Thanks for adding the breakouts, IcePack. It looks great. One more clarifying question about the breakouts: if the number of clans participating falls somewhere between those levels (e.g., 25-29 clans sign up) will you be using the number of playoff spots based on the 24-clan level (8) or on the 30-clan level (10)? My strong preference, as I'm sure you'll guess, is for the lower level. But either way I think we're close enough that it's not going to be a deal breaker for me if you do decide to go the higher route.
Also, seeing that AKA just dropped out of the CL4, I was wondering how you might handle a clan dropping out mid-season.
Again, it's looking really good!!! Let me touch base with the rest of the 'Goons again and we'll hopefully be signing on the dotted line soon.
I think we would use any set up that creates results similar to what we are trying to achieve (18, 20 , 24, 28, 30, 32, and and 36 clans respectively). Anyone who signs up in between those #'s (ie clan 21, 22, 23) would NOT be used for our event unless #24 signs up.
This creates incentives for clans to sign up quickly (and encourage others to participate to reach the next cut off point) and doesn't create uneven numbered divisions, increasing certain division game counts, or force us to modify rules to fit them in like CLA4 did giving avg results etc. we don't want to go there.
I understand the concerns with drop outs like AKA to the CLA4. The key is to ensure it doesn't get to that point by being fair, responsive, using common sense etc. Any major objections or issues will be addressed by me. There will be an internal appeals process if the clan disagrees with my ruling (we strive to be fair, reasonable, and use common sense). If the appeal doesn't address the concerns, the CD's are there for a reason.
Again, we hope there wouldnt be any major concerns come up in the first place, and that the clans signing up are "in it for the long haul". However if it came down to it we would likely address the drop out by deleting the results of that clan, but I will discuss further with Duke and Chappy for this scenario so we are prepared. Again, the idea would be to ensure we don't get to that point.