Conquer Club

The International Clan League [Cancelled]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The International Clan League [Cancelled]

Postby IcePack on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 pm

You're right. There was a grand conspiracy. Bruce is in on it. So was KOA, EMP, FOED and half of the other clans. :roll:

I had heard of two clans. chap was the one gathering feedback, perhaps it was 3. cheme to my knowledge didn't complain until after it was cancelled with a lovely PM to us organizers, and then again here AFTERWARDS.

So at most, thats 4. We had 18+ clans indicate they preferred qwert's, didn't like the sample schedule, wanted to consolidate, etc.
In other words, very little were interested in actually following through. This was discussed and our options evaluated. The ICL was cancelled because collectively looking at all the information we had, it didn't look very promising to have a successful event.

That's all there is to it. qwert was organizing his event on his own, we didn't need to "involve" him in the cancellation of ours because from the feedback we received from clans, they strongly preferred his anyway. He was already planning it....so to cancel ours didn't effect his at all, other than to get more people participating in his discussion.

If you'd rather believe in some fairy tale pie in the sky conspiracy tale - go right ahead. But I won't fan the flames any longer. We had a discussion about this already privately via pm (regarding the cancellation) and now with cheme's comments, its just getting silly, and this will be my last post regarding the cancellation.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:40 am

Why even compare it to qwert's? His is a completely different type of tourney (European League style) with a different time frame. No comparison was needed. So what if most clans preferred his tourney? When did this turn into a competition with qwert??? Why couldn't you have both tournaments? ICL during the summer & qwert's to replace CL4 in the fall. I understand some folks feel there are too many large clan tournaments being tossed around and there is some desire to consolidate... but, despite this, 32 clans still committed to the ICL because it was such a great idea.

Surely the 32 clans that signed up for this tournament did so with the expectation that there would also be a CL5 coming. Surely the 32 clans that signed up for this tournament read the rules and were aware of the game requirements before chapcrap's PM was sent out. I find surprising the claim that 28-30 of the 32 clans who had committed to the ICL less than 2 months ago suddenly, two weeks before the tourney was to start, were no longer "interested in actually following through." Perhaps the clan community really is as fickle as you make them out to be.... I certainly hope that's not the case.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby IcePack on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:50 am

MudPuppy wrote:Why even compare it to qwert's? His is a completely different type of tourney (European League style) with a different time frame. No comparison was needed. So what if most clans preferred his tourney? When did this turn into a competition with qwert??? Why couldn't you have both tournaments? ICL during the summer & qwert's to replace CL4 in the fall. I understand some folks feel there are too many large clan tournaments being tossed around and there is some desire to consolidate... but, despite this, 32 clans still committed to the ICL because it was such a great idea.

Surely the 32 clans that signed up for this tournament did so with the expectation that there would also be a CL5 coming. Surely the 32 clans that signed up for this tournament read the rules and were aware of the game requirements before chapcrap's PM was sent out. I find surprising the claim that 28-30 of the 32 clans who had committed to the ICL less than 2 months ago suddenly, two weeks before the tourney was to start, were no longer "interested in actually following through." Perhaps the clan community really is as fickle as you make them out to be.... I certainly hope that's not the case.

I never said 28-30 did. I specifically said, 18+ did. And there was a desire amongst all parties to have a successful event, which there were a bunch of reasons why i didn't feel it would likely end successfully. Yes clans all knew the details before, but i dont think some actually knew what they were getting into. Yes its different, no ones "comparing" the two events. Who compared the two?

Anyway, the ICL is done. If you'd like to chat about it more, add me to skype or PM me.

Bruce - thanks for archiving this.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chemefreak on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:19 pm

IcePack wrote:Bruce - thanks for archiving this.
IcePack

You're welcome.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Locking down.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Previous