Conquer Club

Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Very magnanimous of you danryan, but I bet it's more likely they're feeling the heat from LoW and are afraid another poor showing like season 2 will prove that they are no longer the undisputed best clan on cc.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Dako on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:41 pm

They also don't participate in TLO. So the game load must not be high and tense.

I think it possible for a clan to participate in all 3 major clan events.
Colonel Dako

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Dako wrote:They also don't participate in TLO. So the game load must not be high and tense.

For some clans it is. For those who enjoy lower game counts it is surely not always best to play in everything offered up.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Dako on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:51 pm

5 games for TLO, 5-7 for CCup, 5 for CLA. So max of 20games per top clan players. Others can surely stay at ~10 games.

If I am counting right.
Colonel Dako

Postby josko.ri on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Dako wrote:They also don't participate in TLO. So the game load must not be high and tense.

so, except Clan league and CCup which is the 3rd one major clan event? if you think on TLO like 3rd one, it s wrong because TLO is normal tournament, not clan event.

I also agree that average clan, with 15-20 active players at every time, can successfully handle all ongoing major clan events.
Major josko.ri

Postby jpcloet on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:39 pm

TLO is mainly clans now I think, although given you only play 4-6 players, technically it resides in the tournament area. A TLO style for the league was considered, however, fixed maps is not a popular choice right now. Another clan event could see fixed maps etc. in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby lokisgal on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Any chance you can update the first page with the clans that have joined thus far? And is tomorrows deadline hard and fast? Seems some of the higher ranked clans along with us are still debating
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dako on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:51 pm

josko.ri wrote:

so, except Clan league and CCup which is the 3rd one major clan event? if you think on TLO like 3rd one, it s wrong because TLO is normal tournament, not clan event.

I also agree that average clan, with 15-20 active players at every time, can successfully handle all ongoing major clan events.

I know that TLO is just a tournament, but 80% of the people are from clans there and I count it as a clan event. It is very popular right now and I value the win there nearly as much as the CLA. Thou winning CCup seems more worthy.
Colonel Dako

Postby Leehar on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:58 pm

jpcloet wrote:Deadline for sign ups has been extended to end of Saturday, Sept 12th. On Sunday I will try and finalize the schedule.

Sorry, it's not really my business but I'm sure it could lead to some confusion...
Do you mean Saturday the 11th or Sunday the 12th? I'm inclined to think the former, but it'd be good to have it more accurate... 8-[
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby jpcloet on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm

lokisgal wrote:Any chance you can update the first page with the clans that have joined thus far? And is tomorrows deadline hard and fast? Seems some of the higher ranked clans along with us are still debating

viewtopic.php?f=438&t=125953&start=45#p2771028

Postby jpcloet on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:09 pm

First post updated to statuses. Top 3 clans in each of last years Divisions have not confirmed.

Postby jpcloet on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Leehar wrote:
jpcloet wrote:Deadline for sign ups has been extended to end of Saturday, Sept 12th. On Sunday I will try and finalize the schedule.

Sorry, it's not really my business but I'm sure it could lead to some confusion...
Do you mean Saturday the 11th or Sunday the 12th? I'm inclined to think the former, but it'd be good to have it more accurate... 8-[

Let's go with Sunday Sept 12. Based on sign ups, no need to start the week after by the looks of it.

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Dako wrote:
josko.ri wrote:

I know that TLO is just a tournament, but 80% of the people are from clans there and I count it as a clan event. It is very popular right now and I value the win there nearly as much as the CLA. Thou winning CCup seems more worthy.

agreed...tlo would definately be the 3rd clan event...
like wehen we matched up against a tofu team...
My pm to my team mates was ok we have tofu this week
not we have *generic team name*
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby ga7 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 am

Left4Dead confirming participation.

*Advertisement*
You're disgruntled your clan decided against playing the Clan league this year? Your clan didn't make it through the play-in?
Rest assured, you can still take part in this wonderful event! Left4Dead is recruiting, call NOW!
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby jpcloet on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:39 am

ga7 wrote:Left4Dead confirming participation.

*Advertisement*
You're disgruntled your clan decided against playing the Clan league this year? Your clan didn't make it through the play-in?
Rest assured, you can still take part in this wonderful event! Left4Dead is recruiting, call NOW!

Noted.

And quite clever.... 8-)

Postby ScaryTeded on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:49 am

At this time we have to bow out this year , Good Luck to all who are playing in it...
DYNASTY Can have out slot this year if thats allowed ;)
ScaryTeded
Co-leader
LOTZ
Sergeant ScaryTeded

Postby jpcloet on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Currently have 19 clans. Sign ups end in just over 24 hours.

Postby josko.ri on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:06 am

jpcloet wrote:Currently have 19 clans. Sign ups end in just over 24 hours.

josko.ri wrote:the league is playing for the clans not for the stuffs and/or calculations, and there is a lot of different opinions how it should looks like, but the most democratic and fair way to decide it is give 1 vote to every clan for every issue, including nuke/manual/gametype system/playoff format etc. so, the most of voices for every of options should make the best decision.

then the league would looks like most of the clans want. it is better to have it like most of them wants, so it will be much more funny competition to everyone then.

if you think a little and try to find the reasons why some of the top clans will not participate in Season 3, while Season 2 and Conqueror's Cup was full of top clans, maybe you may find reasons in undemocratic way of making decisions about all included. my quote above is how that could be changed.

jpcloet wrote:Based on the polls, the league will stay traditional.

I couldnt find these polls for deciding of league format/spoils/playoff format on clan part of forum, so couldnt get my vote for everything included in deciding even if I wanted.
maybe the reason for very low interest is too much game load. with that I mean on 4-3-2 format instead of 3-3-3 format. 2 quads more than dubs is not only 2 more slots for fill up, it is also much more time for every player to spend on that game, as quad game requires much more time load for every involved player in this than dubs game, and with 4-3-2 format almost 50% of the games per round are quads game, and 16/29 slots (more than 50%) goes to quad games. I think it is pointless that more than 50% of slots in a clan event are filled by only ONE gametype.

if you see in past, Season 2 had 2-2-4 format and was filled by almost every top clan in CC. so, if you try to find reasons about very low interest for this Season, you may start with that fact and continue on the fact which part of making decisions about all concerned with the League did you get to those who will really play that League - clans.
Major josko.ri

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:49 am

I couldnt find these polls for deciding of league format/spoils/playoff format on clan part of forum, so couldnt get my vote for everything included in deciding even if I wanted.

The CLA forum (restricted to two reps per clan) is where such polls, votes and decisions are made. You have to lobby your clan reps (Bruce & Foxy) if you want them to voice your opinion.

JPC - you have to administer it as you see best. The only possible flaw right now is the short notice that was given, in conjunction with the Conqueror's Cup clash. I don't think anyone's going to object if you were to extend the deadline whilst raising the question of abstentions in the CLA forum for those clans to address - thereby hopefully addressing any problems some clans may have and allowing for greater participation.

That said, whatever your decision the Clan League will remain the premier (and only) test of a clan's resolve to meet a good cross-section of CC's community in a true league format and I'm sure it will continue to be a resounding success.

Cheers
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Dako on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:58 am

josko.ri wrote:maybe the reason for very low interest is too much game load. with that I mean on 4-3-2 format instead of 3-3-3 format. 2 quads more than dubs is not only 2 more slots for fill up, it is also much more time for every player to spend on that game, as quad game requires much more time load for every involved player in this than dubs game, and with 4-3-2 format almost 50% of the games per round are quads game, and 16/29 slots (more than 50%) goes to quad games.

If the quads are the most hard format then they should get more games as they really show good a clan is - at communication, at paying together, at being a whole. So for me it is quite normal to see quads dominate.

Also, I think you are taking a wrong approach by blaming JPC that his league doesn't get much interest. He is doing us a favor for running such an event for a 3rd time almost alone! So we should thanks him and give him support, without being all aggressive and arrogant with our words. At the very last, each clan has 2 CLA representatives that cast the clan's vote in the CLA polls.
Colonel Dako

Postby jpcloet on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:05 am

I think you need to have a conversation with your CLA representatives and even the other Clan Director. Each clan in the CLA has 2 reps and thus has 2 votes, technically your clan has 3. You should find out how your rep voted then, maybe even consider a term as a rep.

Many top clans argued that doubles is less representative of skill than quads and Bruceswar has a good example of what the win rate of a good player on each team setting is, and they are not the same in his opinion and I tend to agree with it based on numerical analysis. The actual format was not voted on, however, the call to less dubs and more quads has been ongoing since Season 1.

As for the top clans joining or not, I really hope it has nothing to do with 2 spots, plus none have come out to say that is a real problem in joining. If they want to pm me to give me some feedback on why they cannot join, then that would be great. My understanding is that such clans feel that both the league and CCup is too burdensome for their rosters and possibly their clan's goals.

Postby josko.ri on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:14 am

Dako wrote:
josko.ri wrote:maybe the reason for very low interest is too much game load. with that I mean on 4-3-2 format instead of 3-3-3 format. 2 quads more than dubs is not only 2 more slots for fill up, it is also much more time for every player to spend on that game, as quad game requires much more time load for every involved player in this than dubs game, and with 4-3-2 format almost 50% of the games per round are quads game, and 16/29 slots (more than 50%) goes to quad games.

If the quads are the most hard format then they should get more games as they really show good a clan is - at communication, at paying together, at being a whole. So for me it is quite normal to see quads dominate.

I didnt say that about quads with the point that quads are harder. I said that with the point that quads requires much more TIME per player involved to play it successfully. time load and hard/easy format for play are 2 different terms.
and I think that time load is the main reason for not participating in clan event.

Dako wrote:Also, I think you are taking a wrong approach by blaming JPC that his league doesn't get much interest. He is doing us a favor for running such an event for a 3rd time almost alone! So we should thanks him and give him support, without being all aggressive and arrogant with our words. At the very last, each clan has 2 CLA representatives that cast the clan's vote in the CLA polls.

my point was not blaming JPC, I know he is doing great favor to us and am grateful to him for that, and I am really sorry if my post sounded like blaming post, it really wasnt my goal.

the point was to give my opinion why Season 3 has lower interest than other clan events before. you may not say that conclusion is not correct, as 3 top clans from Season 2 still havent comfirmed season 3 participation.
I just tried to help with my suggestion, not to blame anybody, and really regret if somebody wrong interpreted my point.
Last edited by josko.ri on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major josko.ri

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 am

I can assure you for the at least two of the clans who have yet to decide (or have said no), the game load / set-up has nothing to do with it.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby jpcloet on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:23 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:The only possible flaw right now is the short notice that was given, in conjunction with the Conqueror's Cup clash. I don't think anyone's going to object if you were to extend the deadline whilst raising the question of abstentions in the CLA forum for those clans to address - thereby hopefully addressing any problems some clans may have and allowing for greater participation.

Season 2 was from Sept 6th to well into early July which covers basically the full clan prime time so it already had virtually cemented its location on the calendar. Clans also joined the CCup in January, when there was only 4 weeks left in the 14 play weeks, so it was ok to double up then. I'm trying to condense the season a bit to help with the next CCup (assuming there is a second) participation, however, I thought too much vacation time was taken in the summer by the CCup clans, given the semis and finals will be 60 games.

The fact is that some clans can handle more activity while others cannot, and I for one cannot get enough games to my players right now. In a 40 game war, most of my players get 2-4 games over 6-8 weeks. I think you will see my clan do both the league, CCUp and probably 4-5 wars in the next 12 months.

If clans need another week to decide, then the auto-bids that have not joined up need to pm me today and say they need another week and why, plus how that extra week will help to determine whether they will joining.

Postby Foxglove on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:24 am

KORT is in. :)

Primary Contact: White Moose
Secondary Contact: Foxglove
Brigadier Foxglove

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges