = points won
2nd = game winning %
3rd = head-to-head
4th = higher selection of random maps

It's one of the few things remaining that can draw some distinction between two clans without the need for playoff games. And if there are playoff games then I don't think making them 1v1s would be a very popular choice (unless you made the playoff 9 x 1v1s and had a rep from each clan play in each one so their destiny was shared collectively and not on the shoulders of one).

well i think that its better to be -most away game wins,instead higher selection of random maps..

Leehar wrote:ID for Div 2?

yes, mine small mistake :-$
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 am

most away wins = good idea
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:52 pm

I only skimmed read but if there are 1v1s to determine any kind of deadlock then that is a joke..i do hope sarcasm was present
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:08 pm

This has been a great league to partake of :)
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Leehar on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:This has been a great league to partake of :)

And it's not over yet ;)
We still have an eye on the top prize! :D
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby arno30 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 am

copy/paste from the div4 thread...

Re: [CL4] Ph 2 Div 4 - Winner: 1RFG MVP: pmchugh

Postby arno30 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 am
sorry just curious, how is the MVP determined ? nothing written in the general thread of CL4...does he have to be in a team that qualify to round 3 ? does it include round 1 results ? cause i know 1 person in LHDD that have a better %win in round 2 than him. and maybe others in other team has too.
again, just curious
Major arno30

Postby angola on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 pm

I believe we did a minimum number of games played to help weed through the different win percentages.

So, while pmchugh didn't have the highest win percentage, he did for how many games he played.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby arno30 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 am

yes of course, sounds correct to me
Major arno30

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Can an organiser or somebody give me a definite on whene phase 3 div 1 begins?? I have been trying to get a straight answer for over a week now
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Re: [CL4] Clan League 4 - Player list updated

Postby Leehar on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Player list updated

Empire (EMP)

Primary Contact. Leehar

Secondary Contact. lord voldemort

Preliminary list of 10 players

1. jj3044
2. mkcummins
3. pimphawks
4. Ninja Champion
5. silverking8
6. netspyman
7. pconnolly365
8. swimmerdude99
9. The Voice
10. mudfighter
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Just wondering about the league/cup-tied rule:

Players can only play for 1 clan through the entire League season (Phases 1 to 4). If a player changes clans mid-season, he cannot play for the second clan, although he may still be able to qualify for a medal with the original clan.

For future seasons I bekleive this rule should stay but maybe with amendments - the season is long - the rule helps prevent too many transfers for opportunitistic reasons but also hinders players who move between clans in a more genuine way - maybe a player chaning clans ios notified to organisers, then he can play for the new clan after a set period of time (e.g. 2 months, rather than a tothe endof the season)???
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby jj3044 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:00 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Just wondering about the league/cup-tied rule:

Players can only play for 1 clan through the entire League season (Phases 1 to 4). If a player changes clans mid-season, he cannot play for the second clan, although he may still be able to qualify for a medal with the original clan.

For future seasons I bekleive this rule should stay but maybe with amendments - the season is long - the rule helps prevent too many transfers for opportunitistic reasons but also hinders players who move between clans in a more genuine way - maybe a player chaning clans ios notified to organisers, then he can play for the new clan after a set period of time (e.g. 2 months, rather than a tothe endof the season)???

I have to say that I agree... it really is unfortunate and I like the proposed solution. Or at the very least, thsoe who change clans because a clan has disbanded are eligible right away...
Colonel jj3044

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Perhaps there should be a one phase rule. If they participate phase 1 they miss 2 and participate in 3 etc.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jetsetwilly on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Updated Roster

Agents of Chaos (AOC)

Primary Contact: jetsetwilly

Secondary Contact: Nicky15

Preliminary list of 10 players

1. jetsetwilly
2. Nicky15
3. angola
4. hyposquasher
5. Qyu
6. Hook2
7. slickstm
8. Ccatman
9. NanoTheGreat
10. Jippd
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby peanutsdad on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 pm

jj3044 wrote:

I have to say that I agree... it really is unfortunate and I like the proposed solution. Or at the very least, thsoe who change clans because a clan has disbanded are eligible right away...

I will probably be in the minority on this one, but i disagree, I am in complete favor of keeping the rule as is. The only change i would support would be if a clan disbands, then those members that join other clans. they could be allowed to play right away. But as for leaving a clan that you've already participated in 1-2 phases with, then you should sit out the entire event.
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby TheMissionary on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 pm

peanutsdad wrote:
jj3044 wrote:

I will probably be in the minority on this one, but i disagree, I am in complete favor of keeping the rule as is. The only change i would support would be if a clan disbands, then those members that join other clans. they could be allowed to play right away. But as for leaving a clan that you've already participated in 1-2 phases with, then you should sit out the entire event.

I 100% agree with peanutsdad.
Captain TheMissionary

Postby Qwert on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:39 am

agree with peanuts,, if one player leave Clan, who dont qualify to next phase,and join clan who qualify to second phase, then you will have many players who will do this. This rule are good.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges