Conquer Club

who can we beat/compete with?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: who can we beat/compete with?

Postby Caymanmew on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:30 pm

BoganGod wrote:
caymanmew wrote:
BoganGod wrote:Might I suggest not picking on project firestorm or momenti mori. Both of which have a pretty solid roster, and have players that have played together for a long time/and or experienced team players, clan leaders. The Last Warriors weren't the easy beats that some might think. The Brethren of the Fat Mermaids clan war against them could have been a lot closer, we got lucky with dice, drop, and a few missed turns by the opposition.

Might I suggest getting everyone in your clan playing together, in public games, tournaments, maybe start a little in clan roster so everyone gets to play with everyone else in all team disciplines. That way you will find out who your stronger quad players, dbs players are etc. Also gives you all a chance to work on your communication skills. Also maybe set up a clan list/roster of account sitters. One of the avoidable mistakes new clans make frequently is missed turns in clan wars. In the last 3clan wars, there have been about 5games that the pirates should not have won, but we scraped through, thanks to missed turns and poor communication on the opposing sides.

we are playing public game...you should know you kicked our asses 2 time

rofl, you helped a few pirates get unique defeats towards freestyle gold, thankyou..... You might note that freestyle generally isn't included in clan wars..... So maybe choose smarter settings :)

i get what i want ;)
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby BoganGod on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:36 am

Good to see that working for ya mate.... :lol: Trying to be helpful. I wouldn't play freestyle for clan wars. To much of a mission getting 4people from different countries online at the same time. Then again I'm no freestyle farming king, so maybe there is a easy way to do freestyle quads for clan wars.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby RiskTycoon on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:55 am

i don't think i've ever heard of any clan playing freestyle in any challenge :?: :?
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby Gold Knight on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:05 am

RiskTycoon wrote:i don't think i've ever heard of any clan playing freestyle in any challenge :?: :?

Its definately happened before, but its something that both clans would need to agree upon and i believe most clans realize the loopholes and distinct advantages that come with freestyle games.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby jpcloet on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:27 am

I've seen about 5 FS games in about 4000 games. Happens but rare.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:39 am

jpcloet wrote:I've seen about 5 FS games in about 4000 games. Happens but rare.

:) well i will make it so for my wars
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby VampireM on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:58 am

there is what u need right there, find a clan that will allow freestyle, that will limit ur number of clans down really quickly... at ur stage in the game i dont think any clan is to low for u.. pick anyone that will accept a challenge, then go for it
Colonel VampireM

Postby trapyoung on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:56 am

VampireM wrote:there is what u need right there, find a clan that will allow freestyle, that will limit ur number of clans down really quickly... at ur stage in the game i dont think any clan is to low for u.. pick anyone that will accept a challenge, then go for it

i agree with vamp. what you said about not enjoying kicking loser's asses is frankly ridiculous. you say you're looking for someone respected but beatable, i'm not sure there is a clan that would fall into that group because to lose to a clan that just formed, does nearly exclusively freestyle and has not played often together would not be respectable. anyone willing to go to a clan war with you should be your target especially because in 40-60 game series, if you lay a serious beat down, 48-12 (etc.), people will take notice.
Colonel trapyoung

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 pm

And be warned, you're drastically going to have to downgrade your expectations on the amount of freestyle games played.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 pm

we dont play that many freestyle we only have 3 of us who even play it as a team
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Oh, you seemed to making a rather large deal about itā€¦
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:18 pm

The One Man Clan is always accepting challenges.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Lubawski on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:36 pm

RiskTycoon wrote:I think L4D would be a good challenge for you ... they would have just a little edge on you and give you a good work out so your clan can grow and get strong. it's ok to aim high :!:

just my 2 cents :)

I agree. Good call RT

Edit: If you are looking to include freestyle, you might as well disband now. You will not find a clan willing to play it. There may be a couple isolated individuals willing from clans, but a clan as a whole will not agree to it.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Lubawski wrote:
RiskTycoon wrote:I think L4D would be a good challenge for you ... they would have just a little edge on you and give you a good work out so your clan can grow and get strong. it's ok to aim high :!:

just my 2 cents :)

I agree. Good call RT

Edit: If you are looking to include freestyle, you might as well disband now. You will not find a clan willing to play it. There may be a couple isolated individuals willing from clans, but a clan as a whole will not agree to it.

my clan as a whole would say no i just am a freestyle fan myself
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby shocked439 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Instead of picking out the perfect clan to bust into the scene against why not try contacting the 5 or 6 (might be more not important, point is made) clans actively seeking a challenge. If you are scared to do a full blown challenge see if they will do a 6 or 12 match parlay. You'll get a great idea of where you stand as a clan and gain some quick experience. You could easily set it up as 2 home games a piece in each of the doubs, trips, and quads and be at a 12 game shindig. If it goes real bad you're not at a huge loss it'll be over soon and if goes real good you can challenge whatever respect building clan you want with a little confidence. Just an idea for you.
Sergeant shocked439

Postby BoganGod on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:14 am

shocked439 wrote:Instead of picking out the perfect clan to bust into the scene against why not try contacting the 5 or 6 (might be more not important, point is made) clans actively seeking a challenge. If you are scared to do a full blown challenge see if they will do a 6 or 12 match parlay. You'll get a great idea of where you stand as a clan and gain some quick experience. You could easily set it up as 2 home games a piece in each of the doubs, trips, and quads and be at a 12 game shindig. If it goes real bad you're not at a huge loss it'll be over soon and if goes real good you can challenge whatever respect building clan you want with a little confidence. Just an idea for you.

Very good idea mate, that way caymanmew and his clan, can get a feel for the differences between clan wars and casual games, and don't run as much of a chance of getting beat up to badly and getting downhearted.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Caymanmew on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:36 pm

well i got me into a war gl us
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:45 pm

caymanmew wrote:well i got me into a war gl us

against who
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby Caymanmew on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:48 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:

against who

keep an eye on the active challenges area it should be put up within a couple of days
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Dai_atan on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:58 pm

if you want to vs a quads, trips or dubs team from a real clan throw me a PM xD
Dai_Atan
Proud Retired MoC
and now Active (like yeast in warm water!) Member of The Legion
Captain Dai_atan

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:13 pm

caymanmew wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:

against who

keep an eye on the active challenges area it should be put up within a couple of days

thank you cayman I figured that, I was just wondering now. If it's really important to you to keep it secret, fine, though I see no harm

Postby Caymanmew on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:28 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
caymanmew wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:

against who

thank you cayman I figured that, I was just wondering now. If it's really important to you to keep it secret, fine, though I see no harm

not inportent in any way just dont feel like saying ;)
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 pm

lmao, you join my usergroup to flame me and the other members, you get destroyed and kicked out; now you think you're getting me back by not telling who you're playing against, I feel like I'm back in kindergarten :lol:

Postby Caymanmew on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:18 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:lmao, you join my usergroup to flame me and the other members, you get destroyed and kicked out; now you think you're getting me back by not telling who you're playing against, I feel like I'm back in kindergarten :lol:

:roll: :lol:

i joined to talked about truces i did not flame you guys and i asked to be kicked

and that not why i am not tell you
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby jpcloet on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:13 am

Sounds like you found your war. GL to both clans whoever they may be.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Previous

Return to Clan Archives