Conquer Club

[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup! - Now Starting!!

Postby The Voice on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm

MudPuppy wrote:My impression is that the main contention with nukes today is not so much with the validity of the setting itself but with the perceived loophole of timing out to avoid taking a card. If that "problem" were addressed, I believe nukes would be much more widely accepted in the clan world.

My thoughts exactly. Nukes is probably my favorite setting of choice. Yet, I'd hesitate to vote it in to the clan scene just because of the potential for contention it has. We'd all have to come together first and say, "okay, timing out is acceptable" or "okay, timing out is unacceptable and will entail some type of punishment" before we could ever allow it in this type of an event.
Major The Voice

Postby Foxglove on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:47 pm

The Voice wrote:
MudPuppy wrote:My impression is that the main contention with nukes today is not so much with the validity of the setting itself but with the perceived loophole of timing out to avoid taking a card. If that "problem" were addressed, I believe nukes would be much more widely accepted in the clan world.

My thoughts exactly. Nukes is probably my favorite setting of choice. Yet, I'd hesitate to vote it in to the clan scene just because of the potential for contention it has. We'd all have to come together first and say, "okay, timing out is acceptable" or "okay, timing out is unacceptable and will entail some type of punishment" before we could ever allow it in this type of an event.

The problem with any sort of punishment is that there's no possible way to tell whether or not a player timed out on purpose or had some legitimate accidental reason for the timeout.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Qwert on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:13 pm

However, like all other rules, if it is negotiated between the two clans and they both agree, then it is fine.

Ok,these also can be apply for nukes,because i dont see how trench have privileges and nukes dont have.
If bouth clan negotiate abouth nukes,and accept these card option,why you dont alove them?
If you all ready have 12 hour fog rule,where bouth clan need to agree, and if you have trench where also bouth clan need to agree, to play on this option, then its quite normal that nuclear cards,also get this freedom, where bouth clans can negotiate abouth these.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby scottp on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:35 pm

++The Legion++

1 downfall
2 mwcc
3 wrexham
4 Mustapha Mond
5 ralphcptc
6 Tammy DeLee
7 gordito
8 Dai_atan
9 LFAW
10 chemefreak
11 dyrtydog
12 ubcman64
13 RKCVED
14 Pixar
15 Lindax
16 Snowgun
17 scottp
18 Culs De Sac
19 Cyclone_23x
20 concrete
21 God Emperor Q
22 codierose
23 CrashAWC
24 ChewyBlu3y
25 GMC
26 Gamemaster27
27 crbluth
28 snakedoctor
29 Ryall55
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby Ickyketseddie on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:44 am

Have i missed it or has the schedule been posted yet? I still don't see it on the first page?
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:50 am

Ickyketseddie wrote:Have i missed it or has the schedule been posted yet? I still don't see it on the first page?

Not posted, work got busy yesterday. It is coming. The approx timeline of it will be for all wars to start within a week of the playin match up being decided. Then there being approximately 2 week breaks between each round. Batch 1 games will be sent on Sunday (call it day 1), batch 2 games sent 2 weeks later, (if applicable, batch 3 games 2 weeks later). Then the next round war will start approximately 4 weeks later (2 weeks to finish last round games, 2 weeks to prepare). Obviously games will still be dragging out, but as long as we know the winners we will follow this as much as we can. I will put dates up soon. But all dates after the first round usually get slightly adjusted as the rounds go and things slow down.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Ickyketseddie on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Ok great, Are we supposed to be getting round 1 underway now though as i see some people seem to have started already?
Captain Ickyketseddie

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup! - Sign Up Now!!!

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, the moment you've all been waiting for...

The 2nd post has been updated with the bracket!

Let the analyzing and the predictions begin. The play-in round should get started immediately. All other wars are free to start anytime they want, but there will be a forced start date approximately 1 month from now once there is a decided winner in the play-in round.

For Icky. Page 18 a few posts down. Posted April 2nd hope that helps :)

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby freakns on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Ickyketseddie wrote:Ok great, Are we supposed to be getting round 1 underway now though as i see some people seem to have started already?

nothing wrong with starting early... problem might be starting late :D
KoRT is actually in worst position as they have to wait that playoff round to be finished... and there some links are wrong or games are dead, some games havent started, we still dont have links to LoTZ home games... that war is gonna last forever and a bit longer :(
Brigadier freakns

Postby Ickyketseddie on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks guys, i had a feeling it was in there just didnt wanna sift through 28 pages!!

And i guess theres no harm at this stage freakns! Hope you get your stuff sorted soon!

We best get a move on! :D
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby freakns on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Ickyketseddie wrote:And i guess theres no harm at this stage freakns! Hope you get your stuff sorted soon!

why me? Otpisani are well within any deadline as our war against TFFS will start kicking in next 24hrs or so :P
this is more of a headache for MB, LoTZ and Chuck :D
Brigadier freakns

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Figured I would post here as well, these are based on results for the CC3 prediction contest.
Since i like stats and preceptions etc i thought it would be interesting to compile this information from the top 4 of everyones predictions.

If overall mentions / votes are semi-indicative of how well people think clans will place, are there any surprises? Some to high? Some to low? Any specific catagories hold any surprises for anyone?
Ā 
EX: As a member of KOA, I find it surprising that most of KOAā€™s votes did NOT come from KOA members.
Ā 
show: Winners Choice

Ā 
show: Runner Up Choice

Ā 
show: Quarter Finalists

Ā 
show: Most Mentions Overall

Ā 
show: Participating Clans Not Mentioned in Top 4s

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby freakns on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 pm

this isnt good!
i have voted first i think, on this thread, and i have picked Otpisani to win it all! :P
Brigadier freakns

Postby Denise on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:17 pm

qwert wrote:
However, like all other rules, if it is negotiated between the two clans and they both agree, then it is fine.

