Conquer Club

C.C. THOTA vs. Nemesis [21-20] THOTA Prevails! [FINAL]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: C.C. THOTA vs. Nemesis [19-18] Down to the wire

Postby cpurcell on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:02 pm

pmchugh wrote:There was intended irony 8-[

That all gets lost by using this form of communication.

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Blitzaholic on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:24 pm

OlJock99 wrote:Hey Blitz, congrats on getting the red dot back!! =D> =D>

thx

OlJock99 wrote:So, assuming a tie breaker is needed, is ONE classic trips REALLY enough to determine the winner of this epic?? :mrgreen:

one game doesn't seem to do much justice, I agree with you OlJock99.
General Blitzaholic

Postby OlJock99 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:

Here is MY suggestion (haven't discussed with Nemesis, so for what it is worth...)

Best of 3 trips. Maps selected by impartial panel (maybe Chuuuuck, Lindax, & hiddendragon as all are out of the tourney). Settings selected by the panel (I vote chained, fog and no spoils! :mrgreen: ). No repeated players (e.g. 9 from THOTA and 9 from Nemesis).

Thoughts??
Major OlJock99

Postby cpurcell on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:01 pm

OlJock99 wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:

Here is MY suggestion (haven't discussed with Nemesis, so for what it is worth...)

Best of 3 trips. Maps selected by impartial panel (maybe Chuuuuck, Lindax, & hiddendragon as all are out of the tourney). Settings selected by the panel (I vote chained, fog and no spoils! :mrgreen: ). No repeated players (e.g. 9 from THOTA and 9 from Nemesis).

Thoughts??

I must say that that sounds very fair, unless of course one clan isn't strong at trips... Anywho, can't wait to see what others have to say.

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby OlJock99 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 pm

cpurcell wrote:
I must say that that sounds very fair, unless of course one clan isn't strong at trips... Anywho, can't wait to see what others have to say.

---C

Looks like trips were 8-6 in favor of THOTA and quads being 7-5 in favor of THOTA. Pretty even in my book. :geek:
Major OlJock99

Postby cpurcell on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 pm

OlJock99 wrote:
cpurcell wrote:

---C

Looks like trips were 8-6 in favor of THOTA and quads being 7-5 in favor of THOTA. Pretty even in my book. :geek:

Then what the hell did we win?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

---C
Major cpurcell

Postby Big Whiskey on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:25 pm

How about we just extend the challenge 20 games?
General Big Whiskey

Postby trapyoung on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:39 pm

freakns wrote:maybe, but im still going to assume you dont understand serbian. and that last question is showing it.
but im not going to play grammar police here. your first statement, made without trying to find out is english my native language, showing your ignorance. so i really dont need to put any effort in showing your stupidity, you can do that without any help.

Well my original post was light-hearted, but you've decided to act a little bit like a douche about the whole thing. Here's some help if the term douche is lost in translation, http://theneave.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/DoucheBagmotivator.jpg.

You say you're not going to play grammar police, but is that only because you're so busy acting as fun police? Sorry to poke some fun towards you. I'll go retreat to my lonely corner of CC and rue the moment I pointed out a spelling mistake.

As for showing my ignorance, you're absolutely right. I should have pm'd you in private to figure out if you were foreign or just stupid. Thankfully you've taken a joke far too personally and demonstrated to everyone you are both. As for showing my stupidity, I must be grade-A, Serbian retarded because I haven't seen it yet. So run along little boy, thanks for playing. Next time watch your step before you stumble into some clap trap.

Sranje!
Colonel trapyoung

Postby OlJock99 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Major OlJock99

Postby cpurcell on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 pm

OlJock99 wrote:Image

I concur!

---C
Major cpurcell

Postby freakns on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:39 am

trapyoung wrote:Well my original post was light-hearted

wow, you are such a nice guy... and witty!

trapyoung wrote:You say you're not going to play grammar police, but is that only because you're so busy acting as fun police?

thats right. and you have been busted...

trapyoung wrote:Sorry to poke some fun towards you. I'll go retreat to my lonely corner of CC and rue the moment I pointed out a spelling mistake.

so, chasing someones grammar mistakes is... funny? ok then, lol. im laughing at your incredible humour.

trapyoung wrote:I should have pm'd you in private to figure out if you were foreign or just stupid. Thankfully you've taken a joke far too personally and demonstrated to everyone you are both. As for showing my stupidity, I must be grade-A, Serbian retarded because I haven't seen it yet.

im foreign?! hows that? im living in country where i was born, so how on earth am i foreign?! so if you really want to act as a grammar police, then please learn how to use words, not only how to properly spell. also, your comment was a joke? even bad jokes are at least a bit funny. your wasnt. you dont know meaning of word foreign, you dont know meaning of word joke, and thats why you dont see your stupidity.
Brigadier freakns

Postby lordnex on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:28 am

OlJock99 wrote:Best of 3 trips. Maps selected by impartial panel (maybe Chuuuuck, Lindax, & hiddendragon as all are out of the tourney). Settings selected by the panel (I vote chained, fog and no spoils! :mrgreen: ). No repeated players (e.g. 9 from THOTA and 9 from Nemesis)

Big Whiskey wrote:How about we just extend the challenge 20 games?

No. No. Absolutely against it.. as always I don't support changing the rules DURING the competition. It was stated in rules, before CC started, how would ties be broken and we all signed up and started playing agreeing with that. One game - no spoils, classic might not be the best solution but that's it..

as for freak and trapyoung: you guys are boring our asses, please keep it private, thank you ;)
Major lordnex

Postby pmchugh on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:40 am

lordnex wrote:
OlJock99 wrote:Best of 3 trips. Maps selected by impartial panel (maybe Chuuuuck, Lindax, & hiddendragon as all are out of the tourney). Settings selected by the panel (I vote chained, fog and no spoils! :mrgreen: ). No repeated players (e.g. 9 from THOTA and 9 from Nemesis)

No. No. Absolutely against it.. as always I don't support changing the rules DURING the competition. It was stated in rules, before CC started, how would ties be broken and we all signed up and started playing agreeing with that. One game - no spoils, classic might not be the best solution but that's it..

as for freak and trapyoung: you guys are boring our asses, please keep it private, thank you ;)

I'm pretty sure in the rules it said that if you could agree on another tiebrake in a timely manner you can do that instead.

However I'm rather suspicious of this comment as I detect sarcasm :lol:

2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:49 am

Actually can't find that in the rules, guess we should just play the classic trips game (assuming its needed).
Major pmchugh

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:57 am

lordnex wrote:

No. No. Absolutely against it.. as always I don't support changing the rules DURING the competition.

It would Not be changing the rules lordnex, read here:
Chuuuuck wrote:Rule of thumb for the whole thing has been 2 clans can do anything they agree on. I am okay with us starting a little earlier than everyone else and running 60 if KoRT would like to also.

I think you need to talk to your whole clan and we can as well, and then see what we could possibly play for a fair compromise, perhaps let freak and Inc. discuss this. I think we all need to be open minded here. I doubt any 2 great clans if they tied would prefer settling it on one game.
General Blitzaholic

Postby freakns on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 am

first of all, challenge is still not over ;)
now, if this ends up 20-20 tiebreaker will be one game, classic map, triples, no spoils, chained, sunny. i agree nothing is written in stone, but we entered this challenge with that rule, we havent talked about changing it until now, so we are sticking to the plan. simple as that.
Brigadier freakns

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 am

pmchugh wrote:Actually can't find that in the rules, guess we should just play the classic trips game (assuming its needed).

The rule is right here.

Chuuuuck wrote:Rule of thumb for the whole thing has been 2 clans can do anything they agree on. I am okay with us starting a little earlier than everyone else and running 60 if KoRT would like to also.

so, we can decide if it is 1 game, best of 3, 20 more games, 100 more games?

I think we need a fair compromise as the rules states this is allowed, especially if it is a tie. I think that is the main reason this rule was implemented in the first place.
General Blitzaholic

Postby lordnex on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 am

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=106968

If there is a tie in any clan war, a one game tie-breaker will be set up with the following settings:

Type: Triples
Map: Classic
Play: Sequential
Spoils: None
Reinforcements: Chained
Fog: No

Any players can play in the tie-breaker game even if they have already played in their allotted number of games for that clan war.
Major lordnex

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:37 am

freak koji ti je ovo zeljak?(iznogao sam slovo s da mu malo istumbam pre tra zivanje)

Cam on Nemesis move forward!!!!

thanks lordnex for put mine map in signature :)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:39 am

lordnex wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=106968

If there is a tie in any clan war, a one game tie-breaker will be set up with the following settings:

Type: Triples
Map: Classic
Play: Sequential
Spoils: None
Reinforcements: Chained
Fog: No

Any players can play in the tie-breaker game even if they have already played in their allotted number of games for that clan war.

correct lordnex, but he also says and this is within the RULES.

Chuuuuck wrote:Rule of thumb for the whole thing has been 2 clans can do anything they agree on.

Meaning we can play more than that. So, we need to reach and fair compromise if it is tied.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Dako on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:54 am

Lol stop arguing whether it is in the rules or not.

Just agree between 2 clans what format of tiebreaker you are going to have.
Colonel Dako

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 am

Dako wrote:Lol stop arguing whether it is in the rules or not.

we are, the rules say both, they seem to have some members wanting only 1 game, and some of their members are suggesting best of 3, we are thinking more, so I am asking them, what do they think is a fair compromise?

I am sure no one really wants it to come down to luck. For example, let's say the one game of classic, and we as thota get a drop of lucking up aussie bonus early in no cards, well, it is a huge advantage for us and practically over and us winning on that luck drop would not seem right.

So, let's figure this out with some fair and realistic discussion based on skill, after all, this is what the CUP is about, not luck of one game to decide a tie.
Last edited by Blitzaholic on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Blitzaholic

Postby pmchugh on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 am

Blitzaholic wrote:

we are, the rules say both, they seem to have some members wanting only 1 game, and some of their members are suggesting best of 3, we are thinking more, so I am asking them, what do they think is a fair compromise?

We are talking now amongst ourselves but it seems that the general consensus is just to end it with what was originally agreed upon, ie. the 1 game.

Personally I wish chuuuk had left no room to negotiate as it just complicates things. Either that or it should be agreed upon before the challenge starting.
Major pmchugh

Postby trapyoung on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:18 am

freakns wrote:im foreign?! hows that? im living in country where i was born, so how on earth am i foreign?! so if you really want to act as a grammar police, then please learn how to use words, not only how to properly spell. also, your comment was a joke? even bad jokes are at least a bit funny. your wasnt. you dont know meaning of word foreign, you dont know meaning of word joke, and thats why you dont see your stupidity.

Foreign to the English language, uh dur dur dur
Colonel trapyoung

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 am

pmchugh wrote:

Personally I wish chuuuk had left no room to negotiate as it just complicates things. Either that or it should be agreed upon before the challenge starting.

he did, he said all clans can do more games, no one wants it to come down to luck and us getting dealt the aussie bonus in no cards and winning like that? would you? seriously. think about it.

So, let's figure this out with some fair and realistic discussion based on skill, after all, this is what the CUP is about, not luck of one game to decide a tie.

fastposted, lol

here it is again.
General Blitzaholic

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges