Conquer Club

The C.C.C.C.C

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you think this thread is a worthwhile endeavor (Can it be useful)?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes : 86

The C.C.C.C.C

Postby Leehar on Thu May 27, 2010 7:57 am

The Complete Comprehensive Composition on CC Clans
Well no, not really, but hopefully some day it could be... ;)

But anyway, pretty much a disclaimer to start with, a lot of this may very well be a biased view and my perspective of the different clans in CC over the past ~6months and my accompanying summary of them.
I'll first start with a Picture of the Clandemonium and go from there with regards to the appropriate clans

show: Initial Draft

show: Agents of Chaos - AoC

show: AoD

show: BoFM

show: BPB

show: BSS

show: Death By Comity - DBC

show: Dynasty - Dyn

show: EMP

show: EE

show: The Fantastic Four-Skins - TFFS

show: A Fistful of Sixes - AFoS

show: FOED

show: Generation One The Clan - G1 - GenOne

show: THOTA

show: IA

show: The Immortal Mortals Evolution - TIME

show: ID

show: Knights of the Future - KoF

show: KoRT

show: Left4Dead - L4D

show: LoW

show: LotZ

show: Memento Mori - MM

show: Myth

show: Nem

show: TOFU

show: TSM

show: VDLL

As I said, this is in still a work in progress, I may eventually introduce a ranking system and take out all the information (and basically just leave the link and name) but I want to stay away from making this similar to Blitz's 'top 5 clans' and keep the main purpose to provide information instead of position. Similarly, this thread is here to provide information, not results...
Last edited by Leehar on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 33 times in total.
show
Colonel Leehar

Re: Clan Information and Lists

Postby Dako on Thu May 27, 2010 8:01 am

The Brethren of the Fat Mermaid - BFM or BoFM
The Horsemen of the Apocalypse - THOTA
The Mythology Clan - Myth

It would be nice to order them in some way (alphabetical at least) and use [spoiler] tag.

Good job!
Colonel Dako

Postby Culs De Sac on Thu May 27, 2010 11:07 am

you forgot ++Legion++ :D
Major Culs De Sac

Postby Lubawski on Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 pm

You would be better off just going by what the clan's message is listed as. EMPIRE is not recruiting unless the perfect fit comes along.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Leehar on Sat May 29, 2010 8:49 am

Lubawski wrote:You would be better off just going by what the clan's message is listed as. EMPIRE is not recruiting unless the perfect fit comes along.

Yeah, but this isn't really about whether you're joining the clan or not. For example when looking around in the clan challenges/conquerors cup etc most of the time I don't know who's who (regarding clans, not people - even though I'm not sure of those either, can't really start making info lists about member, hmm, but maybe I can start putting information about some of them under their clan! Thanks for giving me this idea!) when reading through those threads and I just felt it would make it easier for everyone (but more obviously people new to clans) to have a place where they can find out things related to the different clans, which people like you:-$ (no offense;)) know like the back of your hand. 8-[
Obviously this is nowhere near the perfect clan information location I may want it to be, but if anyone has data I can put it it would be very helpful.

Culs De Sac wrote:you forgot ++Legion++ :D
lol, you aren't the only ones ;) There's quite a lot more clans I still need to add. But Legion and BSS are first on my list to add :D. Blitz top clans list has actually been helpful in me finding clans to put up first :lol:

Edit: Oh yes! I remember why I didn't include you guys. There was no information in your thread and the link didn't work either.. :-s If you have anywhere else I can get the information that'd be great.

Dako wrote:The Brethren of the Fat Mermaid - BFM or BoFM

It would be nice to order them in some way (alphabetical at least) and use [spoiler] tag.

Good job!

Thanks a lot, I was thinking of ordering them, and alphabetical is obviously the easiest way to do so, I still like the idea of rating the clans and sorting them by ranking, but that would be quite a bit harder to do, something to remember for the future though.
And yeah, spoilers should also make it a bit neater, I was actually thinking of putting the descriptions in quotes but spoilers do seem like a better option.

Other than that I may also put a list at the top where it could link to the different places in the post, not really sure how to implement that tho
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby jpcloet on Sat May 29, 2010 10:16 am

You can find most of the clans here:

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=64025

although we are starting to have a hard time updating it. Looking at a database to support.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby grifftron on Sat May 29, 2010 10:36 am

Its kinda cool, but you forgot a lot of clans including Memento Mori who was formed before some of the clans listed...

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jpcloet on Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 am

As I mentioned having a hard time keeping it up to date. Looking at options.

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat May 29, 2010 11:04 am

Leehar wrote:
Lubawski wrote:You would be better off just going by what the clan's message is listed as. EMPIRE is not recruiting unless the perfect fit comes along.

Yeah, but this isn't really about whether you're joining the clan or not. For example when looking around in the clan challenges/conquerors cup etc most of the time I don't know who's who (regarding clans, not people - even though I'm not sure of those either, can't really start making info lists about member, hmm, but maybe I can start putting information about some of them under their clan! Thanks for giving me this idea!) when reading through those threads and I just felt it would make it easier for everyone (but more obviously people new to clans) to have a place where they can find out things related to the different clans, which people like you:-$ (no offense;)) know like the back of your hand. 8-[
Obviously this is nowhere near the perfect clan information location I may want it to be, but if anyone has data I can put it it would be very helpful.

Culs De Sac wrote:you forgot ++Legion++ :D
lol, you aren't the only ones ;) There's quite a lot more clans I still need to add. But Legion and BSS are first on my list to add :D. Blitz top clans list has actually been helpful in me finding clans to put up first :lol:

Edit: Oh yes! I remember why I didn't include you guys. There was no information in your thread and the link didn't work either.. :-s If you have anywhere else I can get the information that'd be great.

Dako wrote:The Brethren of the Fat Mermaid - BFM or BoFM

Good job!

Thanks a lot, I was thinking of ordering them, and alphabetical is obviously the easiest way to do so, I still like the idea of rating the clans and sorting them by ranking, but that would be quite a bit harder to do, something to remember for the future though.
And yeah, spoilers should also make it a bit neater, I was actually thinking of putting the descriptions in quotes but spoilers do seem like a better option.

Other than that I may also put a list at the top where it could link to the different places in the post, not really sure how to implement that tho

thx Leehar, and just so all know, that is David Wain's 1st post in our Thota Clan Challenge thread, I just copy and pasted it, he was just having some fun banter and not me being cocky, :lol: just to make that clear and for all the sensitive beings out there that have shallow skin. ;)
General Blitzaholic

Postby Leehar on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:47 am

Ok, updated it a little
jpcloet wrote:You can find most of the clans here:

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=64025

although we are starting to have a hard time updating it. Looking at a database to support.

Yeah, it's a lovely thread, and if I can get mine to look a bit more like that it'd be awesome ;) I'm still trying to get around using most of the codes, so still learning how to use list, spoilers etc to make this thread look a bit more 'appealing'.
Blitzaholic wrote:
thx Leehar, and just so all know, that is David Wain's 1st post in our Thota Clan Challenge thread, I just copy and pasted it, he was just having some fun banter and not me being cocky, :lol: just to make that clear and for all the sensitive beings out there that have shallow skin. ;)

Lol, 'k, sorry for getting the wrong impression ;)

grifftron wrote:Its kinda cool, but you forgot a lot of clans including Memento Mori who was formed before some of the clans listed...

-griff

Yes, I'll get to everyone soon, The link of jp's is useful so that I now know all the clans which I need to put in. I apologize for slighting you guys a bit by not putting you in, and all the others as well since I've got a few messages about clans to put in. But as you may, or may not have noticed, I am still kinda new to the whole clan scene so don't really know everyone that well and can only use the information available to me, which is why I appreciate you coming out and telling me about what I've missed. Every contribution helps!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby andy_is_awesome on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:40 pm

The Encyclopedia of CC Clans?

Hope you have the stamina; sounds like quite the chore.
Should be fun to look at later.
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby angola on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:06 am

While most of us in AOC are Angels, including me.

We are actually the Agents of Chaos, not the Angels of Chaos.

We hate the Angels, more Yankees fans ... we like winners. :)
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 am

angola wrote:While most of us in AOC are Angels, including me.

Winners? Angels only team in baseball that has a winning record against your Yankees past decade :lol:
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby Dai_atan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Nice idea, looking forward to seeing it in full :) (maybe include a clan banner with each one?)
Dai_Atan
Proud Retired MoC
and now Active (like yeast in warm water!) Member of The Legion
Captain Dai_atan

Postby Leehar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:57 am

andy_is_awesome wrote:The Encyclopedia of CC Clans?

Hope you have the stamina; sounds like quite the chore.
Should be fun to look at later.

Lol, and proven by me leaving it alone for over a month >_<
I should hopefully start getting back to working more on it soon.
angola wrote:While most of us in AOC are Angels, including me.

Ah, sorry for that, thanks for mentioning it.
Dai_atan wrote:Nice idea, looking forward to seeing it in full :) (maybe include a clan banner with each one?)

Yes, it'll be something to try implement. I think however, that Masli has a whole thread dedicated to the clan banners, so I don't really want to step on his shoes too much.

I also see that Chuck got his power rankings up, so I may try using that to sort the clans, and try gather information on all of them and put them here.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby hiddendragon on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:26 am

where is BSS?
Sergeant 1st Class hiddendragon

Re: Clan Information and Lists (Encyclopedia?)

Postby Leehar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 pm

hiddendragon wrote:where is BSS?

Added.
I also added IA who I was actually told to add quite a few months ago. I sincerely apologize 8-[
O&H have been removed and AoC have been updated for the other changes

I'll try streamlining the thread a bit more soon. If anybody has anything to add, my inbox is open at all times, so feel free to send me any information you see fit.

Also, for the clans I haven't added yet, if you could give me a link, it would help things amazingly!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:09 pm

This is an excellent concept Leehar - good luck with its upkeep.

One thing that I (and doubtless many others) would find useful would be a record of clans' results. This would then be the place to come whenever one of those exercises to determine seedings and/or a clan ladder is being undertaken, because right now I think the majority just gauge standings based on reputation without having all the facts to hand (no-one is going to do a background check on every single clan).

Cheers, CoF
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby danryan on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:This is an excellent concept Leehar - good luck with its upkeep.

One thing that I (and doubtless many others) would find useful would be a record of clans' results. This would then be the place to come whenever one of those exercises to determine seedings and/or a clan ladder is being undertaken, because right now I think the majority just gauge standings based on reputation without having all the facts to hand (no-one is going to do a background check on every single clan).

Cheers, CoF

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=64025#p1595943

Here's the records of challenges, COF. It hasn't been updated too recently but I think that has to do with site upgrades to clans that are upcoming.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:01 pm

This is true Dan, thanks for alerting me to that. My guess is though that whatever new challenge results table is created will not take into consideration results outside what constitute a challenge, e.g. big tournies, CLA and such like. So I'm still pretty keen on Leehar's Clanpedia concept as everything pertinent to a clan, inc all results, can be seen at a glance.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Leehar on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am

Yeah, I was a bit hesitant to step on jpc's or Marvals toes since they are the clan directors which is why I didn't want to redo stuff that they've already done. But if we can really get stats for all the clans (similar to what was in that Tofu anniversary thread you had Simon) it might really be worthwhile.
However, I'm still worried about getting the OP overcrowded, it's not fun when you have to go through lines of stuff looking for what you want, so I'm still looking at ways to present this a bit better as well.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby jpcloet on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:36 am

A clan database has been requested for war results.

Postby Foxglove on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am

jpcloet wrote:A clan database has been requested for war results.

Does requested mean "actually being developed now and will be available sometime in the foreseeable future"? :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby jpcloet on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36 am

Requested means requested, along with a me giving a definition of fields etc. Not sure where it falls on the new programmers list.

Does "foreseeable" mean within the next year? ;)

Postby amazzony on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:27 am

The moment I saw the title of this topic I found it an extremely good idea. Yeah, the fact that I notice it like over a month later than it was posted shows that I haven't visited these forums for awhile now so I'm going to apologise ahead if I'm repeating something that has already been told somewhere else or goes against the future plans of clan section of CC.

So, my vision might be a bit different than Leehar's but I thought that I'll post it anyway because if somebody is going to pursue this idea further (either OP or somebody else) then I think it could be something really really useful in the future both to people new to clans and to anybody who wants to look up past data about whatever clan.

Anyways, I see Clanpedia (thanks, CoF!) like a real encyclopedia with data about every single clan that has ever existed in CC (and well, in the future perhaps about every Social group also. Socpedia? :P). It could be started with a little data about each clan: name, abbrevations, date of establishing, link to recruiting topic and member list, short 3-4 sentence description (from recruitment topic, member list page or from a clan leader), clan leader(s). In time when there are several contributers to the Clanpedia who have time to update it once per month, perhaps add clan wars info (not sure about it because they are already in a separate topic), number of members, tournament wins (basically the stuff that TOFU anniversary topic had). Maybe write a short history of the clan, add leaders and list of members.

Just some ideas that could be added if there are people willing to work on it. As said, I find it a very interesting idea and I think that a good Clan Chronicle/Clanpedia would be a good addition to the site.

/rant
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Next

Return to Clan Archives