Ok,these also can be apply for nukes,because i dont see how trench have privileges and nukes dont have.
If bouth clan negotiate abouth nukes,and accept these card option,why you dont alove them?
If you all ready have 12 hour fog rule,where bouth clan need to agree, and if you have trench where also bouth clan need to agree, to play on this option, then its quite normal that nuclear cards,also get this freedom, where bouth clans can negotiate abouth these.

Nukes are allowed to be negotiated between clans, qwert. See, Chuck does alove them. ;)
Colonel Denise

Postby grifftron on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 pm

IcePack wrote:Figured I would post here as well, these are based on results for the CC3 prediction contest.
Since i like stats and preceptions etc i thought it would be interesting to compile this information from the top 4 of everyones predictions.

If overall mentions / votes are semi-indicative of how well people think clans will place, are there any surprises? Some to high? Some to low? Any specific catagories hold any surprises for anyone?
Ā 
EX: As a member of KOA, I find it surprising that most of KOAā€™s votes did NOT come from KOA members.
Ā 
show: Winners Choice

Ā 
show: Runner Up Choice

Ā 
show: Quarter Finalists

Ā 
show: Most Mentions Overall

Ā 
show: Participating Clans Not Mentioned in Top 4s

Fun to see, good job! I am surprised by some of the results but that is expected, can we now go and see who voted for who then on the challonge site?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Yes griff, you can now go look at the link and find the predictions page. Or I provided a direct link (i think its http://challonge.com/concup3/predictions) a few posts back.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 pm

ljex wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:Nukes are not so much playing a strategy (I know there is some slight strategy) but it is more just crossing your fingers and preying you get certain cards or your opponent doesn't get certain cards.

Also you say nuclear spoils is lucky...but that is simply untrue. You can trap you opponent into taking regions where you control the spoils, or even avoid regions that you have the spoils of. Similarly there can be a should i take a card or not strategy. Anyway it is no more lucky that flat rate where getting a 3 card mixed can change a game and yet...we still allow that in clan wars. I don't think it is fair of you to say that a setting is all luck when you don't even have more than a bronze medal for the setting meaning you haven't played it that much.

Hmm, Luke... maybe you can clarify where I said it is ALL luck. I think I made it pretty clear in my post that there is some strategy which is fairly obvious based off what you said. But it still comes down to complete luck of hitting sets and having territories your opponents control and/or your opponents grabbing territories of cards in your hand without knowing or stopping a stack on a card without knowing. Not saying you can't do anything to increase it, but it is a lot of luck.

I do disagree it is no more luck than flat rate. I think it is more luck than flat rate. But, I agree with your logic. Flat rate is very lucky too. Heck, I would prefer to never play flat rate and/or not allow them but flat rate was a part of the game when it was created and is embedded into the standards of clan wars. But if you look at the history of played games in clan wars, flat rate is also the least played setting between the card options, because people prefer to avoid a setting that adds luck.

I really wouldn't care if we allowed nukes or not, but my opinion that it only adds a bigger luck factor to the game won't change. My vote would be against it if it was looked into again though. And last year most seemed to agree to that rule.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby laughingcavalier on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:14 am

TSM: we really are the second best clan :D
EVERYONE thinks we will come second. Hardly anyone thinks we will win

Let's have nukes. Please.

/edit: And freak:

freakns wrote:
Ickyketseddie wrote:And i guess theres no harm at this stage freakns! Hope you get your stuff sorted soon!

why me? Otpisani are well within any deadline as our war against TFFS will start kicking in next 24hrs or so :P
this is more of a headache for MB, LoTZ and Chuck :D

Just sort your stuff out, mate.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby The Voice on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:44 am

Foxglove wrote:
The Voice wrote:

The problem with any sort of punishment is that there's no possible way to tell whether or not a player timed out on purpose or had some legitimate accidental reason for the timeout.

To make an honest mistake of timing out in a casual game is pretty difficult, but, admittedly, not unheard of. You would have to make the decision black & white. If you timeout, you will receive said punishment no matter what your intent. And this would become just another point of contention.

IcePack, thanks so much on the stats. Those were really neat.
Major The Voice

Postby Leehar on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 am

I'm sure I mentioned using the CL4 ruling for timing out escalating spoils?
It basically allows for a first offence with a warning in case it was accidental, which would solve the above issues?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 am

If nuke spoils are something that can be negotiated between two clans then I'm fairly sure the issue of whether timing out is permissible or not can be introduced into those talks at the same time, no? There are some who condone it, others who do not. Personally I don't really mind (it's their loss of a card and, more importantly, a fort if they choose to let the clock run down) and would find it easier to allow any tactic (it is a war after all) if nukes were permitted.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby freakns on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 am

i also dont understand all the talks about letting clock goes down. its team game, you can always have secure spot, so not taking a card is stupid. and as CoF said, more importantly, not having any reinforcement is even more stupid(i still find it hard to believe that there are ppl who do not understand that reinforcements are most important thing in any team game!)... having said that, i dont like nukes and i havent played it in team games, so as a clan Otpisani would probably veto, if possible, to using nukes in clan wars
Brigadier freakns

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:57 am

ppl who do not understand that reinforcements are most important thing in any team game

Spot on bro. The reinforcement, for the best part of most games, represents 40% of the the troops used in any one turn.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby Qwert on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 am

well,well, in prediction Myt take overal 9th place, not bad.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby uckuki on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 am

timing out is done in escalating games too when the
player is about to get killed and his cards taken.
that way people avoid opponents double cashing.
I complained several times about that and each time
I was told that's strategy. so, if it's strategy in
escalating games it should be strategy in nukes as well.
Colonel uckuki

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges