1v1 Clan Challenge {winners: Empire}

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby jj3044 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:37 pm

dowian2 wrote:
ljex wrote:can manual be an option for this? its not like team games in the respect that it makes it less strategic, if anything i think it is more strategic and it is more fun to play 1 vs 1 that way


jj3044 wrote:And, so to be clear, beta maps are allowed?


And I sent bart a question via PM... see what happens when you let us in? :P

LOL, we bring problems everywhere we go apparently. ;)
Image
User avatar
Colonel jj3044
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:22 pm
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (23)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby chemefreak on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:55 pm

ljex wrote:can manual be an option for this? its not like team games in the respect that it makes it less strategic, if anything i think it is more strategic and it is more fun to play 1 vs 1 that way


Manual is not allowed. Neither is freestyle. Unlimited only on a few maps. Those were the basic rules. If manual is to be allowed, a few clans, including mine, may reconsider our entry.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
Image
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
User avatar
Lieutenant chemefreak
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 3276
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Columbus (Franklin Park), Ohio
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (6)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby ljex on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:03 am

chemefreak wrote:
ljex wrote:can manual be an option for this? its not like team games in the respect that it makes it less strategic, if anything i think it is more strategic and it is more fun to play 1 vs 1 that way


Manual is not allowed. Neither is freestyle. Unlimited only on a few maps. Those were the basic rules. If manual is to be allowed, a few clans, including mine, may reconsider our entry.


why? manual works great with 1 vs 1, I can understand why it sucks for team games but it is a great setting to use in a 1 vs 1 game IMO and i dont see how the inclusion of a setting would such a difference as to cause your clan to sit out of the event.

can you please provide a logical argument for why it should be left out?
User avatar
Captain ljex
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:12 am
Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby shaneback on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:17 am

ljex wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
ljex wrote:can manual be an option for this? its not like team games in the respect that it makes it less strategic, if anything i think it is more strategic and it is more fun to play 1 vs 1 that way


Manual is not allowed. Neither is freestyle. Unlimited only on a few maps. Those were the basic rules. If manual is to be allowed, a few clans, including mine, may reconsider our entry.


why? manual works great with 1 vs 1, I can understand why it sucks for team games but it is a great setting to use in a 1 vs 1 game IMO and i dont see how the inclusion of a setting would such a difference as to cause your clan to sit out of the event.

can you please provide a logical argument for why it should be left out?


There have been 3.6 million 1 v 1 seq games played here and only 180,000 were manual, which is 5%. It is not really a popular setting, as it rewards going first, which is already an advantage.
Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Colonel shaneback
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:12 pm
Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (13)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (1)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby ljex on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:52 am

shaneback wrote:
ljex wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
ljex wrote:can manual be an option for this? its not like team games in the respect that it makes it less strategic, if anything i think it is more strategic and it is more fun to play 1 vs 1 that way


Manual is not allowed. Neither is freestyle. Unlimited only on a few maps. Those were the basic rules. If manual is to be allowed, a few clans, including mine, may reconsider our entry.


why? manual works great with 1 vs 1, I can understand why it sucks for team games but it is a great setting to use in a 1 vs 1 game IMO and i dont see how the inclusion of a setting would such a difference as to cause your clan to sit out of the event.

can you please provide a logical argument for why it should be left out?


There have been 3.6 million 1 v 1 seq games played here and only 180,000 were manual, which is 5%. It is not really a popular setting, as it rewards going first, which is already an advantage.


Well lets be fair, there have been way more doubles games (424473) than there have been quads (56135) but quads accounts for more games in clan league, cc cup2 and a lot of challenges so clearly number of games played on certain settings should dictate what games clans played. Second, automatic has been here since the site was first around, manual only since late 2009 so that is a skewed statistic. Thirdly, this is a 1 vs 1 challenge clearly luck is going to be a big factor in the games but beyond that I am a big believer that skill is way more important in manual 1 vs 1 than it is in automatic 1 vs 1. Along with unlimited, I don't see why if you think a setting will make it more luck you decide to say it is not allowed in the competition. If that were the case why would anyone host games on those settings? If it were such a luck game then they would have no advantage choosing that as a home map/settings, it just makes no sense to take away "luck based settings" because it thats what they truly were no one would choose them for their home maps anyway...
User avatar
Captain ljex
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:12 am
Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby nippersean on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:24 am

ljex wrote:
can you please provide a logical argument for why it should be left out?


Ljex,

Yep - it's in the rules (on page 1)
"For purposes of this event there will be no freestyle, or manual settings. Unlimited forts will be allowed on certain (primarily single start) maps only (Feudal War, Feudal Epic, AOR1, AOR2, AOR3, Galapagos, Jamaica, New World, Lunar War, Poker Club, Monsters, Arms Race) (please let me know if I've missed any)"

Nipp
Colonel nippersean
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:47 am
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby Lubawski on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:44 am

Manual paired with freestyle is basically cheating in any event because you can guarantee your first turn. I haven't played manual sequential, so I really don't have a comment, but the rules are set, so let's not turn this into a discussion. We knew the rules when we signed up.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Lubawski
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Boston, Mass
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby danryan on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 am

If manual is in, we're out. End of story. Same for freestyle. Sequential and Automatic are baseline requirements from my perspective.
User avatar
Lieutenant danryan
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:30 pm
Medals: 152
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (14)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby MegasWoman on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 am

danryan wrote:If manual is in, we're out. End of story. Same for freestyle. Sequential and Automatic are baseline requirements from my perspective.


Ditto.
User avatar
Major MegasWoman
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Texas
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (13)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby ljex on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 pm

nippersean wrote:
ljex wrote:
can you please provide a logical argument for why it should be left out?


Ljex,

Yep - it's in the rules (on page 1)
"For purposes of this event there will be no freestyle, or manual settings. Unlimited forts will be allowed on certain (primarily single start) maps only (Feudal War, Feudal Epic, AOR1, AOR2, AOR3, Galapagos, Jamaica, New World, Lunar War, Poker Club, Monsters, Arms Race) (please let me know if I've missed any)"

Nipp


yes i see it in the rules, why does everyone hate manual 1 vs 1. Also im not even saying freestyle should be in i think its good that its not, but i would like to know why manual is not. Or why people would leave if manual were allowed?
User avatar
Captain ljex
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:12 am
Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby Denise on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:24 pm

ljex wrote:
nippersean wrote:
ljex wrote:
can you please provide a logical argument for why it should be left out?


Ljex,

Yep - it's in the rules (on page 1)
"For purposes of this event there will be no freestyle, or manual settings. Unlimited forts will be allowed on certain (primarily single start) maps only (Feudal War, Feudal Epic, AOR1, AOR2, AOR3, Galapagos, Jamaica, New World, Lunar War, Poker Club, Monsters, Arms Race) (please let me know if I've missed any)"

Nipp


yes i see it in the rules, why does everyone hate manual 1 vs 1. Also im not even saying freestyle should be in i think its good that its not, but i would like to know why manual is not. Or why people would leave if manual were allowed?


Because it is not a popular setting, and many players don't know where to put their little troops in manual. (thinking of myself, here). I wouldn't know how to play manual.
Last edited by Denise on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Denise
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 am
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17)
Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby jpcloet on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:47 pm

People just don't want to play manual. We had a good discussion about manual for Season 3 of the league, and after a test run (especially 1v1) the players that stacked and found the other stack first (usually who played first) won 90% of the time. I'd be up for manual if you could limit the number of troops placed, however, the game log does not show where you actually deployed so now way to track or limit.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby Bones2484 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 pm

MegasWoman wrote:
danryan wrote:If manual is in, we're out. End of story. Same for freestyle. Sequential and Automatic are baseline requirements from my perspective.


Ditto.


I highly doubt Bart will allow it, don't worry guys.
User avatar
Major Bones2484
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA (G1)
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby barterer2002 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Yeah, manual isn't going to be in on this one guys (sorry, busy weekend here for me).

Have a few other maps that have been suggested for Unlimited forts. Let me know what y'all think. They look OK to me

City Mogul, Peloponnesian War, Das Schloss, Route 66, Treasures of Galapagos, WWII Poland, Clandemonium, King's Court
Image
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant barterer2002
 
Posts: 5971
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:51 am
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (33) General Contribution (2)

Re: 1v1 Clan Challenge

Postby benga on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:12 pm

barterer2002 wrote:Yeah, manual isn't going to be in on this one guys (sorry, busy weekend here for me).

Have a few other maps that have been suggested for Unlimited forts. Let me know what y'all think. They look OK to me

City Mogul, Peloponnesian War, Das Schloss, Route 66, Treasures of Galapagos, WWII Poland, Clandemonium, King's Court



Isn't this no beta?
mislick!
User avatar
Colonel benga
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm
Medals: 164
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login