Conquer Club

[CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 29-31 - Final 5/2

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 8-17

Postby Foxglove on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Arama86n wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
Arama86n wrote:Btw, I apologise in advance for actually playing the KoTM game. I just care too much about my turns taken percentage to deadbeat, though ofc, now that I now we'll lose it all does seem a little pointless. gg btw.

I personally hate a premature gg, and see no particular merit to giving up just because I've lost. A prediction doesn't equal a win! I have noted that not everyone feels this way though, so I hope your personal choice of attitude is crafted to ensure that you derive the maximum possible enjoyment from the game.

And I could have sworn I saw a Kort member actually attacking his team-mate to speed things along in one of my games? Must have been a mirage brought on by lack of beer I suppose.

Were you talking about me? I don't do that. I was certainly talking about me in the text that you quoted above. :) I'm starting to divine that your goggles are of the Super Amazing Extrapolation Contraption with Conjecture Lenses variety.

Arama86n wrote:So Foxglove, looks like you might be suited to enlighten Freakns about the state of TV these days. Any information regarding Top Model was obviously of special interest.

lol. That is a task for which I am certainly not well suited.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby freakns on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Arama86n wrote:So Foxglove, looks like you might be suited to enlighten Freakns about the state of TV these days. Any information regarding Top Model was obviously of special interest.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
ive heard you are contestant. and a favorable one!
Brigadier freakns

Postby Arama86n on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

I know it goes against the popcorn munching to agree with you about anything in this thread, but for the record I'm on the same page regarding giving up prematurely in games. Weird things do happen, and people that get into the horrible habit of giving up early undoubtedly miss out on wins because of it.

Ah well, freakns, no TV intel from Foxglove either. But don't worry the trolls are never far away, and I do beleive I've seen a few people around here that must spend large swaths of their life glaring at the tube.
On that subject btw, if anyone wants some good entertainment, watch Network (1976). Ofc that entails looking at a screen, but, it's for a good cause I assure you.
Major Arama86n

Postby Foxglove on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 pm

freakns wrote:
Foxglove wrote:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
ive heard you are contestant. and a favorable one!

The only thing more horrible than watching a reality TV show would be participating as a contestant in a reality TV show!

I'm going to need aramawhatsit to pass me some smelling salts soon if I continue to think about it!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby freakns on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Foxglove wrote:The only thing more horrible than watching a reality TV show would be participating as a contestant in a reality TV show!

have i told you how perfect you are? if not, shame on me!
in all seriousness, i really stopped watching TV when they start producing reality shows on fast track(and when i got fast enough internet to watch live sports on it)... and if there are ppl worse then ones who watch reality TV, those are the idiots ready to participate in one.
Brigadier freakns

Postby laughingcavalier on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 pm

freakns wrote:
Foxglove wrote:The only thing more horrible than watching a reality TV show would be participating as a contestant in a reality TV show!

in all seriousness, i really stopped watching TV when they start producing reality shows on fast track(and when i got fast enough internet to watch live sports on it)... and if there are ppl worse then ones who watch reality TV, those are the idiots ready to participate in one.

Honestly freak, claiming moral superiority for not watching tv because you are busy watching your computer instead..... And then you go and provoke a punch up in here.... Shaking my head sadly.... It's been awhile since we had a kort-tofu punchup and it looks like I've arrived just at the end of this one... I'll have my popcorn washed down with a glass of single malt...
Major laughingcavalier

Postby skillfull on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:09 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:
freakns wrote:

Honestly freak, claiming moral superiority for not watching tv because you are busy watching your computer instead..... And then you go and provoke a punch up in here.... Shaking my head sadly.... It's been awhile since we had a kort-tofu punchup and it looks like I've arrived just at the end of this one... I'll have my popcorn washed down with a glass of single malt...

I prefer a Trappist beer instead!
Brigadier skillfull

Postby Leehar on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:26 am

josko.ri wrote:And my words which provoked your reaction were "It is not far away from 7/0 for KORT in my games batch 3"

How come it didn't work for me? :(

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=183099&start=75#p4072280
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby freakns on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:15 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:
freakns wrote:

i dont claim moral superiority. if nothing, im the last person who would have rights to do so... im just stating my opinion which in this case happens to be on same page with Foxy's... and punchups are most fun in any clan war(and lets be real here, all TOFU hate josko and noone in KORT cant stand COF... and the reason is not because they are SOBs, but rather because they will beat other players more often then not.... much more often. sadly, COF knows me too good, so i cant fish him, but Josko took a bait pretty good :D)!
and you are just pissed because you missed this one :P and because Foxy likes me :P
Brigadier freakns

Re: [CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 8-18

Postby Emmdizzle on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:06 pm

KoRT vs TOFU 8-18

Its all Bruces fault...:-)
Brigadier Emmdizzle

Postby niMic on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Ah, the good old "ha ha I was just trolling lol", the classic way out when you start something you can't finish ;)
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Re:

Postby freakns on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 pm

niMic wrote:Ah, the good old "ha ha I was just trolling lol", the classic way out when you start something you can't finish ;)

yes, you got me there... or not.
i have finish what i have started. i told Josko what is his "problem". its his previous work and actions that created a legacy, the one he obviously dont like, but still, his legacy. weather or not he will win the games its irrelevant, but truth is he can not know how those will end up(at least both conquer rome games...) and thus ppl will look at those as bragging. and i really dont know what else is there to be said? and if you were referring to my initial post that caused the argument, where i said BW is killing Josko and whole KORT is having a laugh over COF, if you took those seriously, well, in that case, you have some serious issues.
Brigadier freakns

Postby Big Whiskey on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 pm

guess u don't know freakns at all.anyhow,good show freakns =D>
General Big Whiskey

Postby Arama86n on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 pm

niMic... its Saturday night, have a drink and relax mate. Some of you folks seem to have a slight difficulty telling the difference between some good natured fun, and trolling, how about you have a drink, relax, and leave it to me. When someone is seriously trolling you, I'll let you know and slip your chain, even spray some bacon-essence on their balls to home you in.
Have a glass of Highland Park 15, it's good, trust me. 8-)

freakns is just livening up what was a rather uneventful thread. And as this is a rather noteworthy challenge in CC history that might not be a totally bad thing. Let people spill their inner feelings, it makes for good popcorn-hour :)

For the record, KoRT are doing an excellent job towards the end of this challenge and it will be a closer thing than many seem to imagine. But I have confidence that the score will have the same side racking up the most wins as last time.
Major Arama86n

Postby niMic on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm

I may have some serious issues, I don't know freakns at all, and I have a slight difficulty telling the difference between some good natured fun and trolling.

Gotcha.

Is this the point where I say that I was just trying to liven up the thread, that you guys clearly don't know me at all, and that you should relax and understand the difference between instigating and good natured fun? O:)
General niMic

Postby Big Whiskey on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 pm

whatever floats your boat
General Big Whiskey

Postby niMic on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Buoyancy.
General niMic

Postby freakns on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:33 pm

niMic wrote:I may have some serious issues, I don't know freakns at all, and I have a slight difficulty telling the difference between some good natured fun and trolling.

Gotcha.

Is this the point where I say that I was just trying to liven up the thread, that you guys clearly don't know me at all, and that you should relax and understand the difference between instigating and good natured fun? O:)

nope, you still dont get it... first of all, you arent witty, so noone would buy it... second, lets look at everything more closely.
January 8th:
freakns wrote:i ask for Dako, bruce and all the other peace bringers to be banned!

let Josko and COF speak their hearts! otherwise, this will be boring :(

but if you want to talk seriously and honestly, i can do that. question is, can you? lets see.
do i believe BW is better then Josko? no. but i also do not believe Josko is better then BW. in this moment Josko will pop up and start posting stats... misleading stats, ofc, but he will post them. misleading how? well, most of those are from huge maps with no spoils, unlimited forts and foggy... sounds familiar? thought so. ofc, he will never publicly say he is better then BW or anyone else, but he will post stats like crazy, trying to get everyone to conclude same thing.
whole truth? Josko is best player on this site in unlimited settings on huge maps. he will however be used as sexdoll to satisfy Fenrir or myself(probably for couple more... including BW) on medium maps with esc /sunny settings.
now, lets go to COF. do i think everyone in KORT is better then him? ofc not. he is actually the player who will excel in most different maps/settings. maybe he will not be the best at any, but he will be top in most of those. now Josko will pop up again, posting his results against COF on different maps/settings trying same thing again, to prove he is the best. again, he isnt.

and its late here, and i really dont want to go deeper into it. thing you will never understand is that im here to have fun, and you are here to be the best... and thats why you just cant understand me. because i can be best, but chose to have fun. and you cant be best but while trying to be you lost your sense of humor. nor you can understand BW. or even COF(who is also here to be best, but at least he can have fun while trying to do so)
Brigadier freakns

Postby niMic on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Yep, I am definitely the one who missed the point and is taking things too seriously. But at least I can admit to being boring and tedious in two sentences, instead of five paragraphs.
General niMic

Postby niMic on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Oh, and I'm definitely not here because I think I can be the best. I'm pretty much thanking my lucky stars that they haven't kicked me out of KoRT yet. I'm not awesome, let's be fair. At least I have josko to take my tur- uuh, I mean... we make a good team.

Yes. That.
General niMic

Postby fishydance on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:57 pm

niMic wrote: But at least I can admit to being boring and tedious in two sentences, instead of five paragraphs.

You are a true Norwegian. =D> =D>
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Master Fenrir on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 pm

freakns wrote:Josko is best player on this site in unlimited settings on huge maps. he will however be used as sexdoll to satisfy Fenrir or myself(probably for couple more... including BW) on medium maps with esc /sunny settings.

Hopefully Josko is being sat when it comes time for the sexdoll usage.

niMic wrote:Yep, I am definitely the one who missed the point and is taking things too seriously. But at least I can admit to being boring and tedious in two sentences, instead of five paragraphs.

I don't think that's quite the case. I think that as far as the rest of CC goes, they're hoping that we all attempt to verbally slit each other's throats for their entertainment without it getting to the point where a C&A case gets filed. Those quickly go from being entertaining to just kind of a bummer. Like all the PED coverage in major league baseball. That's why you will see the comments that seek to rile us up, but then pull back at the end.

Until this war is over, for all intents and purposes, we're dancing monkeys. And it gets awkward for the onlookers when the monkey starts talking and asking why you want him to dance.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Re:

Postby Foxglove on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Arama86n wrote:niMic... its Saturday night, have a drink and relax mate. Some of you folks seem to have a slight difficulty telling the difference between some good natured fun, and trolling,

We've had a lot of experience with fun of indeterminate nature - it's typically not that enjoyable.

Freak is one of the few people whose comments I don't mind because he, at least, whacks his fun stick in every direction.

Arama86n wrote:For the record, KoRT are doing an excellent job towards the end of this challenge and it will be a closer thing than many seem to imagine. But I have confidence that the score will have the same side racking up the most wins as last time.

If it happens that way, hopefully it's within the rules this time. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Arama86n on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:30 am

niMic wrote:I may have some serious issues, I don't know freakns at all, and I have a slight difficulty telling the difference between some good natured fun and trolling.

Gotcha.

Yes!
And touché my good sir, touché! =D> :lol:

freakns wrote:

Gotcha.

nope, you still dont get it... first of all, you arent witty, so noone would buy it... second, lets look at everything more closely.[...]

Come now freakns, it's not as fluent as your attempts, I grant you, but at least he's trying now, and one can't ask more than that :)

Foxglove wrote:
Arama86n wrote:For the record, KoRT are doing an excellent job towards the end of this challenge and it will be a closer thing than many seem to imagine. But I have confidence that the score will have the same side racking up the most wins as last time.

If it happens that way, hopefully it's within the rules this time. :)

Yes, hopefully there won't be some absurd loophole to exploit that disproportionally changes the outcome to the point that the outcome is basically ignored.
Major Arama86n

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges