Conquer Club

Power Rankings

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Power Rankings

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Biggest numerical rise: Grim Reapers (9 spots) =D> =D> , great job guys

Even more impressive was AOC's though. I think it was pretty expected, but jumping from 16 to 8 over those clans is pretty damn impressive when you look at it =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby MarshalNey on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Leehar wrote:Booo! :lol:

Lol, At least we stay in the top 10. ID's jump was a surprise, not really sure where that came from.
The only other point of note at the current glance would be DB being below aod and bpb...

Yeah, it was a surprise to me too considering our performance in the League, and that we were literally as close as you could come to taking Mythology's spot in the playoffs without actually beating them, but then again perhaps some voters didn't notice what happened in the League- our standard deviation is the 5th highest, which makes me think that those who participated/followed the League ranked us higher, and those who didn't ranked us based off of our Challenges alone (although we still beat AOD, albeit by a narrow margin as always ;) )
Last edited by MarshalNey on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain MarshalNey

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

reptile wrote:doesnt look too bad, thanks for the update chuck.

TSM must be happy considering they sat out all last year and still ended up #4 lol

and lost a handful of really good players
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:54 pm

lord voldemort wrote:

TSM must be happy considering they sat out all last year and still ended up #4 lol

if that has affected them a lot, not playing may have helped their rank, people don't know how much they've dropped

Postby Eyestone on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:

if that has affected them a lot, not playing may have helped their rank, people don't know how much they've dropped

Well, they're playing a close game with TOFU in the Clan League. They're still a top class bunch of players, at least good enough for small challenges. Will be interesting to see them in a larger scale tourney if they go far in the Cup.
General Eyestone

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Eyestone wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:

Well, they're playing a close game with TOFU in the Clan League. They're still a top class bunch of players, at least good enough for small challenges. Will be interesting to see them in a larger scale tourney if they go far in the Cup.

lol, forgot they were playing TOFU right now, you're right. And I meant more in the sense of dropping down to 6 or 7, I know they're still one of the 7 or 8 that are separating themselves from the pack right now, wasn't thinking they were going to fall off the face of the earth ;)

Postby jpeter15 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Based on what I have seen in our mini challenge with them, TSM is definitely a top 4 clan. It comes back to what the rankings are meant for... TSM is top 4 in skill and talent, but were not one of the best 4 clans of 2010 because they weren't active enough. This is Power Rankings, not Best of 2010 Rankings.
Colonel jpeter15

Postby skillfull on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:43 pm

I know that it may sounds strange, but we are not feel happy by getting the 4th place on the power ranking(we ranked 2nd last year, so we fell two ranks this year).
I also know that we might not deserve this considering we didnt fight during 2010 ( we lost 3 member at Dec 2010 not at the middle of the year) but i guess we are very famous so we got this rank.
Brigadier skillfull

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks for the great work Chuck (et. al.). It is a very interesting exercise and valuable think I.

Cheers.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:00 am

MarshalNey wrote:
Yeah, it was a surprise to me too considering our performance in the Cup, and that we were literally as close as you could come to taking Mythology's spot in the playoffs without actually beating them, but then again perhaps some voters didn't notice what happened in the Cup- our standard deviation is the 5th highest, which makes me think that those who participated/followed the Cup ranked us higher, and those who didn't ranked us based off of our Challenges alone (although we still beat AOD, albeit by a narrow margin as always ;) )

Clan League, I'm not sure you participated in the first cup ;)
Put in another solid performance vs us (without winning ;)) and I'm sure you'll jump considerably by the next ladder
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby MarshalNey on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:32 am

Whoops, thinking to the future, had that on my brain. Yes, League is what I meant :)
Captain MarshalNey

Postby jalen45 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:58 am

skillfull wrote:

I know that it may sounds strange, but we are not feel happy by getting the 4th place on the power ranking(we ranked 2nd last year, so we fell two ranks this year).
I also know that we might not deserve this considering we didnt fight during 2010 ( we lost 3 member at Dec 2010 not at the middle of the year) but i guess we are very famous so we got this rank.

i'd like to add that we lost to thota in a clan war by a single game, and it easily could have went the other way. id also like to note that we have a decent shot of taking down TOFU in the CLA playoffs as well. with those 2 said, in addition to losing some top players, i think top 4 is a perfect spot for TSM. just my opinion...
Colonel jalen45

Postby firstholliday on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:04 am

don't worry skill, your still my number 1 :P
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby firstholliday on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:06 am

jalen45 wrote:
skillfull wrote:

i'd like to add that we lost to thota in a clan war by a single game, and it easily could have went the other way. id also like to note that we have a decent shot of taking down TOFU in the CLA playoffs as well. with those 2 said, in addition to losing some top players, i think top 4 is a perfect spot for TSM. just my opinion...

have a look at the decider
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:32 am

Eyestone wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:

oh definitely...still a great clan with some great players...just saying apart from this tofu cla final..which lets be honest is just 18 games.
No one has really seen what impact this will have...if they can still stay at that top tier with thota etc.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Eyestone on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:37 am

Wasn't that exactly what I said? :roll:
General Eyestone

Postby jalen45 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:44 am

a rank is a rank i guess, thats only what it is. its what happens on the field that matters. SF giants were "ranked" the 6th best team in MLB last year and won the world series. The packers were "ranked" 6th seed in the NFC and won the super bowl. we will take our number 4 rank and still be up for any challenge, and give any clan a run for its money. we were supposed to have a challenge against empire earlier this year, maybe we can start talking about that again.
Colonel jalen45

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:31 am

lord voldemort wrote:
Eyestone wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:

oh definitely...still a great clan with some great players...just saying apart from this tofu cla final..which lets be honest is just 18 games.
No one has really seen what impact this will have...if they can still stay at that top tier with thota etc.

Then how do you explain our ranking? We are, as of yet, the clan to come closest to toppling thota, the current undisputed kings. (tho obviously dependent on how the cup final pans out) So why a drop that can only be based on cla performance with just 18 game weeks?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby danryan on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:37 am

Leehar wrote:
Then how do you explain our ranking? We are, as of yet, the clan to come closest to toppling thota, the current undisputed kings. (tho obviously dependent on how the cup final pans out) So why a drop that can only be based on cla performance with just 18 game weeks?

Actually pretty easy to come up with reasonable explanations for rankings. You guys lost Hardattack, freakns, and most recently, pmchugh; all very good players. Some people look at clan rosters as well as results to figure out "power" rankings as opposed to retrospective looks at results. Of course you can point to victories over FOED and a 1 pt loss to THOTA to balance the CLA performance so on the edge of the top 10 seems pretty reasonable to me.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby maasman on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 pm

We lose players all the time, and still find ways to win. Freak may be coming back for a little bit for all I know.
I'll find a way to pull some tricks out my sleeve ;)
Colonel maasman

Postby aaronvollrath on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:14 am

Do you need the address of TFFS so that we can get our award for having the largest standard deviation?
Major aaronvollrath

Postby jigger1986 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:56 am

aaronvollrath wrote:Do you need the address of TFFS so that we can get our award for having the largest standard deviation?

You got the largest deviation bc you are newer and dont put yourself in the spotlight like alot of the new clans do. (they wont be mentioned)
Know one really knows who/what TFFS is, and that can be good and bad. Good bc ppl wont think twice taking on a challenge, bad bc you are ranked about 7 spots too low.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:06 am

aaronvollrath wrote:Do you need the address of TFFS so that we can get our award for having the largest standard deviation?

I honestly think the large deviation means good things for you all. It means most people don't know who you are so they voted you low, but the ones who have paid attention and watched your roster and watched you play voted you higher knowing that you all are talented.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Leehar on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 am

I realize now why I was so amazed at ID being that high.
No offence to them, but I thought that since they've lost both wars they've played since July (against Bofm and Empire respectively), I really can't see any reason for them to have risen :-s
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby aaronvollrath on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:41 am

jigger1986 wrote:Know one really knows who/what TFFS is

that is because there are rules against having certain images for an avatar. our current mascot, vicmasters, is the closest thing we could put up w/o getting flagged. that said, he is more of an a-hole, but i guess that is close enough.
Major aaronvollrath

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives