Conquer Club

Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby josko.ri on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with josko on something, but I do here (in respect of a 'league' format rather than a knockout 2nd phase).

hehe, it would happen more often if you try to argue about something with sense, not only about your bad dices :)

Chariot of Fire wrote:Wouldn't it be just as easy to take the top two from each of the 1st Divisions and have those four clans play a round robin format, thus retaining a true league style. Each clan could have three sets of (9) home games and three away, same as in the regular season.

I think you missed the fact that top 2 clans from every of 4 divisions advance to playoff stage. so 8 clans it would be then and 7 home and away sets.
Major josko.ri

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with josko on something, but I do here (in respect of a 'league' format rather than a knockout 2nd phase).

hehe, it would happen more often if you try to argue about something with sense, not only about your bad dices :)

Chariot of Fire wrote:Wouldn't it be just as easy to take the top two from each of the 1st Divisions and have those four clans play a round robin format, thus retaining a true league style. Each clan could have three sets of (9) home games and three away, same as in the regular season.

I think you missed the fact that top 2 clans from every of 4 divisions advance to playoff stage. so 8 clans it would be then and 7 home and away sets.

But it is still a knock out style once playoffs hit.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:02 pm

If we put 8 in a second phased league, then clans may not join the CCup due to game load....most of them are still deciding whether to do the league as the CCup is still going.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:00 pm

hehe, it would happen more often if you try to argue about something with sense, not only about your bad dices

Hmmm, 28 games in our first batch and I don't see a single complaint about the dice from me. You have a fertile imagination josko.ri.

JPC....whatever you decide mate. It'll be fine.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby amazzony on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:20 am

Thank you for not wanting the whole homegame list before season! And, hopefully the game load won't go any higher next season, it would be a shame if clans need to start picking between Cup, League and challenges due to too big game load. That said, after some discussion in the clan forums we've decided to enter.

• Generation One: The Clan (G1)
  • amazzony
  • Hath

Hope everything goes smoothly and enjoy the League everybody!
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 am

jpcloet wrote:If we put 8 in a second phased league, then clans may not join the CCup due to game load....most of them are still deciding whether to do the league as the CCup is still going.

How about this... taking the 8 best records within the regular season then having them play say 25 total games spread out over the 8 clans. So say KORT make its.

They would then play 25 games total vs all other 7 clans, meaning some of the clans would get played more than others and on different maps or settings. You could predetermine which clans and settings, such as doubles triples and quads. It would be where the top 4 clans(record wise) have 13 home games and the bottom 4 have 12. Once the 25 games were over(Which would be played in 1 batch or 2. Then you would take the top 4 records and play again... then 2 and crown a champion. I think most would enjoy a system like that.

Example

LoW
IA
KORT
BPB
TSM
ID
Empire
THOTA

are the 8 clans to make it.

For playoffs week 1, a schedule would look like

KORT:
Low x 3
IA x 3
BPB x 3
TSM x 4
THOTA x 4
ID x 4
Empire x 4
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jpcloet on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:52 am

I'll have to do some time line analysis as it seem like no matter what the CCup and League will always overlap for some clans. Having 8 clans go into 2 4's makes more sense, then top 2 in each into bracket playoffs like Season 2. Just means most of the year is busy.

Postby danryan on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:19 pm

I'd recommend the league be a straight up league over the course of the season, no playoff. If you want to do tiered leagues with promotion and relegation that's fine too, but keep in mind if there are clans that fall by the wayside in Div 2 it'll be a nightmare again.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:38 pm

danryan wrote:I'd recommend the league be a straight up league over the course of the season, no playoff. If you want to do tiered leagues with promotion and relegation that's fine too, but keep in mind if there are clans that fall by the wayside in Div 2 it'll be a nightmare again.

I think it will not be Division 2 in future. at least in season 3 it will not be played.
Major josko.ri

Postby jpcloet on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Based on the polls, the league will stay traditional.

No Manual, No Nuclear

and the Playoff map will be Random (won out slightly over Classic, and well ahead of the other options)

Will be interesting to see what teams take on the random in the playoffs. :)

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Imperial Dragoons are in!

Primary: Squirly
Secondary: 4 U 2 NV
Colonel 4 U 2 NV

Postby pmchugh on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:08 am

Personally I would like to see bigger divisions with less games against each team.

For instance playing 2x5 games per league week at (1x2x2) and having 2 leagues, with the playoffs being 1st vs 1st only.

But whatever you guys do is fine so long as we don't have to kick up a fuss about what division we are in ;)
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby jpcloet on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:55 am

Not sure how the divisions will play out. I have a draft of the autobids, but most are not confirmed and there is only 2 days left to signup. As for the playin bids, have several thoughts depending on how many total clans there are. Right now there are 17 which would be only 3 Groups if no others signed up.

Here are the team statuses.

Autobids Confirmed
EMPIRE
Imperial Dragoons
Nemesis
Angels of Death
The Odd Fellows Union
Agents Of Chaos

Autobids NOT Confirmed
Immortal Assassins
Knights of the Round Table
THOTA
Left4Dead
Legends of War
Bullet Proof Bandits
The Spanking Monkeys
Generation 1: The Clan
Legends of the Zone (considering going social)

Playin Bids Confirmed
Devil's Brigade
++The Legion++
Mythology
Grim Reapers
Memento Mori
FOED
The Last Warriors
TIME
Soldiers of War
Dynasty
Black Sheep Squadron

Postby Hath on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:10 am

amazzony wrote:we've decided to enter.

• Generation One: The Clan (G1)
  • amazzony
  • Hath

jpcloet wrote:Autobids NOT Confirmed
Generation 1: The Clan

Hmmm.... ;)
Brigadier Hath

Postby jpcloet on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:26 am

Thanks, got lost in the conversation.

Postby WPBRJ on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey JP let me see if I have this right

All clans that were in last year are automatically in this year if they so choose correct?

Any clan that meat the requirements that want in are not guaranteed a spot and might have to play another clan to get in is this correct?

Ok is all this is correct? Then this is not a clan league per say this is nothing more than a tournament. A clan league would mean all competitive clans have a right to play and should not have to play to get in the league.

I personally am not to supportive of this. I very well could have to play a top team like FOED or the LEGION to get into the league witch I think would be a great battle and think we could beat or be beaten by ether one of them and maybe a very low ranked team gets in by default or has to play another low ranked clan to get into the league?

I for one think if any clan meets the requirements to get in they should be in and you and who ever else is helping should be able to make it work. If clans are eliminated due to a short series of games this is nothing more than a tournament and should not count for anything towards a ranking system.
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:50 pm

WPBRJ wrote:Hey JP let me see if I have this right

All clans that were in last year are automatically in this year if they so choose correct?

Any clan that meat the requirements that want in are not guaranteed a spot and might have to play another clan to get in is this correct?

Ok is all this is correct? Then this is not a clan league per say this is nothing more than a tournament. A clan league would mean all competitive clans have a right to play and should not have to play to get in the league.

I personally am not to supportive of this. I very well could have to play a top team like FOED or the LEGION to get into the league witch I think would be a great battle and think we could beat or be beaten by ether one of them and maybe a very low ranked team gets in by default or has to play another low ranked clan to get into the league?

I for one think if any clan meets the requirements to get in they should be in and you and who ever else is helping should be able to make it work. If clans are eliminated due to a short series of games this is nothing more than a tournament and should not count for anything towards a ranking system.

This isn't all correct. The only clans that are automatically in are clans that would have qualified for Division 1 after last year's Clan League (so they would be in Division 1 this year if the format had stayed the same). All other clans may have to qualify if too many clans sign up (which isn't going to happen).
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:06 pm

WPBRJ wrote:Hey JP let me see if I have this right

it s not that single match decide who will be in. single match is only the last chance. the first chance was to be one of promoted teams in season 2 of league from division 2, or one of the first 6 teams in division 1. so you cant say that you are eliminated in just 1 match because you had chances to get in before.
Major josko.ri

Postby WPBRJ on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:41 pm

josko.ri wrote:it s not that single match decide who will be in. single match is only the last chance. the first chance was to be one of promoted teams in season 2 of league from division 2, or one of the first 6 teams in division 1. so you cant say that you are eliminated in just 1 match because you had chances to get in before.

well first off DYNASTY was not in the league last year so we have no chance to excel from year 2 and even if we were a auto bid i still would not agree with a clan that meets the requirement to have to play to get in a COMPETITIVE CLAN LEAGUE

but here is the auto get rule

The top 6 clans in both Div1A and Div1B plus the 4 clans (1 disbanded) that were to be promoted from Div2A and Div2B from Season 2

if i recall witch i cant find the standing from season 2 that is just about every team that was in season 2 almost i think there was a few more anyway

its simple ether this is a league for all competitive clans or it isn't make up your mind and if it isn't witch that's what it sounds like to me there should be a play to get in just like the TLO or CCcup ever one plays to get in
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:51 pm

WPBRJ wrote:its simple ether this is a league for all competitive clans or it isn't make up your mind and if it isn't witch that's what it sounds like to me there should be a play to get in just like the TLO or CCcup ever one plays to get in

There is…
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:59 pm

jpcloet wrote:a defined play in process will be outlined upon signups for the remaining spots

it's not just one game.

WPBRJ wrote:if i recall witch i cant find the standing from season 2 that is just about every team that was in season 2 almost i think there was a few more anyway
there were 4 more clans in Division 1 that got "demoted" to Division 2, as well as 9 more Division 2 clans that didn't get promoted, so it's not just about every clan, it's just over half the clans.

WPBRJ wrote:its simple ether this is a league for all competitive clans or it isn't

it's not meant to be every single clan. There's a limit on what the Clan Directors can do/control, and they pushed their limits when they decided to accept up to 32 clans last year. Division 2 wasn't exactly an overwhelming success, it didn't completely fill up, and it was a lot of work, so they're changing how the league runs.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby jpcloet on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:33 pm

WPBRJ wrote:All clans that were in last year are automatically in this year if they so choose correct?

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=96540#p2205938
Incorrect, in Div 1, 12 of the 16 clans get automatic bids as 4 were demoted.
In Div2, where most of the issues were, only 4 of the 16 (or however many ended up finishing the season) get auto-bids due to promotion.

WPBRJ wrote:Any clan that meat the requirements that want in are not guaranteed a spot and might have to play another clan to get in is this correct?

There are currently 9 play in spots and so far 11 play in teams have applied. If I were a leader of a play in team, I think I would like those odds. Given that 8 of the auto-bids have not confirmed, there may not have to be any play in battles. We will see in the next few days what actually happens. If all clans applied, then the likely scenario would be groups of balanced 3, and 2 teams moving on. Not sure exactly how play-ins will work.

WPBRJ wrote:Ok is all this is correct? Then this is not a clan league per say this is nothing more than a tournament. A clan league would mean all competitive clans have a right to play and should not have to play to get in the league.

There are no real rights here, only privileges. Every clan last year was given the privilege to play in the league, and a number of clans disappointed me, and made running Division 2 very difficult. I would like to be all-inclusive, however, practicality will win out.

WPBRJ wrote:I personally am not to supportive of this. I very well could have to play a top team like FOED or the LEGION to get into the league witch I think would be a great battle and think we could beat or be beaten by ether one of them and maybe a very low ranked team gets in by default or has to play another low ranked clan to get into the league? I for one think if any clan meets the requirements to get in they should be in and you and who ever else is helping should be able to make it work. If clans are eliminated due to a short series of games this is nothing more than a tournament and should not count for anything towards a ranking system.

I would like to think that I am very fair. Have a little faith. There are potentially 26 clans right now that may want to participate. If I believe all 26 can make it through the season, I have not ruled out letting all play. 26 would be 2 groups of 6 and 2 groups of 7.

Postby WPBRJ on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 pm

well i dint mean to start up a war but i not sure were you guys are getting 1 game play in from i never said that or never implied it ether

but i do respect you and what you have done jp i just read the rules and if dynasty has to play a FOED or a legion clan that means a solid clan wont get in that's what i am saying there is no out line on the play in yet so while i trust you there is nothing saying that better established clans might just make it over maybe a new clan that just started

also again clan league to me is all clans that qualify just my opinion and last time i look i was entitled to my own opinion
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby chemefreak on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 pm

WPBRJ wrote:I very well could have to play a top team like FOED or the LEGION to get into the league witch I think would be a great battle and think we could beat or be beaten by ether one of them and maybe a very low ranked team gets in by default or has to play another low ranked clan to get into the league?

Thanks for the compliment WP...and to tell you the truth, I think everyone would love to have us in the league...especially since we took last year's "punching bag" title! :lol:

But to jp's point, I completely understand. There were some clans that simply quit or disbanded last year. I think he will find a way to make it work for those that will stick around.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Incandenza on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:57 am

THOTA will not be participating in this season of the league, but I and my clanmates wish all involved good luck and fair drops.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges