Conquer Club

PACK vs EMPIRE 38-23 Final 4/14

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PACK vs EMPIRE 29-18

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 am

Well the war has been fun PACK. Thank you to the members of the team who played hard, made the games fun and stopped posting in their so called "harmless" manner here. You guys have some great players in your group, being new to EMPIRE I couldn't rate your play as compared to other clands but I know you guys did a good job from where I played. Best of luck to those players.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Re: PACK vs EMPIRE 27-17

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 am

grifftron wrote:what makes you think your special enough that smegal to the 6 to the 9 was even talking about yourself when he said "you"?

smegal69 wrote:
Sounds like a group that never got over middle school

thats right you have just had your ass kicked by a pack of snotty-nose pimply 10-12 year old :-$ we won't tell anyone

Ahhh... that's right. Middle school kids who either haven't got to 7th grade English class yet, or failed to understand basic reading comprehension. Don't worry young one, that is why we have conquerclub forums. So random members on an internet site can teach you these things.

You see above, semgal "to the 6 to the 9" quoted me directly above his sentence. And then he replied directly to that quote saying "you have just..." In English, that "you" is understood to be about the person you quoted. Actually, most public schools took on a program called Shirley Temple (I may have the name wrong) where they would even have the students say out loud after the sentence "Who has just had their ass kicked by the Pack?", then answer their own question, "You did." Then ask again, "Who is you?" and again reply to themselves "Chuck is." They would gather that You = Chuck from being the person who previously spoke or was previously talked about in the sentence.

I see from the reply, that ljex understood all of this. I know he is in college, maybe they taught him this complex sentence structuring there, but I am guessing he probably learned it long before that. With this basic understanding, he replied to make a simple correction.

I can also see from the replies, that you have no basic understanding of these concepts because you proceeded to reply and make yourself look stupid. I fear that maybe even this post was a little complicated for you. If that is true, please reply using what little vocabulary you have. And I can try to direct you to some sites that are better equipped to teaching to the learning impaired than I am.

Segal "to the 6 to the 9," I am sorry you got dragged into this. I feel you understood exactly what was going on and just had a small misunderstanding that I am not in Empire. Which is reasonable since I was in Empire a long time ago.
Last edited by Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 am

Chuuuuck wrote:
grifftron wrote:what makes you think your special enough that smegal to the 6 to the 9 was even talking about yourself when he said "you"?

smegal69 wrote:

thats right you have just had your ass kicked by a pack of snotty-nose pimply 10-12 year old :-$ we won't tell anyone

Ahhh... that's right. Middle school kids who either haven't got to 7th grade English class yet, or failed to understand basic reading comprehension. Don't worry young one, that is why we have conquerclub forums. So random members on an internet site can teach you these things.

You see above, semgal "to the 6 to the 9" quoted me directly above his sentence. And then he replied directly to that quote saying "you have just..." In English, that "you" is understood to be about the person you quoted. Actually, most public schools took on a program called Shirley Temple (I may have the name wrong) where they would even have the students say out loud after the sentence "Who has just had their ass kicked by the Pack?", then answer their own question, "You did." Then ask again, "Who is you?" and again reply to themselves "Chuck is." They would gather that You = Chuck from being the person who previously spoke or was previously talked about in the sentence.

I see from the reply, that ljex understood all of this. I know he is in college, maybe they taught him this complex sentence structuring there, but I am guessing he probably learned it long before that. With this basic understanding, he replied to make a simple correction.

I can also see from the replies, that you have no basic understanding of these concepts because you proceeded to reply and make yourself look stupid. I fear that maybe even this post was a little complicated for you. If that is true, please reply using what little vocabulary you have. And I can try to direct you to some sites that are better equipped to teaching to the learning impaired than I am.

Segal "to the 6 to the 9," I am sorry you got dragged into this. I feel you understood exactly what was going on and just had a small misunderstanding that I am not in Empire. Which is reasonable since I was in Empire a long time ago.

Oh my goodness. I just realized what a mistake I made. Here I am trying to explain subjective pronouns to you (griftron) and I use a bunch of them in the explanation. To make this more simple for you (griftron), I bolded all of the "yous" above that were talking about you (griftron).

I even highlighted a couple of verbs red in there, where there was an "understood you" also referring to you (griftron). We can get more into the "understood you" topic if you (griftron) really need to.

I apologize for making that assumption that you (griftron) were smart enough to understand that.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby jalen45 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:56 am

GeneralRisk wrote:
peanutsdad wrote:hhmmmm, i feel for you empire, seems that was about like our score at this point in our war against the pack. But as i said in the thread earlier, i figured pack would pull this out. Of course it's not over yet, but it's not looking good for ya Empire.
Many of their top players have jumped ship and gone to tofu so maybe we well face them again in the fall because Kort and TSM appear too wimpy to challenge us and or accept our challenge and thorta is irrelevant.

:lol: "wimpy".... i like it.

im sure you know what the real reason is, just like most clans do. not worth the time and effort, we only play top clans. sorry pal. talk to us in a year or so when we are on the same page.
Colonel jalen45

Postby tec805 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:57 am

Chuuuuck wrote: "yous"

Don't "yous" bleet a lot?

show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby Commander62890 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:I am well aware you know all of their players didn't go to TOFU because it isn't true. But I am trying to pay a compliment to the ones that are being put down here, as well as point out the false statements for the casual passer-by so there aren't those out there that talk about Empire and then say "I heard all of their best players bailed after losing to The Pack." Your clan's jokes and fun nature don't bother me any, but it is pretty sad when you all have to make your jokes at the expense of someone else. Sounds like a group that never got over middle school.

EXACTLY. Great post, Chuck.

Good-natured joking and competitive trash talking is fine, but it's problematic when you twist the truth and use it to make yourself look good, and another clan look bad. You may think that the bullshit you spew is all in good fun, and many agree with you... but others do not. Furthermore, there is the problem of historical representation and discursive violence. By continually spinning the truth, you create and perpetuate a biased version of history, one that leaves out certain key facts. Say anything enough times, even something irrational, and it will ingrain itself in the conscious and subconscious thoughts of others. At some point, it's not a joke anymore, no matter how strongly you believe it is... it's just your perverted, twisted version of events. The line between competitive trash-talking and shameless propaganda isn't always clear, but it's clearly been crossed in this case.

Another example of this is Owenshooter's portrayal of THOTA as a group of perpetual cheaters. Of course, I'm extremely biased in that case, but I would like to imagine there are some who agree with me, despite the unfortunate fact that very few choose to do so publicly.

I believe that we as a community should put our foot down in cases like these, where past events are deliberately distorted and portrayed in a malicious, negative light... and then repeated over and over and over again, under the guise of "trash-talking," or, worse yet, "joking." When you leave out key historical facts, yet still structure your argument as if you're presenting the whole picture and know all the facts, you're committing an offense far more destructive and morally reprehensible than by merely lying outright.
Major Commander62890

Postby tec805 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Commander62890 wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:I am well aware you know all of their players didn't go to TOFU

Griff touch a tender spot?

show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby Sniper08 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Commander62890 wrote:At some point, it's not a joke anymore, no matter how strongly you believe it is... it's just your perverted, twisted version of events. The line between competitive trash-talking and shameless propaganda isn't always clear, but it's clearly been crossed in this case.

seriously, a line crossed? Does anyone in their right mind believe players from empire left because of The Pack because i suggest they seek medical help immediatedly if they do. We all know they didnt leave because of us, thats why its a JOKE as no one believes its true , so all the talk of crossed lines you really need to put things in perspective before you start spouting it.

Twisting/spinning truths only applies if one side is trying to get a point across, Can war threads not have banter anymore these days?. its stopped becoming a joke when Empire started talking it seriously and not light hearted as it was intended. this whole thing has been blown way out of perportion and extended by people just not letting it go.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby codeblue1018 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Commander62890 wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:I am well aware you know all of their players didn't go to TOFU because it isn't true. But I am trying to pay a compliment to the ones that are being put down here, as well as point out the false statements for the casual passer-by so there aren't those out there that talk about Empire and then say "I heard all of their best players bailed after losing to The Pack." Your clan's jokes and fun nature don't bother me any, but it is pretty sad when you all have to make your jokes at the expense of someone else. Sounds like a group that never got over middle school.

Good-natured joking and competitive trash talking is fine, but it's problematic when you twist the truth and use it to make yourself look good, and another clan look bad. You may think that the bullshit you spew is all in good fun, and many agree with you... but others do not. Furthermore, there is the problem of historical representation and discursive violence. By continually spinning the truth, you create and perpetuate a biased version of history, one that leaves out certain key facts. Say anything enough times, even something irrational, and it will ingrain itself in the conscious and subconscious thoughts of others. At some point, it's not a joke anymore, no matter how strongly you believe it is... it's just your perverted, twisted version of events. The line between competitive trash-talking and shameless propaganda isn't always clear, but it's clearly been crossed in this case.

Another example of this is Owenshooter's portrayal of THOTA as a group of perpetual cheaters. Of course, I'm extremely biased in that case, but I would like to imagine there are some who agree with me, despite the unfortunate fact that very few choose to do so publicly.

I believe that we as a community should put our foot down in cases like these, where past events are deliberately distorted and portrayed in a malicious, negative light... and then repeated over and over and over again, under the guise of "trash-talking," or, worse yet, "joking." When you leave out key historical facts, yet still structure your argument as if you're presenting the whole picture and know all the facts, you're committing an offense far more destructive and morally reprehensible than by merely lying outright.

Great posts by the two of you and I 100% agree as most of us do. I say most with the obvious exception to the pack or whoever they are.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby lynch5762 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:19 pm

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!

I guess is is time for the pack to go BACK to sensitivity training... (or is it?) What a freaking joke.

For the record... there have been 4 posts by the pack that directly poke fun or mention empire members leaving to join whomever. 5! yes a whole................ 5! (and 3 from one player) Yet here we go again... boo hoo hoo the pack. they are so mean.... They will never play any top clans because they are sooooooooooo mean in their threads... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Denise this is not directed at you. You took it personal and it wasn't meant that way but I think you know that now. This is directed at the dozens of posts that have followed. I find THESE posts laughable as someone mentioned earlier. We have been called a clan of bunch of people that never finished middle school but no one takes offense to that comment.

I just think it is a joke that there were 4 or 5 jabs from us and here comes all the negativity about our clan. blah blah blah.

No offense to Empire as a lot of these posts where from outside parties. This has been a tough war and you have our respect for sure.
Captain lynch5762

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:30 pm

lynch5762 wrote:OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!

I guess is is time for the pack to go BACK to sensitivity training... (or is it?) What a freaking joke.

For the record... there have been 4 posts by the pack that directly poke fun or mention empire members leaving to join whomever. 5! yes a whole................ 5! (and 3 from one player) Yet here we go again... boo hoo hoo the pack. they are so mean.... They will never play any top clans because they are sooooooooooo mean in their threads... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Denise this is not directed at you. You took it personal and it wasn't meant that way but I think you know that now. This is directed at the dozens of posts that have followed. I find THESE posts laughable as someone mentioned earlier. We have been called a clan of bunch of people that never finished middle school but no one takes offense to that comment.

I just think it is a joke that there were 4 or 5 jabs from us and here comes all the negativity about our clan. blah blah blah.

No offense to Empire as a lot of these posts where from outside parties. This has been a tough war and you have our respect for sure.

It appears you struggle with math also.

You count all of our rebuttal posts as "not dropping the subject" and added them to our tally for keeping this going but conveniently don't count any of your clan members rebuttal posts in between, only the ones that directly made fun of them.

Another very convenient decision you made was to leave out all of the posts making this same joke in other threads. I have seen a handful myself and I don't even look through that many threads, no telling how many there are. Those are more importantly why I came by to say anything.

You all want to poke fun at everyone you encounter (note: like others said, not just having friendly banter, but actually poke fun at your opponents), then you get your panties in a wad more than anyone when you are called out.

I think all anyone is trying to say here is, not everyone sees your "put downs" the way you all see them. You all see them as jokes, others do not.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby codeblue1018 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:

You count all of our rebuttal posts as "not dropping the subject" and added them to our tally for keeping this going but conveniently don't count any of your clan members rebuttal posts in between, only the ones that directly made fun of them.

Another very convenient decision you made was to leave out all of the posts making this same joke in other threads. I have seen a handful myself and I don't even look through that many threads, no telling how many there are. Those are more importantly why I came by to say anything.

You all want to poke fun at everyone you encounter (note: like others said, not just having friendly banter, but actually poke fun at your opponents), then you get your panties in a wad more than anyone when you are called out.

I think all anyone is trying to say here is, not everyone sees your "put downs" the way you all see them. You all see them as jokes, others do not.

Chuuuuck, simply put; just like the old adage; birds of a feather....... They simply can't help themselves as most of their war threads are miraculously similar. One member of the pack had the balls to call out my clan (TSM) and Kort in the same sentence saying that in essence we are afraid to play them, lol PLEASE! He also referred to Thota as irrelvant! Seriously? Thota by far has one of the strongest lineups I've seen not too mention, a polite clan to boot. Take note pack.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby betiko on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:08 pm

-chuuuck i said no more grumpy bears! you can only post funshine bear posts in this thread, or you are not welcome. your posts are a bit long, boring and repetitive.
-who gives a crap about what we joked about? stop taking this web browser game as something really important, and clans as a legacy to humanity. just chill out people! this is a problem between the pack and empire, if you can really call this a problem!
-are there really people that have so much time in their hands that go through complete war thread archives to analyse why this or that clan won?

Now I'd like to see more in this thread jj, the voice, malevolous, swimmerdude, denise and all reasonable people that can move on this type of pointless subject, because this has turned into a usual pack lynching with all the same guys bringing in their 2 cents as usual.

who's your next oponent empire, you've got a new challenge coming up after this?
Major betiko

Postby John Deere on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:14 pm

jalen45 wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
peanutsdad wrote:hhmmmm, i feel for you empire, seems that was about like our score at this point in our war against the pack. But as i said in the thread earlier, i figured pack would pull this out. Of course it's not over yet, but it's not looking good for ya Empire.
Many of their top players have jumped ship and gone to tofu so maybe we well face them again in the fall because Kort and TSM appear too wimpy to challenge us and or accept our challenge and thorta is irrelevant.

im sure you know what the real reason is, just like most clans do. not worth the time and effort, we only play top clans. sorry pal. talk to us in a year or so when we are on the same page.

Very nice! I love how you just insulted EMPIRE and IA :lol: We beat them and I consider them "Top" clans but I guess you dont. :? Anybody who would think we arent in the top 5 are foolish! What is top to your elite pompis ass? Top 2? :lol: :lol: :lol:

To the rest of you, grow up! We get the same crap every time we beat somebody and prove the clan world wrong in there ignorant predictions :D Have a good day kids!
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby Foxglove on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Why hasn't the Pack signed up for CC3 yet? It'll be your best opportunity to prove yourselves and play as many top clans as you can handle.

Oh, and don't worry about everyone despising you, they're all just no-fun grumpy bears. I don't think I've ever seen anyone not in your clan defend your actions, but it's not you, it's them! And hey, if you ever need some some illiterate drivel posted on your behalf, or even some fluffing or a reach-around, feel free to reach out to eddie2 - he always seems to be up for that sort of thing.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby John Deere on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Foxglove wrote: I don't think I've ever seen anyone not in your clan defend your actions, but it's not you, it's them!

You just like everyone else only notice the bad stuff. But once again your dead wrong, plenty of people have backed us up when idiots spew there drivel. But hey get on the band wagon and throw them stones at us like everyone else. :lol: Have a good day :D
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby codeblue1018 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 pm

John Deere wrote:
jalen45 wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:

Very nice! I love how you just insulted EMPIRE and IA :lol: We beat them and I consider them "Top" clans but I guess you dont. :? Anybody who would think we arent in the top 5 are foolish! What is top to your elite pompis ass? Top 2? :lol: :lol: :lol:

To the rest of you, grow up! We get the same crap every time we beat somebody and prove the clan world wrong in there ignorant predictions :D Have a good day kids!

Feel free to re-read Jalens post again JD; it appears you aren't comprehending what it said. =D> priceless!
Last edited by codeblue1018 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby malevolous on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:59 pm

betiko wrote:Now I'd like to see more in this thread jj, the voice, malevolous, swimmerdude, denise...
who's your next oponent empire, you've got a new challenge coming up after this?

Just focusing on the league, and rebuilding our roster for the moment. I will say I feel we weren't in top form here, but that you guys played to win, and deserve the medal that is (likely) coming your way.
Major malevolous

Postby grifftron on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:

smegal69 wrote:

Oh my goodness. I just realized what a mistake I made. Here I am trying to explain subjective pronouns to you (griftron) and I use a bunch of them in the explanation. To make this more simple for you (griftron), I bolded all of the "yous" above that were talking about you (griftron).

I even highlighted a couple of verbs red in there, where there was an "understood you" also referring to you (griftron). We can get more into the "understood you" topic if you (griftron) really need to.

I apologize for making that assumption that you (griftron) were smart enough to understand that.

Thanks for pointing out my English sucks, living in a 2 nd world country it's not as easy to stay on top of my English, leave it to the proud 1 st world country to go off topic and formally insult me and call me a stupid human being. Classy
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lynch5762 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:56 pm

codeblue1018 wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:

Chuuuuck, simply put; just like the old adage; birds of a feather....... They simply can't help themselves as most of their war threads are miraculously similar. One member of the pack had the balls to call out my clan (TSM) and Kort in the same sentence saying that in essence we are afraid to play them, lol PLEASE! He also referred to Thota as irrelvant! Seriously? Thota by far has one of the strongest lineups I've seen not too mention, a polite clan to boot. Take note pack.

More a freaking joke!

First of all... Codeblue or whatever your name is.... you have taken 2 shots at the pack and you aren't even in this war for crying out loud. I realize that a member of our clan might have taken a shot at your clan but have you not done the same to us on many occasions? Your posts in this thread are nothing more than baiting and irrelevant.

As far chuuuuck goes..

I do not struggle with math or else I would be out of a job.
Furthermore, I did not actually "tally" your so called rebuttal posts and to be honest with you I am not exactly sure what it is that you think you need to rebutt here??? did we address you directly? I didn't think so but I was just just checking.

Lastly, I am only concerned with this thread which is where I read your posts. I would say that it is a tad bit ironic that you think you can tell us we shouldn't get our "panties in a wad" while in the same breath telling us to tone down our rhetoric is it not?
Captain lynch5762

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Ya know what would go a long way? Just apologize... haha that would show you guys were seriously just making a joke and are sorry that it was interpretted that way. Each time you make an excuse it will only infuriate the people you have hurt, made angry, slightly pissed and who view you as jerks. Prove you didn't mean anything with an "I'm sorry" and be done with it... right? Isn't that how the real world works? :/

I tried to divert the conversation and instead of it helping or even providing a speed bump but it didn't work. So here is speed bump number 2. Attempting to derail a derailed thread.

Why do we park in a driveway but drive on a parkway? seriously. Give me answers. NOW.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Foxglove wrote:Why hasn't the Pack signed up for CC3 yet? It'll be your best opportunity to prove yourselves and play as many top clans as you can handle.

Oh, and don't worry about everyone despising you, they're all just no-fun grumpy bears. I don't think I've ever seen anyone not in your clan defend your actions, but it's not you, it's them! And hey, if you ever need some some illiterate drivel posted on your behalf, or even some fluffing or a reach-around, feel free to reach out to eddie2 - he always seems to be up for that sort of thing.

=D>

Best post I have read in a while. Thanks for a good laugh Foxxy!
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Denise on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:57 am

This is getting a little ridiculous. The only thing I wanted to do with my post is to say publicly that I'm not a cowardly, low life, clan jumping miscreant. Mission accomplished with the post. The only other hope I had was that the remarks would stop. They have. That makes me happy, and if I'm happy, everyone's happy. I'd like everyone to keep repeating this to yourselves, until you believe it. You must say, "If Denise is happy, I'm happy." These little spats do nothing to help us reach our mutual goal (my happiness).

For John Deere's eyes only:
show
Colonel Denise

Postby therev1957 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:09 am

Wow I am a member of the pack so that makes me uneducated? So much for my college education which I crammed 4 years into five while playing football and working 30 hours a week. So much for my double major and double minor! So much for my extra year of Graduate school. So much for the 3 languages that I studied besides my A in English. Some people that claim to be educated don't seem to know how to express it very well!

Reminds me of the hillbilly (no offense J.D.) who sent his son off to college. When his son got home after the first year, the father invited the neighborhood to a feast in celebration of the first year finished. After they had eaten, the father stood up and said, "Son, say something intelligent!" The boy stood up and said, "πr squared" Well the boy's father stood up and said, "Son, Sit down. pie aren't squared...cornbread are square...pie are round"

I must be really uneducated cuz I keep forgetting whether my keyboard is in Γρεεκ, English, or Español!
Lieutenant therev1957
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nippersean on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:53 am

therev1957 wrote:Wow I am a member of the pack so that makes me uneducated? So much for my college education which I crammed 4 years into five while playing football and working 30 hours a week. So much for my double major and double minor! So much for my extra year of Graduate school. So much for the 3 languages that I studied besides my A in English. Some people that claim to be educated don't seem to know how to express it very well!

Wow - you got a double major and a double minor? Must have been a busy night in the Blue Oyster Club.

Anyways - THAT'S NOTHING!

Brigadier nippersean

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges