[CC4] RA (29) vs ATL (32) - Final 11/15

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC4] RA (18) vs ATL (25)

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:49 pm

BoganGod wrote:
Gustaf Wasa wrote:Props to all posters who know that irony is not sarcasm, but has an entirely different meaning.

Would it be ironic if your above post was meant to be sarcastic rather than instructional.?

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? Just a little too ironic. Yeah, I really do think.

It's like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you've already paid. It's the good advice that you just didn't take. Who would have thought? It figures.

An old man turned ninety-eight; he won the lottery and died the next day. It's a black fly in your Chardonnay, it's a death-row pardon two minutes too late. And isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you. Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out.
General Gustaf Wasa

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)

Re: [CC4] RA (21) vs ATL (25)

Postby Doc_Brown on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 am

Major Doc_Brown

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (2)

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I know that most of the examples in Alanis Morrisette's song are not actually examples of irony. I don't need to go to the Huffington Post rag for that, I read the Is It Ironic website, where there is a whole page about that song: http://www.isitironic.com/alanis-morissette.htm If you want to say that I am wrong about something, take the time to type out an argument for that opinion instead of just linking to some page to do it for you.

Anyway: is ironic that a song about irony doesn't contain many examples of irony, as Alanis Morrissette also acknowledged
General Gustaf Wasa

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Are we there yet? Leave Alanis alone and rush your turns.
Brigadier betiko

Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Postby BoganGod on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:38 am

betiko wrote:Are we there yet? Leave Alanis alone and rush your turns.

Kiss the bunny between the ears, take your AD/HD meds, and quit sending me pictures of your sister(I know it isn't your sister, the lack of facial hair and no harelip is a give away).

You know the more you say hurry, the slower RA goes. Is this a strategy on your part? I think your scared to face us or them, and are trying to buy extra time to do more research.
Major BoganGod

Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (3)

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:42 am

BoganGod wrote:
betiko wrote:Are we there yet? Leave Alanis alone and rush your turns.

Kiss the bunny between the ears, take your AD/HD meds, and quit sending me pictures of your sister(I know it isn't your sister, the lack of facial hair and no harelip is a give away).

You know the more you say hurry, the slower RA goes. Is this a strategy on your part? I think your scared to face us or them, and are trying to buy extra time to do more research.

I did send you a picture of my sister with facial hair man (she is known as the bearded lady in in a very well known european freak show)... Hard to please you kiwis with such wool standards! 8-[
Brigadier betiko

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Postby BoganGod on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:03 am

betiko wrote:I did send you a picture of my sister with facial hair like a greek man (she is known as the petite beauté barbu in in a very well known eurovison fashion show)... Hard to please you kiwis with such wool standards! 8-[

If you were trying to please me, you wouldn't send me pictures like that. Have you any idea how expensive it is keep on replacing your monitor. That picture of you in your sister's crotchless chain-mail girdle is a very effective weight loss aid. Lost everything I had eaten the past day.
Major BoganGod

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am

BoganGod wrote:
betiko wrote:I did send you a picture of my sister with facial hair like a greek man (she is known as the petite beauté barbu in in a very well known eurovison fashion show)... Hard to please you kiwis with such wool standards! 8-[

If you were trying to please me, you wouldn't send me pictures like that. Have you any idea how expensive it is keep on replacing your monitor. That picture of you in your sister's crotchless chain-mail girdle is a very effective weight loss aid. Lost everything I had eaten the past day.

well how can I please you bogan? damn, you're such a complicated man to satisfy! Not even this? i picked a few sheepgirls and I tattooed numbers on them to make it more authentic! (i'm not sure it's real wool though!)

Brigadier betiko

Re: [CC4] RA (22) vs ATL (26)

Postby BoganGod on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Click go the shears boys, click click click.....(part of the chorus of a traditional aussie song, Australia has more sheep than NZ, they are all just ugly and dirty)

Betiko, by now you should know the way to please me is to displease me. Maybe join the new social user group that I'm starting for the benefit of stotzi and janomike(who haven't joined yet :roll: )
Major BoganGod

Re: [CC4] RA (24) vs ATL (26)

Postby stotzi on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:10 am

LOL, what social user group??!
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel stotzi

Medals: 19
Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (2)

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:18 am

Yes tell me more! :)

Otherwise, 24-26, this is really close! I m asking it seriously this time, can we get an insider s forecast? What happened with violet s misscount, does the actual score reflects a penalty?
Brigadier betiko

Postby stotzi on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 am

I think of my 6 open games against ATL, we (RA) will win 3 and lose 2, one is undecided in my opinion.

I don't know anything concerning the miscount.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel stotzi

Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:39 am

uh, actually it's written in the OP, the tiebreaker is considered as a RA loss by forfeit, so the 24v26 already reflects it (and technically ATL just won 1 more game).

So RA needs to win 7/11 from those, looks pretty uphill, init? Stotzi, if you consider 2 as already lost, you guys can afford just 2 other losses.

let me put my forecasts:

show: RA Round 3 Home Games

show: ATL Round 3 Home Games

looks like RA can still make it winning all 3 undecided.
Last edited by betiko on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brigadier betiko

Postby Janomike on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 am

We will most likely win 5-6 of the remaining games not more im afraid.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3)
Training Achievement (2)

Postby shaneback on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 am

Das Schloss Game 13371053 is replaced by Game 13434017

The OP still shows the wrong game.
Click image to enlarge.
Major shaneback

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (1)

Postby Genoke on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:24 am

betiko wrote:Yes tell me more! :)

Otherwise, 24-26, this is really close! I m asking it seriously this time, can we get an insider s forecast? What happened with violet s misscount, does the actual score reflects a penalty?

there wasn't a penalty, but we had to choose between one of the games with 'janomike' to be remade. I've decided to remake the das schloss game (unfortunately without any labels, but pm'd cheme about it, without reaction, so i think it's ok)
The new game number has already been mentioned here in the war thread @ 11 oct
Genoke wrote:Game 13371053 is replaced by Game 13434017

maybe we can add this information in the first post?

though hasn't been changed in the first post yet
that game is still undecided.
My CC:
show
Colonel Genoke

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (20) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 pm

So why is the tie breaker forfeited and the win given to atlantis? I thought that covered the miscount thingy. So the miscount = tiebreaker forfait + das schloss replayed?
Brigadier betiko

Postby Genoke on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:17 pm

betiko wrote:So why is the tie breaker forfeited and the win given to atlantis? I thought that covered the miscount thingy. So the miscount = das schloss replayed?

tiebreaker forfait = read first page...

advice: read all the pages, then you don't have to ask questions anymore. :mrgreen:
My CC:
show
Colonel Genoke

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (20) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Genoke wrote:
betiko wrote:So why is the tie breaker forfeited and the win given to atlantis? I thought that covered the miscount thingy. So the miscount = das schloss replayed?

advice: read all the pages, then you don't have to ask questions anymore. :mrgreen:

Op says tie breaker forfait and win given to atlantis. It also gives a das schloss link to a different game (from what i understand, this one was the one chosen to be replayed by atlantis because of the miscount). So no, it s not clear, sounds like there were 2 penalties. You guys might have discussed this stuff in the ncc4 thread that i don t bother reading, as it s not the war i m interested in. I haven t seen explanation in this thread.
Brigadier betiko

Postby shaneback on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 pm

betiko wrote:
Genoke wrote:

Op says tie breaker forfait and win given to atlantis. It also gives a das schloss link to a different game (from what i understand, this one was the one chosen to be replayed by atlantis because of the miscount). So no, it s not clear, sounds like there were 2 penalties. You guys might have discussed this stuff in the ncc4 thread that i don t bother reading, as it s not the war i m interested in. I haven t seen explanation in this thread.

What you said is correct, there were 2 penalties.
Click image to enlarge.
Major shaneback

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (1)

Re: [CC4] RA (24) vs ATL (27)

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:34 am

VioIet wrote:

Trips
Das Schloss- Remake Pending

The remake Game 13434017 is in round 7, not quite what anyone would call 'pending' !
Captain Teflon Kris

Medals: 174
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (20) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (8)

Postby stotzi on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:48 am

I also would appreciate an update of the game link in Vio's first post, so that neutral followers (or the people who do the statistics for their clans ;) ) will follow the correct games.

Nevertheless it is my honest opinion that a dumb, but not sooooo grave mistake - sorry Vio ;) - of one person leads to a double penalty concerning the whole clan is extreme. It contradicts the pupose of the site: to be entertainment and fun.
I, personally, would have given ATL an option: To freely choose a game with Janomike (who had too much games) after a certain number of days, e.g. 7 (so that one can see how the games are developping), and to demand a rematch for it.

I want to point out that it is absolutely necessary to penalize violations of the rules! Nobody of RA would have considered a rematch of ATLs choice unfair! I also want to point out that this is not meant as a verbal attack against ATL, who have the right to bring up violations of rules of their opponents. It have been the judges who have been overreacting in my opinion.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel stotzi

Postby Donelladan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 am

You know you didnt lose the tie-breaker because Janomike was in too many games?
You know you received two penalties because you "broke" two different rules ?

You lost the tie breaker because you, RA, had to forfeit one game to ATL because Violet create this topic too late.

Sry to intervene in a topic I have nothing to do, just trying to give you some explanations as far as I understand what happened here.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Donelladan

Medals: 86
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (13) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby stotzi on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:51 am

Ah, thank you. No, I appreciate your input. I do not understand, and I don't want to bury in old wounds, why had it to be VioIet to create this topic? Why then gave the judge such a big advantage to Atlantis? Have we been the home team in this fight, responsible like a soccer club for his football field? When giving 1 game as forfeit to the other team, this makes for a difference of +2 between the two teams, therefore the punishment has not only been a penalty for us (which is adequate, if we have been the home team or something like that, responsible for the topic), but also a reward for the other team. I do not see the action which would have earned Atlantis such a reward in this case, but I see my information seems to be limited. Would it not have been more just if 1 game would be subtracted from our score (without adding 1 to Atlantis' score)?

This is interesting. I do not think that many of my clanmates know as much as you said in your former message, Donelladan. Generally naturally two violations must be followed by two penalties, adequate and fair penalties of course.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel stotzi

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges