Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby jpcloet on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 am

Last Season there was an All Star Team for Div1 and one for Div2, no reason we couldn't name a First team and Second team for the whole league.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:40 am

well thats bs with strength of schedule.....
people dont choose who they play...does that mean someone in a clan who isnt in one of those top tiers clan is weighted higher as in theory they had tougher games?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby jpcloet on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am

One of the considerations in Season 1 was the amount of road games, there were certainly a number of strong players who only played on their favourite maps only in that season. This season seems to be a better mix.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:This might help with the discussion, for quads, the following players will end with the following records in Divisions A and B (I didn't take the time to check C or D).

Chariot of Fire - 20-3
Chuuuuuck - 15-2
Denise - 11-1
dwilhelmi - 14-1
cachejob - 15-2
Shatners Bassoon - 13-1

Who do you all think is more deserving? I am honestly kind of unsure, I can see arguments for both.


Easy
1. CoF
2. SB
3. cache

;)
User avatar
Captain Ace Rimmer
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Lubawski on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:15 pm

jpcloet wrote:One of the considerations in Season 1 was the amount of road games, there were certainly a number of strong players who only played on their favourite maps only in that season. This season seems to be a better mix.


I think that's a great way to look at it.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Lubawski
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Boston, Mass
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Lubawski wrote:
jpcloet wrote:One of the considerations in Season 1 was the amount of road games, there were certainly a number of strong players who only played on their favourite maps only in that season. This season seems to be a better mix.


I think that's a great way to look at it.

yes, great idea :)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Medals: 110
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (18) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby jpcloet on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:30 pm

The all-stars are not that tough to pick historically, the big challenge has always been top player, although with upper game limits, might be easier this season.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Denise on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:11 am

jakewilliams wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:This might help with the discussion, for quads, the following players will end with the following records in Divisions A and B (I didn't take the time to check C or D).

Chariot of Fire - 20-3
Chuuuuuck - 15-2
Denise - 11-1
dwilhelmi - 14-1
cachejob - 15-2
Shatners Bassoon - 13-1

Who do you all think is more deserving? I am honestly kind of unsure, I can see arguments for both.


Easy
1. CoF
2. SB
3. cache

;)


:x
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Denise
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 am
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (18)
Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Lubawski on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Denise wrote:
jakewilliams wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:This might help with the discussion, for quads, the following players will end with the following records in Divisions A and B (I didn't take the time to check C or D).

Chariot of Fire - 20-3
Chuuuuuck - 15-2
Denise - 11-1
dwilhelmi - 14-1
cachejob - 15-2
Shatners Bassoon - 13-1

Who do you all think is more deserving? I am honestly kind of unsure, I can see arguments for both.


Easy
1. CoF
2. SB
3. cache

;)


:x


Don't be upset. Jake's dyslexia is just acting up again. He put his bottom 3 up there by mistake.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Lubawski
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Boston, Mass
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Leehar on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Lubawski wrote:
Denise wrote:
jakewilliams wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:This might help with the discussion, for quads, the following players will end with the following records in Divisions A and B (I didn't take the time to check C or D).

Chariot of Fire - 20-3
Chuuuuuck - 15-2
Denise - 11-1
dwilhelmi - 14-1
cachejob - 15-2
Shatners Bassoon - 13-1

Who do you all think is more deserving? I am honestly kind of unsure, I can see arguments for both.


Easy
1. CoF
2. SB
3. cache

;)


:x


Don't be upset. Jake's dyslexia is just acting up again. He put his bottom 3 up there by mistake.

It does raise an interesting issue tho. Basically Chuck put up the top 3 from each of those divisions that he checked, from what I can see. Is there not a case for getting the top performers from each div? :-$
Image
show
User avatar
Colonel Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: Graduation Ceremony
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (23) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (9)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Lubawski on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Any idea of a start date for the playoffs?
Image
User avatar
Colonel Lubawski
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Boston, Mass
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby jpcloet on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Lubawski wrote:Any idea of a start date for the playoffs?


Most of the clans should have had a pretty good idea who they were going to face. I'll setup the privs tomorrow and by the end of next weekend most games should be made I think. The original aim was mid-Jan and we were pretty close, didn't see B&C coming down to the wire like that.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby lokisgal on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:31 pm

are the clans going to be told what the deadline is for making games? would be very helpful to know when we need this done
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right...
Medals: 122
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Eyestone on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:42 am

lokisgal wrote:are the clans going to be told what the deadline is for making games? would be very helpful to know when we need this done


Are you going to procrastrinate? ;) Fix it now and have it ready before the deadline \:D/

Just kidding. A deadline would be nice so we can get it on! 8-) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHKgsa8nBXo)
User avatar
General Eyestone
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Trondheim - Norway
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Lubawski on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:11 am

Eyestone wrote:
lokisgal wrote:are the clans going to be told what the deadline is for making games? would be very helpful to know when we need this done


Are you going to procrastrinate? ;) Fix it now and have it ready before the deadline \:D/


Ours are already decided. We're playing all 9 maps on Battle for Iraq! ;) Our guys are still on suicide watch from those games in our challenge.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Lubawski
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Boston, Mass
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Namor on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Lubawski wrote:
Eyestone wrote:
lokisgal wrote:are the clans going to be told what the deadline is for making games? would be very helpful to know when we need this done


Are you going to procrastrinate? ;) Fix it now and have it ready before the deadline \:D/


Ours are already decided. We're playing all 9 maps on Battle for Iraq! ;) Our guys are still on suicide watch from those games in our challenge.


You're expecting us to choose Iraq... aren't you? ;)
User avatar
Colonel Namor
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:36 am
Location: Isle of Wight
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Eyestone on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:55 pm

We've only played it once so far in the league as we wanted to save the extra free win when we understood we would be playing Empire in the playoffs O:)
User avatar
General Eyestone
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Trondheim - Norway
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Eyestone on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:27 pm

AOC and Empire are planning to exchange games on Friday. If you can arrange for privileges for me and Denise (I believe?) by that time, it would be nice :)
User avatar
General Eyestone
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Trondheim - Norway
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:36 pm

yer denise... :)
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Lubawski on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:22 pm

Namor wrote:
Lubawski wrote:
Eyestone wrote:
lokisgal wrote:are the clans going to be told what the deadline is for making games? would be very helpful to know when we need this done


Are you going to procrastrinate? ;) Fix it now and have it ready before the deadline \:D/


Ours are already decided. We're playing all 9 maps on Battle for Iraq! ;) Our guys are still on suicide watch from those games in our challenge.


You're expecting us to choose Iraq... aren't you? ;)


They still can't get over that on one of our best maps (which we almost never lose) you and Eyestone, who had never played it before, swept them out of it.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Lubawski
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Boston, Mass
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Eyestone on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Lubawski wrote:
Namor wrote:
Lubawski wrote:
Eyestone wrote:
lokisgal wrote:are the clans going to be told what the deadline is for making games? would be very helpful to know when we need this done


Are you going to procrastrinate? ;) Fix it now and have it ready before the deadline \:D/


Ours are already decided. We're playing all 9 maps on Battle for Iraq! ;) Our guys are still on suicide watch from those games in our challenge.


You're expecting us to choose Iraq... aren't you? ;)


They still can't get over that on one of our best maps (which we almost never lose) you and Eyestone, who had never played it before, swept them out of it.


Not entirely correct. I had played it twice before I chose it as home map on the 1vs1 as I found it a one of few maps that wasn't entirely decided after the drop. I then learned a few moves while playing mkcummins but still won almost all of the games as I got to start almost all of them (he had also chosen it as home map) so when we got to the dubs and trips I had developed a good strategy so I was able to lead Namor and Angola in the rest of the games. Now it is propably my favourite map - at least top 3 8-)

Edit: Angola was the third for the trips. Myrelock teamed up in a dubs.
Last edited by Eyestone on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
General Eyestone
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Trondheim - Norway
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Agree - definitely one of the best (if not the best) 1v1 map out there
Image
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
User avatar
General Chariot of Fire
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Hong Kong
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (26)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Agree - definitely one of the best (if not the best) 1v1 map out there

i dunno...chinese checkers is pretty good
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:02 am

Could be, though with a 20 terr start that's a 6 deploy which, making 6 x 4s, could easily drop the oppo <18 and facing a turn where his opponent has 23+ terrs. Thing is in Checkers one is going to go straight for the oppo, not a neut 3, so going first is a huge advantage. In Iraq there's the risk/reward of taking the neut 1s on the Baathists, so most first moves target bonuses rather than oppo 3s. This is why it makes for a more interesting and less dice-dependent game.
Image
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
User avatar
General Chariot of Fire
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Hong Kong
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (26)

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Could be, though with a 20 terr start that's a 6 deploy which, making 6 x 4s, could easily drop the oppo <18 and facing a turn where his opponent has 23+ terrs. Thing is in Checkers one is going to go straight for the oppo, not a neut 3, so going first is a huge advantage. In Iraq there's the risk/reward of taking the neut 1s on the Baathists, so most first moves target bonuses rather than oppo 3s. This is why it makes for a more interesting and less dice-dependent game.

i think my sarcasm was lost on you
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login