Conquer Club

Perception of Top 10 Clans [Annually + Longevity]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Perception of Top 10 Clans [Annually]

Postby benga on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
jefjef wrote:Sure but why not use the clan rankings we all just recently voted on?

hi jefjef, this will be offered to vote on towards end of this year, like in November 2011. Just curious of others who want to participate, so you can discuss with your clans in your forum. I will try to get Lindax to oversee this again. Thx for the interest.

Yeap count me in.
Sergeant benga

Postby reptile on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:15 pm

yep, count us in .
Major reptile

Postby Qwert on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:40 pm

instead of voting system i advice these system.

viewtopic.php?f=438&t=139348
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:22 pm

qwert wrote:instead of voting system i advice these system.

viewtopic.php?f=438&t=139348

I would not, that system of yours qwert is flawed towards farming, the best winning % does not mean the best clan. No one is going to respect that system of yours. :roll:
General Blitzaholic

Postby jpeter15 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:15 pm

I feel like a broken record here, but I still don't like the idea of combining votes from the power rankings with Blitz's poll.

I like the idea of the annual perception, my problem isn't with that.

I will use college football as an analogy... its like taking the year end poll for the 2010 season and the preseason rankings for 2011 and combining them to see who was the strongest in 2010. I understand that in college football there is more turnover than there is in CC clans, but it still demonstrates my point.

Again, one represents people's feelings on the overall strength for 365 days in 2010 while another represents the feelings on the strength of a clan moving forward.

Edit - I don't think I am going to convince anyone of my point, so I will move on, but ,...

Could we define the thread a little more clearly between, "who had the best year (ie, accomplishments)" and "who was the strongest clan skill-wise (ie, they might only have played 1 challenge but their lineup of players makes them an All-Star team)"
Colonel jpeter15

Postby Gold Knight on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:14 pm

jpeter15 wrote:I feel like a broken record here, but I still don't like the idea of combining votes from the power rankings with Blitz's poll.

I like the idea of the annual perception, my problem isn't with that.

I will use college football as an analogy... its like taking the year end poll for the 2010 season and the preseason rankings for 2011 and combining them to see who was the strongest in 2010. I understand that in college football there is more turnover than there is in CC clans, but it still demonstrates my point.

Again, one represents people's feelings on the overall strength for 365 days in 2010 while another represents the feelings on the strength of a clan moving forward.

Edit - I don't think I am going to convince anyone of my point, so I will move on, but ,...

Could we define the thread a little more clearly between, "who had the best year (ie, accomplishments)" and "who was the strongest clan skill-wise (ie, they might only have played 1 challenge but their lineup of players makes them an All-Star team)"

I get what jpeter is saying here, similar to all the discussion with TSM in the rankings. Are they an elite clan on the site, yes. Are they one of the best clans of the past year, with 0 results, no. Just a clarification on which criteria the voting/rankings is based on.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby MTIceman41 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:20 pm

I will vote...sounds good
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby peanutsdad on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:04 am

I would vote as well.
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby Dako on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:58 am

Every one will vote now and it will be another power rankings :D.
Colonel Dako

Postby Qwert on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:26 am

""I would not, that system of yours qwert is flawed towards farming, the best winning % does not mean the best clan. No one is going to respect that system of yours. ""

I remove wining %, these is now related on results.
Well if you call these flawed,i dont know how can i call these,who are not related on results. In your list THOTA will be every time no1-even if some clan play 20 chalenges in year-and winning all- and thota play 6-7 chalenges- thota will be again no1.
Ofcourse these is yours percepcion, but call mine ranking that its not ok,who are related on results,and only on results, its not ok. THOTA not have any finished chalenge in 2011,when some clans all ready have 2-3 finished,and play even more chalenges, that why you against result ranking,because with inactivity ,you can not be no1 clan,in normal year ranking, that why all kind of percepcion no score related ranking its much better for you,then some other ranking.
I belive that if some take all games and all results in 2010,thota will not be no1, because yours clan dont play league,and yours number of chalenges are belove ,what need to be no1 for 2010. But with percepcion ,people get feel that thota play 15-20 chalenges,and that are best, and real true,its that in 2010 thota not been so active,and because that can not be no1.

in 2010 you play 4 chalenges! Its these enough to be no1?
Win all 4

TOFU play 7 chalenges,and win all 7.
Now mine question are quite simple-why yours 4 win are much worthy then TOFU 7 wins?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gold Knight on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:03 am

qwert wrote:Now mine question are quite simple-why yours 4 win are much worthy then TOFU 7 wins?

Long story short, THOTA only faces top-tier competition outside the league, and have won on a consistent basis over the years. TOFU hasnt been around very long, hasn't played the quality of clans that THOTA has over the years. And this isn't a shot at TOFU or their competition, but I think it to be ludacris that anyone would say at this time that someone were better than THOTA, perceptually or based on results.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Qwert on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:43 am

""Long story short, THOTA only faces top-tier competition outside the league, and have won on a consistent basis over the years. TOFU hasnt been around very long, hasn't played the quality of clans that THOTA has over the years. And this isn't a shot at TOFU or their competition, but I think it to be ludacris that anyone would say at this time that someone were better than THOTA, perceptually or based on results.""
These is very wrong- What its purpose of having Top 10 clan Annualy, if you every time say "Look our history, we have been good in 2008-2009, we need to be best also in 2010, not look on scores"
And quality of clans? I will give you a list of opponents of bouth clans,and TOFU also play against 7 Quality opponents, same like THota against 4 quality opponents.
Next time its best to present results, and not stick to history,and what hepend two years earlier.
Now its 2011-and Thota not have any chalenge finished-what will be now parameter to be no1 clan? For thota its best to use hes results from 2009, and that these will be valid for every year.
Look on Tenis-if you dont play games, you can not be no1-but here you can. But these is normal in subjective system of ranking .
Jpcloet all ready move THOTA in no4 place- probably because inactivity, but these only show,that he try to be objective, and these is good,ofcourse he need to be objective,because hes ranking its more official,then these.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jpcloet on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am

qwert wrote:Jpcloet all ready move THOTA in no4 place- probably because inactivity, but these only show,that he try to be objective, and these is good,ofcourse he need to be objective,because hes ranking its more official,then these.

Are you talking about a really old RPI version? Current leap work has them #1 for sure. Every time someone comes close to beating them,.....well the key word is "close" isn't it?
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Eyestone on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:12 pm

No offense Qwert, but you really don't know what you're talking about. Clue would be that there is no one here agreeing with you - most people here disagrees.
General Eyestone

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Eyestone wrote:No offense Qwert, but you really don't know what you're talking about. Clue would be that there is no one here agreeing with you - most people here disagrees.

So what happens if THOTA gets beat BY KORT?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jetsetwilly on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Eyestone wrote:No offense Qwert, but you really don't know what you're talking about. Clue would be that there is no one here agreeing with you - most people here disagrees.

Closely followed by AOC beating KORT ;) Clearly everyone would unanimously agree that AOC were CC's top clan ;)
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:49 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

Closely followed by AOC beating KORT ;) Clearly everyone would unanimously agree that AOC were CC's top clan ;)

I am looking forward to playing SOC. We will be using Doodle earth Unlimited quads sunny flat rate!
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:24 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

I think that would be up to all the clans. an example when kort played tofu it was decided by 2 games I think, whether kort or tofu won or either way of the 2 games, where it was that close, my perception would be tofu is slightly better, now on chuuuuck's power rankings it may show kort better, depending on how clans vote. my guess is by the end of year of 2011 if kort blows us out, you could be viewed as #1 clan hands down, there will be well deserved argument your clan would be 1, tofu 2, and thota could fall to 3, again, this would depend on how other clans view this.

However, I know kort clan is not viewed that highly by some due to the way they handled the tofu challenge, many lost respect for kort clan and if kort clan barely won by a couple games over thota, that some may view it entirely differently. This also may depend on what others clans do all year long as well, it is hard to say, where there is so much of the year left for 2011. I think if kort won over us by a very close margin, they should play tofu and settle it once and for all, if not, a fair amount of clans could see tofu as #1 for 2011, again, we will need to see how the rest of the year unwinds.

well said eyestone =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby Eyestone on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:25 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

I am looking forward to playing SOC. We will be using Doodle earth Unlimited quads sunny flat rate!

:-s SOC? Who's that?
General Eyestone

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Typo... A is next to S LOL :)
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Masli on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

I think that would be up to all the clans. an example when kort played tofu it was decided by 2 games I think, whether kort or tofu won or either way of the 2 games, where it was that close, my perception would be tofu is slightly better, now on chuuuuck's power rankings it may show kort better, depending on how clans vote. my guess is by the end of year of 2011 if kort blows us out, you could be viewed as #1 clan hands down, there will be well deserved argument your clan would be 1, tofu 2, and thota could fall to 3, again, this would depend on how other clans view this.

However, I know kort clan is not viewed that highly by some due to the way they handled the tofu challenge, many lost respect for kort clan and if kort clan barely won by a couple games over thota, that some may view it entirely differently. This also may depend on what others clans do all year long as well, it is hard to say, where there is so much of the year left for 2011. I think if kort won over us by a very close margin, they should play tofu and settle it once and for all, if not, a fair amount of clans could see tofu as #1 for 2011, again, we will need to see how the rest of the year unwinds.

well said eyestone =D>

its only early 2011, a lot of things can happen to all of the clans ;)
Even if we beat you guys, the rest of the year will also be important to get the nr 1 spot (for every clan)
Colonel Masli

Postby Gold Knight on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

well said eyestone =D>

Blitz summed it up nicely. Even if THOTA loses by the slightest of margins, they would still have quite the argument to remain at number 1. Sometimes the challenges isnt about by how much the challenges is won by, but by the overall strength and weakness of the clan. I cannot be positive or verify, but I would say that THOTA's strength is that they have little-no weaknesses anywhere in their roster or knowledge/skill, comparitively to other clans. When clans like TSM lose Scottland, when LOW lost its TOFU players, they are obvious losses that can definately affect the outcome of a challenge. THOTA has seen some of the best players on this site consistently leave their ranks, and yet they have yet to falter (we'll see how the KORT thing plays out ;) ).

Which is why I like the implementation of the leap ladder recently, as in order to be the best you have to beat the best. Im sure this is a mentality that alot of people share, which is why the "perceptions" shown here more often than not show the results they do.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby niMic on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:48 am

Eyestone wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

:-s SOC? Who's that?

Sponges of Chaos?
Swedes of Chaos?
Sorority of Chaos?

The possibilities are endless.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Ace Rimmer on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:I think if kort won over us by a very close margin, they should play tofu and settle it once and for all, if not, a fair amount of clans could see tofu as #1 for 2011, again, we will need to see how the rest of the year unwinds.

Settle what? We won 32 games out of a 60 game challenge. The fact that they faced you because of a rule violation on TOFU's part does not make it any different that TOFU won more games. Even if you chose one of the extra games that CoF played and made it a loss, TOFU still beat CORT 31-29.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:43 pm

I just say,that you are wrong
Thota had 4 win in 2010
TOFU had 7 win in 2010
Opponents are almost same quality.
In any normal competitions, team who have better score win, but instead that you look only results from 2010,you look all results,and then decide who are winner in 2010. But i understand ,these is percepcion,and had nothing with results in 2010 year.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives