Conquer Club

[ACC] The All Comers Cup - Final

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [ACC] The All Comers Cup - Semi-Finals

Postby L M S on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:18 am

The only (Chewbaca style) defense we have heard so far from the Mermaids on this is 'Shut up L M S, you are crazy.'

Lets just look at it again.
Burnin STARTED at least 3 speed games during the time in question. I haven't even looked yet to see if he took any OTHER turns.
So that means he logged on, went straight to his active games , decided NOT to take the turn in the Hive then went to the create a game menu, set up 3 different speed games, WAITED for them to fill, played through all three of them to the end, then KNOWING he had a turn up in at least the Hive game where time was running down, logged off and forgot to take the turn.
How long do we suppose that entire process took? Assuming he did NOTHING else on CC during the time in question (a full 24 hours).

The way I see it there are only a few explanations.
Either:
-He was scared to take the turn.
-Someone other than Burnin' was logged in to his account during the time in question and played some speeders but was uncomfortable taking the turns for him in a clan war/tourney game. (which is also against site rules)
-He was truly unavailable and his sitters failed and didn't realize that he was about to miss a crucial turn in a clan war/tourney game and no-one in his clan noticed, (that is going to decide the winner of the round) which also means that someone OTHER than Burnin played those speeders.
-He didnt have the time (we already know this is untrue).
-His team DECIDED to DELIBERATELY miss the turn in order to try and gain a tactical advantage in the game. Keep in mind, they don't have to win this game outright, all they have to do is PROLONG it past 25 rounds to get the win in the tourney. Since they have a player on the ropes this is TACTICALLY, the only reason to attempt this type of strategic stall tactic.

Lets look at what was done with the deferred troops turn.
Burnin deployed on himself then attacked team one, reducing his army/terit count therefore his next troop deployment, then dropped the deferred troops on the player near elimination in a far corner of the map...so instead of 4 extra troops this turn he will have 20 extra troops to help him stay alive instead of 8. Burnin WOULD NOT HAVE been able to accomplish this had he taken his turns, he would have had to choose between dropping his teammate and attacking or splitting his drop between the two. Even had he taken both turns and split his drop he would have been unable to take as many troops/terits from team one as he would have had fewer troops to drop in the first place, the fact not withstanding that orange may have been eliminated anyway by then.. Again they don't have to win outright, all they have to do is prolong the game and since team 1 is currently winning the game this is their only shot at winning the match even though they are going to lose the game.

Lets have the game chat posted, unedited from the time in question...PROVE me wrong and I'll shut up, and since I know for a fact the the Fatty's religiously communicate turns and the like on SKYPE, lets see that too..unedited.

Not to mention the tourney rules also specifically state that deliberately missing a turn results in the game being awarded to the other team.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Didn't know Chewie could talk

You have eclipsed several other classy folks on this site in making a big deal out of nothing.

I wont hold it against your clan-mates, or maybe not even you as it may just be a product of your upbringing and environment.

His team DECIDED to DELIBERATELY miss the turn in order to try and gain a tactical advantage in the game

All complete fantasy mate, crazy.

team 1 is currently winning the game

Only since the miss :lol: You should have filed the C&A under "Intentionally throwing the game" :lol:

He didnt have the time (we already know this is untrue).

I suppoose you were outside his house watching through the curtains :lol:

Lets just look at it again.

Yeah, grab your microsscopes guys ...
Burnin STARTED at least 3 speed games during the time in question. I haven't even looked yet to see if he took any OTHER turns.
So that means he logged on, went straight to his active games

Dont forget the forensics, the pubic hair on his living room floor is timed to exactly this point, so he must have scratched his balls exactly as he logged on ...
decided NOT to take the turn in the Hive then went to the create a game menu, set up 3 different speed games, WAITED for them to fill, played through all three of them to the end, then KNOWING he had a turn up in at least the Hive game where time was running down, logged off

Our super-geek techies are at work as we speak, they have dropped monitoring bugs of top democrats and are checking whether he logged-off at this point or left his pc logged-on
and forgot to take the turn

Agents are heading chaoz's way with the latest lie-detector equipment to see whether he forgot the turn, was told not to do it, was physically restrained from making it or decided not to himself or with others ...

How long do we suppose that entire process took?

Examining the speed games prior to the miss would give us an indication. It is not as long as you have spent investigating but that's high-profile detective work for ya ;)

Here are some more options as to how come he played a speed game 2 hours before the deadline, then 20 minutes after:

• He was wondering about the house for his shotgun to shoot the wierdo spying on him in the bushes.
  • He and Donny had important business with the goat.
  • That Jerry Springer episode with you on it came on tv
  • His demanding misses was being a woman
  • DJ, Gallant and donny (possibly Bogan as well - some bystander accounts mention a fourth man) ariived in cognito and bound him to a chair for 2 hours to prevent him taking his turn.
  • He got arrested (select your own option for why) then released on bail
  • He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and had a mid-life crisis
  • He had a few clients drop in
  • He went to the shop for some smokes and bumped into .... (several options here)
  • Cos his music was too loud, the neighbour banged hard on the wall, causing several weighty objects to fall from the shelf above his PC and smash his monitor screen, so he went to PC world for a new one and had to spend hours registering it, insisting he didnt want insurance, he was entirely satisfied with the service he had receieved and that he didnt want anything else. As the shop's only pen had run out of ink, he had to wait even longer while the assistant went to the supermarket for a new one, phoned head office to check the correct procedure for reclaiming the cost on expenses, so that he could that he could fill in the feedback scorecard for the assistant on who's life it depended due to the company's scorecard rating average 'redundancy' policy.
  • He was busy saving the world as he is secretly a spy ;-)
  • The girl over the road was getting busy with a horse and had left the curtains open
  • His dog ate his homework threw up all over his monitor - took hours to clean
  • Living in a Capitalist state his ISP were providing the crappest possible bandwidth they could get away with, so when the herd of goats went home and simultaneously logged-on, the ISP crashed for a couple of hours.
  • He was pissed, but not excessively, so played speed games, banging hard on his keyboard to try and get good dice, but knew he was too pissed to play an important game, so he went for a shower to try and sober himself up, and found the goat in the shower ...
  • At that time, it is part of the Fatties religion to honour the goat in prayer
  • An ugly girl kissed him and he turned into a frog. Fortunately she wasn't too ugly so he reverted back soon enough :D
  • King Herpes knocked at the front door, so he hid behind the sofa - Herpes kept knocking for hours until he realised he was late for his IA meeting (presumably with lokis) and his all-important Impotent Announcement.
  • He cant remember but it will all be revealed in the next series of the X-Files
  • Donny and the goat conspired to spike him with rohipnol
  • Despite being 40, in true all-american, yeehah, deep-south tradition, his mum comes round once-a-week to spank him for all his sins
  • God himself paid chaoz a visit with a very important mission ...
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby L M S on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:44 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Didn't know Chewie could talk

You have eclipsed several other classy folks on this site in making a big deal out of nothing.

I wont hold it against your clan-mates, or maybe not even you as it may just be a product of your upbringing and environment.

His team DECIDED to DELIBERATELY miss the turn in order to try and gain a tactical advantage in the game

All complete fantasy mate, crazy.

I was born a poor, black child.....
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby anonymus on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 pm

macbone wrote:What I don't see is any denial of intentional deadbeating. The silence is deafening, guys.

yes why dont you and PMS add to it?

and then lets give these nice people their thread back..

end transmission

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby Commander9 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:56 pm

All I can say is that I am extremely disappointed with that Mermaids have done and keep on doing right now. I would say that it's pretty clear that he did not want to take the turn for one reason or another (his teammates might have been or not been involved). There's a reason why there are 24 hour turns and he has taken plenty of turns in between that and his miss and even was online during the time the Hive turn was missed. Since you are the tournament organizer (DJ Teflon) and you are in this, I honestly don't expect to see any fair outcomes, but these type of things sadden me a lot.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Commander9 wrote:All I can say is that I am extremely disappointed with that Mermaids have done and keep on doing right now. I would say that it's pretty clear that he did not want to take the turn for one reason or another (his teammates might have been or not been involved). There's a reason why there are 24 hour turns and he has taken plenty of turns in between that and his miss and even was online during the time the Hive turn was missed. Since you are the tournament organizer (DJ Teflon) and you are in this, I honestly don't expect to see any fair outcomes, but these type of things sadden me a lot.

Dont be sad, the geeks are busy looking for evidence ...

I am sure they will prove you and LMS must be right. After all, there are yanks in the fatties team too so they must be corrupt and lying.

... and, forgot to mention, one of the agents with the new lie-detector is Bourne himself :D

He will of course also travel to England using another identity and force Teflon to change the rules too. ;)

Then good ole American Justice will be done and Liberty can eat her ice cream at last! =D> =D>

Then we can move on to the side issue and bomb Iraq and take help them sell their oil 'cos we know they have WMDs. ;) Oh, we've done that, err, Iran then. ;)

Dont worry about not having the last word either - when this thread returns to normal and I announce the eventual result, you can all hijack it again with your wonderful thoughts of joy and humanity.

Got to go now, sorry, in a rush, I have some no spoils turns to miss ;)

:D

Postby L M S on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Keep poking fun, flaming me, and deflecting the issue, its cool....
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Maybe not so cool.

Humour apart, its pretty annoying to be accused.

Time we dropped the argument I think.

Apologies if I have annoyed anyone with sarcasm.

:)

Postby chemefreak on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Let's keep it civil in this thread. If a complaint is going to be made regarding/involving the TO, please bring it directly to the CDs. Arguing about it here isn't going to help since I'm not going to take the time to read all this crap! Thanks!

As per the conflict rules in the OP:

The 1st step is to work it out between yourselves, next step is me (DJ Teflon) and last would be CDs.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby L M S on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, Cheme I have already tried the first two.

To save you some brain damage, just start on page 27 of this thread, about halfway down and follow from there.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chemefreak on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:28 pm

L M S wrote:Well, Cheme I have already tried the first two.

To save you some brain damage, just start on page 27 of this thread, about halfway down and follow from there.

Okay. Check your mailboxes in a bit. Let's keep it clean in this thread until the CDs review this. Thanks!
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Commander9 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:27 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Dont be sad, the geeks are busy looking for evidence ...

I am sure they will prove you and LMS must be right. After all, there are yanks in the fatties team too so they must be corrupt and lying.

... and, forgot to mention, one of the agents with the new lie-detector is Bourne himself :D

He will of course also travel to England using another identity and force Teflon to change the rules too. ;)

Then good ole American Justice will be done and Liberty can eat her ice cream at last! =D> =D>

Then we can move on to the side issue and bomb Iraq and take help them sell their oil 'cos we know they have WMDs. ;) Oh, we've done that, err, Iran then. ;)

Dont worry about not having the last word either - when this thread returns to normal and I announce the eventual result, you can all hijack it again with your wonderful thoughts of joy and humanity.

Got to go now, sorry, in a rush, I have some no spoils turns to miss ;)

If you think that I'd not agree with digs at yanks.. I do whole-heartedly - I'm not any less European (Technically even more, because I'm from the continental part of it) :lol:

On-topic: Personally, I'd have been fine if you've at least admitted that it gave you an advantage. Also, we can't prove that turn was intentionally missed without the chat or skype conversation and we understand that. All the evidence does point to that, but if your clanmate would come out and actually let us know what happened (instead of as it was put trying to annoy us), maybe something would change.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby chemefreak on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 am

After due consideration, here is how the CDs find:

There is no definitive evidence of an intentional miss by burninchaoz. Even if there were, the rules of this tournament do not prohibit the missing of turns in "no spoils" games. Accordingly, the TO's ruling was correct and everyone needs to move on. Thank you for your patience and allowing the CDs time to review the matter.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby pearljamrox2 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 am

I like Ice cream
Major pearljamrox2

Postby danryan on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:22 am

pearljamrox2 wrote:I like Ice cream

I like bacon.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby L M S on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:30 am

I like both bacon and ice cream.

I just want to thank the TO's, the CD's, the MH's, the DJ's, the, KA's and the TFO's for looking into this and making a decision quickly. It seems that old L M S is indeed crazy, I can live with that and move on as all good acronyms eventually do.

Sorry to the 4 people I jumped for mistakenly accusing you of wrong-doing, you didn't deserve it...it was never personal.

I still am left with ONE unanswered question however. Someone please help a dumb guy out and answer it so I can go back to my dark hole and rock back and forth cursing the dice incessantly.

How does an experienced CC'er log on, play at the very least three speed games from start to finish then accidentally miss a pretty important turn?
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Guessing we're ignoring the 25 round limit rule for the tournament? As it already has been ignored in 2 prior games during earlier rounds?

This issue (and this wasn't realised by the mods) affected the length of this game (that was looking like finishing in FOED's favour around round 24/25 and now looks like round 26/27 because of the missed turn - HUGE F*CKING ADVANTAGE THERE IN THE CONTEXT OF THE TOURNAMENT RULES BY THE WAY, NOT THE GAME - THAT'S NOT WHAT THE ARGUMENT IS ABOUT) so guessing BOTFM will be sporting and can that limit, just going by the game result instead?

Thanks.
Bye.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby chemefreak on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:19 pm

I thought we put this to bed L M S? People forget turns all the time. They are busy at work, etc. We can't say for sure the miss was intentional. Also, EVEN IF IT WERE, it is not a violation of the rules of THIS tournament.

Also, we are not morons. We saw the round limit issue. However, we fail to see how the missed turn extended the game in anyway. It appears that you probably would not have been able to finish in 25 rounds anyway. Adjacent on Hive...you should all be flogged!

Now, back to business. Any snarky comments can be directed towards me in a pm. Not here. Thanks.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby L M S on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:59 pm

chemefreak wrote:I thought we put this to bed L M S? People forget turns all the time. They are busy at work, etc. We can't say for sure the miss was intentional. Also, EVEN IF IT WERE, it is not a violation of the rules of THIS tournament.

Also, we are not morons. We saw the round limit issue. However, we fail to see how the missed turn extended the game in anyway. It appears that you probably would not have been able to finish in 25 rounds anyway. Adjacent on Hive...you should all be flogged!

Now, back to business. Any snarky comments can be directed towards me in a pm. Not here. Thanks.

You are correct Cheme, we are done with the issue.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:43 pm

So Bofm will advance to these technicalities? Seems kinda lame, no offence
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:07 am

Leehar wrote:So Bofm will advance to these technicalities? Seems kinda lame, no offence

The scoring system was discussed at length at the beginning of the tournament. It was designed for exactly this kind of scenario, where extended games (such as no spoils, adjacent Hive) would have otherwise stalled the tournament from progressing. If the game in question is not concluded by the end of 25 rounds then the game is declared a draw for tournament purposes.

The winning team will advance by virtue of having scored more points, the sane technicality that has applied throughout the tournament.

This is another of those close battles, fortunately not affected by false accusations.

Round 25 has started in the final game so it will be either won or drawn soon.

Again, in the final, my Tournamanet Assistant, jghost7, will be on hand for independant decisions at Tournament Organiser level.

Postby danryan on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:17 am

FOED will win more games in the challenge but BOFM will advance. Well done mermaids, you won the rules game even if you couldn't win more games in the challenge.

And with that, gl in the final.

Edit: because of course this was all about not stalling the tournament. k thx bye.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby L M S on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:06 am

Dynasty vs. *BotFM

how exciting.

I gotta go with *BotFM in the finals to win...You guys have the skill but to win easily, but they have the law on their side, sorry Dynasty.
Last edited by L M S on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby HippieBroker on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 pm

congrats mermaids. and good luck in the finals.

Not very often a team ends up losing the war but advances! Congratulations! You've set a precedent!

And DJ... I believe the 25 round limit was put in to avoid "stalemates" that delayed the tourney. The hive game is not a stalemate...the outcome is decided...it is a foed win. I think even you mermaids can acknowledge that!

you have other games in this tourney that have gone past 25 rounds. So why is that not allowed here?
No need to respond to that. Everyone already knows why.

in the grand scheme of things this doesn't matter at all. it is only an online game.
Still a pretty lousy way to lose a war....when you don't actually lose!

Enjoy the finals!
May you have less drama than you did in this one!
cheers
Colonel HippieBroker

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Congratulations to BotFM for a completely deserved win in the semi-finals with ability to advance even with managing to lose more games, lose a tie breaker and managing to apply that was done to avoid stalemates to help decide the outcome of the game that was not a stalemate and that would have ended really soon to their favour. What an awesome, fair bunch just filled with integrity you are :)

Again congrats and good luck in the finals with Dynasty - although I'm sure you won't need that :) See if perhaps you'd apply some other rules around that didn't apply to this tournament in general, but would apply just for the final alone. Heck, I'm sure DJ can do it :)
Lieutenant Commander9

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges