[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Semis underway

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:46 am

jetsetwilly wrote:Kort and aoc had already agreed not to play.


Got it. I think I missed that message somewhere. Thanks.
User avatar
Major Doc_Brown
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Alabama
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Semis underway

Postby Foxglove on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 am

No one has ever wanted to play in a 3rd place match.

It didn't happen in CC1, or CC2, and not in CC3. I hope that people don't pretend like it might happen for CC4.
General Foxglove
Head Thinker
Head Thinker
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:05 pm
Medals: 61
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (12)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Semis underway

Postby The Voice on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Foxglove wrote:No one has ever wanted to play in a 3rd place match.

It didn't happen in CC1, or CC2, and not in CC3. I hope that people don't pretend like it might happen for CC4.


We wanted to play in the 3rd place match, but couldn't convince our potential contenders to do so. I believe it was THOTA.
User avatar
Colonel The Voice
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Location, Location!
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Semis underway

Postby Foxglove on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:51 pm

The Voice wrote:
Foxglove wrote:No one has ever wanted to play in a 3rd place match.

It didn't happen in CC1, or CC2, and not in CC3. I hope that people don't pretend like it might happen for CC4.


We wanted to play in the 3rd place match, but couldn't convince our potential contenders to do so. I believe it was THOTA.


Oops, ok - 1/6 then. :)
General Foxglove
Head Thinker
Head Thinker
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:05 pm
Medals: 61
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (12)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Semis underway

Postby denthefrog on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:35 am

Kort and aoc had already agreed not to play.


just to confirm.
good luck to AFOS and Tofu in the final
Image
User avatar
General denthefrog
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Bag End, on my way to the misty mountains
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (3)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Semis underway

Postby hyposquasher on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Is that final underway? Link to the thread?
This image cannot be clicked.
Image

High Score: 3743 - 04-24-2014
User avatar
General hyposquasher
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Semis underway

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 pm

hyposquasher wrote:Is that final underway? Link to the thread?


Finals are under way. I'll ask Dako to update this thread. Link to the finals is here:
viewtopic.php?f=441&t=188805
User avatar
Major Doc_Brown
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Alabama
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Semis underway

Postby hyposquasher on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
hyposquasher wrote:Is that final underway? Link to the thread?


Finals are under way. I'll ask Dako to update this thread. Link to the finals is here:
viewtopic.php?f=441&t=188805


Thanks!
This image cannot be clicked.
Image

High Score: 3743 - 04-24-2014
User avatar
General hyposquasher
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Quarterfinals now

Postby Dako on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Semi-finals have been decided and we are into finals right now! It is quite interesting that both semi-final matches were upsets as underdogs have won! TOFU, who is seeded #4, won over #1 seeded KORT, while #10 seed AFOS took a glorious victory over #6 seed AOC! What a turn of events.

Final of CCup3 has already started with a slight lead of TOFU who drew first blood just yesterday. You can follor this thrilling battle in this thread.

OP has been updated.

Dako
Image
User avatar
Colonel Dako
 
Posts: 3946
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:07 am
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (20) General Contribution (20)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 am

What a pity some players can't accept defeat graciously and simply move on:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=442&t=183896&start=660#p4159650

And that's just the start of his ramblings. It gets better (angrier) on the next page.

Someone obviously doesn't like losing, and rather than simply accept it he'd prefer to pour scorn and ridicule on his vanquishers.
Image
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
User avatar
General Chariot of Fire
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Hong Kong
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (25)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby josko.ri on Sat May 04, 2013 8:37 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:What a pity some players can't accept defeat graciously and simply move on:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=442&t=183896&start=660#p4159650

And that's just the start of his ramblings. It gets better (angrier) on the next page.

Someone obviously doesn't like losing, and rather than simply accept it he'd prefer to pour scorn and ridicule on his vanquishers.

In next post in page 46 it is very well explained who can and who cannot (of you and me) accept defeat graciously.
I am very gracious in defeats, as it was shown in every my previous defeat. This one is different because it was not deserved on the board but rather received gift from the site in decisive 31st match. I know that truth and real presented facts hurt you my friend, but that is how it is ;)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Medals: 102
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (18) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat May 04, 2013 8:47 am

Doesn't hurt me Jockstrap, I'm in the final. Mwahahahaaaa! All these posts by you merely serve to highlight what a sore loser you are. Keep it up!
Image
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
User avatar
General Chariot of Fire
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Hong Kong
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (25)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby josko.ri on Sat May 04, 2013 8:58 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Doesn't hurt me Jockstrap, I'm in the final. Mwahahahaaaa! All these posts by you merely serve to highlight what a sore loser you are. Keep it up!

Hahaha, look what kind of post was just made by (self called) mature man, like some kid pointing fingers to other kid and say I have fruits, you dont have, mwahahahahaaa. Obviously, your conversation level will never be able to grow higher than kid brain. I know you tried to make me angry and overreacting but you just made me to regret you. So sad my friend, so sad. :roll:
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Medals: 102
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (18) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat May 04, 2013 9:20 am

Who said I was mature? I'm the biggest kid on the planet and this is a game site in case you'd forgotten.

I just happen to be a wealthy, spoiled kid who's good at business.

I'm tired of you now, goodbye
Image
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
User avatar
General Chariot of Fire
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Hong Kong
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (25)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby eddie2 on Sun May 05, 2013 3:52 am

i hate to say it josko. but do you remember a small incident in one of the cups or leagues cannot remember which one. where kort took something like 6 games off of tofu because they fielded a player extra times.. where was the honor there with what kort did ???

Do you not think that if kort acted differently with that result then tofu would of with this decision, you see when you do something outrageous it will always come back and kick you in the teeth. everything you are saying now is everything they were saying then but you did not change your minds.. ;)
Image
User avatar
Sergeant eddie2
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby josko.ri on Sun May 05, 2013 4:51 am

eddie2 wrote:i hate to say it josko. but do you remember a small incident in one of the cups or leagues cannot remember which one. where kort took something like 6 games off of tofu because they fielded a player extra times.. where was the honor there with what kort did ???

Do you not think that if kort acted differently with that result then tofu would of with this decision, you see when you do something outrageous it will always come back and kick you in the teeth. everything you are saying now is everything they were saying then but you did not change your minds.. ;)

On that time we advanced by TOFU's mistake and gift received from them so they suffered and we profited for their own mistake. This time KORT did not do any mistake, so TOFU profited and KORT suffered because of mistake from third party. That is one big difference between 2 cases that you are now putting in the same comparison line.

Also, nobody from TOFU congratulated on that time to KORT (everyone flamed KORT with ratings, calling us by abusive names, crying for years in forums...), and now everyone from TOFU is expecting that all our players congratulate to them for their "win" gifted from the site. You see, I am the one who did not congratulate but rather put my own opinion that they did not deserve the win as playing conditions were not equal and that non-equality directly influenced final result, and you see because of that I am now flamed from many TOFU members (including the other thread) and called by low honor names, and I am just pointing out the plain and true fact that their win was gift from the site, which is obviously too hard for them to hear. I know it much better sounds clap clap clap, but for what I should clap, for showing great ability to accept the gift from the site, but that is not something I plan to clap for.

If you say everything what I say now is everything they said then, why then they flame me because of that? When they were speaking so, it was normal and acceptable, but when I speak the same, it is sore losing. Something is weird in this logic, isn't it?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Medals: 102
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (18) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby eddie2 on Sun May 05, 2013 5:41 am

josko.ri wrote:
eddie2 wrote:i hate to say it josko. but do you remember a small incident in one of the cups or leagues cannot remember which one. where kort took something like 6 games off of tofu because they fielded a player extra times.. where was the honor there with what kort did ???

Do you not think that if kort acted differently with that result then tofu would of with this decision, you see when you do something outrageous it will always come back and kick you in the teeth. everything you are saying now is everything they were saying then but you did not change your minds.. ;)

On that time we advanced by TOFU's mistake and gift received from them so they suffered and we profited for their own mistake. This time KORT did not do any mistake, so TOFU profited and KORT suffered because of mistake from third party. That is one big difference between 2 cases that you are now putting in the same comparison line.

Also, nobody from TOFU congratulated on that time to KORT (everyone flamed KORT with ratings, calling us by abusive names, crying for years in forums...), and now everyone from TOFU is expecting that all our players congratulate to them for their "win" gifted from the site. You see, I am the one who did not congratulate but rather put my own opinion that they did not deserve the win as playing conditions were not equal and that non-equality directly influenced final result, and you see because of that I am now flamed from many TOFU members (including the other thread) and called by low honor names, and I am just pointing out the plain and true fact that their win was gift from the site, which is obviously too hard for them to hear. I know it much better sounds clap clap clap, but for what I should clap, for showing great ability to accept the gift from the site, but that is not something I plan to clap for.

If you say everything what I say now is everything they said then, why then they flame me because of that? When they were speaking so, it was normal and acceptable, but when I speak the same, it is sore losing. Something is weird in this logic, isn't it?


please where did i flame you, all i said was that your decision to take (after looking back at it) a 21 game forfeit for 1 game overplayed in ccup1 would of been the deciding factor of tofu not giving you this decision and a replay. if it was any other clan they were facing i am sure they would of done the right thing..
Image
User avatar
Sergeant eddie2
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby josko.ri on Tue May 07, 2013 8:03 am

eddie2 wrote:please where did i flame you, all i said was that your decision to take (after looking back at it) a 21 game forfeit for 1 game overplayed in ccup1 would of been the deciding factor of tofu not giving you this decision and a replay. if it was any other clan they were facing i am sure they would of done the right thing..

eddie, read again, I didn't say you flamed me, I said that many TOFU members flamed me. As far as I know, you are not TOFU member.

About your other argument, I disagree because only one of those 2 solutions are possible:

1. If you are right and they really made this decision because of past history with KORT in our first war, then it means Denise as official contact was liar when she said reasons for her decision to not replay the game. link: viewtopic.php?f=442&t=183896&start=510#p4093151
Denise wrote:Just so everyone has the facts, my part in the decision not to replay the game was based on the fairness of that decision to both clans and the circumstances of the game in question only.

2. If you are wrong then it means they would do the same decision vs every other clan they played. It is also obvious from further part of Denise's post.
Denise wrote:I did not bring into it history, Josko's accusations, or our likelihood of a win in this war.


I do not think Denise was liar in her post, so in my opinion correct is option (2), which means your statement is wrong and they would do the same decision vs every other clan.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Medals: 102
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (18) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby jetsetwilly on Tue May 07, 2013 8:18 am

For the record the clans voted 25 to 5 in favour of no replays for site bugs for any future issues like this one. Whilst appreciating that that it's going to hurt if it happens to them, the vast majority felt this was the right thing to do. If the 2 clans both agree to a replay then that's fine.

So while they were not being asked to vote on this particular occurrence it would seem that most are in line with the views of the CD's and the admins.
Image
User avatar
Colonel jetsetwilly
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 am
Location: United Kingdom
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (12) General Contribution (2)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby josko.ri on Tue May 07, 2013 9:19 am

jetsetwilly wrote:For the record the clans voted 25 to 5 in favour of no replays for site bugs for any future issues like this one. Whilst appreciating that that it's going to hurt if it happens to them, the vast majority felt this was the right thing to do. If the 2 clans both agree to a replay then that's fine.

So while they were not being asked to vote on this particular occurrence it would seem that most are in line with the views of the CD's and the admins.

Since you allowed in the voting option to still replay if the 2 clans agree to do it, then it is logical vast majority voted for no making a rule of "always replay game influenced by site glitch". Most clans believe in fair play in competitions (who normal would participate in some competition if he thinks that there is no fair play in the competition?) so since in the voting it was allowed option to still replay if both clans in question agree, it is logically that voters who believe in fair play voted for no replays by default.

By plain logic, if you set up vote for "Yes replay" or "No replay", BUT under some fair play circumstances "No" can be "Yes", then of course nobody who think "No" will not vote for "Yes", but somebody who believes in fair play and think "Yes" will vote for "No". That is why the voting options were set up wrong in this case. If you want representative result of players' opinion, then it should be set up plain "Yes" or "No", without exceptions. I believe result of voting will be different in that case.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Medals: 102
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (18) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby Denise on Tue May 07, 2013 10:53 am

josko.ri wrote:I do not think Denise was liar in her post...

Wow, just when I am about to hit Josko with an exaggerated indignation post, he counters with a non-liar accusation. :shock: He really knows how to fight dirty! ;)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Denise
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 am
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17)
Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby comic boy on Tue May 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Denise wrote:
josko.ri wrote:I do not think Denise was liar in her post...

Wow, just when I am about to hit Josko with an exaggerated indignation post, he counters with a non-liar accusation. :shock: He really knows how to fight dirty! ;)


Not just fight dirty , you really dont want to see the state of his diapers :roll:
Im a TOFU miSfit
User avatar
Brigadier comic boy
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: London
Medals: 28
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby jj3044 on Tue May 07, 2013 9:15 pm

josko.ri wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:For the record the clans voted 25 to 5 in favour of no replays for site bugs for any future issues like this one. Whilst appreciating that that it's going to hurt if it happens to them, the vast majority felt this was the right thing to do. If the 2 clans both agree to a replay then that's fine.

So while they were not being asked to vote on this particular occurrence it would seem that most are in line with the views of the CD's and the admins.

Since you allowed in the voting option to still replay if the 2 clans agree to do it, then it is logical vast majority voted for no making a rule of "always replay game influenced by site glitch". Most clans believe in fair play in competitions (who normal would participate in some competition if he thinks that there is no fair play in the competition?) so since in the voting it was allowed option to still replay if both clans in question agree, it is logically that voters who believe in fair play voted for no replays by default.

By plain logic, if you set up vote for "Yes replay" or "No replay", BUT under some fair play circumstances "No" can be "Yes", then of course nobody who think "No" will not vote for "Yes", but somebody who believes in fair play and think "Yes" will vote for "No". That is why the voting options were set up wrong in this case. If you want representative result of players' opinion, then it should be set up plain "Yes" or "No", without exceptions. I believe result of voting will be different in that case.

Most every other clan "decision" can be changed if both clans agree in a war. So as that prescient exists already, it doesn't make sense to have "no exceptions".

How are we still talking about this again? :?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier jj3044
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:22 pm
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (23)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 pm

If it was a game in which each team had a 50/50 chance of winning and a glitch occurred then I don't think any clan would have a problem agreeing to a remake if the glitch made a big difference to the course of play.

If it is a game where one team has an 80%+ chance of winning due to the advantage it has already secured prior to the site glitch (notwithstanding a missed turn by the other team whilst holding a set which would have changed the game entirely) then I think it unreasonable to expect that game to be replayed, or even request it to be replayed.
Image
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
User avatar
General Chariot of Fire
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Hong Kong
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (25)

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Final has started

Postby Master Fenrir on Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 pm

josko.ri wrote:like some kid pointing fingers to other kid and say I have fruits, you dont have, mwahahahahaaa.

This made me laugh so hard that I had to see if a picture existed to fit my mental image. Pretty damn close.

Image
Image
User avatar
General Master Fenrir
 
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:40 am
Medals: 109
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (14) General Contribution (11)

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agent 86

cron
Login