Conquer Club

C.C. THOTA vs. Nemesis [21-20] THOTA Prevails! [FINAL]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: C.C. THOTA vs. Nemesis [19-18] Down to the wire

Postby RiskTycoon on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:25 pm

i love it :!: :D
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby cpurcell on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:47 pm

By the way, that was serious, not meant to be taken sarcastically...

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Incandenza on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:37 pm

cpurcell wrote:Jeeze Inca, a bit touchy are we? I only heard one side of the complaint, and I was speaking in jest. Take it easy, I'm not saying you guys don't have skill, or deserve the win, or are only beating us by luck :?

---C

I always enjoy the "I was just kidding, why are you taking it so seriously?!?!" cop-out.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Commander62890 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Sorry, I haven't been following attentively... Assuming Nemesis wins 3rd Crusade, they also need to win Benelux to tie?
Major Commander62890

Postby Incandenza on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:47 pm

Commander62890 wrote:Sorry, I haven't been following attentively... Assuming Nemesis wins 3rd Crusade, they also need to win Benelux to tie?

Yes, tho they haven't closed the door in 3rd crusade just yet as far as I know.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby cpurcell on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:56 am

Incandenza wrote:
cpurcell wrote:Jeeze Inca, a bit touchy are we? I only heard one side of the complaint, and I was speaking in jest. Take it easy, I'm not saying you guys don't have skill, or deserve the win, or are only beating us by luck :?

---C

I always enjoy the "I was just kidding, why are you taking it so seriously?!?!" cop-out.

Oh lord man, at this stage of the challenge, I'm very relaxed. I guess I made the mistake of thinking that others were as well. My intention was never to piss you off O:)

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby pmchugh on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:06 am

Incandenza wrote:

---C

Whatever, we've never disrespected any of you're guys skill and the same can't be said the other way round. I have no problem with you at all, just can we please concentrate on the fact this has been a fantastic challenge, one of the best in the cup so far IMO rather than get into who's assault cubes were more intense.

Incandenza wrote:
Commander62890 wrote:Sorry, I haven't been following attentively... Assuming Nemesis wins 3rd Crusade, they also need to win Benelux to tie?

Yes, tho they haven't closed the door in 3rd crusade just yet as far as I know.

Yeah as far as I've heard that game is nowhere near over.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Incandenza on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 am

I just don't think you guys have any appreciation for how bloody annoying it is to be rolling well (not anymore, but a couple of turns ago) and to make zero progress because A) the opposition is rolling just as well and B) they dropped a goddamn bonus so we were behind the 8-ball from the word go. So perhaps you can appreciate why I'd be a bit touchy, especially since my dice have gone south and your boys' are marching ever onward.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby pmchugh on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:20 am

Incandenza wrote:I just don't think you guys have any appreciation for how bloody annoying it is to be rolling well (not anymore, but a couple of turns ago) and to make zero progress because A) the opposition is rolling just as well and B) they dropped a goddamn bonus so we were behind the 8-ball from the word go. So perhaps you can appreciate why I'd be a bit touchy, especially since my dice have gone south and your boys' are marching ever onward.

Haha, im pretty sure everyone here can appreciate how "bloody annoying" this game can be at times.
Major pmchugh

Postby freakns on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:31 am

Incandenza wrote:I just don't think you guys have any appreciation for how bloody annoying it is to be rolling well (not anymore, but a couple of turns ago) and to make zero progress because A) the opposition is rolling just as well and B) they dropped a goddamn bonus so we were behind the 8-ball from the word go. So perhaps you can appreciate why I'd be a bit touchy, especially since my dice have gone south and your boys' are marching ever onward.

and what do you think how annoying it was for us then, as we:
A- got perfect drop and bonus
B- started first
C- got perfect rolls to start with
D- had this game in our hands at least 4 or 5 times just to be denied every single time with insane rolls you lads got
??? :D and on top of all that, hatch was actually pissed at rolls :lol:

anyhow, if there is justice in CC this game should be tie, as none team made any error... but as there is no tie in CC, rolls will announce the winners eventually :)
Brigadier freakns

Postby trapyoung on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 am

freakns wrote:anyhow, if there is justice in CC this game should be tie, as none team made any error... but as there is no tie in CC, rolls will announce the winners eventually :)

Well freakns, there's the first error. I guess CC's grammar police will notify customer-dice relations and sway this in Thota's favor because of your grammatical faux pas. Congrats are still in order, you guys almost had it
Colonel trapyoung

Postby freakns on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:00 am

trapyoung wrote:
freakns wrote:anyhow, if there is justice in CC this game should be tie, as none team made any error... but as there is no tie in CC, rolls will announce the winners eventually :)

Well freakns, there's the first error. I guess CC's grammar police will notify customer-dice relations and sway this in Thota's favor because of your grammatical faux pas. Congrats are still in order, you guys almost had it

poprilicno sam siguran da moje poznavanje engleskog jezika nadilaze tvoje poznavanja srpskog jezika. zapravo, nisam siguran da ti znas i sta znaci srpski jezik... ali ok, nastavi da se trudis.

you got it? nah, im pretty sure you never had it...
Brigadier freakns

Re: C.C. THOTA vs. Nemesis [18-18] Down to the wire

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 am

OlJock99 wrote:Conquer Club: Serious Business. 8-)

At times it can be. :lol:
General Blitzaholic

Postby OlJock99 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:33 am

Hey Blitz, congrats on getting the red dot back!! =D> =D>
Major OlJock99

Postby trapyoung on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:13 pm

freakns wrote:poprilicno sam siguran da moje poznavanje engleskog jezika nadilaze tvoje poznavanja srpskog jezika. zapravo, nisam siguran da ti znas i sta znaci srpski jezik... ali ok, nastavi da se trudis.

Well maybe you're better able to speak English than I can speak Serbian, but maybe you shouldn't assume I can't understand it. Shvatiti?
Colonel trapyoung

Postby Incandenza on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:52 pm

freakns wrote:

and what do you think how annoying it was for us then, as we:
A- got perfect drop and bonus
B- started first
C- got perfect rolls to start with
D- had this game in our hands at least 4 or 5 times just to be denied every single time with insane rolls you lads got
??? :D and on top of all that, hatch was actually pissed at rolls :lol:

anyhow, if there is justice in CC this game should be tie, as none team made any error... but as there is no tie in CC, rolls will announce the winners eventually :)

Fair enough, tho hatch's rolls have been pretty bogue most of the game, lotsa 1-3s in situations where a 4-0 would've put us waaaay ahead. Both teams have had their chances, only to be scuttled by the dice one way or the other. Game looks to be at another tipping point since I'm 1-7 in my last two rounds, but it ain't over yet. 8-)

Colonel Incandenza

Postby OlJock99 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:50 pm

So, assuming a tie breaker is needed, is ONE classic trips REALLY enough to determine the winner of this epic?? :mrgreen:
Major OlJock99

Postby chemefreak on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:30 pm

trapyoung wrote:
freakns wrote:poprilicno sam siguran da moje poznavanje engleskog jezika nadilaze tvoje poznavanja srpskog jezika. zapravo, nisam siguran da ti znas i sta znaci srpski jezik... ali ok, nastavi da se trudis.

Well maybe you're better able to speak English than I can speak Serbian, but maybe you shouldn't assume I can't understand it. Shvatiti?

Long live trapyoung! I think you should report this post trap. It sounds like a personal attack to me ;)
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Scott-Land on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:11 pm

That's spot on to my games in our challenge-- frustrating as hell. Suppose it's the downside of playing a game where chance is involved.
Major Scott-Land

Postby freakns on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:36 pm

trapyoung wrote:

maybe, but im still going to assume you dont understand serbian. and that last question is showing it.
but im not going to play grammar police here. your first statement, made without trying to find out is english my native language, showing your ignorance. so i really dont need to put any effort in showing your stupidity, you can do that without any help.
Brigadier freakns

Postby pmchugh on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:00 pm

freakns wrote:
trapyoung wrote:

maybe, but im still going to assume you dont understand serbian. and that last question is showing it.
but im not going to play grammar police here. your first statement, made without trying to find out is english my native language, showing your ignorance. so i really dont need to put any effort in showing your stupidity, you can do that without any help.

You don't need a comma if you say "but" :P
Major pmchugh

Postby Incandenza on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:10 pm

pmchugh wrote:
freakns wrote:
trapyoung wrote:

You should have put a period at the end of that sentence. :P

Colonel Incandenza

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:20 pm

pmchugh wrote:
freakns wrote:
trapyoung wrote:

Yes, you do. ;)
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby cpurcell on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:21 pm

pmchugh wrote:
freakns wrote:
trapyoung wrote:

Yeah you do...

---C
Major cpurcell

Postby pmchugh on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 pm

cpurcell wrote:
pmchugh wrote:
freakns wrote:
trapyoung wrote:

Yeah you do...

---C

There was intended irony 8-[
Major pmchugh

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges