lets talk then vote.

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

lets talk then vote.

Postby eddie2 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:48 pm

after the issue with the pack i think a general chat is needed about what other clans think these are my thoughts.

i think the present format is a little bit 1 sided as only war winners get punished. the rule at present can be used even if you do not break site rules. if a mod thinks you have crossed a line they can refuse medals. i feel this should be changed and instead of refusal of medal maybe issue a clan war participation ban escalating like forum and site bans. maybe something like.

1st offense =warning (clean sheet after 3 months good standing)
2nd offense = 1 month war ban. (6 months for clean sheet)
3rd offense = 2 month war ban. (9 months for clean sheet.)

then a continued equal amount of 2 months. what do you guys think.


ps lets keep this clean and try move forward.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby IcePack on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Yeah, otherwise if your losing (and have no shot @ any medals) you can just create havoc and not break site rules but egg the other clans on Til they've lost their medals (or some of them).

I don't know what the solution would be but as it is the rule is flawed.
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Image

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
User avatar
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby jordy2425 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Great idea eddie =D> =D> , I agree completely. In almost anything there is always a 3 step program.
That is unless the offence is severe enough to warrant imediate actions. Which should also be announced.
User avatar
Major jordy2425
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (13)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby eddie2 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:43 pm

IcePack wrote:Yeah, otherwise if your losing (and have no shot @ any medals) you can just create havoc and not break site rules but egg the other clans on Til they've lost their medals (or some of them).

I don't know what the solution would be but as it is the rule is flawed.



this is a good point with the way it stands.

ps dont know why im saying this because ill prob be the first to get banned :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:57 am

if a mod thinks you have crossed a line of what you have posted then they have the site rules to go by...if they havent broken the rules then its fine.

There is no need to confuse this whole mess.
if you are baiting a clan into a response then that is covered in the community guidelines...if you are flaming and abusing them...then that is also covered...Its not difficult to understand
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9662
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby jefjef on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:09 am

lord voldemort wrote:if a mod thinks you have crossed a line of what you have posted then they have the site rules to go by...if they havent broken the rules then its fine.

There is no need to confuse this whole mess.
if you are baiting a clan into a response then that is covered in the community guidelines...if you are flaming and abusing them...then that is also covered...Its not difficult to understand


Exactly. If site rules are broken then whatever warnings due are issued. The loss of medal is additional incentive to not violate rules.

btw Ice: Creating havoc = baits, flames and trolling - all of which are rules violations.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby lynch5762 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:22 am

jefjef wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:if a mod thinks you have crossed a line of what you have posted then they have the site rules to go by...if they havent broken the rules then its fine.

There is no need to confuse this whole mess.
if you are baiting a clan into a response then that is covered in the community guidelines...if you are flaming and abusing them...then that is also covered...Its not difficult to understand


Exactly. If site rules are broken then whatever warnings due are issued. The loss of medal is additional incentive to not violate rules.

btw Ice: Creating havoc = baits, flames and trolling - all of which are rules violations.


oh boy... I guess this is round 2...

First of all.. It seems that so many are missing the point yet so many others are getting it. For example... (LV's quote "if a mod thinks you have a crossed a line....")

well there are two problems with that;
(1) --- what if the mod is wrong????
(2) --- how do you discipline the person or party that is out of line if they are losing the war (in other words for those that don't get it..... you cannot take or keep a medal from them??)

I agree with both of the last two posts that this is a simple problem, however, I also think that both of the last two posts are seriously missing the point!!
Image
User avatar
Major lynch5762
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:13 pm
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (14)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby jefjef on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:29 am

lynch5762 wrote:
jefjef wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:if a mod thinks you have crossed a line of what you have posted then they have the site rules to go by...if they havent broken the rules then its fine.

There is no need to confuse this whole mess.
if you are baiting a clan into a response then that is covered in the community guidelines...if you are flaming and abusing them...then that is also covered...Its not difficult to understand


Exactly. If site rules are broken then whatever warnings due are issued. The loss of medal is additional incentive to not violate rules.

btw Ice: Creating havoc = baits, flames and trolling - all of which are rules violations.


oh boy... I guess this is round 2...

First of all.. It seems that so many are missing the point yet so many others are getting it. For example... (LV's quote "if a mod thinks you have a crossed a line....")

well there are two problems with that;
(1) --- what if the mod is wrong????
(2) --- how do you discipline the person or party that is out of line if they are losing the war (in other words for those that don't get it..... you cannot take or keep a medal from them??)

I agree with both of the last two posts that this is a simple problem, however, I also think that both of the last two posts are seriously missing the point!!


Oh boy.

It's simple.

Violate the rules - get warnings and bans. Win or Lose.

As for additional punishments war privs can also subject to loss.

BTW. Very few people feel the mod was wrong and he wasn't alone in the disciplinary actions taken. Anytime you feel you have been wronged you may file an E-Ticket and discuss with admin.

But all this is mute. Your opponents in that war didn't cross 35 pages of lines.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:30 am

The mod is not wrong...if you truly think that, then you take it to admin...otherwise what they says goes...If you still don't like it then suck it up. They are doing what they can by volunteering their time. The least we could all do is not be jerks
if the clan is losing and they are getting out of hand (in the confines of the community guidelines) then you warn them, ban them etc etc..
i was a mod for over a year its not hard.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9662
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby lynch5762 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:48 am

jefjef wrote:
lynch5762 wrote:
jefjef wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:if a mod thinks you have crossed a line of what you have posted then they have the site rules to go by...if they havent broken the rules then its fine.

There is no need to confuse this whole mess.
if you are baiting a clan into a response then that is covered in the community guidelines...if you are flaming and abusing them...then that is also covered...Its not difficult to understand


Exactly. If site rules are broken then whatever warnings due are issued. The loss of medal is additional incentive to not violate rules.

btw Ice: Creating havoc = baits, flames and trolling - all of which are rules violations.


oh boy... I guess this is round 2...

First of all.. It seems that so many are missing the point yet so many others are getting it. For example... (LV's quote "if a mod thinks you have a crossed a line....")

well there are two problems with that;
(1) --- what if the mod is wrong????
(2) --- how do you discipline the person or party that is out of line if they are losing the war (in other words for those that don't get it..... you cannot take or keep a medal from them??)

I agree with both of the last two posts that this is a simple problem, however, I also think that both of the last two posts are seriously missing the point!!


Oh boy.

It's simple.

Violate the rules - get warnings and bans. Win or Lose. (no problem... we received warnings and stopped... again this is not the issue though as we accept our punishment... I just think that many are concerned about the precedent that has been set)

As for additional punishments war privs can also subject to loss. (great... can you give me an example as to when this has been in forced?)

BTW. Very few people feel the mod was wrong and he wasn't alone in the disciplinary actions taken. Anytime you feel you have been wronged you may file an E-Ticket and discuss with admin. (Note; this is not a public opinion poll on whether or not the mod was wrong.... rather a query as to whether some further clarification should be required that is all)

But all this is mute. Your opponents in that war didn't cross 35 pages of lines.
(and neither did we alone! many others contributed to that thread outside of our clan)
Image
User avatar
Major lynch5762
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:13 pm
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (14)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby tec805 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:17 am

jefjef wrote:But all this is mute.


If it was mute we wouldn't have to listen to it. But your opinion is rather moot as far as most people are concerned.

See what I did there? ;)

P.S. The last thread about this was archived and locked, so don't expect much to happen here before it disappears.
Image
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
User avatar
General tec805
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:55 am
Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby eddie2 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:34 am

lord v and jefjef have you even read the rule as it stands let me quote the part that brings concern into this.

War Thread Behaviour

In order to curb some poor behaviour in the war threads,
players will be denied medals if their behaviour is deemed to be disruptive or inappropriate, even if it does not meet the site wide policy for a forum infraction.
In the past, we’ve locked war threads due to the behaviour of a single individual, thus inherently punishing both clans. In order to be consistent, this will only be applied by the Clan Dept Head (most often these issues are raised by the CD team).


now you 2 are making comments stating if you break a site rule you can be refused a medal. but this rule also states if you don't break a site rule you could also not recieve a medal. people can wind other people up within site rules. but if they are the losing clan they will not recieve any punishment for this. so this rule needs to be corrected.

ps plz dont change this thread into a how the pack misbehaved that is being dealt with else where. this thread is so we can disguss the rule as a general.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:26 am

eddie2 have some interesting idea, but i think that maybe something like in footbal punishment can create.
For example,if player get red card in Final of World Cup,he will again get medal, he will not be stripped of medal, because he get red card in game.
Here you can also implement these punishment, and then player from bouth side(winner or luser) can be punished.
1 offense-miss next chalenge
2 offense in row-miss next two chalenge.
Ofcourse he will not be punished in chalenge what he play, he will get medal,but then will be activated punishment and he will be on ice next chalenge.
These is same for loser.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9175
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:31 am

disruptive and inappropriate is against the site rules...if the mods showed some balls and actually punished some people instead of trying to be friends with everyone. Just draw the line...make it clear. If anyone steps over it, then they are punished...if they don't...then there is nothing they can do about it. It is really not that difficult...There is no need for a committee to discuss this issue.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9662
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: lets talk then vote.

Postby jghost7 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:11 am

Yep, the losing clan and non-participating posters don't have any form of sanction published at the moment for crossing the indiscernible line that is not the site rule but somehow remains undefined.

I think that one should be allowed 1 warning per war thread in threads that the player is a participant. If the player then receives a further violation after the warning, then apply the sanction.

I think that a warning given in a non-participating thread should be held for somewhere around 3-4 weeks and be held for all threads that are non-participatory.

Either way, further defining the rule should be done regardless of the upgrade to the sanctioning policy.

As it was stated earlier, this is dealing with the 'War thread behavior' rule, and this rule deals with posts that don't have to break site rules but are still deemed to be violations. If it were violating site rules only, then this discussion would not be taking place. Currently, it is at the discretion of the CD's and the Clan Dept. Head whether or not someone crosses the near invisible line that breaks the rule.

I hope that this rule does get the attention it needs and is able to be upgraded and amended so that it would be fairer to everyone involved.

thanks,

J



lord voldemort wrote:disruptive and inappropriate is against the site rules...if the mods showed some balls and actually punished some people instead of trying to be friends with everyone. Just draw the line...make it clear. If anyone steps over it, then they are punished...if they don't...then there is nothing they can do about it. It is really not that difficult...There is no need for a committee to discuss this issue.

Once again, if it were 'just' site rules, then it would not be here being discussed. But as it was pointed out before...:
eddie2 wrote:lord v and jefjef have you even read the rule as it stands let me quote the part that brings concern into this.

War Thread Behaviour

In order to curb some poor behaviour in the war threads,
players will be denied medals if their behaviour is deemed to be disruptive or inappropriate, even if it does not meet the site wide policy for a forum infraction.
In the past, we’ve locked war threads due to the behaviour of a single individual, thus inherently punishing both clans. In order to be consistent, this will only be applied by the Clan Dept Head (most often these issues are raised by the CD team).


now you 2 are making comments stating if you break a site rule you can be refused a medal. but this rule also states if you don't break a site rule you could also not recieve a medal. people can wind other people up within site rules. but if they are the losing clan they will not recieve any punishment for this. so this rule needs to be corrected.

ps plz dont change this thread into a how the pack misbehaved that is being dealt with else where. this thread is so we can disguss the rule as a general.
Image
User avatar
Major jghost7
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 am
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Next

Return to Clan Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Login