Conquer Club

[CC4] RA (29) vs ATL (32) - Final 11/15

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC4] RA (0) vs ATL (1)

Postby Keefie on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:17 pm

+1 too. There should be no forfeit here.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Genoke on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:17 pm

VioIet, if you've got time, could you update this threat please?
like putting the games in it....
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Has this one started yet?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Electricksabers on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Yes, there are a couple complete games. I think batch 2 is starting soonish.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby Genoke on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:Has this one started yet?

It sure has!

first blood has arised...
Game 13143374
Game 13143345
both win for Atlantis! =D> =D>
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Re: [CC4] RA (0) vs ATL (3)

Postby Genoke on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:38 am

and another one
Game 13144631, but poor VicFontaine posted it in our first war (NC4) :D

ps: thank you for updating the thread. =D>
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Re: [CC4] RA (0) vs ATL (3)

Postby Genoke on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Another win for Atlantis!
Game 13143351
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Re: [CC4] RA (1) vs ATL (5)

Postby Genoke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Atlantis 2nd home batch has been sent!
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Genoke on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:43 am

Game 13144646 win for Atlantis...
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Genoke on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:47 am

Genoke wrote:Atlantis 2nd home batch has been sent!

it's 09 sept now and haven't received the 2nd batch from RA, so i'll take a look at game finder and search for them myself.
VioIet, could you sent me, in 2 weeks, the 3rd batch by pm please, like i sent it to you? would be easier. thank you.
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby VioIet on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 pm

RA's Home Games were created and joined on September 8.

I am not looking to do more work for myself. It is not stated in the rules that I have to send a pm with a game list. You don't have to send me one either; it's not necessary and I don't even read it. I always use game finder to find my clan games.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I am honestly too busy for "extra's" such as that. If anyone else from RA or Atlantis would like to send Genoke a pm of RA's Batch 2 Home Games, that is fine with me.

I already have to do lists/pm's like that for Clan League, and they really take me a long time to type up. I am not the fastest typer.

Just copy/paste this into the tournament bar in game finder:
2013 [Aug] [CC4] RA vs ATL
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Re: [CC4] RA (1) vs ATL (6)

Postby angola on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:32 am

How do you create your home games, if not from a list?

Do you just go to the create game page and willy nilly make games? Seems that sending a PM is easy enough to do.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby stotzi on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 am

We in Austria have a saying, "Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus."
Major stotzi

Postby Arama86n on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:48 am

VioIet wrote:RA's Home Games were created and joined on September 8.

I am not looking to do more work for myself. It is not stated in the rules that I have to send a pm with a game list. You don't have to send me one either; it's not necessary and I don't even read it. I always use game finder to find my clan games.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I am honestly too busy for "extra's" such as that. If anyone else from RA or Atlantis would like to send Genoke a pm of RA's Batch 2 Home Games, that is fine with me.

I already have to do lists/pm's like that for Clan League, and they really take me a long time to type up. I am not the fastest typer.

If nothing else, sending your opponents a PM with your home games is a tradition that all clans(?) have adhered to as far as I know. If it's not in the rules, it's probably because no one has ever questioned this before... It's simply a small act of courtesy that helps clan-wars to be run smoothly.
Major Arama86n

Postby Keefie on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:23 am

Arama86n wrote:

If nothing else, sending your opponents a PM with your home games is a tradition that all clans(?) have adhered to as far as I know. If it's not in the rules, it's probably because no one has ever questioned this before... It's simply a small act of courtesy that helps clan-wars to be run smoothly.

I can't remember the last time I sent or received a pm regarding home games. I don't think it's as traditional as you think.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Genoke on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:28 am

It surprises me to read this...my opinion...if you receive my list...it would be less work for you instead! It would safe you some time...like copy paste, no typing needed.
But hey, if you prefer to keep doing things the hard way...don't let me stop you...and keep busy!
I'll help you with that, i won't send any batch games anymore as you request.
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Arama86n on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:38 am

Keefie wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

I can't remember the last time I sent or received a pm regarding home games. I don't think it's as traditional as you think.

Really? :shock:
Ok, I stand corrected apparently.
Major Arama86n

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:33 am

Arama86n wrote:
Keefie wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

Really? :shock:
Ok, I stand corrected apparently.

Yeah, my experience it varies from clan to clan (sometimes even organizer to organizer). As a thread organizer, i do tend to agree with genoke. Its much easier to copy and paste his list then dig through game finder and create a list of my own for the OP. And even if its not formatted 100% perfectly, its nice to be able to send the list we created in planning in private clan area over to them so they have some easy reference usually.
But, i wouldn't be surprised if i did have to dig and make the list on my own - as it does happen regularly.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Genoke on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Rail USA is a win for Atlantis! =D>
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby VioIet on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 am

angola wrote:How do you create your home games, if not from a list?

Do you just go to the create game page and willy nilly make games? Seems that sending a PM is easy enough to do.

I pretty much know in my head who will play what game-especially for my home lineups. Away lineups can take some more time to figure out. I have some ongoing documents on my personal computer that I constantly update as I continue to do clan research. What I have is sufficient enough that I don't have to make lists for each and every clan war. I already know what games and teams will constitute our home lineup- and it is pretty much in memory by now. When an away map comes up, I use my own documents to determine who will be best suited for that game. When I have figured it out- I invite.

Typing a list of the games in a pm is not easy for me. I have to type out the map title, game numbers, highlight it, press the game button, type out player names. Then list whether dubs/trips/quads, Type settings. Then repeat for each and every game entry. It's tedious! Believe it or not, I can type this long post faster than I could make a game list, lol.

Genoke wrote:It surprises me to read this...my opinion...if you receive my list...it would be less work for you instead! It would safe you some time...like copy paste, no typing needed.
But hey, if you prefer to keep doing things the hard way...don't let me stop you...and keep busy!
I'll help you with that, i won't send any batch games anymore as you request.

How do you copy/paste? I always felt/thought that I had to type it all out from game finder. Just copy/pasting would have a really messy format, wouldn't it? Then you'd have to delete stuff to make the list cleaner. It just seems time consuming. Maybe some people are good at that, but it's hard for me. That may sound silly, but I really am not so good at that.

IcePack wrote:
Yeah, my experience it varies from clan to clan (sometimes even organizer to organizer). As a thread organizer, i do tend to agree with genoke. Its much easier to copy and paste his list then dig through game finder and create a list of my own for the OP. And even if its not formatted 100% perfectly, its nice to be able to send the list we created in planning in private clan area over to them so they have some easy reference usually.
But, i wouldn't be surprised if i did have to dig and make the list on my own - as it does happen regularly.

I respect this post Ice Pack, and it's well stated. It's just that the way I see it- everything is done through game-finder- creating the games and sending the invites. Irregardless of receiving a list, both leaders have to check out the tourney anyway through game-finder.

If you are an individual who likes game lists- then that is fine, but I feel that you should be expected to make your own. I do my own clan game research and I don't expect to be aided in that by anyone.

Now the only unique list that I do make for each war is to basically keep track of game count for each player. But again, this is a personal list and I don't expect to have any help with it.

But if Atlantis really considers this a "courtesy" and "necessary," then as I suggested before, someone else- either RA member, Atlantis member, random person- I don't care who, can send Genoke a pm of the games.

Also, clan league is the only competition in which it is necessary to make game lists. I actually understand this is to help the organization in a competition of that size, and it makes sense. But I've just always relied on game finder, as I have to use it anyway. Still a few clans seem to forget to pm the lists each week, but it's no big deal.

In an individual clan war, Genoke is the first to send me a pm with a game list. I think it's fantastic that he's well-organized and on top of things. I just don't see it as being necessary.

RA has played plenty of wars, so I know that not all clans do this. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever been asked to do such a thing. I'm still not sure how it really helps people, but I will respect that it is a personal preference for some.

Now, I can agree to send a pm to Genoke, just letting him know that my games are up. That is no problem and a reasonable courtesy. Most clans do that, either by pm or in the thread, and it is nice. I just hate typing games out when they are already on display.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby BoganGod on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 am

Remind me again what you think a clan leader does? How about a clan contact for a clan war?
I know we have been over this before..... VioLet says "I've always done it this way, I always, I always, I'm over worked"

Games exchanged on those dates, means EXCHANGED. Not just "duh I makes da game, duh go looks for game, me no have care send game, me blame all again, me no do"

A possible translation of Violet's post above - Genoke, you and anyone else in the clan community are of little concern to me, I don't want and can't be arsed being polite and maintaining the basic courtesies that convention and common decency demand from one leader and/or clan war contact to another. I resent having to do mundane work like making lists(every clan leader does them). I will just be insulting and say here you piece of shit cut and paste this into game finder. I'm really a lazy person and expect to get results and praise for no effort.
Corporal BoganGod

Re: [CC4] RA (2) vs ATL (7)

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 am

Game 13144634 The spice must flow! (Who knows that reference without looking it up? I even played the game, way back in the early 1990s)

That is not what she is saying, BoganGod. She is polite in her post, she doesn't say those things you say. It would not be nice to see formulations made here reflect badly on Atlantis in the future.
General Gustaf Wasa

Re: [CC4] RA (2) vs ATL (7)

Postby stotzi on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:31 am

You are referring to one of my favourite movies made by genius David Lynch!! Dune - I love it and it enriches my DVD-collection ;) I never played the computer game though.

What a pity that you had to use the Oasis to dig up your spice ;)
Major stotzi

Re: [CC4] RA (3) vs ATL (8)

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Stotzi, you should have played in the Oasis game then! Next time, eh?

Ouch, that movie. The movie causes even lightning to burst into tears! No, I was referring to the novel, don't you know. But good to see that someone cares about the movie too. (I read all of the novels, including his son's prequels and sequels, because I don't stop reading something that I started. The novels that follow are very wooden, though. The first novel is enough reading. A good idea for a novel, that one.)

The game, we played it at my friend's house many times. It was the first game of that kind, where you gather resources to buy buildings that develop and produce troops, all in real-time. Like Age of Empires and Starcraft later. Quite fun, you even have Fremen on your side if you play as the Atreides, and sandworms could show up and swallow your troops, or you maneuver so that the enemy stand on the sand, you stand on the rocks. I heard there might be a remake of the game, in that case I will buy it. For Muad'Dib! He whose name is a killing word.

I must not fear, fear is the mindkiller....
General Gustaf Wasa

Re: [CC4] RA (3) vs ATL (8)

Postby stotzi on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 am

Ah, I never had the pleasure of reading the novels. Momentarily I am reading The Song of Fire and Ice (better known as Game of Thrones). I already wondered what I should read afterwards, so Dune seems a really fine idea to me!
I like the film very much, because of it's strange-ness and its atmosphere. If I had read the book before, maybe it would not be so, as it often is the case.

As for computer games I am not so the "real-time type" (I hope this has been approximately english...), this is so stressy. I prefer Heroes of Might and Magic or some old adventures which I play with one of my friends once a week, like e.g. Gabriel Knight. So CC fits good into my profile, I guess :)

To cite another movie ;) :
Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Major stotzi

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges