The International Clan League (ICL)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:26 am

While I think this is looking better, how long total time will this take? 84 sets? Even at 3 sets a week or 15 games that leaves you with 28 weeks which is half a year before play offs hit and that is not counting for any slow downs. 14 slots to fill for 5 games? 2 doubles 2 triples and 1 quad. So you will need 42 players a week, which for a clan who uses 15 players is about 3 games a week. The game load does not seem to heavy but the work load on war ministers and the host seems like a lot. As the Head Clan Mod, I hope you can keep this going, if you start it.

I assume this would take nearly 35 to 40 weeks to complete. Maybe 9 months? Lets see what comes of this.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Major Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9562
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures
Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby rubenschtorm on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 am

i have lodged my opposition with my clan for 2 reasons only.firstly, if its a league there is no need for a play off.in a league everyone plays everyone and who ever is top when thats done is the winner.simple. there are no tv rights so no need for these insane playoffs.secondly ,and more importantly, no promotion or relegation means that whichever clan is rated in the bottom leagues there is no incentive to improve, being told you are rubbish and will always be rubbish is no good. it will make recruitment to those clans less attractive,and conversely those at the top of the tree could lose every round of every match and still be regarded as a top clan. no promotion and relegation is not a part of many professional sports except in the US.it creates monopolies.why should (as i did)anyone join a new/inexperienced clan if entry into the league structure is not even possible?or improved kudos and reputation for those in it and nothing to lose for those at the top? it is anti-competetive.
a small amendment would swing my vote.
User avatar
Private rubenschtorm
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am
Location: scotland
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Bruceswar wrote:While I think this is looking better, how long total time will this take? 84 sets? Even at 3 sets a week or 15 games that leaves you with 28 weeks which is half a year before play offs hit and that is not counting for any slow downs. 14 slots to fill for 5 games? 2 doubles 2 triples and 1 quad. So you will need 42 players a week, which for a clan who uses 15 players is about 3 games a week. The game load does not seem to heavy but the work load on war ministers and the host seems like a lot. As the Head Clan Mod, I hope you can keep this going, if you start it.

I assume this would take nearly 35 to 40 weeks to complete. Maybe 9 months? Lets see what comes of this.

I don't think you've looked at the specifics. They are already planning on a 4 month regular season, plus time to finish the games, so maybe 5 months.

And the talk about the sets has been 3 game sets (1 double, 1 triple, 1 quad). I really, really doubt that it would take 9 months.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Bruceswar wrote:While I think this is looking better, how long total time will this take? 84 sets? Even at 3 sets a week or 15 games that leaves you with 28 weeks which is half a year before play offs hit and that is not counting for any slow downs. 14 slots to fill for 5 games? 2 doubles 2 triples and 1 quad. So you will need 42 players a week, which for a clan who uses 15 players is about 3 games a week. The game load does not seem to heavy but the work load on war ministers and the host seems like a lot. As the Head Clan Mod, I hope you can keep this going, if you start it.

I assume this would take nearly 35 to 40 weeks to complete. Maybe 9 months? Lets see what comes of this.

Regular season is proposed to be 4 months: 21 sets/mo (~5 sets/week = 15 games/week). Each set was best of 5 in the original proposal (1Q, 1T, 2D, & 1 1v1 tiebreaker, only if necessary... for 11-12 slots per set). This has since been downgraded to a best of 3 (1Q, 1T, 1D) with 9 slots per set. That equates to 189 slots per month or ~12-13 games per player per month for a team of 15, which doesn't sound unreasonable.

The work load could easily get a bit busy for war ministers, depending on their approach. But as long as schedules are known in advance and there are definitive procedures for handling missed game submissions (e.g., home games all randomized) it shouldn't be overwhelming.

Planning for 36 clans in the inaugural year seems a bit ambitious. I'd plan for 30: 3 divisions of 5 in each of two conferences. You can easily expand (or reduce) from that target as necessary but I'm sceptical that 36 clans would join in the first year considering the CLA-sponsored clan league only has 39 entrants in its 4th season.

I'm definitely in favor of the playoff aspect of it. Though, I'd prefer that fewer teams make the playoffs: 16 out of 36 is a bit much. I'd prefer cutting that number in half. So far, the proposed league most closely resembles MLB and I'd prefer the playoff format continue with that trend: 3 divisional winners + 1 wild card in each conference. I'd have either a best of 5- or 7-set series for the first round with best of 7-set series for the Conference Championships and the ICL Final.
Image
User avatar
Colonel MudPuppy
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (8) General Contribution (1)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 pm

MudPuppy wrote:I'm definitely in favor of the playoff aspect of it. Though, I'd prefer that fewer teams make the playoffs: 16 out of 36 is a bit much. I'd prefer cutting that number in half. So far, the proposed league most closely resembles MLB and I'd prefer the playoff format continue with that trend: 3 divisional winners + 1 wild card in each conference. I'd have either a best of 5- or 7-set series for the first round with best of 7-set series for the Conference Championships and the ICL Final.

I like this.

As far as the number of teamsclans in the league, I would just take sign ups and see how many you get. I would make 30 the max. And go with at least 12 (which I think you've already surpassed).
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 am

Thanks to everyone who has shown support and has semi-committed to participating. I updated the front page to reflect this.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:34 am

To address other concerns. Not sure where to start. As for number of teams or participants, as mentioned, I based the number off the F400 rankings and arbitrarily stuck with that number. Since everything is based off 36 participants, I'm going to stick with that number for now as that is the goal, however unreasonable that may seem. When things start getting more finalized, I will update it. For now, just gauging overall interest and trying to ballpark the number or entrants. As of now we have 12 clans semi-committed, with more still considering. I got 12 in a week and only need 24 to meet my goal of 36 and I'm hoping to hit that number. All it will take is for another 12 to express interest and I think from there the rest will fill in. I'm being optimistic though.

As for my lack of experience, I'm confident this will not be a problem as mentioned, I've been offered help from some very experienced tourney pros who will be in charge of the organization and running the League. So, this shouldn't be an issue or concern.

Regular season is proposed to be 4 months: 21 sets/mo (~5 sets/week = 15 games/week). Each set was best of 5 in the original proposal (1Q, 1T, 2D, & 1 1v1 tiebreaker, only if necessary... for 11-12 slots per set). This has since been downgraded to a best of 3 (1Q, 1T, 1D) with 9 slots per set. That equates to 189 slots per month or ~12-13 games per player per month for a team of 15, which doesn't sound unreasonable.

The work load could easily get a bit busy for war ministers, depending on their approach. But as long as schedules are known in advance and there are definitive procedures for handling missed game submissions (e.g., home games all randomized) it shouldn't be overwhelming.


I don't think you've looked at the specifics. They are already planning on a 4 month regular season, plus time to finish the games, so maybe 5 months.

And the talk about the sets has been 3 game sets (1 double, 1 triple, 1 quad). I really, really doubt that it would take 9 months.


Also, I'm happy with the number of games and how they are implemented. That's what makes this different from other leagues. Both Chapcrap and Mudpuppy already articulated the same points I would have.
Last edited by MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:49 am

rubenschtorm wrote:i have lodged my opposition with my clan for 2 reasons only. firstly, if its a league there is no need for a play off.in a league everyone plays everyone and who ever is top when thats done is the winner.simple. there are no tv rights so no need for these insane playoffs.secondly ,and more importantly, no promotion or relegation means that whichever clan is rated in the bottom leagues there is no incentive to improve, being told you are rubbish and will always be rubbish is no good. it will make recruitment to those clans less attractive,and conversely those at the top of the tree could lose every round of every match and still be regarded as a top clan. no promotion and relegation is not a part of many professional sports except in the US.it creates monopolies.why should (as i did)anyone join a new/inexperienced clan if entry into the league structure is not even possible?or improved kudos and reputation for those in it and nothing to lose for those at the top? it is anti-competetive.
a small amendment would swing my vote.


I disagree, a playoff is necessary. That is the what the season up to and what you are playing for. Having many divisions and 2 conferences means that at the end of the season, there needs to be a way of determining who is the Champion. If teams in different divisions are tied, how would you go about declaring a winner?

I don't see how the lack of incentive to improve or how this issue would be any different from any other league or tournament. Wouldn't the same recruitment issues still exist? I don't see how this anti-competitve. Performing well in the season should drive competition. Especially if the race for the playoffs spots are close. That makes every game count, plus you have divisional opponents which should drive competition up even more, and create rivalries. that should make for some intense competition. Also, there are quite a number of playoff spots which should mean that lesser clans have a shot at making playoffs and knocking out top clans. Another point you bring up is that if top clans don't perform well it won't matter because they will still be considered a top clan. I would argue that if a top clan performs poorly in this, it would make recruitment less desirable compared to a clan that showed well and is improving. Once again, not sure how this is any different from what is currently going on in other leagues and tournaments. If anything, due to the smaller game sizes, this should give smaller or lesser clans a chance to compete as you don't have to try and fill rosters for a whole clan war, but only a few games, giving you the option to improve your match-ups.

I hear your complaints, but don't see you offering any solutions. What would you do solve these issues? One idea I have would be to create a free agency pool and waiver wire for individuals not in clans but looking to participate in the ICL. Individuals not currently in a clan could opt to join the free agency pool from which Clans participating could put in a claim. After a claim is put in for a player, all other clans would have 1 week to make a claim against, the team highest on the waiver wire would get rights to claim that player. Teams with worse records would have first dibs. This makes things more complex, but is a possible solution if enough concern is addressed and this becomes and issue.

I will be going over everything with IcePack, hopefully tomorrow and things should start becoming more clear. Thanks again for all the feedback and interest. Keep it coming.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby skillfusniper33 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:07 am

MNDuke wrote:I hear your complaints, but don't see you offering any solutions. What would you do solve these issues? One idea I have would be to create a free agency pool and waiver wire for individuals not in clans but looking to participate in the ICL. Individuals not currently in a clan could opt to join the free agency pool from which Clans participating could put in a claim. After a claim is put in for a player, all other clans would have 1 week to make a claim against, the team highest on the waiver wire would get rights to claim that player. Teams with worse records would have first dibs. This makes things more complex, but is a possible solution if enough concern is addressed and this becomes and issue.


I really don't see this being to useful to start anyway, especially with many of the people who are in clan's won't go into the pool, and yes the clan community is growing, but I really don't think their is enough people not in a clan out their to put together a free-agency pool. I guess you could do it with a few members for clans that aren't participating. This also would require a lot more work to get into place.

I know I probably wouldn't use the free-agency pool at all, since I really want it to be about my clan's performance rather than who can I bring in to help with this 1 series of 3 games. I would also trust my guy's to perform better together than with some other person to come in and help out, even if they are a specialist on the map.
Image
Place: 267 Score: 2630
User avatar
Major skillfusniper33
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Arizona
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (3)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 am

skillfusniper33 wrote:
MNDuke wrote:I hear your complaints, but don't see you offering any solutions. What would you do solve these issues? One idea I have would be to create a free agency pool and waiver wire for individuals not in clans but looking to participate in the ICL. Individuals not currently in a clan could opt to join the free agency pool from which Clans participating could put in a claim. After a claim is put in for a player, all other clans would have 1 week to make a claim against, the team highest on the waiver wire would get rights to claim that player. Teams with worse records would have first dibs. This makes things more complex, but is a possible solution if enough concern is addressed and this becomes and issue.


I really don't see this being to useful to start anyway, especially with many of the people who are in clan's won't go into the pool, and yes the clan community is growing, but I really don't think their is enough people not in a clan out their to put together a free-agency pool. I guess you could do it with a few members for clans that aren't participating. This also would require a lot more work to get into place.

I know I probably wouldn't use the free-agency pool at all, since I really want it to be about my clan's performance rather than who can I bring in to help with this 1 series of 3 games. I would also trust my guy's to perform better together than with some other person to come in and help out, even if they are a specialist on the map.


I agree completely. I'm really not in favor of this idea but was merely offering up a solution if it is indeed a concern keeping teams from joining.

A better option might be a thread where people not in clans but interested in participating in the league could post. From there, clans looking for players could find them there, contact, and add them to their roster. All this could be done outside of the league and wouldn't require and additional time, supervision or extra work on the part of the TO's.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby rubenschtorm on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:34 am

solution i did offer.have your 6 divisions,each clan plays each other.each win earns 1 point,and if it was 2-1(in a 3 set)then 1 extra point,or 3 extra if it was 3-0, and the same if a 5 set ,5-0 would earn 6 points(1 for the overall victory and 5 for the 5-0 scoreline.)End of season top 2 teams get promoted, bottom 2 relegated.bottom clan in div 6 drops out and another from a waiting list gets randomly added to div 6,or voted in.not much chance of a tie,if there is it goes down to who won their particular confrontation.
this means that clans can climb the leagues or fall down them,not being given an automatic right to claim to be a top clan but having to earn the status.there are many competitors who are up for the challenge of joining a lower league team/clan to try and beat the odds and improve ,earning top flight status by working hard to win their division and steadily earn the status they strive for.would David Bekham have joined a club that were forbidden by the structure from becoming champions? i dont think so.
others would consider their futures in clans that had no higher ambition than to play lower league competition.
personally i favour 5 matches per war , 1xs,1xdub,1xtrip,2xquad, using 14 different players so 1 superstar cant do all the work.gives all clan members a chance to participate in the season.
User avatar
Private rubenschtorm
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am
Location: scotland
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:06 am

rubenschtorm wrote:solution i did offer.have your 6 divisions,each clan plays each other.each win earns 1 point,and if it was 2-1(in a 3 set)then 1 extra point,or 3 extra if it was 3-0, and the same if a 5 set ,5-0 would earn 6 points(1 for the overall victory and 5 for the 5-0 scoreline.)End of season top 2 teams get promoted, bottom 2 relegated.bottom clan in div 6 drops out and another from a waiting list gets randomly added to div 6,or voted in.not much chance of a tie,if there is it goes down to who won their particular confrontation.
this means that clans can climb the leagues or fall down them,not being given an automatic right to claim to be a top clan but having to earn the status.there are many competitors who are up for the challenge of joining a lower league team/clan to try and beat the odds and improve ,earning top flight status by working hard to win their division and steadily earn the status they strive for.would David Bekham have joined a club that were forbidden by the structure from becoming champions? i dont think so.
others would consider their futures in clans that had no higher ambition than to play lower league competition.
personally i favour 5 matches per war , 1xs,1xdub,1xtrip,2xquad, using 14 different players so 1 superstar cant do all the work.gives all clan members a chance to participate in the season.


I'm not following what you are trying to say and don't see the need for promotion or having clans climb up or fall down divisions, since your placement in the division has no bearing on who you play during the season. There is no need for this. There is also no need for a point system. To incorporate a point system defeats what I am trying to accomplish and that is to mimic a professional sports league. This isn't Nascar or World Cup. This has nothing to do with clan status. This isn't a ladder tournament or knock it league. It's pretty straightforward. Can you try and articulate your point a little better. I really don't understand what you are trying to say. I am trying to but failing.

In the league I have proposed every chance has the same chance of winning as every other clan. It's all based on performance. If your clan performs better than others you deserve the right to play in the post season and a chance to win it all. 1 Superstar can't do all the work. The game load would be quite high for someone to try that. The way its set up, you will have to use about 20-30 members. Having 1v1 games allows superstars to do all the work. Eliminating that and only having team games ensures that you have to play and win as a team. I understand that this format isn't for everyone. I've been trying the best I can to make compromises, concessions and accommodations that work for all. I feel that I've done a pretty good job of that. But to do what you are talking about is to complete restructure the league and I have no desire to do that. Perhaps you would like to create a league or tournament using your vision.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:44 am

the confusion is because one of you is thinking European with their Merit (re: English Premier League) based leagues that all teams aspire to be promoted to and the other is thinking American with your geographical location of teams competition.

as clans are not geographicaly situated perhaps a modification to the current setup would appease.

after 'x' number of years the clans' performances are ranked and they are seeded so the top 2 clans are on opposite sides, as are 3 & 4, 5 & 6, etc. perhaps the top 8 or 16 get seeded like a tennis tournament.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby cookie0117 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:07 am

SOH are interested and will provisionally sign up. We will make a full commitment when the schedule and game load is finalised. Its all looking god at the moment, especially with the reduction in games per week.
User avatar
Major cookie0117
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:54 am
Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby rubenschtorm on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:13 am

think you have hit spot on there greenoaks :) its the difference between American system and the rest of the worlds way of doing things :roll:
just figured that with my suggestion each season would be completed within 3 or 4 weeks with entire fixture list being played simultaneously(so even if there were 10 clans in each division there would be 9 matches going on , not a high workload)ok forget the singles and add a dubs or trip, gives an extra couple of spots to test squad strength.
if i was clever enough i would certainly like to organise such a thing, but my computer skills are limited, well poor actually, but it would be best to have 1 overall structure rather than seperate rivalling competitions . the league system would allow many clans to compete as it could be structured to accommodate numbers (top 3 divisions 10 clans each,bottom 3 divs with 12 clans each=66 clans, or 10 divisions with 10 clans each=100 clans,or any agreed combination, allowing 1 very easy to understand permanent competition to encompass every clan in cc.
its really not rocket science lol
User avatar
Private rubenschtorm
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am
Location: scotland
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:43 am

rubenschtorm wrote:think you have hit spot on there greenoaks :) its the difference between American system and the rest of the worlds way of doing things :roll:
just figured that with my suggestion each season would be completed within 3 or 4 weeks with entire fixture list being played simultaneously(so even if there were 10 clans in each division there would be 9 matches going on , not a high workload)ok forget the singles and add a dubs or trip, gives an extra couple of spots to test squad strength.
if i was clever enough i would certainly like to organise such a thing, but my computer skills are limited, well poor actually, but it would be best to have 1 overall structure rather than seperate rivalling competitions . the league system would allow many clans to compete as it could be structured to accommodate numbers (top 3 divisions 10 clans each,bottom 3 divs with 12 clans each=66 clans, or 10 divisions with 10 clans each=100 clans,or any agreed combination, allowing 1 very easy to understand permanent competition to encompass every clan in cc.
its really not rocket science lol


No it's not, but it really is completely different from what I had in mind and am trying to do. I want something more akin to a baseball, basketball or hockey season. I think what I have set up is about as close to achieving/representing that format as possible. I appreciate the idea and the effort, but it just changes things too much and is more similar to what's already out there on cc. If you have some ideas that don't drastically alter the landscape, I would love to hear them.

Perhaps this would help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hockey_League
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nba
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby rubenschtorm on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:21 am

the world is obviously ruled by usa and i thought it worth a shot at simplifying things, always knowing id be told where to go lol.
i have one question though, could any of our friends accross the pond please tell me why , when only played in one country , is it called the world series?
User avatar
Private rubenschtorm
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am
Location: scotland
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:39 am

rubenschtorm wrote:the world is obviously ruled by usa and i thought it worth a shot at simplifying things, always knowing id be told where to go lol.
i have one question though, could any of our friends accross the pond please tell me why , when only played in one country , is it called the world series?


Because Toronto is from Canada? lol.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby rubenschtorm on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:18 am

:p smartass
User avatar
Private rubenschtorm
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am
Location: scotland
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:09 pm

rubenschtorm wrote:the world is obviously ruled by usa and i thought it worth a shot at simplifying things, always knowing id be told where to go lol.
i have one question though, could any of our friends accross the pond please tell me why , when only played in one country , is it called the world series?


The world is not ruled by the USA. That's a little offensive, especially considering that CC is a global site and has participants from all the over world. I understand what you are getting at, but the idea is for this to model professional sports in America. Not to mention I am a US citizen, so it shouldn't be much of a stretch for me to want to try something like this and not completely restructure it to represent a European soccer league, when most of the leagues/tourney on CC follow a similar format to what you are talking about. So for me, this isn't a matter of American pride or dominance, but an attempt to try something new/different. I'm not trying to tell you where to go, but trying to explain why your suggestions won't work for what I have been working to accomplish. Seriously dude, not trying to be dick or exercise my American dominance.

As for the whole World Champions thing, that's because the best athletes from around the world come here to compete. So in essence, they are World Champions, just not so much in a geographical sense.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby IcePack on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:17 pm

A promotion league is diff then what's trying to be accomplished here. This is more like the NHL torn wants etc but with clans competing.

Then we will use the results from the season to determine playoff positions etc and the playoffs determine the winner. This is in lieu of using ranking systems etc (F400 or Ladder) to place the clans for playoff type situation.

IcePack
Image
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
User avatar
Captain IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 6103
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 98
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (10)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby rubenschtorm on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:53 pm

woah there MNDuke. there really was no offense meant, maybe with it written not said it came out different. sorry , there has been a misunderstanding.i already caved in and understand that you want it modelled on that which is familiar to you. if it was the :p smartass comment, if that is insulting over there its not here, here it means ok clever clogs good answer i stand corrected, and is said with a smile and a wry nod of the head .
and i think i get your system now btw.means theres still a chance to take out the big guns ;)
as for the world series thing,just something that confounds us over here and never gets answered, like what does a Scotsman wear under his kilt!
peace dude,at least until we meet in battle.
User avatar
Private rubenschtorm
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am
Location: scotland
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 pm

rubenschtorm wrote:woah there MNDuke. there really was no offense meant, maybe with it written not said it came out different. sorry , there has been a misunderstanding.i already caved in and understand that you want it modelled on that which is familiar to you. if it was the :p smartass comment, if that is insulting over there its not here, here it means ok clever clogs good answer i stand corrected, and is said with a smile and a wry nod of the head .
and i think i get your system now btw.means theres still a chance to take out the big guns ;)
as for the world series thing,just something that confounds us over here and never gets answered, like what does a Scotsman wear under his kilt!
peace dude,at least until we meet in battle.


No offense was meant from my end. I don't think we are communicating our message very well to each other. I'm glad we've come to an understanding. Does this mean you guys will be participating? The real answer to the World Series question is that baseball was started here and it has been called the World Series for a long time, so it more out of tradition than anything else.

http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/873 ... rigin.html
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby xman5151 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Very interesting idea for a league, I like the idea of following an American sports league, whereas other clan events are more based on round-robin type events. I am personally interested, not sure if our clan (Grim Reapers) would be up to it or not, having only 14 members, and being in several other events this might be too much for us to handle. I've posted a message in our forum to gauge interest, so we will see.

Great idea though, and good luck with it!
User avatar
Major xman5151
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:57 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby MNDuke on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 am

I had a thorough discussion with IcePack tonight. Having an experienced TO helps. We went over some things and made changes to some of the settings and rules and cleaned up a few other things. Sorry for the specifics.

For one, the playoff structure is more finalized. It will consist of 2 rounds of 3 sets, 1 round of 5 and the finals will be 7. Each set in the playoffs will consist of 5 games instead of 3 (2 dubs, 2 trips and 1 quad). This will ensure that the playoffs don't drag out but are an accurate representation of ability and fairness.

Map and player limits have been added to the season and post season. Deadlines have been explained. We added a Co-Captain or 2nd contact to back up the Team Captain. A fog rule or lack there of has been defined...that should give you an idea of some of it.

We are looking to add an Assistant to Commissioner or Co-Commissioner, to back-up IcePack. We've asked Chaps to do it, but in the case he declines we might need help with that.

I'm not very good with medals, so I'm curious as to what medals people would like to get or expect out of this. This is where I need the most help.

Also, I wouldn't mind feedback on the new round of changes. Thanks again to everyone.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class MNDuke
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (16)

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login