[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup!- Moved 2 Main Clan F

Postby benga on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:18 am

One Step Ahead - benga

Glad you took firm hand, rather then let this discuss into oblivion ;)

Hopefully we will be part of this longer then last year. :lol:
Private 1st Class benga

Medals: 173
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (16)
Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 am

benga wrote:
Glad you took firm hand, rather then let this discuss into oblivion ;)

I always do Benga. I try to value everyone's opinion and then make a strong decision that is the best for everyone and try to exclude my preferences as much as possible.

When starting this tournament. I recognized that was one major benefit I had over the rest of CLA. We had the ability to actually get things done and move forward because we didn't have to keep discussing things until everyone was pleased.
Brigadier Chuuuuck

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) General Contribution (1)

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Third post updated. We quickly have 6 clans signed up. I hope to see this number go up very quickly so everyone has a better idea of what the final number will look like.
Brigadier Chuuuuck

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) General Contribution (1)

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Clan wars in the round of 16 and the quarter finals of the Conqueror's Cup will use the following format:

- 61 total games
- 20 doubles
- 20 triples
- 20 quads
- Each clan member can only participate in 20 games per clan war
- Each clan will pick the map and settings for exactly half of the games.
- The 61st game will be Quads on World 2.1, sunny, chained, no spoils
- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)
- There will be no freestyle, speed, manual deployments, beta maps, or nuclear spoils games allowed

------------------------------------------------------
dont get me wrong,but if you have 32 clans,these mean that next round will be 61 clan war match?
I think that you need to start with quarterfinals,and put that round of 16 been 41 clan war chalenge.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 pm

qwert wrote:Clan wars in the round of 16 and the quarter finals of the Conqueror's Cup will use the following format:

- 61 total games
- 20 doubles
- 20 triples
- 20 quads
- Each clan member can only participate in 20 games per clan war
- Each clan will pick the map and settings for exactly half of the games.
- The 61st game will be Quads on World 2.1, sunny, chained, no spoils
- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)
- There will be no freestyle, speed, manual deployments, beta maps, or nuclear spoils games allowed

------------------------------------------------------
dont get me wrong,but if you have 32 clans,these mean that next round will be 61 clan war match?
I think that you need to start with quarterfinals,and put that round of 16 been 41 clan war chalenge.

That is how it was last year. I debated this in my own head. But as someone previously pointed out, the gap between 10-20 is much smaller than what it was last year.

Last year I had them play 41 because there was no way the clans from the 12-16 range were going to make close runs with 1-4 (or so it was presumed). This year I think it is more reasonable that there could be some close matches, so I would hate to see a lucky swing based off a small sample of 41 games.

I think the difference between the top clans and the 2nd tier clans (in the teens) last year, is about the same as the top clans compared to the third teir clans now (in the 20s). But I think the 2nd tier clans are more capable of playing close matches. This is what pushed me towards a larger round of 16 game.
Brigadier Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:15 pm

2nd post updated with how the bracket will work for a 35 clan tournament. Obviously play in games will be adjusted for more or less. If more, then the next lowest ranked clans in order (i.e. 29, 28, 27 etc.) will have play in games against the lower ranked teams in order going up (i.e.36, 37, 38 etc.) for the right to play the lower ranked teams they are currently matched against (i.e. 4, 5, 6 etc.).

Does just looking at a bracket like that not get you all excited? I think it clearly shows it is ANYONE'S tournament to win. It gets me pumped up!
Brigadier Chuuuuck

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:28 pm

MudPuppy wrote:Imperial Dragoons are in, please.

Primary Contact: 4 U 2 NV

Chuuuuck, you can put me down as secondary contact, please.
Brigadier MudPuppy

Medals: 102
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (8) General Contribution (1)

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Got it
Brigadier Chuuuuck

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Brethren of the Fat Mermaid would like in.

Myself and M.K.C88-90 will be contacts
Major Teflon Kris

Medals: 176
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (21) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (8)

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm

SOH, will be in. If we show up on the f-400!!

Contacts
Primary: Cookie0117
Secondary: PereiroSaus
Major cookie0117

Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby WPBRJ on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:36 pm

cookie0117 wrote:SOH, will be in. If we show up on the f-400!!

Contacts

showing up on the f-400 is not a qualification to join
Major WPBRJ

Medals: 88
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (8)

Postby josko.ri on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Giving my opinion about what can be done better:

"- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)"
This rule was used in CC1 and CC2 when number of maps were much lower than today. To show depth and overall skills of each clan, I suggest to make it that each clan can use any map only once. 61 maps to use is less than one of a third of all available maps, so there should not be problem to choose it, and we would get better indicator about every clan's overall skills.
Note: This opinion actually goes against my own clan, because we are the ones who often used a lot of map twice, but I really think this is good suggestion for clan world

"We will be playing with a "Cup Tied" rule, meaning once a player plays with any clan, they are tied to that clan and only that clan for the rest of the Cup."
I see that this rule stayed the same like in CC2, even with CC2 mid-discussion where it was concluded that the rule was not good and should be different. I just think better be 100% safe which kind of rule we wish regarding this right now, than discuss about it in the middle of the tournament, like we did in CC2.
Brigadier josko.ri

Medals: 108
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (18) Clan Achievement (18) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby WPBRJ on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:46 pm

josko.ri wrote:Giving my opinion about what can be done better:

"- Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (i.e. once for triples and once for quads)"
This rule was used in CC1 and CC2 when number of maps were much lower than today. To show depth and overall skills of each clan, I suggest to make it that each clan can use any map only once. 61 maps to use is less than one of a third of all available maps, so there should not be problem to choose it, and we would get better indicator about every clan's overall skills.
Note: This opinion actually goes against my own clan, because we are the ones who often used a lot of map twice, but I really think this is good suggestion for clan world

i really like this and agree 100%

it inst 61 it would actually be 30 maps per clan if there is a clan out there that can not come up with 30 maps maybe they should think about going social
Major WPBRJ

Medals: 88
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (8)

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm

josko.ri wrote:Giving my opinion about what can be done better:

"We will be playing with a "Cup Tied" rule, meaning once a player plays with any clan, they are tied to that clan and only that clan for the rest of the Cup."
I see that this rule stayed the same like in CC2, even with CC2 mid-discussion where it was concluded that the rule was not good and should be different. I just think better be 100% safe which kind of rule we wish regarding this right now, than discuss about it in the middle of the tournament, like we did in CC2.

I'd like to hear others opinions. Personally, I am leaning towards not changing the map rule. I see it going the other way as well. If you find a weakness of a clan, sometimes it is best to throw it at them twice.

I really have no opinion on cup tied. It is a long event. Things happen, people switch, or people quit the site. I just don't see players hopping around to be in the action being a major problem.
Brigadier Chuuuuck

Postby Rodion on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:59 pm

I like the Cup Tied rule. It can avoid major shenanigans such as clans "merging" just so eliminated players can have a 2nd shot.
General Rodion

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Rodion wrote:I like the Cup Tied rule. It can avoid major shenanigans such as clans "merging" just so eliminated players can have a 2nd shot.

I do agree with this. It is why the rule was originally there. We haven't had any real trouble with it though, and then the rule has only affected legitimate players who have switched clans and required them to sit out with their new clan for 6-9 months.
Brigadier Chuuuuck

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:
Rodion wrote:I like the Cup Tied rule. It can avoid major shenanigans such as clans "merging" just so eliminated players can have a 2nd shot.

I do agree with this. It is why the rule was originally there. We haven't had any real trouble with it though, and then the rule has only affected legitimate players who have switched clans and required them to sit out with their new clan for 6-9 months.

Maybe put some sort of veto thing in to where if the community thinks a clan is getting a mass influx of players from others clans to help themselves out they would not be allowed to use them.
Captain Crazyirishman

Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup! - Sign Up Now!!!

Postby Rodion on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Make it so that they are cup tied, but if they do join another clan they can be allowed to play as long as the opposing clan accepts it (and everytime they win and move forward they'll have to get permission from their next opponent).
General Rodion

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby chemefreak on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Rodion wrote:Make it so that they are cup tied, but if they do join another clan they can be allowed to play as long as the opposing clan accepts it (and everytime they win and move forward they'll have to get permission from their next opponent).

The CDs would prefer that "cup tied" be the rule. We don't want clans to have to be the "bad guy" for enforcing the rule. So everyone better get in the clan they want to be in...soon!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Major chemefreak

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (18)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (7)

Postby Keefie on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 pm

The cup tied rule must stay.
Major Keefie
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby deantursx on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:20 am

Manifest Destiny is in

Primary Contact: Deantursx
Secondary Contact: Viperoverlord

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:44 am

chemefreak wrote:
Rodion wrote:Make it so that they are cup tied, but if they do join another clan they can be allowed to play as long as the opposing clan accepts it (and everytime they win and move forward they'll have to get permission from their next opponent).

The CDs would prefer that "cup tied" be the rule. We don't want clans to have to be the "bad guy" for enforcing the rule. So everyone better get in the clan they want to be in...soon!

I do agree that the other clan shouldn't be involved. I have learned my lesson with that one. The new player may give the clan an advantage but the other clan looks like the bad guy if they don't allow it. I still think the intent of hte rule is to stop gross abuse by trading players or something just to get to the finals. Or merging clans, etc.

I would like to find a way to allow players to play who switch 6 months ago after only playing in the initial round, which we have seen happy a lot in the first two go-rounds.

Maybe everyone would be okay with just letting me use my own judgement in being unbias as possible. I can say for the most part I will allow players to play as long as everything seems legitimate and it appears to be a real switch. But I wouldn't allow any sort of mergers, or large number of pickups or anything
Brigadier Chuuuuck

Postby freakns on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 am

cup tied rule should stay. otherwise, we will see even more lurking from top clans(and lets not play dumb here, we all know this is happening)
Brigadier freakns

Medals: 63
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Dako on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 am

Make it that cup-tied person should skip one match of CCup. If his new clan wins - he is ok to play alongside them in the next round. It is both fair and good.
Brigadier Dako

Medals: 117
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (21) General Contribution (20)

Postby cookie0117 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:46 am

WPBRJ wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:SOH, will be in. If we show up on the f-400!!

Contacts

showing up on the f-400 is not a qualification to join

I know 2 completed challenges are. We have 6 and I would hate to be ranked last, as it puts us at a disadvantage of meeting a top clan very early on.
Major cookie0117

Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges