Conquer Club

[CL5] 1:KORT MVP:josko 2:ID MVP:M Chief 3:AQOH MVP:thelord

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL5]-Clan League 5- main page [Phase 1 close to end]

Postby Denise on Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 am

Oh, this thread has made me laugh. :lol: Thank you for phrasing the rule differently to make it clear, qwert. =D> =D>

I've always been aware of the "minimum of 10 different players per round" rule. It's not new.
Colonel Denise

Postby chapcrap on Mon May 27, 2013 9:50 am

Looking back, I see that the 10 player rule was there before, but there was also more games in a set... With a max of 3 games per player though, it really doesn't matter. With that rule you are forces to use at least 9 players anyway.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Qwert on Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 am

News

Tofu decide to withdraw from Premier League. They will have problem with some player inactivity, vacations and real life issue . So they feel that will not be in position to be ready for Premier League. Today will be adjustment of Premier League Table and Schedules, and every team in round where they need to play with TOFU , will get bye.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby L M S on Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 am

Why not bump the next clan in from Q1 instead?
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dako on Wed May 29, 2013 8:57 am

Guys! Quick! Look! We can have another vote in CDF!
Colonel Dako

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am

qwert wrote:News

Tofu decide to withdraw from Premier League. They will have problem with some player inactivity, vacations and real life issue . So they feel that will not be in position to be ready for Premier League. Today will be adjustment of Premier League Table and Schedules, and every team in round where they need to play with TOFU , will get bye.

Really unserious behavior and clan management. Great favor to clan world, thanks TOFU =D>
Withdrawing from a seeded competition comes second time from TOFU (first time was ACC1). There are clans with less members than them and they play competitions normally and do not withdraw. I hope clan world will consider some sort of punishment for this, as this is second time doing the same "favor" to clan competitions.
In my opinion, it seems like they like to play only when they are on their peak (i.e. all or almost all clan members are active), and when there is more chance they can lose (because of inactivity of some members) they rather withdraw than lose. On contrary of that, KORT always played in major competitions, both on times when we were on peak of our form and when half members of our clan were on retirement stage. Number of trophies also proves that, constant 3 years domination of KORT vs one title achieved by TOFU on the time when they had all active players.

Again, I was right (as usual ;) ) with my forecast from more than 2 months ago what will happen to TOFU results after CC4.
viewtopic.php?f=441&t=183670&start=45#p4107687
josko.ri wrote:It is extremely hard to play 3 simultaneous competitions with only 20ish active players and to be on the top in every competition. KORT has done that more or less very successfully for 3 years so we know the best how it is hard to manage that and therefore I am forecasting TOFU's lower results in upcoming period.

I was just wrong because I did not expect withdrawing but rather lower results due to fatigue of long time constant players' activity. Withdrawing is for sure better for ego than facing opposition even when your form is not on peak level. =D>
Major josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Wed May 29, 2013 9:18 am

L M S wrote:Why not bump the next clan in from Q1 instead?

This. Premier hasn't started and this is what was done w AOC & EMP, it should be consistent.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 am

IcePack wrote:

This. Premier hasn't started and this is what was done w AOC & EMP, it should be consistent.

Not that I have any say anymore but I tend to agree although I guess it's a pain when planning and research have already begun.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby danryan on Wed May 29, 2013 9:27 am

Agreed.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby catnipdreams on Wed May 29, 2013 9:33 am

Josko, I have tried really, really hard to understand your point of view, and to consider the things you say, even when I disagree with them. I give up. You are simply mean spirited. It was a very difficult decision for TOFU to make to withdraw from this competition, but we simply do not have enough "player hours" available to participate in everything we would like. We chose a healthy path, where real life and CC are better balanced. Playing these games is supposed to be fun, and these clan wars should be the ultimate expression of fun competition. Let's try to get back to that. TOFU is maximizing our fun, and we hope every clan will do the same, whatever that means for each clan. Good luck and most importantly, ENJOY the wars, to the rest of the participating clans. Namaste.
Major catnipdreams

Postby IcePack on Wed May 29, 2013 10:06 am

jetsetwilly wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Not that I have any say anymore but I tend to agree although I guess it's a pain when planning and research have already begun.

Yeah, its going to be a pain. If it was halfway thru Premier League or already started, I would agree that bye's are given (as such in AOC and EMP situation). But this one there is clearly a phase of the event that hasn't started, and the ability to take the next clan is still there.

If i were clan #3 in the QG that TOFU was in, and found out they dropped, i would be PISSED if i wasn't bumped up when they dropped.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 29, 2013 10:08 am

catnipdreams wrote:It was a very difficult decision for TOFU to make to withdraw from this competition, but we simply do not have enough "player hours" available to participate in everything we would like.

I very well understand your situation, KORT was in situation of constant activity in 2 competitions for 3 years, so I very well experienced lack of "player hours" to participate in all competitions. There is very simple way to fix that problem, recruit more players. We have now more than 30 active players, we knew that "player hours" is big problem if we want to be constantly on top.

It is the easiest to be on top on the way that you collect top 15-20 players on CC and participate in competitions only when all of them are active and in peak of form. However, it is much harder to stay on top and conquer titles when some of those players are inactive, and THAT is what makes a top clan really top, to be the best even when not playing in its the best roster.
Major josko.ri

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 29, 2013 10:10 am

catnipdreams wrote:Josko, I have tried really, really hard to understand your point of view, and to consider the things you say, even when I disagree with them. I give up. You are simply mean spirited. It was a very difficult decision for TOFU to make to withdraw from this competition, but we simply do not have enough "player hours" available to participate in everything we would like. We chose a healthy path, where real life and CC are better balanced. Playing these games is supposed to be fun, and these clan wars should be the ultimate expression of fun competition. Let's try to get back to that. TOFU is maximizing our fun, and we hope every clan will do the same, whatever that means for each clan. Good luck and most importantly, ENJOY the wars, to the rest of the participating clans. Namaste.

Well, you can maximize your fun by thinking ahead.

This exact same thing happened with Empire and AOC and there was no punishment at all.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby L M S on Wed May 29, 2013 10:11 am

First of all, Josko...f*ck off. I love how you take every opportunity to bash TOFU, without regard, such foolishness from such and intelligent person...or maybe you just need to grow up. It has nothing to do with the best roster, its a simple lack of available players.
It's not like the decision was easy. Our clan is very small, the numbers didn't work out any other way. I think it was damn considerate of us to do it NOW rather than after everything was up and running.
Sorry to everyone except josko.
namaste`

In other news, TOFU is recruiting......
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 29, 2013 10:14 am

chapcrap wrote:
catnipdreams wrote:Josko, I have tried really, really hard to understand your point of view, and to consider the things you say, even when I disagree with them. I give up. You are simply mean spirited. It was a very difficult decision for TOFU to make to withdraw from this competition, but we simply do not have enough "player hours" available to participate in everything we would like. We chose a healthy path, where real life and CC are better balanced. Playing these games is supposed to be fun, and these clan wars should be the ultimate expression of fun competition. Let's try to get back to that. TOFU is maximizing our fun, and we hope every clan will do the same, whatever that means for each clan. Good luck and most importantly, ENJOY the wars, to the rest of the participating clans. Namaste.

This exact same thing happened with Empire and AOC and there was no punishment at all.

For TOFU this is second offense, first one was withdrawing from ACC1.
Major josko.ri

Postby L M S on Wed May 29, 2013 10:15 am

josko.ri wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

For TOFU this is second offense, first one was withdrawing from ACC1.

Everything you do is offensive.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 am

These were my thoughts posted in CDF thread about the issue.

IcePack wrote:If there was no rule stating that somebody couldn't drop, then I dont think punishment is warranted. I agree with TOFU, that if they were considering dropping the change over from QG to PL was the time to do it.

HOWEVER:

Moving forward, I definitely think there should be some rules and / or expectations and repercussions from dropping from a major event.
--------------------------

That being said, I believe TOFU should have to finish CL5 which is halfway through, which they committed to first - before being able to actively participate in CC4 (especially since they're getting ready to win CC3, get a bye in CC4 etc) which is run by the CD's and could be some sort of repercussions considered for the dropping of CL5. (NOTE: I said "CONSIDERED". I'm still willing to hear both sides of the argument and possibly change my opinion either way once discussions have progressed)

IcePack

If TOFU is running low on "player hours" then they should be obligated to teh event in which they signed up first. They haven't actively started participation in CC4, so imo they should be required to finish out CL5 and dropped from CC4. Freeing them up from CC4 will "relieve" their low time resources and allow them to continue in CL5, unless they wish to drop from both.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed May 29, 2013 10:23 am

As it happens Josko, we are in the process of doing that. We aren't dropping out of RL3 or CC4. We're already well into RL3 and it would be unfair to the other clans for us to drop out in the middle of it. We have time to recruit and integrate more members before CC4 picks up. TOFU has been running with <15 very active players for the past couple months, and most of our clan members are over 30 and have jobs, families, and significant real life responsibilities. With 10ish active adult players, there was no way to be active in 3 different clan events. We tried to make it work, and there was much discussion in our forum, but ultimately we decided that this was the best solution and would cause the least problems for the other clans since Premier League hasn't started yet.

Look on the bright side Josko, now that TOFU is out, KORT will be the likely favorite again! :P
(that was a joke and doesn't need a 5 paragraph response with detailed analysis of why TOFU shouldn't have been the favorite, how your clan was likely to win, CoF's <50% record, and so on ;) )
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby L M S on Wed May 29, 2013 10:25 am

IcePack wrote:These were my thoughts posted in CDF thread about the issue.

IcePack wrote:If there was no rule stating that somebody couldn't drop, then I dont think punishment is warranted. I agree with TOFU, that if they were considering dropping the change over from QG to PL was the time to do it.

HOWEVER:

Moving forward, I definitely think there should be some rules and / or expectations and repercussions from dropping from a major event.
--------------------------

That being said, I believe TOFU should have to finish CL5 which is halfway through, which they committed to first - before being able to actively participate in CC4 (especially since they're getting ready to win CC3, get a bye in CC4 etc) which is run by the CD's and could be some sort of repercussions considered for the dropping of CL5. (NOTE: I said "CONSIDERED". I'm still willing to hear both sides of the argument and possibly change my opinion either way once discussions have progressed)

IcePack

If TOFU is running low on "player hours" then they should be obligated to teh event in which they signed up first. They haven't actively started participation in CC4, so imo they should be required to finish out CL5 and dropped from CC4. Freeing them up from CC4 will "relieve" their low time resources and allow them to continue in CL5, unless they wish to drop from both.

IcePack

This all happened within the last 3 or 4 days, without warning.
CC4 shouldn't be an issue, there is enough time to get some new blood in the clan in order to handle the load.
For CL5, I'm not even sure we could meet the 10 different players per round rule atm.

In other news, TOFU is recruiting.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 am

IcePack wrote:If TOFU is running low on "player hours" then they should be obligated to teh event in which they signed up first. They haven't actively started participation in CC4, so imo they should be required to finish out CL5 and dropped from CC4. Freeing them up from CC4 will "relieve" their low time resources and allow them to continue in CL5, unless they wish to drop from both.

IcePack

We seriously considered that. Unfortunately, we'll have trouble just filling the CL5 games for the first several rounds anyway. The best course of action for TOFU, and the fairest action for the other clans, is for us to withdraw from CL5 now while it causes the least impact, and to spend the next month recruiting more players to make sure we don't have more problems later. If we're forced to play CL5 now, we can't put our efforts into recruiting, and we probably end up having to withdraw from CL5 midway through the competition in addition to dropping RL3 now.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby IcePack on Wed May 29, 2013 10:34 am

So if you fail to recruit players, we can expect you will drop from CC4 as well?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby freakns on Wed May 29, 2013 10:40 am

i dont see how and why is important what Josko is thinking? noone gives a f*ck.
other that that, this is chicken shit move from TOFU. i dont care how you put it, its shitty. its just not true you dont have enough players to participate. more then half of our members are ppl who come online once per day, spend 15-20 minutes on CC, and move on with their RL. couple of us who have no RL are organizing things, and we arent dropping out of competition.

and to respond to cat, if its all about fun, then youd have no problem having lesser results in CL5, but i guess when it is between fun and being the best, TOFU will chose later. nothing wrong with that, but call it as it is.

anyhow, good luck in getting new players, and i hope youll get back strong enough to enter CC4. lost bunch of respect from me, but im pretty sure you dont give a f*ck, so nothing lost there...
Brigadier freakns

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed May 29, 2013 10:43 am

IcePack wrote:So if you fail to recruit players, we can expect you will drop from CC4 as well?

No, we don't expect to fail, and no we won't be dropping CC4.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby danryan on Wed May 29, 2013 10:46 am

Freak going hard in the paint. =D>
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby L M S on Wed May 29, 2013 10:47 am

I can assure you that TOFU is not chicken shit to take on anyone in a clan war.
I'm sorry that no one is privy to our forum discussions, you would see then, how this all came about and what a difficult decision it was to make. Right now, we are essentially sitting at under 15 players, and of those many are taking extended summer vacations with family and the like.

In other news....TOFU is recruiting.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges