Conquer Club

CC Clan League 5 - Question going here

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Clan League -Premier-First-Second

Postby Bruceswar on Sun May 20, 2012 5:56 pm

uckuki wrote:Unlimited: also impractical for large maps, gives advantage to whoever goes first. I suggest similar limit like
with trench: Unlimited setting can only be used in maps with total number of terrs 45 or less.

You cannot be serious can you? If you think that then I must say you do not know how to play unlimited forts correctly.

As far as trench.. No, just no... It would take forever and clog up everything.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby uckuki on Mon May 21, 2012 12:03 am

Bruceswar wrote:You cannot be serious can you? If you think that then I must say you do not know how to play unlimited forts correctly.

this thread is for discussion on how to improve CL, not irrelevant opinions. stick to the topic people.
if you have any questions or opinions unrelated to CL, pm will do.

Bruceswar wrote:As far as trench.. No, just no... It would take forever and clog up everything.

you haven't read my post carefully enough. I clearly state large maps shouldn't be allowed. trench is practical
for small maps. we would just need a ceiling on total number of terrs allowed.

any news regarding opinion poll on nukes?
Major uckuki

Postby chemefreak on Mon May 21, 2012 12:10 am

When does the ICL start?
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby deantursx on Mon May 21, 2012 1:42 pm

uckuki wrote:trench and unlimited are tricky settings. they can be used, though I'd suggest different limitations:
not the number of games they can be used it but the type of maps.

Trench: definitely impractical for large maps. it's impossible to make chain kill with esc spoils. I'm playing few of those
and it feels they'll take a year to finish. Suggested limit would be something like: Trench can only be used in
maps with total number of terrs of 35 or less. that would guarantee games wouldn't stall the progression
of the league.

Unlimited: also impractical for large maps, gives advantage to whoever goes first. I suggest similar limit like
with trench: Unlimited setting can only be used in maps with total number of terrs 45 or less.

something like that. I'm not sure what number of maps would be available. numbers of terrs are approximate,
could be few more or less.

I agree with all of this.

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Postby MNDuke on Tue May 22, 2012 2:20 am

chemefreak wrote:When does the ICL start?

June 1st?
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby Pirlo on Tue May 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Couldn't read a lot in this thread or even the OP.. but I believe the suggestion in the OP is pretty similar to this I made last year:

viewtopic.php?f=443&t=132387&start=180#p3200796
Captain Pirlo

Postby Fewnix on Thu May 24, 2012 1:21 am

Let's do it.

and thank you Qwert for all you have done, are doing and will do.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

qwert wrote:Ok ,people i implement some things,
First i remove second league, and this will be Qualification tournament ,where will play Bracket system competition all clans who are not ranked in first 28 positions, also in this Qualification tournament will play all new formed clans.
Second- reduce Premier and First LEague to 14 teams each, and this is last reasonable number for any kind of normal League.
Third-League will be played like real league, round robin system- 14 teams- 26 weeks, plus 10 free weeks,where you will not need to create any games if we get some holidays or some other things, so this mean that each week Home team need to create 2 doubles-2 triple and 2 quads game. Total duration of league 36 weeks.
Promotion -relegation, now its reduced to 3 teams promotion-3 teams relegation. Im totaly against play offs, because this give chance to team who are play so bad, that in one match ,manage to again stay in League.
Well this its small move,and i see that more and more things come.
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby chemefreak on Thu May 24, 2012 7:12 am

Pirlo wrote:Couldn't read a lot in this thread or even the OP.. but I believe the suggestion in the OP is pretty similar to this I made last year:

viewtopic.php?f=443&t=132387&start=180#p3200796

Actually, it looks a lot like an already tried and failed clan league format. But that is just my opinion.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Qwert on Fri May 25, 2012 12:48 pm

add two more things
====================================
League Games, Settings, Maps, & Players
Weekly

Home Games (for Premier and First League)

2 Doubles - Clan's Choice of Maps & Settings
2 Triples - Clan's Choice of Maps & Settings
2 Quadruples - Clan's Choice of Maps & Settings

Home Games (for Qualification Tournament)

3 Doubles - Clan's Choice of Maps & Settings
3 Triples - Clan's Choice of Maps & Settings
4 Quadruples - Clan's Choice of Maps & Settings
1 Tiebreak Quadruples - random map, esc,chain, fog
=============================================
Schedule
round robin ( 26 play week and 10 free week)

Week 1 [play or free]
Week 2 [play or free]
Week 3 [play or free]
Week 4 [play or free]
Week 5 [play or free]
Week 6 [play or free]
Week 7 [play or free]
Week 8 [play or free]
Week 9 [play or free]
Week 10 [play or free]
Week 11 [play or free]
Week 12 [play or free]
Week 13 [play or free]
Week 14 [play or free]
Week 15 [play or free]
Week 16 [play or free]
Week 17 [play or free]
Week 18 [play or free]
Week 19
Week 20
Week 21
Week 22
Week 23
Week 24
Week 25
Week 26
Week 27
Week 28
Week 29
Week 30
Week 31
Week 32
Week 33
Week 34
Week 35
Week 36
============================
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun May 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
uckuki wrote:Unlimited: also impractical for large maps, gives advantage to whoever goes first. I suggest similar limit like

You cannot be serious can you? If you think that then I must say you do not know how to play unlimited forts correctly.

I agree with you bruce on the part about unlimited forts, even if the general consensus is "they are more up to luck" that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed and the away team should be happy that the home team chose to use unlimited because there is more luck which would be a disadvantage to the home team. I personally don't think it is any more or less luck than getting a mixed set in round 3 or a flat rate game or 3 cashing/ getting stuck with a 2 pair in a escalating game. If there was a clan that used adjacent forts all the time and were really good with them, there wouldn't be such an huss fuss about whether they should be allowed or not.

However with trench, I disagree based on my experiences, I think most would end or be close to ending within 15 rounds. Yes conquest maps would take longer but a round limit could be used to stop them from dragging on. Team escalating would probably not run as smoothly but flat rate/ no spoils games have an added dynamic.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Pirlo on Sun May 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:- don't do a 'game exchange' system where 2 clans swap home games. Instead just have one clan send its games to the other clan (a 'Home' week)
- later in the season those 2 clans meet again, this time the other clan sends its home games (copying the football format)

Great point!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Qwert on Tue May 29, 2012 5:17 am

new add
----------------------
promotion:
premier league/league 1: 3 teams from premier league will drop to league 1, and top 3 teams from league 1 will advance to premier league. if one team decide not to participate in premier league before season start, their place will fill 4th team from league 1. if two or more clans decide not to participate, their places will be filled with equal number of best teams from league 1.

league 1/Qualification Tournament: 3 teams from league 1 will drop to Qualification Tournament, and their places will be filled with finalists and winner of match for 3rd place from Qualification Tournament. if one or more teams from league 1 decide not to participate, empty places in league 1 will be filled with best teams from Qualification Tournament (acording to finished positions)

for example: if 1 clan from premier league and 2 clans from league 1 decide not to participate, premier league will then have all the clans that stayed in premier league plus 4 best teams from league 1. league 1 will then have all the clans stayed in league 1, plus 3 teams who dropped from premier league, plus 3 best teams from Qualification Tournament, plus 4th best clan from Qualification Tournament to fill a place for 4th clan advance to premier league, plus 5th and 6th clan in Qualification Tournament to fill the places from clans that dropped out from league 1.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: CC Clan League - Premier <> First <> Qualification

Postby ahunda on Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 am

Ok. I like the basic idea of this a lot. So I want to add some thoughts & suggestions:

1. Get this whole thing into CLA & get it approved as the set-up for the next CLA League season(s). This thread here clearly shows, that there is a lot of support for the idea. And I think, it is in the best interest of everyone to not have too many competing clan events at the same time. Have the Conquerors Cup & this here as the new CLA League format as the 2 main & regular clan events, where (almost) all competitive clans participate, instead of 2-3 different leagues with different set-ups and a couple of clans participating in each of them.

2. Keep the pure league format, and do not add a play-off. ThatĀ“s the whole point of a league format after all. The winner is the one, who played best continuously throughout an entire season, not in one or two matches at the very end of it. The play-off idea degrades the regular season to a mere qualifier event. We have the Conquerors Cup as a true knock-out tournament, letĀ“s have a true League too.

3. I very much support the idea of having bigger breaks between the single sets/matches, for several reasons: Work-load for both TOs & clan contacts (giving them longer breaks between the sets/matches), game load for players (not as many over-laps between sets/matches), but also: Looking at the current Division 1, where we are now about to start the last set/match, only a handful of the first rounds sets/matches are finished yet. This does not allow for a true League feeling, where you can see, how your clan is doing from match to match and see it progress up & down in the divisions table. Instead we will probably now see a lot of results coming in day by day, and the table changing drastically from day to day too. It takes a part of the excitement out of it to not know for example, that you need a win in your next match to make it to number 1 spot, or whatever.

4. Looking at division size & scheduling: With 12 clans in a division we would have 11 sets/matches in total, with 16 clans 15 sets/matches. Starting new sets/matches every 2 weeks would make for 22 or 30 weeks (plus a couple of weeks for the last sets/matches to finish), starting every 3 weeks for 33 or 45 weeks. Both could work to play an entire season per year. If we want to add a few weeks break during summer and/or Christmas time, 12 clans 3-weekly or 16 clans 2-weekly seems good.

5. The single sets/matches: Looking at the ongoing CLA League, 12 games per set/match should be absolute minimum (as results can swing easily in such small samples). With longer breaks between the sets/matches, a bit more might be possible (striking a balance in regards to game load for participating clans there). Dividing sets into home & away matches taking place at different dates & being counted separately doesnĀ“t sound practical to me (both in terms of scheduling & size of single sets/matches). Beyond that: Keep it as simple as possible. Map limitations seem appropriate (every map only to be used once or twice in the season), otherwise as little limitations as possible (let people play what they want = have fun). I would stick with the old proven thing of home & away games as it has always been in clan competitions, but if a majority wants it, a certain number on "neutral ground" could be added to each set/match, either on Random or some pre-selected maps, for example: 1/3 home games, 1/3 away games, 1/3 neutral ground.

Well, yeah. Just some ideas added to the mix ...

O:)
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby Pirlo on Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 pm

ahunda wrote:2. Keep the pure league format, and do not add a play-off. ThatĀ“s the whole point of a league format after all. The winner is the one, who played best continuously throughout an entire season, not in one or two matches at the very end of it. The play-off idea degrades the regular season to a mere qualifier event. We have the Conquerors Cup as a true knock-out tournament, letĀ“s have a true League too.

I tried to express this point last year.. less luck.. if you lose a set or two or even more, you can still win the overall league. Less stress too!

ahunda wrote:Dividing sets into home & away matches taking place at different dates & being counted separately doesnĀ“t sound practical to me (both in terms of scheduling & size of single sets/matches).

I support the opposite. I think it's more exciting to have them separated. It's a thrill to know you have to pull a win off your home, so you need to be very good at other people's homes and try to win as many sets as possible, while knowing you can't afford too many home defeats if you want to claim the title as the best clan on the site. This will also allow the lower clans to stand a chance to beat a top clan. I think of it as a motivation for them even when they found themselves out of contention after few sets in a long-run tourney!

Just my 2 cents!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Qwert on Thu May 31, 2012 12:32 pm

ahunda wrote:Ok. I like the basic idea of this a lot. So I want to add some thoughts & suggestions:

1. Get this whole thing into CLA & get it approved as the set-up for the next CLA League season(s). This thread here clearly shows, that there is a lot of support for the idea. And I think, it is in the best interest of everyone to not have too many competing clan events at the same time. Have the Conquerors Cup & this here as the new CLA League format as the 2 main & regular clan events, where (almost) all competitive clans participate, instead of 2-3 different leagues with different set-ups and a couple of clans participating in each of them.

2. Keep the pure league format, and do not add a play-off. ThatĀ“s the whole point of a league format after all. The winner is the one, who played best continuously throughout an entire season, not in one or two matches at the very end of it. The play-off idea degrades the regular season to a mere qualifier event. We have the Conquerors Cup as a true knock-out tournament, letĀ“s have a true League too.

3. I very much support the idea of having bigger breaks between the single sets/matches, for several reasons: Work-load for both TOs & clan contacts (giving them longer breaks between the sets/matches), game load for players (not as many over-laps between sets/matches), but also: Looking at the current Division 1, where we are now about to start the last set/match, only a handful of the first rounds sets/matches are finished yet. This does not allow for a true League feeling, where you can see, how your clan is doing from match to match and see it progress up & down in the divisions table. Instead we will probably now see a lot of results coming in day by day, and the table changing drastically from day to day too. It takes a part of the excitement out of it to not know for example, that you need a win in your next match to make it to number 1 spot, or whatever.

4. Looking at division size & scheduling: With 12 clans in a division we would have 11 sets/matches in total, with 16 clans 15 sets/matches. Starting new sets/matches every 2 weeks would make for 22 or 30 weeks (plus a couple of weeks for the last sets/matches to finish), starting every 3 weeks for 33 or 45 weeks. Both could work to play an entire season per year. If we want to add a few weeks break during summer and/or Christmas time, 12 clans 3-weekly or 16 clans 2-weekly seems good.

5. The single sets/matches: Looking at the ongoing CLA League, 12 games per set/match should be absolute minimum (as results can swing easily in such small samples). With longer breaks between the sets/matches, a bit more might be possible (striking a balance in regards to game load for participating clans there). Dividing sets into home & away matches taking place at different dates & being counted separately doesnĀ“t sound practical to me (both in terms of scheduling & size of single sets/matches). Beyond that: Keep it as simple as possible. Map limitations seem appropriate (every map only to be used once or twice in the season), otherwise as little limitations as possible (let people play what they want = have fun). I would stick with the old proven thing of home & away games as it has always been in clan competitions, but if a majority wants it, a certain number on "neutral ground" could be added to each set/match, either on Random or some pre-selected maps, for example: 1/3 home games, 1/3 away games, 1/3 neutral ground.

Well, yeah. Just some ideas added to the mix ...

O:)

i will try to answer.

1. Well i think that things in CLA work totaly diferent,because you need to have several proposition, where people decide what its best, so i dont know what CLA think of this format

2.Like i say previously,i dont like playoffs, Clan who play all league best then he deserve to be champion of league, and i will not apply this.

3. and 4. After long thinking, first i create that bouth leagues have 16 teams, but then problem with all clans belove 32 place, its to little left to create Division 3, so i change to be 14 clans in Premier and First League each, and all belove 28 will play Qualification tournament .
If you read carefull , League will play round robin (13 home and 13 away matches) win will be awarded with 3 points and tie will be awarded with 1 points. This give you 26 weeks of play, plus addition 10 weeks to be added for vacation, and this give you total of 36 weeks of competition duration. Still not decide what round will be play,and what round will be vacation.
5.Well for now i split Home and away to play separate, maybe will people vote that imediatly play Together ,and maybe will people vote for round robin, so its still open for discusion.
===========================================================================
No beta
Clan's cannot use the same map more than one time in League.Consider that we have 201 approved maps, this means you have to pick up to 78 home maps.(for first two League lvl, only for Qualification Tournament,its depend on how many round will be played)
Random maps can be used as many times as so desired and what ever map it turns out to be will not be counted towards the 1 map rule.

Well for Premier and First LEague are know how much will have participiants(14 each), and Qualification tournament its depend of how much join to play.

Each round no one player should play more than 12% of the games, 2 game maximum per player per round.
No restriction on who plays in what game.
There needs to be a minimum of 10 different players per set.

i think its perfectly clear here,each round consist of -2 double,2 triple and 2 quads games, so 2 game maximum per player are good number.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ahunda on Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 pm

qwert wrote:1. Well i think that things in CLA work totaly diferent,because you need to have several proposition, where people decide what its best, so i dont know what CLA think of this format

There is only one way to find out: Propose it to the CLA. I seriously think, if you want this to succeed, this is the best way. The CLA will run a league again for sure. And if you run your own thing alongside it, clans will divide. Some might be able to play 3-4 competitions at once, but not all. So some might play the CLA league, some might play yours, but that wouldnĀ“t be, what we really want, no ?

Sure: If this is supposed to be the new CLA league, you will probably need to make some compromises. That is your decision. If you run your own private thing, you can decide all by yourself, how you want to do it. I see the appeal in that, but some compromising might be worth it to get the CLA behind this and really make this THE clan league @ CC.

qwert wrote:If you read carefull , League will play round robin (13 home and 13 away matches) win will be awarded with 3 points and tie will be awarded with 1 points. This give you 26 weeks of play, plus addition 10 weeks to be added for vacation, and this give you total of 36 weeks of competition duration. Still not decide what round will be play,and what round will be vacation.

Not sure, if I understand correctly, but this sounds problematic to me. You can see, that in the current CLA league some clans have trouble keeping up with the schedule & forget to submit their games, even if it is very simple to remember: New games every week. Now you want to add BYE weeks (vacation) into the mix, so that the schedule becomes very un-regular. People would need to really keep an eye on dates and things, and experience tells me: There is a lot of potential for clans to screw up. As I said: Keep it as simple as possible.

And I also repeat my argument about the 2 weeks breaks between sets: Work load & game load would be much easier. And sets/matches would not overlap so much. Quads often take 4 weeks and longer. So if you start new sets/matches weekly, you will likely already be playing your 4th or 5th set/match, before the 1st is concluded. And that simply takes away from the experience, in my opinion.

qwert wrote:Well for now i split Home and away to play separate, maybe will people vote that imediatly play Together ,and maybe will people vote for round robin, so its still open for discusion.

I have no strong opinion on this. As a matter of fact, what Pirlo just said about this, makes sense to me. My concern there is just the game load & scheduling. If you stick with 6 home games & want to count this as an entire match/set, you can almost throw a coin instead. But if you go up too much, game load increases dramatically over the entire season. So I think, this question is somewhat intertwined with the question of divisions size & scheduling.

Anyway. I only wanted to add some thoughts, not box my ideas through here. O:)
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby Leehar on Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm just concerned that apparently as much as 30 clans were interested in signing up for another competition while cl was still running, and if this premier league is likely to gain momentum, I'd much prefer it to start sooner rather than later, to take advantage of all of us left adrift after the disbandment of the ICL?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Qwert on Thu May 31, 2012 1:37 pm

""Not sure, if I understand correctly, but this sounds problematic to me. You can see, that in the current CLA league some clans have trouble keeping up with the schedule & forget to submit their games, even if it is very simple to remember: New games every week. Now you want to add BYE weeks (vacation) into the mix, so that the schedule becomes very un-regular. People would need to really keep an eye on dates and things, and experience tells me: There is a lot of potential for clans to screw up. As I said: Keep it as simple as possible.

And I also repeat my argument about the 2 weeks breaks between sets: Work load & game load would be much easier. And sets/matches would not overlap so much. Quads often take 4 weeks and longer. So if you start new sets/matches weekly, you will likely already be playing your 4th or 5th set/match, before the 1st is concluded. And that simply takes away from the experience, in my opinion.""

Well , its hard for me to know what week will be some holliday or celebration , so its again up for long discussion.

""by Leehar on Thu May 31, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm just concerned that apparently as much as 30 clans were interested in signing up for another competition while cl was still running, and if this premier league is likely to gain momentum, I'd much prefer it to start sooner rather than later, to take advantage of all of us left adrift after the disbandment of the ICL?""
You all ready have to much competitions going on, and still we dont build all rules here, so this not going to start before we finish and cover all possibile issues.

""There is only one way to find out: Propose it to the CLA. I seriously think, if you want this to succeed, this is the best way. The CLA will run a league again for sure. And if you run your own thing alongside it, clans will divide. Some might be able to play 3-4 competitions at once, but not all. So some might play the CLA league, some might play yours, but that wouldnĀ“t be, what we really want, no ? ""
Well consider that CL4 still are ongoing, and in half of play, then we have plenty of time. Im a member of CLA, and when some serious discusion start abouth CL5,then i will propose this in CLA forum, now i want that wider Community give oppinions.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby WPBRJ on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Well I will say I did not read thru this whole thread nor will I, but I have to say I did read the OP and have to say this is way too much like what others and what I have already proposed! Yes you have fewer divisions and only other difference is I implemented a play off for the top 2 team in each division. You refuse to put this in, and I get that, i wonā€™t condemn you for doing what you believe in.

I will say this most support for this came into play approximately 2 weeks after OP and thatā€™s when ice started to get involved and a few days later he dropped the ICL and shut it down. Then this thread really got busy with action which makes sense.

Now I will pose to you the same questions you posed to me when I suggested this in the CLA and you were 100% against any format of this nature and I will quote you

qwert wrote: im for mixed divisions,like in CL3, not ranked divisions.

But now itā€™s your proposal are you now ok with ranked divisions?
You also said

qwert wrote:Wbprj, i dont understand how you dont see point of equal league. I know that mine clan, with yours setting will move in division D(last Division) and we will have very low ranked clans to play(example Welsh Dragons ,Order 66,LOTZ,) now its these excitement for our clan to play , where is here chalenge? Look Champion league in Footbal, what will hepend if they create groups,where all stronger are in one group,and all weaker in second group, these will be bad competition.Every clan here want to have some great chalenges against best clans, but your format eliminate that. These is only frendly sugestion, and i hope that you will apply something of these sugestions. We all here have interest to create some great tournament.

Now youā€™re in a stronger clan has your mind changes? Division D and your play in system is the same thing so itā€™s still not exciting for lower ranked clans now is it.

I just want to know what changed you hated everything about what I suggested but now in public you for the most part are mirroring it and you even copied and pasted rules from CL4.

I certainly wonā€™t say I hate it, itā€™s my concept which is actually JPā€™s CL2 concept just a slightly different format which some say it had no support but I will say this it had a lot of support!!! I also like Joskos format which we are using this year but needs a lot of work we threw it together in a short time without thinking of a lot of stuff like cutting out phase 3 and maybe even phase 4, more games, home weeks as well as away weeks, but that will all be for the next guy to worry about.

For now I am just trying to grasp this I liked the ICL it was different and now itā€™s not around anymore and this is getting a lot of attention. Are you trying to replace the CL? Are you going to run this league?
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby Keefie on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:35 am

I prefer the format of Qwert's idea over the ICL. However the ICL was ready to go and if this on is going to drag on and on then I say bring back the ICL.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Keefie on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:36 am

I prefer the format of Qwert's idea over the ICL. However the ICL was ready to go and if this on is going to drag on and on then I say bring back the ICL.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Qwert on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:57 am

Well WPBRJ, i dont say your name not once, and you still try to make confusion.
Im more for real leagues, and im whas against what you call Leagues(small groups of teams).
In your System ofcourse its better mixed ,because your So call "League" are not league, because have so little teams in Group.
All CL from begining are not League Competition format,and you know that. Ofcourse that in this system are better to be mixed,because with so little teams in group, there its no chance to advance nowhere. And every years its created more complicated and long competition. Its hard to explane to you,because you whas very hostile in CLA,when we try to talk with you.
I hope that you not come here to be hostile again,and to start some fight here,because i try to be frendly and to comunicate normal with other people.

Im in mythology clan, and if we start play in this LEague,we will still play in Division 2,not Premier Division, so i dont know what you mean with this .

I dont hate anything what you sugested in your concept, and people in CLA know who whas hostile, and this is not me.

And i dont have any involvment in cancel of ICL, so again i dont know what you connect this two . You have Organisers of ICL, and you can ask hem if you interesting .
If people see this like some better version of CL, then i dont have nothing against that this become new official CL.
I dont know what can heppend in 3-6 month, but i hope that togedher with community build universal rules , who will be accepted for everybody, and then everybody can be in position to run this event.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 am

Crazyirishman wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

I agree with you bruce on the part about unlimited forts, even if the general consensus is "they are more up to luck" that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed and the away team should be happy that the home team chose to use unlimited because there is more luck which would be a disadvantage to the home team. I personally don't think it is any more or less luck than getting a mixed set in round 3 or a flat rate game or 3 cashing/ getting stuck with a 2 pair in a escalating game. If there was a clan that used adjacent forts all the time and were really good with them, there wouldn't be such an huss fuss about whether they should be allowed or not.

However with trench, I disagree based on my experiences, I think most would end or be close to ending within 15 rounds. Yes conquest maps would take longer but a round limit could be used to stop them from dragging on. Team escalating would probably not run as smoothly but flat rate/ no spoils games have an added dynamic.

Unlimited Forts-Nuclear cards-Trench
Mine oppinion its that every home team decide settings, so i dont know what limitation we can apply with this 3 option.
Maybe we could add some game limitation?

Settings

No Freestyle
No Speed
No Manual
Nuclear is allowed with a limit of 10 games total for home games
trench Warfare is allowed with a limit of 10 games total for home games
Unlimited is allowed with a limit of 10 games total for home games

All game need to be --automatic--sequenched-round lenght 24 hours
Escalating-no limit for use
No Spoils-no limit for use
Flat RAte-no limit for use
Chained-no limit for use
adjacent-no limit for use
Fog of war-no limit for use
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:40 am

Can I just make a few observations, based on my experience of the current CL4.

1. Glad to hear it is purely a league (no play-offs). It's crazy to have had the best performance in the Round 1 division or Round 2 division and then get knocked out in a play off.

2. Please consider giving a break from the admin for clans. CL4, although it is only 6 home games per week, has been a big headache.
CL4 = Get home games ready by Sunday. Then by Thursday get the teams sorted for the away games. Then 3 days later have another 6 home games ready...and so it goes. There is no rest for the poor guy doing the admin.
New system = 9 home games every 2 weeks. In between the clan will receive 9 away games to fill. Much easier to administrate and a much better break in between games

3. Don't even have draws/ties. Why have an even number of games when it's unnecessary? And it is very unfair to award 3pts for a win and 1pt for a tie if you do. The only reason FIFA adopted the 3pt/1pt system was to encourage attacking play - in football. Such an incentive cannot exist in a game of Risk. If you award 3pts/1pt then you have a crazy scenario where a clan loses 0-12 and wins 7-5 (7-17 win/loss) who would be ahead in the table of a clan who drew 6-6 & 6-6 (12-12 win/loss). This is simply wrong. Either adopt a 2pt/1pt win/draw system or, better still, do not have the chance of a draw/tie. I think if every 2 weeks a clan prepares 9 home games (3 x doubs, 3 x trips, 3 x quads) then we cannot have any ties. And in the weekends in between their home games they receive 9 away games from another clan. This would be great. TSM can meet IA once in, say, spring and again in winter - 9 games each time.

Thanks for considering this
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Teflon Kris on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 am

Why not just suggest that the CLA Clan League moves towards this fixed division format in future seasons?

The main objection people raised against fixed divisions was that it creates issues if a high-ranked clan does not participate then wants to join in a later season - they would then have to play through the leagues or a clan in a higher division gets unfairly relegated.

This issue could be overcome if there is enough advance warning of clans not participating having to start in the bottom division, and enough clans competing. This could be achieved by making CL 5 a step towards fixed divisions, and CL 6 totally fixed divisions (i.e. no Phase 1 and promiotion /relegation system instead). Creating another rival league would not work as it would reduce the number of clans in both leagues and leave this problem.

Why not join up with the CLA CL organising team for CL 5 and beyond qwert?

;)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives