Conquer Club

The International Clan League [Cancelled]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The International Clan League [Cancelled]

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:52 pm

The ICL is a sport based Clan League in which teams will compete in a series of games vs divisional, conference, and inter-conference sets. The season will last approximately 4 months, June-September.
    A season schedule will be made available and released before the opening of the season to assist in team game planning. The ICL will conform to the one clan rule.

I will play the part of League Commissioner, MNDuke, and chapcrap will be also be assisting with organizing the inaugural event.

Any Captain's or Co-Captain's who have questions and would like to get answers over SKYPE - please PM me and I will provide my contact information to assist.

The ICL is now accepting official clan sign-ups until May 5th!
- Please include First and Second contacts, and your clans 10 player minimum roster.

show: Format

show: Season Info

show: Post Season

show: All-Star Break

show: Teams and Players

show: Maps and Settings

show: Conquest Map List Clarification

show: Awards and Medals

show: Fine Print
Last edited by IcePack on Thu May 24, 2012 11:42 am, edited 18 times in total.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: The International Clan League (ICL) [Sign Ups!]

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:52 pm

show: Clans Signed Up

show: Clan Rosters
Last edited by IcePack on Sun May 13, 2012 9:39 am, edited 44 times in total.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Premier Conference:
Hero: DYN / WAR / TNC / RA
Champion: AFOS / MYTH / MM / RET
Pioneers: EMP / LOW / IGNI / LOTZ
Immortals: FOED / LEG / KOA / MB

Elite Conference:
Legends: TOFU / MD / AKA / TDB
Kings: PIG / TFFS / OSA / RH
Explorers: ID / LHDD / HH / Ultim8's
Titans: AOC / GR / 1RFG / SOH

Future Schedule
Last edited by IcePack on Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 am, edited 13 times in total.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Great idea of the event but bad rules, I am going sit out from this one.
Good luck to all participating clans, I am sure it will be a lot of fun in this league ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:41 pm

josko.ri wrote:Great idea of the event but bad rules, I am going sit out from this one.
Good luck to all participating clans, I am sure it will be a lot of fun in this league ;)

Other than unlimited there hasn't been much discussion / complaints. Hope to see you involved in future events :)

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:52 pm

IcePack wrote: The ICL will make modifications as needed if less than 36 clans sign up for competition and will announce the changes to divisions etc. after the specified sign up date. All season sets, games, etc are based on the 36 team format and may be modified based on clan sign ups.

Do you not have any contingency plans in place? Given that the CC3 has 33 clans signed up and this league has had only 18 clans express interest, I find it quite unlikely the goal of 36 clans will be reached. I'm hesitant to sign up for a pie-in-the-sky format that is likely not going to happen in year one without knowing what a more realistic format would look like. I hope you do get 36 clans signed up but I think you need to let us know what the plan is if that doesn't happen.

Could you provide what the format would be for 18-clan, 24-clan, & 30-clan leagues and perhaps give just a little guidance on what changes you would make if the total number fell between those levels? Your current proposal is to wait until after signups have completed before telling us what the real league is going to look like. I'm not at all comfortable with that.

My main concern is that I don't want a lot of teams making the playoffs and would think the playoff structure for an 18-clan league would have to be significantly different than what is proposed for a 36-clan league. Personally, I'd like to see <=25% of teams make the playoffs (e.g., 8/36). I'm willing to sign up for something more than that since I imagine there may be others who prefer more.... but if it goes too high, I'm not interested. I think 12/36 (33%) is acceptable but at the very edge of those limits and I would not want the percentage to go over 33% in any scenario.

At what participation level would you drop to 4 divisions? At what participation level would you drop to 4 wild cards? to 2 wild cards?
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:04 pm

MudPuppy wrote:
IcePack wrote: The ICL will make modifications as needed if less than 36 clans sign up for competition and will announce the changes to divisions etc. after the specified sign up date. All season sets, games, etc are based on the 36 team format and may be modified based on clan sign ups.

Do you not have any contingency plans in place? Given that the CC3 has 33 clans signed up and this league has had only 18 clans express interest, I find it quite unlikely the goal of 36 clans will be reached. I'm hesitant to sign up for a pie-in-the-sky format that is likely not going to happen in year one without knowing what a more realistic format would look like. I hope you do get 36 clans signed up but I think you need to let us know what the plan is if that doesn't happen.

Could you provide what the format would be for 18-clan, 24-clan, & 30-clan leagues and perhaps give just a little guidance on what changes you would make if the total number fell between those levels? Your current proposal is to wait until after signups have completed before telling us what the real league is going to look like. I'm not at all comfortable with that.

My main concern is that I don't want a lot of teams making the playoffs and would think the playoff structure for an 18-clan league would have to be significantly different than what is proposed for a 36-clan league. Personally, I'd like to see <=25% of teams make the playoffs (e.g., 8/36). I'm willing to sign up for something more than that since I imagine there may be others who prefer more.... but if it goes too high, I'm not interested. I think 12/36 (33%) is acceptable but at the very edge of those limits and I would not want the percentage to go over 33% in any scenario.

At what participation level would you drop to 4 divisions? At what participation level would you drop to 4 wild cards? to 2 wild cards?

Yes, we do have plans in place for lower than 36 sign ups, though not typed out neat and understandable currently just on paper. I'll be happy to show the format for 18 clan league if that would help some, I also agree 36 is hopeful based on initial interest. I dont want to typed out all the formats for every scenario, but i will post the 18 clan league for those on the fence to look at. Give me a few days to get through typing it out and work etc.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby WPBRJ on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Unlimited reinforcements are allowed on conquest maps only.

might i suggest that you guys simplify this rule some people on this site cant comprehend the word ONLY!! when they read the simplest of simple sentences they just don't understand that ONLY means ONLY. the moronic thought pattern of saying ONLY might in there little pea brains mean that it just might mean maybe or probable or even most certain!!! there are also a few on this site that will back them up trying to make it sound like something that it really is not. that in its self is truly amazing that dumb can be backed up by dumber

now i ONLY can speak from past experiences that you will be call a crappy TO for bad rules that you have no idea what your doing and that even know most will sign up that know one really wants to play due to your lack of poor rule making!!

This is just a suggestion and in no terms trying to tell the TO's how to run the turny!

i wish you guys all the luck DYNASTY is discussing it and will let you know if we are in.
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby josko.ri on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:01 pm

WPBRJ wrote:

might i suggest that you guys simplify this rule some people on this site cant comprehend the word ONLY!! when they read the simplest of simple sentences they just don't understand that ONLY means ONLY. the moronic though pattern of saying ONLY might in there little pea brains mean that it just might mean maybe or probable or even most certain!!! there are also a few on this site that will back them up trying to make it sound like something that it really is not. that in its self is truly amazing that dumb can be backed up by dumber

now i ONLY can speak from past experiences that you will be call a crappy TO for bad rules that you have no idea what your doing and that even know most will sign up that know one really wants to play due to your lack of poor rule making!!

This is just a suggestion and in no terms trying to tell the TO's how to run the turny!

i wish you guys all the luck DYNASTY is discussing it and will let you know if we are in.

This time the rule is written very clear so everyone can understand it. ;)

In CL4 the same rule was written on double-sense way because organizers were not able to write it clear. many players confirmed double-sense wording of the rule in CL4 (not only me). now WBPRJ heal his own frustrations here, in other event which has nothing to do with CL4 and does not deserve to really unnecesary put shit in this thread.

Everyone has right for his opinion, I wrote my opinion here in non-provocative way, informed organizers that I will not participate, and wished good luck to participants. no hard feelings, no attacking anyone, just informing. obviously WPBRJ has some serious problems because he needs to put his own shit in thread which has nothing to do with his own problems. :roll:
Major josko.ri

Postby angola on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 am

Agents of Chaos will play.

First contact: angola
Second contact: TBA

Preliminary 10
1. jetsetwilly
2. Nicky15
3. slaylark
4. NanoTheGreat
5. usernamer
6. eaglebyrob
7. Hook2
8. slickstm
9. Jippd
10. Steiner75
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby DJoach on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:28 am

LHDD Will play too
I Will fill the players list asap
Lieutenant DJoach

Postby General Brock II on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:38 am

1st Regiment of Foot Guards confirms its commitment.

Captain: General Brock II
Alternate: mr. CD

I'm not sure if we are or are not supposed to be in the roster. If not, sub ianphull in for me and queen victorious in for CD.
1. General Brock II
2. mr. CD
3. Crarg
4. Ickyketseddie
5. MegsEggs
6. Pirlo
7. Agent 86
8. Italianipastido
9. pianowazza
10. Baby-Bjorn

quick question, as I didn't see anything about map limitations. I would assume that you're permitted to use each map only once per set, but repeatedly throughout the league? ie. Arms Race can't be used for dubs, triples and Quads against RA. But we can use it again v. FOED.

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Captain General Brock II

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:42 am

Brock:
Under maps and settings:
Maps can be used once per set only. Future sets are ok to reuse a map.

Under Playoffs:
A map Can be used once per set, no more than 20% total.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby lordnex on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:03 pm

IcePack wrote:Yes, we do have plans in place for lower than 36 sign ups, though not typed out neat and understandable currently just on paper. I'll be happy to show the format for 18 clan league if that would help some, I also agree 36 is hopeful based on initial interest. I dont want to typed out all the formats for every scenario, but i will post the 18 clan league for those on the fence to look at. Give me a few days to get through typing it out and work etc.

Thank you, that would be appreciated, perhaps not in details, but in general would be enough. Also I'd like to remind you about my suggestion that number of overall games for each team (season length) remain the same regardless of number of teams.

Unlimited reinforcements are allowed on conquest maps only

What are the "conquest" maps? As far as I know, there is no official designation for maps being "conquest" or not. Who and how will make a decisions on which maps are OK for unlimited and which are not? And why would you even have a rule like this?!?
Major lordnex

Postby Foxglove on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 pm

WPBRJ wrote:

might i suggest that you guys simplify this rule some people on this site cant comprehend the word ONLY!! when they read the simplest of simple sentences they just don't understand that ONLY means ONLY. the moronic thought pattern of saying ONLY might in there little pea brains mean that it just might mean maybe or probable or even most certain!!! there are also a few on this site that will back them up trying to make it sound like something that it really is not. that in its self is truly amazing that dumb can be backed up by dumber

I can't believe that you are so rude and unable to understand the concept that sentences and phrases can sometimes be understood (or misunderstood) in multiple ways. This is particularly true when people are communicating in a language other than their first. I would think you would have more sympathy for people in that situation since it appears that English isn't your first language, either.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Listen, take any arguing about things elsewhere.

Questions are ok to be asked here and will be answered here.

lordnex wrote:Thank you, that would be appreciated, perhaps not in details, but in general would be enough. Also I'd like to remind you about my suggestion that number of overall games for each team (season length) remain the same regardless of number of teams.

The length could change slightly, in order to keep a balanced schedule for all of the teams. IcePack has this information. By slightly, I mean that if 30 teams sign up instead of 36, it could be 76 sets instead of 72.

lordnex wrote:
Unlimited reinforcements are allowed on conquest maps only

What are the "conquest" maps? As far as I know, there is no official designation for maps being "conquest" or not. Who and how will make a decisions on which maps are OK for unlimited and which are not? And why would you even have a rule like this?!?

I can compile a list of conquest maps for you. About the rule, IcePack or MNDuke will have to reply to that question.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Master Kai on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Ret is in. Thanks and glad your putting this together.

We'll have info for you as soon as we can.
Captain Master Kai

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks lordnex, I have time tomorrow night and will likely update the scenario list for people then. I will also review your suggestion, but make no promises until further study is made on our composition of div and how it affects our schedule, etc. :)

As far as the unlimited rule, we discussed quads only and conquest maps. Ultimately it came down to conquest maps and we can provide the list tomorrow as well.

--------

Master Kai & RET - You're in! Thanks for signing up.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:26 pm

IcePack wrote:we can provide the list tomorrow as well.

By tomorrow he means right now.
show: Conquest Maps
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jj3044 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:59 pm

chapcrap wrote:
IcePack wrote:we can provide the list tomorrow as well.

By tomorrow he means right now.
show: Conquest Maps

Ah damn, no Hive. :(
Colonel jj3044

Postby JP007 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:21 pm

The Devils Brigade is all in for this!!!

Primary Contact
jp007
Second Contact
TBD
Corporal 1st Class JP007

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Excellent! Thanks for signing up :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Aaron234 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 am

im in..
Man life cant be better.
If you see that 5,6 Monkey shoot to kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cadet Aaron234

Location: 187 Bloody bath water street & Death valley New york..

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Some updates posted, sorry I'm waiting on a few things to clarify all the leaders positions and I shall finish up :)

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 am

Count the Headless Horsemen as entered :D
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter