We are hoping to run two to four small knock-out bracket tournaments alongside the the league competition:
- The Clan League Cup - clans from top divisions
- The Clan League Trophy - clans from upper divisions
- The Clan League Shield - clans from middle divisions
- The Clan League Vase - clans from lower divisions
Entry to these additional competitions is optional but limited to clans participating in the league (CL4).
Each tournament would involve 8 teams in a straightforward knock-out format, with games set-up by Division Directors. Clans only participate in one tournament, relative to their Division in Phase 2 of the league (if needed, the record of clans in Phase 1 will be compared to determine which tournament they enter).
Game breakdown as follows:
- First Round - 4 Doubles, 4 Triples, 5 Quadruples
- Semi-Finals - 4 Doubles, 4 Triples, 5 Quadruples
- Final - 4 Doubles, 5 Triples, 6 Quadruples
Total games for clans attaining a final: 41.
As per the league, each clan has half of the games with home maps and settings. In each round there will be one tie-breaker game (Random, Escalating, Chained, Sunny). The tie breaker will be a Quads game in the First Round and Semi-Finals, and a Triples game in the Final.
CDs have approved the awarding of medals for the winners of each competition.
The diagram below the spoiler shows how the rounds would be scheduled to fit in with the league (bear in mind that, in between phases there will be 3 weeks where we waity for results to be finalised).
The first round would take place around week 3/4 of phase two of the league (teams not particpating in the cup or trophy would have a free week). The semi-finals would start during the 3-4 weeks in-between Phases 2 & 3 of the league, and the Finals would similarly be in-between Phases 3 & 4.
Rules Specific to the knock-out tournaments:
- Clans can only use each map once over the 3 rounds of the tournament, except Random map which can be used an unlimited number of times.
- In the first round and semi-finals, individual players can play a maximum of 4 games.
- In the finals, individual players can play a maximum of 5 games.
- Use of maps and players is entirely seperate to, and does not affect, usage in the league competition.
All other rules from CL4 apply to the knock-out tournaments (settings, deadlines for map and player list submissions etc).
- First contacts of the clans participating in CL4 can simply post that they wish to enter their clan in this thread. Dfferent first and second contacts can be used for this competition if preferred but the provisional player list from the league competition will be used.
- Sign-ups will be accepted until 29 February (midnight CC time).
- The first 8 clans to sign-up are guaranteed a place in a competition. It is anticipated that we will have at least 16 clans registering so that we can run both tournaments (if we have between 9 and 15 then only one tournament may run).
- If there are almost enough clans to run additional 8-clan tournaments (e.g. 21,22,23, 29,30,31 or 39 clans) then the sign-up deadline will be extended by several days in an attempt to obtain further entrants.
- Should all 39 of the clans participating in the league decide to register, then there will be 5 knock-out competions, one for each division (an additional clan of suitable rank would thereby need to be recruited to make up numbers for the Division 5 knock-out tournament).