Conquer Club

CC Clan League 5 - Question going here

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Clan League -Premier-First-Second

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 pm

I do like the setup. I would agree with IcePack about lowering the number in each league to 10-13. This is to makes all leagues more even in numbers and shorten the season a little bit.

Here is the problem, can we just have one league? I don't care if it's ICL or this or something else, but let's have one clan league, and one Cup, and have it end at that.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Also, if the majority would be in favor of qwert's setup, personally, I would not have a problem using it instead of the setup that the ICL is using. I like the ICL setup and the schedule took me a while to work on. I mean, it was 1184 sets to schedule... But if more people would enjoy qwert's year to year, we could make a quick switch to that setup. The scheduling for qwert's setup can be done in about 5 minutes.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 pm

I agree...there are so many leagues, I'd like to see what clans prefer. This one is easier to schedule / administer, and also easier to plan for as a clan which is entering.
One of the biggest concerns people have voiced about ICL is the schedule and so many little sets with no easy way to plan. This would alleviate a lot of those concerns.
What do the other clans think? I'd like to see a consolidation of all these leagues into something.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jefjef on Sat May 19, 2012 2:30 am

Ok. I read OPs post and chaps and Ice's post above me.

What I do NOT like is:

"Clan's cannot use the same map more than one time in League."

What I DO like is:

Clans may use same map twice but different team size.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby benga on Sat May 19, 2012 2:45 am

qwert is here proposing format for CL5

not another league
Sergeant benga

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat May 19, 2012 2:53 am

Take the total number of official maps on CC (add a few betas that will go 'live' within 6 months), find a number that divides nicely into the total e.g 11, 12, 13, 14, then put that number of clans in the league. Each fortnight a clan creates its home games (if there are 144 maps and 12 clans, then this figure would be 12) and in the week in between it plays 12 away games. Every map on CC is to be used, and once only. This would really decide who is the best 'all round' clan on CC.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby benga on Sat May 19, 2012 3:00 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Take the total number of official maps on CC (add a few betas that will go 'live' within 6 months), find a number that divides nicely into the total e.g 11, 12, 13, 14, then put that number of clans in the league. Each fortnight a clan creates its home games (if there are 144 maps and 12 clans, then this figure would be 12) and in the week in between it plays 12 away games. Every map on CC is to be used, and once only. This would really decide who is the best 'all round' clan on CC.

there are something like 220 maps
Sergeant benga

Postby angola on Sat May 19, 2012 3:06 am

IcePack wrote:I agree...there are so many leagues, I'd like to see what clans prefer. This one is easier to schedule / administer, and also easier to plan for as a clan which is entering.
One of the biggest concerns people have voiced about ICL is the schedule and so many little sets with no easy way to plan. This would alleviate a lot of those concerns.
What do the other clans think? I'd like to see a consolidation of all these leagues into something.

IcePack

What leagues exactly are you talking about?

ICL and CLA4? Am I missing another one?

I like Chuuuuck's CC tournament's and would hope they would continue on as something separate.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby MichelSableheart on Sat May 19, 2012 4:27 am

I like the idea of a promotion/degradation league system, but I have some doubts whether it's maintainable. My main concern is the stability of the clan world. With a season lasting a year, I'm affraid we may see more changes then a promotion/degradation system can handle. Clans split, fall apart, new clans are formed, clans can pick up a set of strong players...

If I remember correctly, Tofu had to start in the bottom division as a new clan in CL2, but due to it's roster everyone knew that they would trounce that division. Similar problems may happen in this structure, where new but very good clans get paired against the weakest clans around. Also, what would happen if one of the top clans in the premier division disbanded?

In footbal, a promotional/degradational system works because you can be reasonably sure that teams won't vary in strength too much from season to season.
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby freakns on Sat May 19, 2012 5:07 am

chapcrap wrote:I do like the setup. I would agree with IcePack about lowering the number in each league to 10-13. This is to makes all leagues more even in numbers and shorten the season a little bit.

Here is the problem, can we just have one league? I don't care if it's ICL or this or something else, but let's have one clan league, and one Cup, and have it end at that.

this x10000000000000000000000000000000
Brigadier freakns

Postby benga on Sat May 19, 2012 5:56 am

freakns wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I do like the setup. I would agree with IcePack about lowering the number in each league to 10-13. This is to makes all leagues more even in numbers and shorten the season a little bit.

So why did you start ICL?

Also I really haven't seen anywhere that your or any other clan must participate in every event?

Again I am repeating, qwert's suggestion here is about improving CL!!!
Sergeant benga

Postby freakns on Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 am

benga wrote:
freakns wrote:

So why did you start ICL?

Also I really haven't seen anywhere that your or any other clan must participate in every event?

Again I am repeating, qwert's suggestion here is about improving CL!!!

why did i start what?! can i have your dealer number pls?
Brigadier freakns

Postby Qwert on Sat May 19, 2012 3:56 pm

benga wrote:qwert is here proposing format for CL5

not another league

I dont have nothing against ,if this become new official competition. I start from belove,and build something much more close to League competition.

by MichelSableheart Ā» Sat May 19, 2012 11:27 am

I like the idea of a promotion/degradation league system, but I have some doubts whether it's maintainable. My main concern is the stability of the clan world. With a season lasting a year, I'm affraid we may see more changes then a promotion/degradation system can handle. Clans split, fall apart, new clans are formed, clans can pick up a set of strong players...

If I remember correctly, Tofu had to start in the bottom division as a new clan in CL2, but due to it's roster everyone knew that they would trounce that division. Similar problems may happen in this structure, where new but very good clans get paired against the weakest clans around. Also, what would happen if one of the top clans in the premier division disbanded?

In footbal, a promotional/degradational system works because you can be reasonably sure that teams won't vary in strength too much from season to season.

----------------------------------------
Im aware of this, but we will build rules for to also.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat May 19, 2012 4:03 pm

jefjef wrote:Ok. I read OPs post and chaps and Ice's post above me.

What I do NOT like is:

"Clan's cannot use the same map more than one time in League."

What I DO like is:

Clans may use same map twice but different team size.

like i say, everything are open for discussion, and this are also open for discusion. Personaly ,consider that we have 220 maps, i realy dont see any problem with this rule because you need to prepare 78 diferent maps for your home games.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby karel on Sat May 19, 2012 10:15 pm

i do like qwerts idea,nice job man
Private 1st Class karel

Postby IcePack on Sat May 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Its not CL5, does CL have upgrade / downgrade each year? No...they have assignments to Group A B C D etc for placement into divisions afterwards.

This is based on yearly results and x clans move up, and x clans move down etc.

Although I would like to see a clan "playoff" at the end of sorts, maybe top 4 in Premier, top 2 in first and second league?

Angola, as far as other leagues i was refering to qwert's here, eddie2 is talking about a league, we just started the ICL...thats 3 leagues discussing start ups / rules within a couple months.

While i understand not everyone needs to sign up for every event, at some point they lose the excitement factor when all clans are choosing between 3-4 different leagues and not filling up.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xman5151 on Sat May 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I do like this idea for a league a lot - as for the ICL I would be fine with some kinda merger with this, or however you guys are looking at doing it, I agree having too many of these leagues does take out some of the excitement factor, at some point.
Private xman5151

Postby IcePack on Sat May 19, 2012 10:56 pm

I think my changes to the suggestion would be this:

Premier League: top 12
First League: 13-24
Second League: 25-36

I would add a playoff (even if its technically a seperate "event") that includes top 4 of Premier, top 2 of First and Second League.

I would downgrade bottom 3 Premier's each year.
I would downgrade bottom 3 First each year.
I would upgrade top 2 from First each year to Premier.
I would upgrade top 1 from Second each year to Premier (to make room for hot new clans or something, ex: the pack)
I would upgrade #2, and 3 from Second each year to First.

These are my suggestions. I also like jefjef's about map usage and a few other things maybe (unlimited forts, nukes, with some restrictions? maybe like % of overall games) but those are final points of the league. This is big picture post (mainly).

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm

I agree with Ice mostly.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby stahrgazer on Sun May 20, 2012 12:48 am

Chariot of Fire wrote: Every map on CC is to be used, and once only. This would really decide who is the best 'all round' clan on CC.

No. A "best 2 of 3" or "best 3 of 5" games on a same map is more likely to separate luck from skill, which would require each map on CC used 3 to 5 times to get to your "best all around clan on CC," if that's what you're aiming for.

Pretty lengthy, but more accurate than 1 game per map. So, if you're not going to do 3 to 5 games per map, then a reasonable setup like qwert has provided, that provides a systematic method for moving up and down league divisions (as opposed to a popularity vote) can work pretty well to identify top clans.

IcePack wrote:I think my changes to the suggestion would be this:

Premier League: top 12
First League: 13-24
Second League: 25-36

I would add a playoff (even if its technically a seperate "event") that includes top 4 of Premier, top 2 of First and Second League.

Seems unreasonable introduce a playoff between the top of the next lower league, with a separation of 8 to 13 clans between premier/first, and 11-13 clans between first and second league.

If you must have playoffs between divisions, shouldn't those playoffs be the bottom of the next higher league (those slated to degrade) vs the top of the next lower league (those slated to upgrade) ?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby uckuki on Sun May 20, 2012 1:00 am

can you do a survey on nukes? I'm sure plenty of clan people like playing nukes.

I don't see 1 good reason why not allow them. I understand that some people
like doing the same old thing over and over, but they should not get a
preference over those who like to have fun. the argument that nukes favor luck
element is the silliest thing I have heard on this site. last time I checked, the
game when you throw dice is by very definition a game of chance. saying that
luck plays bigger role in nukes than in other spoils (flat or escalating) is just
nonsense. how many games are decided by someone having 2 pairs or a 3 carder at
crucial point in game: good chunk at the least.

vote for nukes is vote for fun.

nukes nukes nukes
:)
Major uckuki

Postby angola on Sun May 20, 2012 1:21 am

I agree with uckuki, a straight vote should be taken on nukes. I would much rather ban flat rate than nukes. Flat rate is luckier than nukes.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun May 20, 2012 2:00 am

My only issue with the initial proposal (and someone can correct me if I have this wrong) is the initial placement of teams in the various tiers. I think the rankings are somewhat arbitrary and subject relative to how good a clan currently is. I think that there's plenty of teams that would start in the second tier that think they are good enough to be in the first tier and plenty of clans that start in the third tier that think they're good enough to start in the second tier.

I would like to see an initial qualification process put into place; and something with a critical mass of games that it's not flukey.

However (and I need to learn the details better), if proposals are accepted that include second/third tier teams in the playoffs then I think that's not so much of an issue.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Crarg on Sun May 20, 2012 3:39 am

I think this is really great idea.

Regarding the process of selecting the initial leagues we can only go on the rankings we have. It would not make sense to have a whole bunch of qualifications or even a once off qualification to select the different tiers. In a league format the best always rise to the top as it is consistency that wins a league.

When new clubs enter leagues, they enter at the bottom no matter how good they are. It may take them a year or two but they will get there.

I really don't beleive we need to have playoff's either because as mentioned earlier the winner should be the most consistent team of the year and not rely on a once off game/war to win. The only playoff that may be considered is the promotion relegation game between the 2nd/3rd last of the higher league against the 2nd/3rd placed team of the lower division looking for promotion. The rest should be automatic promotions and relegations.

This format can also run for a calendar year and ending with a clear Clan champion each year.

There are way more pro's than cons on this idea and I think it should be investigated fully and replace the other league formats we currently have.

There can also be a cup competition running that is a once off war each round and will allow the smaller clans to compete with the big boys every now and then, but the league will remain the pinnacle of everything. As the smaller clans gets bigger and more experienced they will move up and start getting promoted to the higher leagues.

Good idea Qwert and I really hope this gets off the ground.
Sergeant Crarg

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun May 20, 2012 9:17 am

Say, for instance......

Each division has 20 clans.

There are 195 official maps + 14 beta maps

A clan sets up 11 home games once every 2 weeks

A clan joins 11 away games once every 2 weeks (the week in between the home games)

A map can only be used once

This means

The league runs over 38 weeks (longer if holiday breaks are included)

A clan will play 209 home games, each on a different map, and 209 away games, also each on a different map (so most maps will be played twice, with home & away settings)

Home 'advantage' is therefore just choosing type & settings, e.g trips esc adjacent fog (plus of course picking the right map for the opponents you are about to face)

Random is not an option

This is how a league should be. A decent number of games over a whole season and being tested on every map CC has to offer.

Thus we can determine league champions (CC Clan League) and cup champions (Conqueror's Cup) each calendar year, and these would be the 2 big events for every clan to participate in.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives