Conquer Club

Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby soundman on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:13 pm

The Last Warriors would like to be in.
Primary: slickstick
Secondary: soundman
Lieutenant soundman

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:14 am

Clan Name: TIME
Primary Contact: JoshyBoy
Secondary Contact: KoE_Sirius
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby jpcloet on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:34 am

So far there are 4 auto-entries signed up and a strong response from the playins of 8 clans.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby jpcloet on Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Updated first post to reflect change in pre-order deadlines to 2 weeks prior and inclusion of random default.

Postby skillfusniper33 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Soldiers of War are in again.
Primary Contact skillfusniper33
Secondary Contact Kilazul
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby reptile on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:11 am

jpcloet wrote:Updated first post to reflect change in pre-order deadlines to 2 weeks prior and inclusion of random default.

nice....low is still talking it over
Major reptile

Postby pearljamrox2 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 am

Dynasty would like to join the league
First contact: pearljamrox2
Second contact: WPBRJ
Major pearljamrox2

Postby pmchugh on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:30 am

We're in.

Nemesis:
Prmiary Contact: pmchugh
Secondary Contact: JoJo123
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Dako on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:09 am

I think Nuke is an awesome mode and we shall allow. While manual is a bit different, I think it is better to forbid Manual.

But I am all for Nuke games. Also, 2 weeks in advance for games is an ok for me.
Colonel Dako

Postby Night Strike on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:59 am

jpcloet wrote:Sounds like people would rather have more flexibility. The game creators need more time so how about we do 2 weeks and penalty being random like Season 2?

Much improved call. Many thanks.
Major Night Strike

Postby kronic69 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:34 am

Black Sheep Squadron
Primary: kronic69
secondary: merch313
Sergeant kronic69

Postby lokisgal on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:56 am

IA is discussing this - will get back in a couple of days
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby josko.ri on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:21 pm

jpcloet wrote:Challenge Settings
  • 4 Quadruples - Clan's Choice of Settings
  • 3 Triples - Clan's Choice of Settings
  • 2 Doubles - Clan's Choice of Settings
That means there are now 29 spots to fill, rather than 22. However, there are also less overall games.

you made poll asking how many total games we want and lot of players said 3-3-3 also. if you count how many of them said 4-3-2 and how many of them said 3-3-3, you wouldnt count big difference.

jpcloet wrote:[*]The top 2 Clans in each division will be sent to the bracket playoffs
[*]Playoffs and relegation will be a 8Q-7T-4D with each side choosing 4Q-3T-2D as described below as the regular season format. The additional triples map is currently being voted on in the CLA and will be Esc-Chained-Sunny.

again the same situation (about playoff) like in season 2. is this league or cup? if this is league then it may be played like league not like cup. we already have conqueror's cup format for clans who like cup system, but this one is league, and I think it should be also ended like league. my suggestion is that 8 advancing clans former final league and again play each other home and away. imagine 8 top CC clan to play round robin league! that would be awesome and more fair that winner is decided on that way than classic playoff where winner is decided in ONLY 19 games. it would make the league longer only 4 sets of home and away games (currently 5+3 in playoff=8, and with that suggestion 5+7 in playoff= 12), but it would raise this league to much more competitive and funny format where winner would be decided in much more fair format than only 3*19 games.

anyway, for crucial things like 4-3-2 or 3-3-3 and playoff format, I think the best would be to give every team leader 1 vote for choosing the best solution and which solution gets the most votes it will be implemented.

and, I agree with Dako, nuking cards are awesome and give to tactics another dimension. it definitely should be allowed.
Major josko.ri

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Right now, the league will likely stay traditional and let the wars do/have the innovation. As for doing a second phased league, that was considered, however, we don't want to take the whole year to do the league and want teams to also do wars and also take part in the CCup. Clans end up doing 2 things at once for the key part of the year, and we don't want to overburden clans. 4-3-2 simply works better for the number of spots etc and some other calculations.

Postby Dako on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm

4-3-2, yay!

So is nuke allowed or not? Can we make a poll on it?
Colonel Dako

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:57 pm

There is a poll in the CLA and right now, it appears that Nukes and Manual will not be allowed and I will finalize that decision tomorrow so that clans can decide on whether they are joining by the Friday deadline.

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:07 pm

jpcloet wrote:There is a poll in the CLA and right now, it appears that Nukes and Manual will not be allowed and I will finalize that decision tomorrow so that clans can decide on whether they are joining by the Friday deadline.

Do you have a list of confirmed clans?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:17 pm

At home, there are 5 of the 16 automatic bids confirmed and 10 playins confirmed.

Postby josko.ri on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 pm

jpcloet wrote:Right now, the league will likely stay traditional and let the wars do/have the innovation. As for doing a second phased league, that was considered, however, we don't want to take the whole year to do the league and want teams to also do wars and also take part in the CCup. Clans end up doing 2 things at once for the key part of the year, and we don't want to overburden clans. 4-3-2 simply works better for the number of spots etc and some other calculations.

it wouldnt make the league whole year, it would only extend it by 2 months, as you said that 2 weeks are between each round. so, September - May or June it would last, but we would get much more competitive and funny league both for watching and playing it.

jpcloet wrote:There is a poll in the CLA and right now, it appears that Nukes and Manual will not be allowed and I will finalize that decision tomorrow so that clans can decide on whether they are joining by the Friday deadline.

where is that poll? I searched and found only poll when we discuss about less or more game load that should be involved in season 3.

again, the most important part of my previous post:

josko.ri wrote:anyway, for crucial things like 4-3-2 or 3-3-3 and playoff format, I think the best would be to give every team leader 1 vote for choosing the best solution and which solution gets the most votes it will be implemented.

the league is playing for the clans not for the stuffs and/or calculations, and there is a lot of different opinions how it should looks like, but the most democratic and fair way to decide it is give 1 vote to every clan for every issue, including nuke/manual/gametype system/playoff format etc. so, the most of voices for every of options should make the best decision.

then the league would looks like most of the clans want. it is better to have it like most of them wants, so it will be much more funny competition to everyone then.
Major josko.ri

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with josko on something, but I do here (in respect of a 'league' format rather than a knockout 2nd phase).

Wouldn't it be just as easy to take the top two from each of the 1st Divisions and have those four clans play a round robin format, thus retaining a true league style. Each clan could have three sets of (9) home games and three away, same as in the regular season. I'm fairly certain the total number of games will not exceed the format you are proposing now, so it shouldn't run on any longer.

It just seems sad for a team that has romped the league all season to get dumped out in the first head-to-head with a potential score of 9-10, that's all. A good performance throughout the regular league season should really be reflected in the final result/standing, otherwise it turns into a simple knockout 'cup' format.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby josko.ri on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with josko on something, but I do here (in respect of a 'league' format rather than a knockout 2nd phase).

hehe, it would happen more often if you try to argue about something with sense, not only about your bad dices :)

Chariot of Fire wrote:Wouldn't it be just as easy to take the top two from each of the 1st Divisions and have those four clans play a round robin format, thus retaining a true league style. Each clan could have three sets of (9) home games and three away, same as in the regular season.

I think you missed the fact that top 2 clans from every of 4 divisions advance to playoff stage. so 8 clans it would be then and 7 home and away sets.
Major josko.ri

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with josko on something, but I do here (in respect of a 'league' format rather than a knockout 2nd phase).

hehe, it would happen more often if you try to argue about something with sense, not only about your bad dices :)

Chariot of Fire wrote:Wouldn't it be just as easy to take the top two from each of the 1st Divisions and have those four clans play a round robin format, thus retaining a true league style. Each clan could have three sets of (9) home games and three away, same as in the regular season.

I think you missed the fact that top 2 clans from every of 4 divisions advance to playoff stage. so 8 clans it would be then and 7 home and away sets.

But it is still a knock out style once playoffs hit.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:02 pm

If we put 8 in a second phased league, then clans may not join the CCup due to game load....most of them are still deciding whether to do the league as the CCup is still going.

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:00 pm

hehe, it would happen more often if you try to argue about something with sense, not only about your bad dices

Hmmm, 28 games in our first batch and I don't see a single complaint about the dice from me. You have a fertile imagination josko.ri.

JPC....whatever you decide mate. It'll be fine.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby amazzony on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:20 am

Thank you for not wanting the whole homegame list before season! And, hopefully the game load won't go any higher next season, it would be a shame if clans need to start picking between Cup, League and challenges due to too big game load. That said, after some discussion in the clan forums we've decided to enter.

• Generation One: The Clan (G1)
  • amazzony
  • Hath

Hope everything goes smoothly and enjoy the League everybody!
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges