Conquer Club

[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] - Dako Saves the Day!

Postby laughingcavalier on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks Dako for picking this up.
Drums are sounding in the jungle, fisters beware. :D
Major laughingcavalier

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Quarterfinals soo

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Yay to dako taking this over now :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nate the Great on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 pm

TSM vs. AFoS War Thread created. Challenge will begin soon!

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=178682&p=3901884#p3901884
Captain Nate the Great

Postby Dako on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:12 am

Nate the Great wrote:TSM vs. AFoS War Thread created. Challenge will begin soon!

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=178682&p=3901884#p3901884

Thank you Nate. OP updates with your link.
Colonel Dako

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:00 am

when is the latest this can start tofu? we are having rl issues with almost all our key players since about a month in the pack...
Major betiko

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:59 am

betiko wrote:when is the latest this can start tofu? we are having rl issues with almost all our key players since about a month in the pack...

Friday 28th Sept (which is a late start already) for Batch 1 games, as agreed with your clan rep John Deere.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby John Deere on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:
betiko wrote:when is the latest this can start tofu? we are having rl issues with almost all our key players since about a month in the pack...

Friday 28th Sept (which is a late start already) for Batch 1 games, as agreed with your clan rep John Deere.

Yes I did agree. But Im asking if we can delay some. I personally have so much going on with moving Friday, broke equipment/trucks, work problems etc.... Both our other leaders are self employed also and got big jobs that started recently also. We both know the KORT battle is behind and they have to finish 2 battles before either of us can move on anyways. Im asking to please delay this.
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm

OK let me put it to the others and get back to you. The problem we have with it is we are losing a few players in a matter of weeks and they asked only to be put in Batch 1 games. By putting the date back it may be denying them an opportunity to play. This is what I need to clear with fellow clan mates before OK'ing any further delay.

(Can you not consider a similar scenario, i.e. leaving out those players who are busy from Batch 1 games and having your other clan members fill them? There's a game quota in place anyway so it shouldn't have too much bearing if a player uses his allocation in Batches 2 & 3).

I don't want to sound too Philistine, but delaying a schedule in order for a clan to reach full strength just seems a bit off. We've often been without key players yet never requested a postponement. If we are to set the date back what sort of time are we looking at?
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby John Deere on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:53 pm

I understand your concern. But be rest assured we wont be at full strength for a while.... Way after this war is over with. Look at our results, we have been half strength for a while. This isn't so we are back strong, this is so we can even function in a half ass manor..... But with your players leaving in a couple weeks, I wouldn't think they would even have time to finish a game. So should they be in these at all? you know like I do, it can take 2 weeks to get to round 3 or 4 in some games....
Major John Deere

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:56 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:We've often been without key players yet never requested a postponement. If we are to set the date back what sort of time are we looking at?

Batch 3 vs EMP in CC2 had waited for your comeback from Spain very long period in order that you can play the whole batch. They didnt know you would come back like Furioso ;)

It is not my job, and I will anyway take CC break after CL4 ends so I should not care, but it is very obvious that PACK guys have RL issues, not only their recent results are low, and also they hard catch any schedule and deadlines. not allowing them to reorganize a little in some short period would be very dissapointing to them. I think we as a clan world need to have as much as possible mutual understanding, or it may happen that people will start leave clan scene due to dissapointment of building clan rank and reputation for years and then screwing all that in only 1-2 months due to real life problems, which for sure is not motivating to continue be on clan scene. Finally this is only a game of fun, and we should allow the fun to everyone.
Major josko.ri

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 am

OK josko, we get it - you're still afraid of us ;-) And re Batch 3 vs EMP....this had nothing to do with my absence (I returned on 19th July yet Batch 3 didn't commence until 2nd August) and everything to do with it being mid summer - a holiday time for most - as well as the absence of IM who had been organising the teams and running the thread (he returned on 25/7). So please....before you speak check your facts (I learned this the hard way too, remember).

And to The Pack.....OK guys, the feedback from everyone in clan is that we afford you some more time to get things sorted. Here's our proposal:
Batch 1 - we start next week (games exchanged 7th October) yet with a reduced number of games so that there is not too much burden on you yet there is still an opportunity for some of our players to get involved (earn their medals) before they either take a break from CC as some wish to do, or go on leave in late October as another wishes to do. This seems fair right? And if the games entered by catnipdreams in Batch 1 run beyond her taking leave in late October so she requires a sitter to finish them there will be no complaints. The upshot is we'll be as accommodating as we can to help you guys, but obviously want to afford the opportunity for a few of our players to be involved which - if the delay is too long - would not otherwise be possible.

Sound good?

Cheers guys. Hope you're able to sort things out your side - both on CC and in RL - so that this is a challenge worthy of its billing.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby John Deere on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:24 am

Next Sunday sounds good. What game count where you guys thinking? BTW if this would have started today we would be screwed! Just now getting to reply and had one hell of a week that has been one of my worse...Thanks for the understanding. Trust me were not not even close to 70%. The time we wanted here was just to be able to play, not to get back to full strength.... :|
Major John Deere

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:30 am

Ordinarily the game count would have been 21, 20, 20 over three batches, but to help out let's make it just 12 in batch 1 (2 x doubs, 2 x trips & 2 x quads from each clan) which I hope isn't too demanding. That'll mean 18 slots to fill in home games + 18 slots in away games. This will allow the few members on our side who are taking a break or taking leave to at least have the chance of joining 12 of their allotted 20 games. Thanks.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:57 am

thanks COF!
Major betiko

Postby lynch5762 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks COF and everyone else for understanding... As Randy stated, We seem to have been hit will a multitude of RL issues and all at the same time. In my case, it is just a matter of work load. I work in construction so it is a feast or famine type of situation. For the last month or so, I have literally only been able to spend and hour or two a week on CC. But for a couple of our members, there are some even more serious family health issues going on.

So when JD said he asked for the delay (not to get to full strength, but just so we could even function as a team) he wasn't kidding. We literally have 7 or 8 original members that are incapacitated at the moment.

That being said, our woes are not the concerns of the other clans and I can understand the importance of continuing on with normal business in the clan world. I do appreciate the patience and sentiments from all.

We have enjoyed being a competitive clan and it is our aim to remain the same. More importantly though, I hope that all of the members of the pack that have fallen on hard times (as well as their family members) can get well soon!!!

Some of us will be able to spend more time on line now so we should be okay with COF's recommendation for start of our war.

Thanks,
mike
Captain lynch5762

Postby catnipdreams on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:23 pm

lynch5762 wrote:But for a couple of our members, there are some even more serious family health issues going on.

Best wishes for rapid, comfortable, and complete recoveries for those in less than optimal health atm...
Major catnipdreams

Postby John Deere on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:17 pm

As we talked about we are requesting that Riskier Than You be able to play in this round to help cover game slots. Thanks
Major John Deere

Postby Dako on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:50 am

John Deere wrote:As we talked about we are requesting that Riskier Than You be able to play in this round to help cover game slots. Thanks

This cryptic message by JD doesn't really elaborate what he is talking about so I must expand on this a little. PACK have problems with their clan and cannot fill all the slots with the upcoming war against TOFU. They have asked to be permitted to use Riskier Than You in this upcoming war. Riskier Than You has already participated in the CCup3 under the banner of another clan so he is forbidden to play any other CCup3 games by the rules. However due to the PACK situation and willingness of TOFU leaders, TOFU agreed to make an exception and admit Riskier Than You to the TOFU vs PACK war. As a TO of CCup3 I don't have problems with that as long as two clans agree and the decision doesn't bear enormous consequences. However I must impose some restrictions as following:
— This decision is valid only for TOFU vs PACK war
— If PACK advances and still have problems with their roster they will be forced to ask for another indulgence from their opponent
Riskier Than You will participate under all the CCup rules, including player limit and so on

Dako.
Colonel Dako

Postby lynch5762 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Dako wrote:
John Deere wrote:As we talked about we are requesting that Riskier Than You be able to play in this round to help cover game slots. Thanks

This cryptic message by JD doesn't really elaborate what he is talking about so I must expand on this a little. PACK have problems with their clan and cannot fill all the slots with the upcoming war against TOFU. They have asked to be permitted to use Riskier Than You in this upcoming war. Riskier Than You has already participated in the CCup3 under the banner of another clan so he is forbidden to play any other CCup3 games by the rules. However due to the PACK situation and willingness of TOFU leaders, TOFU agreed to make an exception and admit Riskier Than You to the TOFU vs PACK war. As a TO of CCup3 I don't have problems with that as long as two clans agree and the decision doesn't bear enormous consequences. However I must impose some restrictions as following:
— If PACK advances and still have problems with their roster they will be forced to ask for another indulgence from their opponent
Riskier Than You will participate under all the CCup rules, including player limit and so on

Dako.

Thanks to all again!

The restrictions make perfectly good sense and we will abide by them. Thanks to all in Tofu for being understanding. You would have certainly been in your rights to not allow this. We look forward to giving you a run for your money! (I hope 8-[ )
Captain lynch5762

Postby denthefrog on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:47 am

=D> =D> =D>
well done TOFU
nice to see that clans those days are a bit more understanding
General denthefrog

Re: [CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- Quarterfinals now

Postby Dako on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am

OP updated. We have now the last member of the Elite 8 - congratz to KORT after pulling a victory against Dynasty.
Colonel Dako

Postby codeblue1018 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Nice job cof for assisting Pack members through a difficult period. =D>

Well wishes Pack members.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks buddy, nice of you to say that.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 am

Dako wrote:

Dako.

actually i thought that for cl4 it was impossible to switch but for cc3 you could.. like if chuuuck had stayed in the pack he wouldn t ve been allowed to play against you guys right?
Major betiko

Postby Dako on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:56 am

Nope, Chuuuuck changed clans when he had no losses in CCup and thus he was not considered cup-tied.

Here is the excerpt from the rules
- If a player plays for a clan in a given round, they are cup-tied for that round and cannot play for another clan in that round
- If the old clan of a player loses the round in which the player has played, that player is considered "eliminated" with their old clan and cannot play for another clan for the rest of the tournament
- If the old clan of a player wins the last round in which the player has played with them, then they are not considered cup-tied at the conclusion of that war and are free to play with any other clan at the beginning of the next round of the tournament
Colonel Dako

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges