Conquer Club

[CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 29-31 - Final 5/2

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 12-24

Postby Leehar on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 am

niMic wrote:I'm willing to forget the last few pages happened if everyone else is. It's funny for a few hours, but if we're going to keep this up for the rest of the war it's going to get very boring very fast.

I think this is the best statement to have come out of this thread. It's obvious that Tofu & Kort do have significant differences of opinion, and I doubt either side is going to convince the other so it really is for the best if such contentious issues are avoided. With such bipartisan lines it will be very difficult to let sane heads rule and I doubt this is the arena to absolve all grievances.

I know Freak & griff etc have been trying to stir up action, & perhaps they are the only ones happy with this turn of events, but for everyone else I think it's best to avoid getting dragged into such low levels which are truly beneath them. All I can see is an increasing of polarization between the 2 camps rather than the ability to find common ground where it always exists so it would really be for the best for folks to take the high road and avoid getting mired in such controversy.

If there is any significant disillusionment that people feel they need to redress, I ask that you please convey your disagreement via pm and not here in the public fora where multiple parties cause it to escalate dramatically.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Dako on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:23 am

niMic wrote:I don't understand why you have to be so abrasive. I was just trying to help clear things up. The only reason you had a question to ask in the first place is because you didn't read josko's post properly.

Also, unlike me, josko actually has a life. I'm taking the hit!

Abrasive as in "person who makes things unclear"? Come on, I try to clear things up here as well. If I didn't read his post properly then both of us are at fault - he didn't write it clear enough and I was not smart enough to understand him. I am trying to clear this situation by asking questions, that is what I usually do when I don't understand things.

And we all do have life here. I am out of this conversation, I have to go to the theater with my parents and my sister, then we will have a dinner together. After that me and my sister will meet with our friends and we will go to the bar. All turns are up to date with chat and instructions, I don't think I shall miss any of them but if I will - CoF can play my account as he usually does ;).

Cheers everyone, see you tomorrow.
Colonel Dako

Postby niMic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 am

Most of this thread has actually been a lot better than I feared when this matchup became clear. I haven't exactly been very helpful in keeping it that way today, clearly I've got way too much spare time on my hands.

Let's go back to how we were for most of the thread. I'll try not to start it back up if we lose :lol:
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Foxglove on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 am

Arama86n wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
Arama86n wrote:Everyone in TOFU is a unique turn-taking snowflake.

Here's me for the past 3-4 years:

Everyone in KORT is a unique turn-taking snowflake

Well, it would have been interesting if you had written your thoughts in your own words instead of copying mine, but point taken Foxglove. Also they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so... ;)

I have, a thousand times (a thousand is an exaggeration). But many, many times, anyway. Clearly you're not familiar with my Conquer Club Posts body of work!

Arama86n wrote:In general though I'm not sure you can mirror the situation perfectly like that, becase as far as I know when talking about KoRT people are only saying that Moonchild/Moonchilds account is being used as a puppet by Josko ,whereas when the shoe is on the other foot Kort/others have insinuated that TOFU on a larger scale is being directed by CoF in a way that's just laughable and shows ignorance.

I totally know how irritating it is to read things like that! Please, please, do some forum searches, read some past history posts, and see how many times CoF and others have directly stated or implied that josko directs all of KORT's games.

Arama86n wrote: I mean CoF sitting Dako to gain some advantage, anyone saying such obviously doesn't know Dako. Where as there has been wall-shots posted in forum which shows that Moonchild relies heavilly on Josko for line-by-line instructions for his turns. So you cannot compare Dako to Moonchild. Dako is an exceedingly competent player and plays his games without CoF, where as in the unlim games that have been the source of much dispute, it would seem Moonchild is heavily relient on Josko.

I think it's awesome that you guys maintain a record of wall posts in your forum.

I dislike the constant implication that moon is incapable of taking turns without josko. And every time someone makes a comment like that, I wonder how much input and direction players other than CoF get to make in games like Game 12349144 and Game 12349146. Particularly Pedro "CoF had to take my Hive turns because chuuuuck didn't leave me instructions". I hope he's gotten better at Hive since that particular game, since he made it very clear in that thread that he was so incapable of taking his turn without instructions from chuuuck that CoF had to do it for him (and then quickly get someone to log back into his account in order to hide CoF's Hong Kong flag so no one would know).

Arama86n wrote:As for the question if Josko/moonchild are guilty of any actual abuse, I try to take my cue from Sherlock and not theorize without data.

Very reasonable!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Arama86n on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:14 am

the Chuuuck situation was before my time, so I'll simply say I wouldn't have joined TOFU if I wasn't satisfied with the explanation given for those events. A situation was created by Chuuuck himself, which then put people in the horrible position of having to bend rules to fix, and then he does the unimaginable... well you know the story. Let's not get into that Foxglove.

As for the rest of your post, not sure what more there is to add, except that CoF is only playing in 4/13 of the unlimited games, something a few people spewing garbage in this thread might want to take note of.

regarding the "forum posts" bit, I meant this thread, not our forum.

Regarding me digging into the past, yeah :sick: enough bullshit in this thread without reading back over past bullshit thanks. I will say that I studied the Chuuuck-case in great detail though before making a decision to commit to TOFU, and the fact that I'm here should tell you all you need to know about my conclusion.

Aaaaanyway...
/me hands niMic a cold beer for being a breath of fresh air

/me hands himself a cold beer to celebrate not having come up against Rodion in this challenge. I'll face Josko any day.. but but, not Rodion 8-[ ;)

/me just took a look and realized Rodion hasn't played a single game in the challenge despite being otherwise active on CC :-s :o
Major Arama86n

Postby Foxglove on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 am

Arama86n wrote:the Chuuuck situation was before my time, so I'll simply say I wouldn't have joined TOFU if I wasn't satisfied with the explanation given for those events. A situation was created by Chuuuck himself, which then put people in the horrible position of having to bend rules to fix, and then he does the unimaginable... well you know the story. Let's not get into that Foxglove.

Once again, you extrapolate and respond to a situation far beyond the scope of my comments. My comment was about CoF taking turns in a Hive game for pedro, when pedro was able to take them. Pedro himself said that CoF took his Hive turns because he didn't have instructions to follow.

Arama86n wrote:As for the rest of your post, not sure what more there is to add, except that CoF is only playing in 4/13 of the unlimited games, something a few people spewing garbage in this thread might want to take note of.

This is apropos of exactly nothing in my previous post.

Enjoy your beer, but please don't expect me to not respond to generalizations, ignorance, or exaggerations.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby IcePack on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:40 am

There goes the neighborhood

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby John Deere on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 am

What a great circle jerk you guys have going on here....
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby niMic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 am

That's... not what a circle jerk is. A circle jerk would be if we were all telling each other how amazing everyone in this thread is.
General niMic

Postby Arama86n on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 am

niMic wrote:That's... not what a circle jerk is. A circle jerk would be if we were all telling each other how amazing everyone in this thread is.

Well I did just insinuate that I think Rodion is pretty awesome, now you say something nice about somebody on our side, and hopefully it catches on, spins out of control until we have Josko and CoF making love not war? :D

Ofc, freakns will just come in and destroy our good work with a well placed comment in a few hours to get the bad blood flowing again, but at least we can try ;)
Major Arama86n

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 am

Pedro sucks at Hive and hates it. He'd be the first to admit it.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby niMic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 am

Hive is the worst fucking map ever.
General niMic

Postby fishydance on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:14 am

Arama86n wrote:/me hands himself a cold beer to celebrate not having come up against Rodion in this challenge. I'll face Josko any day.. but but, not Rodion 8-[ ;)

/me just took a look and realized Rodion hasn't played a single game in the challenge despite being otherwise active on CC :-s :o

We can fix that if you'd like :lol: :lol:

Okay, maybe not... want another beer? My brother left me a six pack of beer called "Raging Bitch". Do you think he's making a statement? Anyway, I'll share my Raging Bitch with you guys :D
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Arama86n on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 am

fishydance wrote:
Arama86n wrote:/me hands himself a cold beer to celebrate not having come up against Rodion in this challenge. I'll face Josko any day.. but but, not Rodion 8-[ ;)

Okay, maybe not... want another beer? My brother left me a six pack of beer called "Raging Bitch". Do you think he's making a statement? Anyway, I'll share my Raging Bitch with you guys :D

I'm always up for trying new kinds of beer. Raging Bitch aye? yeah, I might raise an eye brow if I was a woman and some one left me a present of that, :lol:
Major Arama86n

Postby fishydance on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:41 am

Arama86n wrote:
fishydance wrote:

I'm always up for trying new kinds of beer. Raging Bitch aye? yeah, I might raise an eye brow if I was a woman and some one left me a present of that, :lol:

Here you go, on the house! It's actually pretty good. Just to show what a fair fish I am, in addition to sharing my beer I'll share my dice too. You can have all the 1s muhahahahahahaha :lol:
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Arama86n on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:58 am

fishydance wrote:
Arama86n wrote:
fishydance wrote:

Here you go, on the house! It's actually pretty good. Just to show what a fair fish I am, in addition to sharing my beer I'll share my dice too. You can have all the 1s muhahahahahahaha :lol:

Just goes to show how much ale I've had in my life, I've had others from flying dog brewery :lol:
I don't think I've had that one though, you'd think I'd remember that name in that case, Raging Bitch haha
Major Arama86n

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 am

Just to show what a fair fish I am, in addition to sharing my beer I'll share my dice too. You can have all the 1s muhahahahahahaha :lol:

:D Love the evil laugh.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby Master Fenrir on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 am

John Deere wrote:What a great circle jerk you guys have going on here....

niMic wrote:That's... not what a circle jerk is. A circle jerk would be if we were all telling each other how amazing everyone in this thread is.

Yeah. I think JD may have meant "a great game of soggy waffle." I could be wrong, though.

niMic wrote:Hive is the worst fucking map ever.

I agree. I remember wanting to punch Bruce in the face when I first saw that map.

Edit: I just went and looked and Bruce didn't contribute to that map. I don't know why I thought that. I will spend some time in deep self-reflection and try to determine if I have a subconscious hatred towards Bruce.
Last edited by Master Fenrir on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Leehar on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:
niMic wrote:Hive is the worst fucking map ever.

I agree. I remember wanting to punch Bruce in the face when I first saw that map.

Edit: I just went and looked and Bruce didn't contribute to that map. I don't know why I thought that.

Punching Bruce still works tho ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby freakns on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Foxglove wrote:Once again, you extrapolate and respond to a situation far beyond the scope of my comments. My comment was about CoF taking turns in a Hive game for pedro, when pedro was able to take them. Pedro himself said that CoF took his Hive turns because he didn't have instructions to follow.

at least he is honest, you have to give him that!

Arama86n wrote:

Well I did just insinuate that I think Rodion is pretty awesome, now you say something nice about somebody on our side, and hopefully it catches on, spins out of control until we have Josko and CoF making love not war? :D

Ofc, freakns will just come in and destroy our good work with a well placed comment in a few hours to get the bad blood flowing again, but at least we can try ;)

who, me?! thats not truth... im not doing anything, i just handle lighter to Josko and CoF, its not my fault they dont need anything else :D

Chariot of Fire wrote:Pedro sucks at Hive and hates it. He'd be the first to admit it.

then why he is playing it?! out of whole TOFU with so many great players, Pedro is forced to play Hive, both triples and quads?!
i hate that map, i think its insult to common sense to play that map, but thats why you dont see me playing it.
Brigadier freakns

Postby Arama86n on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:42 pm

freakns wrote:
Foxglove wrote:Once again, you extrapolate and respond to a situation far beyond the scope of my comments. My comment was about CoF taking turns in a Hive game for pedro, when pedro was able to take them. Pedro himself said that CoF took his Hive turns because he didn't have instructions to follow.

at least he is honest, you have to give him that!

Arama86n wrote:

who, me?! thats not truth... im not doing anything, i just handle lighter to Josko and CoF, its not my fault they dont need anything else :D

Chariot of Fire wrote:Pedro sucks at Hive and hates it. He'd be the first to admit it.

then why he is playing it?! out of whole TOFU with so many great players, Pedro is forced to play Hive, both triples and quads?!
i hate that map, i think its insult to common sense to play that map, but thats why you dont see me playing it.

Simple, when we got the KoRT games we started a thread in the forum. "last one to say "not ME" has to play hive", and Pedro was out courting a batch of alcohol. the rest as they say is history ;) ;)

In all honesty though I simply said no. The map gives me a headache. I'm not sure how much it has to do with me being colour-blind (red/green among other things), but I bloody hate having to stare at that cluster-f*** of colours... does my head in.
Major Arama86n

Postby Doc_Brown on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:48 pm

I'd like to chime in here and add my own 2 cents. I've been around CC for a few years but haven't approached the clan scene until the beginning of this year, so I'm an outsider when it comes to the KORT-TOFU (and especially Josko-CoF) history. I don't know the full story of everything that happened a couple year ago in regards to the sitting abuse and whatever else. From my perspective, it was a good while back and is irrelevant. Warnings were issued, and CoF got a ban. End of story. I can say with absolute integrity that the kind of things that were reported at that time are not going on now. I've been in TOFU for only about 2 months, and I can say that everyone on the team contributes in every game I've been in (including the Hive games). I'm easily the least experienced player in the clan, but I am asked to give my input as well, and that input is appreciated, respected, and responded to. I'm sure most people believe that's the standard practice in KORT games as well. I can also report that TOFU takes the sitting rules very seriously. Maybe it has to do with previous warnings and bans issued to members of the clan, but there has been great caution to avoid even the appearance of anything that might cross the line.

From posts in this threat, it sounds like Foxy, Josko, and others seem to think that CoF is still up to the same old shenanigans. If that were the case, I wouldn't stick around, and if it ever becomes the case, I'm sure I will be part of exodus from TOFU. I'd just like for everything to come down a notch. Friendly banter and ribbing for transgressions of the past is always fair game, but let's avoid the personal attacks and insinuations. Arama mentioned beer. I think a beer summit between Josko and CoF is a great idea. In fact, I have the perfect beer for both of them: :D

Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby freakns on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:19 pm

that beer would suit them perfectly :lol:

and if Foxy continues to slap Arama and Dako, while Josko and CoF are having a beer, just send her to me, i already have few ideas what to do... some even includes rolling the dice! :twisted:
Brigadier freakns

Postby Arama86n on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:I'd like to chime in here and add my own 2 cents. I've been around CC for a few years but haven't approached the clan scene until the beginning of this year, so I'm an outsider when it comes to the KORT-TOFU (and especially Josko-CoF) history. I don't know the full story of everything that happened a couple year ago in regards to the sitting abuse and whatever else. From my perspective, it was a good while back and is irrelevant. Warnings were issued, and CoF got a ban. End of story. I can say with absolute integrity that the kind of things that were reported at that time are not going on now. I've been in TOFU for only about 2 months, and I can say that everyone on the team contributes in every game I've been in (including the Hive games). I'm easily the least experienced player in the clan, but I am asked to give my input as well, and that input is appreciated, respected, and responded to. I'm sure most people believe that's the standard practice in KORT games as well. I can also report that TOFU takes the sitting rules very seriously. Maybe it has to do with previous warnings and bans issued to members of the clan, but there has been great caution to avoid even the appearance of anything that might cross the line.

From posts in this threat, it sounds like Foxy, Josko, and others seem to think that CoF is still up to the same old shenanigans. If that were the case, I wouldn't stick around, and if it ever becomes the case, I'm sure I will be part of exodus from TOFU. I'd just like for everything to come down a notch. Friendly banter and ribbing for transgressions of the past is always fair game, but let's avoid the personal attacks and insinuations. Arama mentioned beer. I think a beer summit between Josko and CoF is a great idea. In fact, I have the perfect beer for both of them: :D

=D>
Superb post mate. You put the rest of us to shame.
And don't mind if I do grab an ale :D
Major Arama86n

Postby Foxglove on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:35 pm

You remind me of Leehar, Doc_Brown. You're just so... reasonable. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges