Conquer Club

[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup! - Now Starting!!

Postby freakns on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:33 pm

its not strategy, its idiocy... ppl missing turns on purpose, ppl dont take cards, etcetc... its all crap said by ppl who dont know how to play a game...
every time you and me play esc team game, i will applaud you for every card you dont take due to "strategy".
Brigadier freakns

Postby Leehar on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:47 pm

uckuki wrote:timing out is done in escalating games too when the
player is about to get killed and his cards taken.
that way people avoid opponents double cashing.
I complained several times about that and each time
I was told that's strategy. so, if it's strategy in
escalating games it should be strategy in nukes as well.

Thats why AoC worked so hard to get the timing out rule for esc implemented in the clan league after it was a bone of contention in their final vs IA.
I'm curious why they didn't fight for it as hard in the cup?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:56 pm

freakns wrote:its not strategy, its idiocy... ppl missing turns on purpose, ppl dont take cards, etcetc... its all crap said by ppl who dont know how to play a game...
every time you and me play esc team game, i will applaud you for every card you dont take due to "strategy".

+1
Captain redhawk92

Postby niMic on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 am

Why do you write your posts like they're poems?
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby John Deere on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:43 pm

niMic wrote:

Why do you write your posts like they're poems?

That wasnt a poem :-s
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby freakns on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:35 am

Chuck, can we have links to all clan wars posted somewhere? also, some kind of schedule would be nice, as half of the first round clan wars dont have threads opened yet...
Brigadier freakns

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:30 am

Agreed, although a generic timeline was given I'd like to see the schedule....

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm

freakns wrote:Chuck, can we have links to all clan wars posted somewhere? also, some kind of schedule would be nice, as half of the first round clan wars dont have threads opened yet...

I am struggling to get the clans participating in the play in match to communicate with me. I can't set a required start day until I know what day KoRT can start their match with the play in winner. They haven't started all of their games and no one will PM me (and I am guessing each other) on when they will. I am about to cut their war in half and say we will recognize the winner after the games that are started finish.

Once I have an idea on their winner, we can set a firm schedule for everyone else.

ps.... this is why I have minimum requirements.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby benga on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:

LOTZ are very old clan and MB have fulfilled the min req.

It's not the problem in req, I have suffered delay even from higher ranked clans.

Problem is laziness.
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:
freakns wrote:Chuck, can we have links to all clan wars posted somewhere? also, some kind of schedule would be nice, as half of the first round clan wars dont have threads opened yet...

I am struggling to get the clans participating in the play in match to communicate with me. I can't set a required start day until I know what day KoRT can start their match with the play in winner. They haven't started all of their games and no one will PM me (and I am guessing each other) on when they will. I am about to cut their war in half and say we will recognize the winner after the games that are started finish.

Once I have an idea on their winner, we can set a firm schedule for everyone else.

Why isn't there a posted schedule for the play in? Shouldn't there be enforceable dates their home games are due so that this doesn't happen, and if it does there is a pre determined punishment? That way it's not "I'm waiting for replies" it's "you passed the deadline, I'm doing [insert random map choice or forfeits etc rule here].

That way you can provide everyone with a schedule up front which can change minor from the end of the games, but that should be able to be estimated based on when their games start up...

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 pm

What Benga said +1
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Chuuuuck on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:55 pm

IcePack wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:

Why isn't there a posted schedule for the play in? Shouldn't there be enforceable dates their home games are due so that this doesn't happen, and if it does there is a pre determined punishment? That way it's not "I'm waiting for replies" it's "you passed the deadline, I'm doing [insert random map choice or forfeits etc rule here].

That way you can provide everyone with a schedule up front which can change minor from the end of the games, but that should be able to be estimated based on when their games start up...

IcePack

Yes, the problem is neither clan is communicating well. I asked for all games to be started already for both. And neither are doing it. Anyway, I have finally gotten some replies from them. I think all games should be started by this weekend.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:35 am

Schedule is updated on the OP. It is a tight deadline for the ones playing to keep this rolling throughout the year. I am thinking heavily on making a "no quads in the last round" rule. Quads alone are what hold up a lot of rounds... and making sure everyone is starting rounds on time.

What are people's thoughts on no quads in the last round. In the first round this would mean you have to send them in round 1, in later rounds you can send them in 1 or 2.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby ljex on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:41 am

Chuuuuck wrote:Schedule is updated on the OP. It is a tight deadline for the ones playing to keep this rolling throughout the year. I am thinking heavily on making a "no quads in the last round" rule. Quads alone are what hold up a lot of rounds... and making sure everyone is starting rounds on time.

What are people's thoughts on no quads in the last round. In the first round this would mean you have to send them in round 1, in later rounds you can send them in 1 or 2.

I would think there should be a no quads in the last round unless a member participating in said quads game is on vacation. There may need to be some more qualifiers to ensure that this is not abused, but generally i think clans wont abuse this type of rule. Anyway i know that we sometimes plan games around vacations within a clan war and im sure others do the same thing, it would be a shame for a player to not play on a map they should because they are going on vacation and there is a rule that quads cant be played in the last set.
Major ljex

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 am

I don't like making stipulations if we make the rules to try to accomodate. I agree with the general idea that it would be a shame if someone was on vacation, but you could say that about the schedule in general. This schedule is set in stone unless someone is on vacatoin, then we can be lenient and let it go...

That is basically what would happen if we make an exception due to one persons vacation. It would slow down every subsequent war.

And, unfortunately, this is something people will abuse and ignore unless it is a hard rule. I kindly suggested it last year and even sent PM reminders asking people to put longer games in the early rounds and I think only a few clans did this, Empire being one of them since I talked about it in our forums. Most other clans blatantly ignored it and played at their own pace.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:20 am

Gotta call bs on the 'no quads in the last round' suggestion. Put a round limit on it if you have to, or just simply get this tourney running efficiently, but to say 'no quads in last round' when they could be a clan's strongest suit is fairly inane.

When was the draw made. Can anyone put a date on it?
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Denise on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 am

I agree, it's not a good idea. Chuck, you shouldn't make a rule that dictates to the clans which round they can send their maps. I'm pretty sure nobody's going to like this idea, at least I hope they don't.
Colonel Denise

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:18 am

Answering my own question. 3rd April.

MB Batch 1 home games started 13/4. LOTZ Batch 1 home games started 20/4. 17 days after the draw.

There should be punitive rules in place to prevent delays, not rules in place to prevent standard gameplay in Batch 2 games.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby ljex on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:20 am

Chuuuuck wrote:I don't like making stipulations if we make the rules to try to accomodate. I agree with the general idea that it would be a shame if someone was on vacation, but you could say that about the schedule in general. This schedule is set in stone unless someone is on vacatoin, then we can be lenient and let it go...

That is basically what would happen if we make an exception due to one persons vacation. It would slow down every subsequent war.

And, unfortunately, this is something people will abuse and ignore unless it is a hard rule. I kindly suggested it last year and even sent PM reminders asking people to put longer games in the early rounds and I think only a few clans did this, Empire being one of them since I talked about it in our forums. Most other clans blatantly ignored it and played at their own pace.

Well you cant just change the rules without some sort of leniency now that the tournament has started and people signed up not knowing the rules. It is easy enough to ensure that it doesn't get abused, or that clans have to make sacrifices in order to abuse it. For example, you are only on vacation if you have not participated in any games in the war to that point.

Chariot of Fire wrote:Gotta call bs on the 'no quads in the last round' suggestion. Put a round limit on it if you have to, or just simply get this tourney running efficiently, but to say 'no quads in last round' when they could be a clan's strongest suit is fairly inane.

It shouldn't matter when you play your strongest maps, your theoretical odds of winning are the same at the beginning of the war and the end of the war. In fact that may be slightly less at the end of the war because the opposition has time to practice those maps/settings. I don't see how it is unfair from this respect to make quads be played in the first 2 sets.
Major ljex

Postby benga on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:26 am

The problem is not all quad games require the same amount of time and dedication,
it would be really hard to play all demanding quads right away,
that's why set 1 needs to have some tripa and dubs, to leave out pressure.
Sergeant benga

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:01 am

ljex wrote:It shouldn't matter when you play your strongest maps, your theoretical odds of winning are the same at the beginning of the war and the end of the war. In fact that may be slightly less at the end of the war because the opposition has time to practice those maps/settings. I don't see how it is unfair from this respect to make quads be played in the first 2 sets.

If you can not work it out then I'm sorry, but I'm not going to reveal (at least not here) a tactic that perhaps only I have ever adopted.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby freakns on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:50 am

Chuuuuck wrote:Schedule is updated on the OP. It is a tight deadline for the ones playing to keep this rolling throughout the year. I am thinking heavily on making a "no quads in the last round" rule. Quads alone are what hold up a lot of rounds... and making sure everyone is starting rounds on time.

absolutely no. you can also say no no-spoil games in third set...
but clans can always agree to have first two sets heavy filled with quads

Chariot of Fire wrote:
ljex wrote:It shouldn't matter when you play your strongest maps, your theoretical odds of winning are the same at the beginning of the war and the end of the war. In fact that may be slightly less at the end of the war because the opposition has time to practice those maps/settings. I don't see how it is unfair from this respect to make quads be played in the first 2 sets.

If you can not work it out then I'm sorry, but I'm not going to reveal (at least not here) a tactic that perhaps only I have ever adopted.

yeah, yeah... you arent revealing your strongest maps until last set, because you hope other team can make them... its not rocket science Si, we all do it :D

i dont like dates though... if we manage to beat TFFS, we will meat with TOFU not before June... and considering they will use 22+hrs for every move, 4+ days to fill all games... its gonna take looooooooong
Brigadier freakns

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 am

it's not rocket science Si, we all do it

Not Empire, apparently.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby freakns on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:09 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
it's not rocket science Si, we all do it

Not Empire, apparently.

its ljex! he doesnt even know in what clan he is, let alone what maps they are playing!
Brigadier freakns

Postby Finsfleet on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:15 am

Chuuuuck wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:

IcePack

Yes, the problem is neither clan is communicating well. I asked for all games to be started already for both. And neither are doing it. Anyway, I have finally gotten some replies from them. I think all games should be started by this weekend.

Then punish both clans. Count the games that havn`t started on time as forfeits for the side whose fault it is, draw if both sides are guilty. If there are 15/81 games in the war that count, then so be it. One of the clans will win eventually, but not many will get the medal because they will lack 3 games required. But KORT will start their war on time.
Major Finsfleet

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges