cla

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: cla

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you talk with your clan's CLA rep about your issues and have them bring it up in the appropriate forum.

And just so you know, your clan voted to allow sitters to sign up for clan games while the clans that have had abuse accusations (which you ridiculously called out as a conflict of interest) voted to not allow it.

So... it seems as though your problem is with how your clan views abuse.
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby eddie2 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:08 am

jpcloet wrote:Eddie is clearly passionate about this. However the approach is all wrong. Eddie, if you are willing to do the work and show some sort of legitimate stats and or patterns of sitting, then you can talk to King Achilles about the issues.

thanks jp i will do (but all king a needs to do is look at one of our reicent challenges). and bones i was on a forum ban if you remember just came off it so i am having a discussion with our cla rep about his vote. at present i can only think there was a misunderstanding of what was actually being asked. but i do remember our discussion evolving around sitters cheating (in the cla last december) where every clans persona was sitting abuse is a job for c and a mods and clan directors. so cla should not be deciding if this is cheating or not.
Sergeant eddie2

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:55 am

eddie2 wrote:sitting abuse is a job for c and a mods and clan directors. so cla should not be deciding if this is cheating or not.

You're missing the point. The C&A team has brought this to the CLA for our opinion on an exception that the C&A team has made that allows this to happen. To me, it makes perfect sense for the clan community to get a C&A rule changed that only affects the clan community, if we so wish.

Remember, it was the C&A team who asked for our opinions. They don't need our input at all to make a change, but I appreciate them wanting to get our insight before doing anything.
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby shaneback on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Just to be clear, we are discussing changing sitting rules to not allow sitters to join Clan Challenge Games.

EDIT FOR CLARITY*** What is currently being discussed is to disallow sitters from JOINING games, Sitters will still be able to take turns, just not join games.

We are not trying to decide what is cheating

Any further questions shoot me a PM.

Thanks

Shane
Click image to enlarge.
Major shaneback

Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (13)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Clan Archives